NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 29 (Mon) 12:09 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next
Accepted: Blood Tank: Araína 
Former Member

Post Accepted: Blood Tank: Araína
Name: Araína
Race, Class, and Main Spec: Blood elf, Death Knight, Blood Tank
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... rhtml=true

What's your name and where are you from? Denise From Denmark

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.
How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding? 4-5 years I have pretty much raiding everything, with a few exceptions I been to and cleared at the corrects lvls ZG MC BWL AQ20 Naxx 40 (on a friend char) Kara, Gruul, magt, ssc, The eye, MH, BT, and WOTLK stuff up to The professor in ICC, have both OS3D achieves 10 and 25 man

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts. yes this is my PVE main, I only have one other raid worthy char my warlock and Original main http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... r%C3%ADela all my other chars are low lvl alts or only used for RP

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?
The lords of kobol, my first raiding guild disbanded
Greyskull, merged with another guild
Arise, Split in two
Hotwired, too much politics
PWn Stars, self-destructed pretty much
Sin Belore RP guild still have char there for RP

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.
I know Xyros

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?
I tank I love tanking, it’s what I do. I prefer not to judge my own performance but rather always try to be better no matter how good i am, one can always improve

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
I am speced blood tank for survivability, my talent choices are based on getting threat and surviving and I find it to be a very fun tank spec, not the best for AOE but single target and small scale aoe it’s pretty cool

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
I rarely do, I rather make my own experiences and go from there, what may work for one person can fail huge for another, but when I am going?? Skeletonjack.com used to be an awesome place for DK’s

Please provide the following (you may link them or attach them directly to your post). For both, you may capture either a 10- or 25-player raid, and VoA is perfectly acceptable.
    • a screenshot of your UI during raid boss combat; and
    • a log parse from a 10- or 25-man raid boss encounter using worldoflogs.com or similar.

Don’t have a screen shot of my raid ui any more, but I pretty much just use standard blizz UI with a few raid mods like OMEN, Ora2 and DBM, will get anything the guild needs me to get,

Role-playing Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.
Araína Swiftrunner is not a nice person, but rather cruel and merciless, has a strange sense of humor, likes to laugh at others misfortune, is easy to anger, hates people ordering her around without first earning her respect
To get a feel for her IC persona you really need to RP with her, as i am not very good a describing my chars

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.
I am dyslexic, so I can have certain spelling problems here and there
also, my DK does have a DPS of Spec but I get bored easy when DPS’ing and don’t really like it:-P

Think that all, Hope you enjoy the read, and thank for looking over my app

2010 May 13 (Thu) 6:59 pm
Former Member

Post Re: Blood Tank: Araína
Well, I know this girl pretty well and I can certainly vouch for her attitude and availability. Futhermore, we are dealing with a very experienced WoW-gamer here, so I think she will be of great support in ICC10/25.
Oh and ... and we don't have Danish people yet, or do we? xD

2010 May 13 (Thu) 7:05 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
I'm afraid I'm going to have to insist you take a screenshot of your UI. You can attach it directly to a forum post, so no need to bother with Photobucket or similar.

2010 May 13 (Thu) 7:13 pm
Former Member

just to clear things
Quote:
my DK does have a DPS of Spec but I get bored easy when DPS’ing and don’t really like it:-P

I will ofc do it when i have to, but just hope its not to often 8-)

2010 May 13 (Thu) 7:14 pm
Former Member

2010 May 13 (Thu) 7:22 pm
Former Member

Class: Death Knight
Good to see someone else who considers tanking a calling. And a Blood Death Knight too!

I've got loads of questions and comments though.

First about spec:
- Mine's a pretty standard sort of Blood tanking spec - you can see it here.
- You seem to have avoided Death Strike entirely as an ability. No Death Rune Mastery, no Bladed Armour, no Subversion, no Improved Death Strike. What's your thinking there?
- I use a rotation with a good deal of Death Strike in it, what's the rotation with your version?
- When do you find Dancing Rune Weapon to be useful?

Second some comments about gear:
- You have a few enchants that aren't Best In Slot. Wrists ought to have +40 Stamina on them. Chest should have +10 Stats. Shoulders could benefit from the PvP enchant (purchasable for 10,000 honour) which gives +30 stamina. Back is a tricky one to argue, I personally prefer +225 Armour.
- While you benefit from having a Dodge/Stamina purple gem in the hat to activate the meta there, you could get another 45 Stamina by turning your other Dodge/Stamina purple gems and Hit/Stamina green gems into Stamina blue gems. A small loss of Dodge and Hit but a large gain for your total Health.

Those changes, without any further gear upgrades would be an increase of 111 Stamina which translates to some 1500 Health.

And some questions about gear:
- What upgrades are you looking at in the near future through Emblems of Frost?
- Why is +10 Dodge Rating better than +10 Parry Rating?

And lastly some questions about tanking:
- What's your favourite boss encounter, and why?
- What's the worst boss encounter in the game, and why?
- What percentage of your Runic Power to you think goes on Rune Strike and what percentage on Death Coil? Let's not count the points for other longer cooldowns.

Thanks
- D

2010 May 13 (Thu) 11:51 pm
Former Member

Lets see if i cant answer some of that

First of all i dont use death strike in my rotation right now, i feel it takes to much of my threat away and its my experience that it does more overhealing then healing
why i have dancing rune weapon, to be honest for fun and a bit(small bit i know :P ) of extra dmg

my rotation is flexible but mainly i do runestrike when ever i can, i ofc start any fight with an IT and PS
IT-IT-HS-HS-PS-PS and pretty much only use DC when i have 80 or more RP or i cant do anything else
i have a very intresting style of play but it works, trust me

changed my wrist enchant enchant and the chest one
ewww PVP :P got a little over 8 K honor will have a look at that enchant TBH i pretty much ignore everything to do with pvp, but TBH i like my dodge dont need the def Way overcapped :P aka i will get that shoulder enchant you suggestet
if i change the hit gems i loose my hit cap, but can recheck my figures on that one just to be sure
only have one dodge/stam gem and i need that one for my meta

was thinking i would go for T10 chest or gloves or head need to sit down and check the numbers on which is the biggest upgrade but need a few more badges first anyways :P

Why is 10 dodge better then 10 parry? The ICC -dodge debuff comes to mind:-P, if theres some numbers theory crafting reason behind it i dont know it, and i feel honesty is the best action here
My favorite encounter: But but there are so many nothing beats trash tanking MH as a paly ALONE, but if talking WOTLK thats dam hard i love tanking so much its hard to pick one fight, i love saurfang its a good fight and i love the back and fourth between two tank, but like a said theres not many fights i dont love to tank Yoggie in ulduar is quite fun aswell
The worst fight has to be the have to defend bran wave fight in HOS its horible as a DK:-P

The rune power thing ehhhh i have no clue i never really thought about it…..20 mins later thinking about still got nothing i will have a look at my recount next heroic i do:-P

I iam not thick headed i can take advice, but i also expect people to leave room for me to have my own personal style, and remember just because everybody else is doing dont make it cool
*tryis to do Cool hand signs but fails epicly*

Did i miss anything, i hope not:-D

2010 May 14 (Fri) 1:56 am
Former Member

Class: Death Knight
Had a good long chat this evening about tanking, gear, professions, answers to these questions and so forth.

2010 May 14 (Fri) 3:04 am
Former Member

Just wanna add iam changing my skinning to JC, may the sunwell have merci on my soul

2010 May 14 (Fri) 3:06 am
Former Member

How do you see forthcoming summer having effect to your activity in game? What's your own imagine, how active you can generally be (do you have other hobbies during some of our raid nights etc)?

2010 May 14 (Fri) 12:06 pm
Profile WWW
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next