NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 29 (Mon) 6:08 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next
Accepted: Vedder - Resto Druid 
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Post Accepted: Vedder - Resto Druid
Name: Vedder of Thunder Bluff

Race, Class, and Main Spec: Cow, Resto Druid

Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &cn=Vedder

What's your name and where are you from? Henke from Göteborg Sweden

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.
Will turn 50 60+ 87- this year I think :D Yea I read you annals (math skill increased 450/450 :lol: )

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding?
Started playing during mid TBC with my rogue, didn't do many raids in BC but I did do Kara, SSC and ZA, but only once or twice.
As far as WOTLK endgameraiding experience goes I know all tactics in ICC10 (11/12, wipefest on LK, like so many others :P ) ICC25 I have done up to the Professor Slime. One time I was actually a PuG in your raid, we only managed to get Roface down at that time, but I had loads of fun anyways.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.
Yes this is my main, I play this toon whenever I log on WoW. I currently have a DK alt which I play on from time to time, get tired of it quite easily^^ I really enjoy the versatality of Druids a bit too much to really enjoy another character I think.

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?
I have always been playing on Defias mostly because of my IRL friends who got me started with WoW are here.
Fear the Zhevra was the very first guild I was in. It started out as a social guild between IRL friends (most of them are in the path currently), and later escalated to a minor raiding guild. I used to play a rogue back then and we did some full guild Kara runs if I remember it correctly.
Later on in WOTLK I took quite a long break from raiding and was never here for the pre ICC raids. When I switched to playing a Druid I joined Carpe Omnius, we managed to clear ICC10 up to Sindragosa. This guild fell apart mostly due to the GL not being online other than raidnights so some of us; the core members broke free and started The Red Axe which we built up and got to LK, but not further than 43% and that's where I have been up until now. Red Axe fell apart by some numerous reasons which I won't bore you with but I left on good terms and don't think anyone would have anything bad to say about me. They are all still my friends.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.
In the Path I know Jahnrix, Jiander, Cadeau, Gloore and Lanegan (all IRL friends) other than that you can contact some of my former guildies such as Belgarath, Kregore, Edia, Vashyr or Gragzar.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?
I usually tend to be an all-around healer popping up the health bar on everyone who needs it. I think I'm doing a good job when noone dies while I was following tactics for whatever encounter it may be, also being at the top of recount gives me a selfconfidence a boost aswell.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
I used to start with a standard 11/0/60 spec, when I hadn't learned so much of the resto tree, but as I played on I learnt that haste is very important for druids to meet the 1 sec GCD, at first I was very skeptical about sacrificing a big amount of SP gems to meet the hastecap, I thought it was very overrated. Then I just had to try it and now I can't play without it :D . So I currently go with a 14/0/57 spec due to my current level of haste.
Glyphwise I chose Innervate and Swiftmend because they are both awesome and I wouldn't consider changing them for another, unless ofcourse for a very good reason. The Lifebloom glyph I use in 10man and when doing 25man I switch to Wild Growth mostly because there aren't that many situations where everyone is gathered up to benefit from the extra target in 10man.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
I mostly try out new things by myself but when I need to get some inspiration I usually take a peek on EJ.

Please provide the following (you may link them or attach them directly to your post). For both, you may capture either a 10- or 25-player raid, and VoA is perfectly acceptable.
    • a screenshot of your UI during raid boss combat; and
    • a log parse from a 10- or 25-player raid boss encounter using worldoflogs.com or similar.

Got the screenshot will post it after the app but wasn't prepared for the log parse. Did you recently add this as a criteria? :lol: , Currently saved for ICC10/25, VoA10/25 but I will be able to get you one on wednesday if needed.

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.
Vedder was born in hut not far away from Thunder Bluff. He liked to spend his days fishing by edges of Stonebull Lake, and he early on felt a strong connection to the nature.
One day when he was a about to return home after catching a great haul, feeling very good about himself with contributing to the daily hunt that was required for their tribe, he saw smoke in the distance near his tribes settlement and in another direction saw a pack of centaurs running the opposite way. He rushed home only to find his tribe wiped out by the murderous centaurs.
That day he made promise to himself. He promised he would never let anything like this happen again to anyone he cared about. After making that promise he suddenly felt something happening to him, he fell down on his knees infront of a nearby puddle and leaned over it to find the mirrorimage of himself transformed into the Tree of Life.

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.
If the tree bothers you in anyway I have gear and knowhow for all other specs aswell (not as greatly geared as resto though but up for ICC atleast). I currently go with a feral (tank) OS. Will need some modifications gemwise and such for the other 2.

Thanks for taking the time to read my application
Hope to hear from you soon
/ Vedder

2010 Jun 05 (Sat) 3:52 pm
Officer (Retired)

Post Re: Vedder - Resto Druid
And here's the screenshot, just hope it works:

2010 Jun 05 (Sat) 4:03 pm
Officer (Retired)

Here it is ^^ sor
Attachment:
ScreenShot001.jpg
ScreenShot001.jpg [ 147.4 KiB | Viewed 544 times ]
ry:">
Attachment:
ScreenShot001.jpg
ScreenShot001.jpg [ 147.4 KiB | Viewed 544 times ]
ry:" />

2010 Jun 05 (Sat) 4:11 pm
Former Member

this dude went from wtf you suck, to a WTF YOU ROCK in ... 2 weeks. dont ask me how he did it or so but he did it. (could be the change from rogue to druid "evil laughter")

2010 Jun 05 (Sat) 4:14 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
3 questions:

• How do you heal with Grid up there in the corner? Wouldn't it be better to have both Grid and your own mana bar in the center of your vision where you're going to have to look to decide whether you're standing in fire?

• What keys do you use to move? What functions do your mouse buttons have in your setup?

• Given how much of your healing is instant-cast DoT-based, and given the value of spirit to resto druids, do you really think Tuskarr's Vitality is a better choice for your boots than Greater Spirit? If so, why?

2010 Jun 06 (Sun) 6:46 pm
Former Member

Vouching for Vedder a druid in the luminous spirit!

2010 Jun 06 (Sun) 8:53 pm
Former Member

He looks good, only scanned over your app (sorry! xD) but seems to know his stuff.

2010 Jun 06 (Sun) 9:54 pm
Officer (Retired)

Hey Thorva,

To answer your questions.
1) To be honest I don't actually use Grid for healing purposes just checking it to watch curses and poisions and to see that everyone is in range of my spells. I always keep a watch of where I'm standing, hasn't caused me any problems before plus dbm most oftenly let's me know when it's time to move away for any danger up ahead.

2) I move around with standard buttons w,s,a,d, but I very often tend to run with both mousebuttons pressed down and turn with the right button pressed and I keep my druidforms keybinded to the scroll.

3) I really think Tuskarr's vitality is a must have enchant for raiding in ICC especially for fights like LK, where you have to move out fast from defile, or Sindragosa when you need to get away to safety after blistering cold and also some other fights. The 18 spirit that's given from the boot enchant will convert to around 3 spell power in Tree form, so I really think that Tuskarr's vitality is the BiS enchant.

2010 Jun 06 (Sun) 10:16 pm
Former Member

Vedder has skills, weve pugged with him before and he had the highest healing done and the lowest overhealing done thrue the entire raid. Epic little tree:)

Hes also a very helpful and cheerful mate that would fit perfectly in the guild
Put Göteborg on the healing map henke, see ya after mexico:)

2010 Jun 06 (Sun) 11:37 pm
Former Member

Greetings and thank you for your application.

--Could you describe how much do you use time in game (daily, weekly, do you have lots of days when you don't play)? How does summer effect to your play time?

--What kind of raids you're interested or/and willing to join (only 25mans, only progression raids, only ICC, achievement runs for older WotL instances, old school runs, alt runs etc etc)?

--I'm sure you've checked our raid times and dates, how fitting they're for you? How many nights per week you think you're going to be interested and able to join?

--What would you think if we'd add additional activity term to your trial?

2010 Jun 07 (Mon) 9:30 am
Profile WWW
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next