NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 29 (Mon) 12:53 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
Accepted: Sylarr - Holy Paladin 

Class: Paladin
Post Accepted: Sylarr - Holy Paladin
Just to mention before I start on the app. I was referred to here by Narkz and I will be applying for the social status app, and will proceed to apply for the raiding slot app when I have finished gearing this character.

Name: Sylarr
Race, Class, and Main Spec: Blood Elf, Paladin, Holy
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &cn=Sylarr [please don't laugh, I couldn't take it if you laughed :'(]

What's your name and where are you from?

My name is Dave and I am from the North-East of England.

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.

1 2 + 3 4 + *

I have no idea if that is correct :P. I intended it to equate to 21 :)

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding?

Been playing WoW since early 2006 now. Didn't have my own pc until midway through Burning Crusade so didn't really begin to raid until WotLK came out. Have experience in all raids up to Icecrown. I have only progressed through half of Icecrown on other characters and would like to be given the opportunity to experience the full thing.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.

I now consider this to be my main character and have for several months now. Previously my main character and alts were alliance in the guild Seraphim Nocturnus, who I gained all my raiding experience with. I still play those characters every once in a while but I mostly just play on Sylarr.

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?

On this realm I have only been in Seraphim Nocturnus. Only guild previous to that was a guild I was in when I first started to play which I cannot for the life of me recall the name :P.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.

I am real life friends with Narkz/Chris and also raided with him in Seraphim Nocturnus. Characters from that guild would probably be best to ask, namely Zarastro, Lirrin, Roada [On the rare chance you catch him online :P]

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?

I have tried all roles in raids, and found enjoyment in all of them. Obviously with me being a holy paladin I would be in the role of a healer, buff man and provider of morale boosting pep talks if things don't seem so good on the raiding front.

I judge whether I am doing a good job or not by whether I am putting my all into achieving as close to perfect play as I can manage. If I do make a careless mistake I will be the first person to declare it and go about making sure it never happens again. I'm a lil' bit of a perfectionist.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.

I chose my spec as a Holy Light spamming build to get the most healing effectiveness for mana cost out of my character.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?

Elitist jerks, Wow Forums, WowWiki, and any other site I can find reliable information from whilst searching for new character ideas.

Please provide the following (you may link them or attach them directly to your post). For both, you may capture either a 10- or 25-player raid, and VoA is perfectly acceptable.
    • a screenshot of your UI during raid boss combat; and
    • a log parse from a 10- or 25-player raid boss encounter using worldoflogs.com or similar.

Ermm, mind if i skip these until I am actually ready for raiding? atm i havent raided on this character so cannot deliver these.

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.

Ever hungry for more power, Sylarr spent many years leeching the life forces from Druids, Mages and and any other powerful beings that he managed to sneak up on. After a while when alliance heroes were alerted to his whereabouts, they steered clear of him, leaving him ravenous for raw power. He set off from his home and travelled to Eastern Plaguelands in the hope of stealing the dark, twisted powers of a necromancer or two, when he spotted the children of the Paladins and Priests from Lights Hope Chapel. The bloodbath that ensued was horrific, but these children supplied Sylarr with near limitless amounts of holy power. Not long after that event Sylarr began to dream of the children he slaughtered, and even began to feel remorse for his actions. Eventually he could take it no longer and set out for Silvermoon City to request the proper training to allow him to use this power for good, seemingly to ease his conscience. Noone knows how he came across his powers, and Sylarr wants to keep it that way.

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.

I am really dedicated to the game when I have a goal to achieve and am able to play alongside other like-minded guild members. I will devote any spare time i have to furthering my character and hopefully this will indirectly further the guild.

Thank you for taking the time to read this application. I look forward to your response.

2010 Jun 17 (Thu) 10:53 pm
Officer (Retired)

Post Re: Sylarr - Holy Paladin
Hey Dave,

I'm assuming your friendship with Narkz is what led you here, and you've taken the time to fill out the answers to most of the questions decently and honestly.

It won't come as a surprise to you that we can't consider your character for a raiding spot. Right now, our progress point is somewhere in the middle of ICC 10 hardmodes, and Sylarr is a long, long way from being able to heal those.

If your main motivation for wanting to join the Path is to play with friends, we'll be happy to consider this an application for the social rank of Valiant. We can then talk about a transition to a raiding trial when that becomes possible. Are you happy to proceed on that basis?

2010 Jun 18 (Fri) 1:55 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
And just so you're forewarned, I liked that show as much as the next guy, but in order to be considered for a raiding rank, you'll need a name and backstory that isn't a ripoff of Heroes.

2010 Jun 18 (Fri) 2:28 pm

I am more than happy to assume the position of valiant :)

On the topic of Heroes. I hadn't actually watched that programme before making this character, but used that character background as a filler until I develop something more fitting.

2010 Jun 18 (Fri) 3:25 pm
Officer (Retired)

Hey,

We're not going to make you pay for a name change, though I hope, if you decide to stick with this character, you'll find a plausible Blood Elf name for him and a background that comes from Warcraft lore. It doesn't have to be good, even, just show a little originality. We'll revisit this issue if you decide you ever want to start raiding with us.

For now, you're welcome to join as a social member. Whisper me, Zalmoxis, Ekhan, Denathos, Narushka, Nimoe, or Kainé for a ginvite.

2010 Jun 19 (Sat) 1:16 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]