NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 29 (Mon) 4:31 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next
Declined: Grobaak Application 

Class: Warrior
Post Declined: Grobaak Application
Name: Grobaak
Race, Class, and Main Spec: Orc Warrior Fury
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... cn=Grobaak

What's your name and where are you from?

My names Christopher and I'm from London, England.

How old are you?

I'm 22 years old.

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding?

I've been playing WoW for about a year now, I've been in ICC a fair few times on both my 80's but not very far into it.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.

Grobaak is my main and he is a Fury Warrior and my ALT is Gragnak who is a Enhancement Shaman, also an Orc.

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?

I was in La Danse Macabre but left due to lack of raids, I'm currently in Apotheosis but since joining I don't think they have said more then 2 words to me. They aren't the friendliest people apparently.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.

Gashno from La Danse Macabre is my best reference I guess. You could ask my mate Aeldin but I guarantee he will say I suck!

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?

My role would be bring the damage. I judge how well I done by making sure I don't get myself and others killed by lacking the fight knowledge. There's nothing more I hate then a messy fight, a nice clean kill always makes me happy.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.

Well, to be honest, I spend most my time in excel sheets and seeing what I can pull the most DPS with. Be it with gemming, enchants or talent choices. I think I have a nice setup at the moment but with every new piece of gear comes yet more calculations.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?

I watch a lot of videos on Youtube, mainly Dontain for PVP. Other then that, the Warcraft Warrior forums and my mate Shaqueil who is also a Warrior. We bounce ideas off each other and often argue with one another about it!

Please provide the following (you may link them or attach them directly to your post). For both, you may capture either a 10- or 25-player raid, and VoA is perfectly acceptable.
    • a screenshot of your UI during raid boss combat; and
    • a log parse from a 10- or 25-player raid boss encounter using worldoflogs.com or similar.

*The combat log will have to wait, I'm not entirely sure how to get it from my game to here*

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.

*I don't role play, I respect the rules of role play but it's not my thing. Regardless, I'll have a go*

Little is known about where Grobaak was originally from. He was found as a young Orc but Gragnak, who took him under his wing. After many weeks of Gragnak trying to find Grobaak's parents it became obvious that they were not to be found. Being a Shaman in training, Gragnak attempted to bring Grobaak down the same path, attempting to attune him with the elements. Sadly to say, Grobaak lacked any kind of patience and would often pick fights with Gragnak's earth elementals, leading to various injures to Grobaak. In a change of plan, Gragnak offered Grobaak a axe, requesting he took out his aggression. It became apparent that this was which Grobaak felt most at home with, swinging his axe with majestic force. A warrior was born, as the years passed a pact was born between the two Orcs. To rid Azeroth of all things opposing the Horde... and to find shiny things to marvel at!

2010 Jul 08 (Thu) 2:39 am
Former Member

Class: Druid
Post Re: Grobaak Application
Hello Grobaak and thanks for applying.

Few questions:

What made you decide to apply here, how did you find us?

What made you choose Fury?

What are your thoughts on the ReadID?

THÓRVA SAYS: Terminated your purple!
Noooooooooo! 5gpls

Last edited by Aarien on 2010 Jul 08 (Thu) 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2010 Jul 08 (Thu) 12:17 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
As well as Gorganoth's questions, we are going to need to see your DPS, either through a Recount screenshot (meh), or a log (yey!).

2010 Jul 08 (Thu) 12:30 pm

What made you decide to apply here, how did you find us?

I saw Thorva's advertisement on trade and was interested in seeing was the guild was like, after browsing the site I was impressed so I applied.

What made you choose Fury?

What made me choose Fury? Them numbers, them massive numbers you pull in raids and instances. I was actually a tank for most my levelling and still have some Heroic ranked tanking gear but Fury is my spec.

What are your thoughts on the ReadID?

I don't really care to be honest, I ain't got nothing against it but I do worry about my account safety a little. It will probably just stop me from posting on the Warcraft forums (which I barely do anyway, I'm more of a reader then a teller).

I'll work on getting a DPS count for you, I can get the one from the picture above? Although its a 25man ICC and I'm pulling 12K DPS. Obviously thats mobs and not a boss fight, I normally pull 5K in Heroics, 4/8K on raid bosses (depending on the fight of course, Saurfang is more like 8K and Marrowgar is more like 4K). Unbuffed according to RAWR I pull 4.1K but I stopped using that now cos its feeding my some strange data.

2010 Jul 08 (Thu) 1:02 pm
Officer (Retired)

Yeah, for reference we'd be most interested in the kind of DPS you do on 10-man bossfights, as that's mostly what our raids consist of at the moment.

2010 Jul 08 (Thu) 1:05 pm
Former Member

Class: Druid
Do you lurk on all threads?
Being active on this forum is enjoyable, informative and encouraged.

Also, how are you ingame?

Do you find yourself being a chatter box, or just lurking?

Teehee

PURPLE NUKED AGAIN. THE EYE OF THE DRAGON HEAD SEES ALL

2010 Jul 08 (Thu) 1:11 pm

Okay, I'll take a picture of my recount (all I have for damage recording) next time I run ICC10. I should be PUGing it this week anyway so I'll post a few screenshots.

Do you lurk on all threads?

I lurk on the Warcraft forums since it's full of elitist twats and kids arguing. I'll only post something if it's going to contribute to the thread or if I feel a question has been answered wrong and so on.

Also, how are you ingame? Do you find yourself being a chatter box, or just lurking?

I'm not going to be sitting there the whole time I'm on, jabbering away but on the other hand I'm not going to log in and not say a word the whole time. I'm a friendly kind of person and enjoy chatting about in-game and out-game things. I'm not a chatterbox though, so to speak.

2010 Jul 08 (Thu) 1:26 pm
Officer (Retired)

Today, sitting here at work (yes, Germany, your tax dollars pay for me to read WoW forums), I have finally had a chance to look at your gear, and my reaction is... mixed.

I don't play warrior and never have, and my career as melee DPS was fleeting, because I don't find it interesting. I'm glad you do, though. So when I ask these questions, some of them are loaded (I think I know the answer already) and some of them are genuine questions. With respect to each of them, I'd love to be proven wrong, and if you can do so, it will reflect very well on you. Here we go:

1. Why on God's green Draenor is half your gear unenchanted? And, if you don't mind my being a bit confrontational, should we even bother any further with this application if you're not gonna enchant your gear?

2. What's with the AGI ring and neck? Orcs are tough, but beating up rogues and hunters and taking their loot isn't nice.

3. Are there really no better trinkets on this long list of ones that you can purchase from emblems? Why are you rocking a PvP trinket and an i200 loliday boss drop?

4. You seem to be gemming for socket bonuses on some pieces. Have you simmed this? Is it a DPS increase? If so, could you just show me what the relative increase is over pure STR gemming?

Not trying to be harsh, just trying to get to the heart of the matter. I really am nice. (Right guys?)

2010 Jul 08 (Thu) 2:50 pm

1. Why on God's green Draenor is half your gear unenchanted? And, if you don't mind my being a bit confrontational, should we even bother any further with this application if you're not gonna enchant your gear?

If you look the gear that isn't enchanted is gear that I could quite easily replace in an ICC PUG, I'm still gearing this character.

2. What's with the AGI ring and neck? Orcs are tough, but beating up rogues and hunters and taking their loot isn't nice.

The stats on the Ashen ring are more useful then the one on the strength ring. Plus, agility isn't completely at waste on a Fury Warrior. It adds Crit and Fury DPS does require a lot of crits to build DPS. If I aint critting then I aint pulling the same numbers.

3. Are there really no better trinkets on this long list of ones that you can purchase from emblems? Why are you rocking a PvP trinket and an i200 loliday boss drop?

I'm using Mark Of Supremacy and must have not traded out my Battlemaster trinket after doing some PVP. I have the 'loliday' trinket since I havent won Needle Encrusted Scorpion yet since it rarely drops. I am aware of this trinket issue but what can I do? If it dont drop it dont drop. Same with my neck, still waiting for a better drop, I mean, haste is waste.

4. You seem to be gemming for socket bonuses on some pieces. Have you simmed this? Is it a DPS increase? If so, could you just show me what the relative increase is over pure STR gemming?

Rofl, pure strength gemming? If you looked you will see that some of my gear hasn't got ArP on it. Until I hit my 50% soft cap for that from gear then I will socket for Strength, even then ArP is probably more useful then Str.

2010 Jul 08 (Thu) 3:06 pm
Former Member

Class: Rogue
He's not nice, there's a dungeon for some of us. We're meant to enjoy it but the welts hurt for weeks.

2010 Jul 08 (Thu) 3:08 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next