NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 28 (Sun) 11:21 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to pagePrevious  1, 2
Accepted: Vedder - Resto Druid 
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Post Re: Vedder - Resto Druid
Greetings to you aswell Narushka,

I work every weekday until about 17.00 (CET) and usually rush home to log on WoW :lol:
and do spend the most of the evening in Azeroth. There aren't any specifique days of which I don't play, it's more like if real life things comes in the way (i.e birthdays for relatives etc), that I probably won't come online.
Nothing scheduled for the summer as of now (except this weeks thursday, my cousin is graduating from school) so will be here most of the days and will give an early heads up if unable to come for any days(won't be many though :D ).

I'm interested in all types of raids, being so close to killing LK with my former guild would be very nice to join some progress raids for that but very aware of that you probably have your team setup for that already :P and I'm very patient.

I have checked your raid times and they would fit in nicely, in fact I'm able to come every day of the week, and aim for atleast 3 raids a week. In the former guild we usually had 3-4 raids a week so no problem for me to extend to 4 raids if that's what you're asking.

Also thanks all for your kind words :D
/ Vedder

2010 Jun 07 (Mon) 10:40 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Good to see those comments about activity. We may hold you to them.

I have a couple of follow-up questions for you.

Looking at your UI, there's Grid, party unit frames, and a Blizzard default party frame (presumably for the other party).
    • This might be fine in a 10-player raid, but how do you heal in 25s, if you ever have? Wouldn't the default raid frame, plus party frames, plus grid cover almost your entire screen

• You said you don't use grid to heal, you just use it to see e.g. who has curses. Why not? Why bother with two UI elements side by side that give the same information and serve the same purpose? Am I correct in assuming that when someone gets cursed, you 1. notice on Grid who it is; 2. find that person AGAIN on the other raid frames, and then 3. target them and decurse?

• Also, two points about using Grid for healing: presuming you click someone to target them and then cast your heal, why not just do this on Grid? And second, given how much you enjoyed the haste boost on your gear, wouldn't you benefit from the IRL "haste boost" if you didn't have to change targets to heal and could just click someone to heal them? Have you ever tested an addion like Clique?

Post sounds kind of attacky, for which I apologize, but I'm just trying to probe some of the potential problems I see.

2010 Jun 07 (Mon) 2:03 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Hey again Thórva,

I understand you completly about worrying over my UI and appreciate your comments about them, I was also kind of prepared that I would get a lot of questions about it because as you say it doesn't seem optimal.
But I will try and get you to understand :D ...for healing in 25man I put out the other 3 goups aorund the one you see now and move grid over to the right side just above recount.
I only target units in Grid to remove curses/poisions and for summons :P , I might not have it properly configured but I kind of find it lacking the oppurtunity to see when a party member is low on health therefore I don't trust it for healing. This is currently working out well for me and I haven't heard anyone complain over my effective healing nor any lacking in awareness during a fight.
I haven't tried any addon like Clique but I can assure you that my current layout works out for me, but if you require me to try it out I guess I could.

/ Vedder

2010 Jun 07 (Mon) 3:09 pm
Officer (Retired)

Hejjjjj. Poke me for a chat in-game, plox. I'll be around starting at about 6 tonight.

2010 Jun 08 (Tue) 11:45 am
Officer (Retired)

Angenommen, eingeladen.

2010 Jun 08 (Tue) 6:55 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to pagePrevious  1, 2