NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 29 (Mon) 2:00 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
Accepted: Derry - Protection Warrior 

Class: Warrior
Post Accepted: Derry - Protection Warrior
Name:Derry

Race, Class, and Main Spec :Tauren Protection Warrior

Armory Link: : http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... d&cn=Derry

What's your name and where are you from?:Name's Shane and i'm from Ireland

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.Well i'm 23, i also suck at maths

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding? well i started about 5 years ago, but i stopped for wotlk, only started back properly recently. my endgame raiding consists of Classic and TBC encounters, in TBC i was MT in a Raiding guild on my old realm. cleared everything from kara to illidari council in BT, then i took a leave of tanking and did pvp for a bit, then i just stopped playing. Have been running alot of wotlk heroics to gear up over the last 4 days, was MT in ToC 25 today without any problems

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.yeah its my main, i play it alot, probably too much, when i'm not working anyway, i had a shadowpriest called wrathos that i used to pvp alot with at 70 but its inactive now

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild? Honestly i cant remember the names, there was a few in tbc but i cant remember

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also. well thats my problem, as i haven't been playing for about 2 years i have nobody current to ask, you could try Xuthi on Ravenholdt, he was my arena partner on his rogue and he's seen me tank a bit back then

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?: i'm a tank, my role is to keep the boss/mobs hitting me while keeping them debuffed and myself buffed so my mitigation as high as possible and acting appropriatly to any dangerous abilities

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did. i went with a basic prot spec with impale for increased threat

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game? : Tankspot, MMO champ, Wow forums

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it. Derry wandered through the forests of the Sholazar Basin, His shield already battered and sword notched from the fighting he had been in earlier. He shook his head, he was a peacfull individual, at least compared to the orcs and trolls he fought with but seeing the destruction around him just sent him over the edge. Corpses, walking cadavers eating into the earth, destroying the balance between nature and those who walk upon it, he had to stop them, nobody could fault his for losing his temper like that, its not like they were alive anyway.
Derry felt like he had to do something to stop this pointless destruction of the earth, icecrown citadel, the towering saronite monstrosity, thats where the one who started all this was.
something had to be done but he couldn't do it alone. Derry turned and walked towards Borean Thundra, maybe Hellscream had some ideas.

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application. Well, my gear level isn't the best, though i think its as good as i'll get from triumph and heroic drops. I did only start back recently so i haven't had much time to get geard up, but the ammount i've gotten in the time i've been 80's gotta show for something right?
I'm a very fast learner, doing a fight once will usually result in me knowing exactly what to do next time around, and i often research raid encounters so i'm not cought offguard. I'm not a min/max kinda person but i always try to do my best.
I dont slack and if in progression i never moan about wiping and will never leave early.
i'm always trying to improve my playstyle and my character.
oh, and i'm a nice guy :), i never try to make anyone feel bad about themselves and try to always have some manners towards others.

2010 Jun 24 (Thu) 5:33 pm
Former Member

Class: Druid
Post Re: Derry - Protection Warrior
Hello Shane,

It would seem you missed out a question, being a tank; a dps log might not show us much, but a shot of your UI is going to help us with our decision.

It only takes a minute! Doo eet.

Thanks

2010 Jun 24 (Thu) 5:47 pm

Righto, sorry about that.

haven't really had time to set up a proper one yet so its still basic stock ui, i'm a bit of a ui nut, or was anyway so will have a decent one soonish when i figure how i want it. I'm not in a raid atm, all that changes though is DBM is above omen.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/at ... 160608.jpg

2010 Jun 24 (Thu) 6:15 pm

Just wanted to add, have splashed out all my gold and am now sitting on 5.2k ish gearscore (Stupid addon), not bad after 4 days at 80
and
'How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation'.

/facepalm, google made it sound more complicated
i'm 30 7 -

2010 Jun 25 (Fri) 1:41 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Well thank god you're a Tauren... this guild has more heads of cattle than a hillside in Odessa.

As you can imagine, there's a mismatch here between your gear and (recent) experience and our guild progress point: Icecrown 10 hardmodes. There's also the matter, as I understand you've already discussed with Narushka, that we have three very active and one steadily active tanks, which is twice as many as we can take to any one 10-man raid.

That said, prot warrior is listed on our recruitment page because we have no active warriors at all at the moment, so we're considering this application on its merits. My questions are these:

• What are your personal goals—what do you want to see and accomplish—in these waning months of Wrath raiding?

• Can you talk about both your (a) expectations in terms of getting a raid spot and (b) availability looking ahead over the whole summer, specifically with regard to our raid times?

• And more generally, how is being a tank in a guild different from other roles?

2010 Jun 25 (Fri) 2:50 pm

OK first things, yea, my gear's not that great, its at ICC 10 normal level anyway, should also be grand for 25, though as you say you're on heroic modes and i dont know enough to comment on them, if you're sceptical you're probably right.
and you have 3 or 4 tanks atm, i didn't think of that, i was still in the mentality where warriors were a must have tank in raids so was surprised when you didn't have one, though i see how thats changed alot in wotlk

Personally, I have very little interest in gathering gear and such, its just a means to a end for me. I enjoy the climb.. like, i enjoy learning fights and struggling at them, getting out all those little problems like someone not kicking a certain heal or getting feared into fire or whatever. I also enjoy the lore aspect of things, seeing the story play out with 'me' actually in it instead of just reading about it.

Expectations getting a raid spot - i dont expect anything except what anyone would expect from a organisation (guild) which would be fairness, like i said before, just because you're doing ICC hc modes doesn't mean i'd expect to be invited to one the day i joined (if), or any further days untill someone deems my gear ready. I also wouldn't be expecting a spot on farm raids to gear up over someone who has been there alot longer.
My attendence over the summer is set to stay the same, i dont have school coming up or anything, i work full time, the raid days i have seen are in general good, i can make those days most weeks at those times, and i work shift work so i could tell you what time/date i'd be due to work 5 months from now.

How does a tank differ from other roles?, i used to always see tanking in raids as a fight against the dps instead of against a boss, like a tug o' war with a 80 ft deamon. Dps are going for maximum damage, i dont have any goal like that, except to stay ahead on threat with is only a problem the first few seconds of a fight. what i have to worry about as a tank is what the boss will do next, what i'll do when he does that, how doing that will affect everyone else, is there anything better i can do that can make the healers job easier or dps do more damage.
Ah, but you said being a tank 'in a guild'. well, thats a bit harder, i guess when you're a tank you're the minority, if you mess up people will notice and them bringing you is them showing confidence that you wont mess up, so you owe it to the raid to play your best every time. You should always be looking at fights and how different people do things, Different methods at certain bosses and commit each of these to memory. Like i know now two years on that if i started any tbc boss fight that i had done i would remember exactly what to do.
Probably the wrong way to answer these questions, and was a bit windy.

I'm probably not what you're looking for gearwise, though perhaps this could be a 'recruiting the player, not the gear', kinda time?
anyway, whatever you choose thanks for taking the time to have a look.

2010 Jun 26 (Sat) 12:03 am
Officer (Retired)

Poke me for a chat in-game when next we're both online.

2010 Jun 27 (Sun) 2:26 pm
Officer (Retired)

I'm willing to give this a try. Whisper me, Ekhan, Nimoe, Kainé, Narushka, or Denathos for a /ginvite.

2010 Jun 28 (Mon) 10:39 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]