NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 29 (Mon) 9:08 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next
Accepted: Fury Warrior application. 
Former Member

Class: Warrior
Post Accepted: Fury Warrior application.
Name: Rántus
Race, Class, and Main Spec: Cow Warrior, Fury specc is main.
Armory Link: Armory Link:http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Defias+Brotherhood&cn=R%C3%A1ntus
As you might notice, I have a Fishing Pole and Fishin Hat equipped -.-' However, I have T9 Hat, and ICC25 Marro Axe, and ICC10 Marro Sword, both with Berserking and epic gems.

What's your name and where are you from? Real name is Henrik, and I'm a Viking from Denmark! Yahh!

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation:
Erhh... What the hell is Polish Notation? :P Let's see.. I'm 22, but I could adjust it to be 2+2=4, or backwards, 22? O_o

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding? Been playing since Vanilla, got it a few months after it was released, and been stuck ever since ;) During Vanilla I have full raid experience, in TBC I never got a chnace in The Sunwell :( WoTLK - I have done everything but Blood Princes and Blood Queen, and Lich King in ICC, the rest I'm familiar with, either on this toon or another^^
Only tried the first few bosses in ToC, always wanted to go there.. And Ulduar is the same =/

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts. Yes, this is my Main Char, I have an Alt, Mage whom I play if I'm bored or simply to farm emblems for the bloody Primodial crap for the quest on my Warrior. Else I have a lvl 70 Priest I play :)
I play the Warrior basically everyday, got dailys to do, and fishing, and hopefully some old content or PuGs :)

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild? This Warrior have been in one Called The Brotherhood, which in on another realm, was a top guild on their server. Else on Defias, I have been in Benevolent, however I wanted to get this toon into some more serious raiding, so my Mage is still in Benevolent. Atm I'm in a Danish guild with my Warrior, I was told they were serious about raiding, however, barely any people online ever, and no raids, and no organization of what I noticed :(
I have been in several guild on my Warrior testing out how they are, and what kind of guild the run... However never quite found place I felt good.
Been raiding with a few from LP now, and they are awesome People (Will note later down) And from what I can see on the forum, that backs it up :)

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also. Well, as I stated earlier I am in Benevolent, and therefor I know Savien, who is a cool guy, and Zhak whom I raided with aswell on my Mage (Elathán) I speak with most of Benevolent, but I have been away for a month or so, so might lack a bit of connection :)
Else I have my best friend Kelicia (male, but in a Female body inside WoW, /sigh)
If you are to refer to Benevolent, you might want to mention Elathán, since he is the one in Benevolent :)

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not? Well as Fury I'd go for the role of.. Hmm.. DPSing :P
Well, with Recount open it clearly tells me if I'm doing an awfull job, or doing great. That said, I don't try and get top and neglect other things such a deaths, lava on floor or D&D, leave people spiked on Marrow, that is always first Prior, and if that means I get low on Dmg, well then that's it :) Rather have a bit longer fight with everyone alive, than a wipe because people are Looking on DMG meter only!

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did. Through entire Vanilla this toon was Tank, switched in TBC were I went Fury (Dual 1 hander ftw) and I was loving it, so kept on with it, and same in WoTLK. My Talent build is purely raiding, and with a slight twist since it often happens I only have 1 paladin in raids, so I have 1 point in Booming Voice. I have been experimenting with the Fury build several times to find out how things would work best for me :)

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game? Damn.. Can't remember the sites.. I often look on MMO-Champion, World of Raids, but that isn't really for class tips and stuff... Maxdps.com is a great site! I never really notice the sites name, however search for them on varies other places ;)

Please provide the following (you may link them or attach them directly to your post). For both, you may capture either a 10- or 25-player raid, and VoA is perfectly acceptable.
[list]• a screenshot of your UI during raid boss combat; and
• a log parse from a 10- or 25-player raid boss encounter using worldoflogs.com or similar.[/list
If this is really needed, I have a lot of work to do since I have no Screenshot.. And never done anything like this :O But what I can do is inform you as Fury I barely have any Raid Addons... DBM ofc, and one which tells me when Slam is procced. Else I use Keybindings. I have tried a various of Raid Addons, but none which I found very usefull...
I hope you won't decline my Application due to this..

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it. On my Tauren I neglected the History a bit I'm afraid. However, I am using an RP Addon, and, and wrote an Appearance note on it for others to read aswell :)
"As any other Tauren, the Horns tell of a great story...
These look heavily damaged, however they still seem pointy and strong.
The face of the Tauren is maskulin and firm, and as you glance upon him you notice he seems very well considered, and have thought things over before executing them.
He is not the one to be judge or jury, however his principels are put in place, and are not to be ordered around!"
To be honost.. This toon is the one with the least RP story.. My Mage, and my 2 alts, (Priest and Hunter) Both have awesome Rp Backgrounds imo.. If needed I'd gladly post them instead.

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application. Well.. If you must know my GearScore - I have to go look it up, never bothered about GS >.<
I'll put in a bit about myself regarding the game, and mostly raiding :)
Once I raid, that is where my focus lies, I bring Flasks and whatever else is needed, I always pay attention and listen to the leader/officers. I don't mind wiping at all... You make mistakes as everyone else does, however, as a raiding dedicated guild you learn from the mistakes and barely make them twice, but if it happens, then just point it out, and if they are aware of it, no harm done at all, we are all humans, and we work as a team, and help eachother :)
I always welcome ideas, or suggestions to my play style.
I'm a Chatty fellow, love guild chat, and respect others, as long as they respect me ;)

Now, if you have any questions, or comment I'm looking forward to replying to them, so for now I'd like to thank you for reading :)
Looking forward to your replies :)
Rántus Out!

"Side Note" - OMG!!! - Your message contains too many smileys, maximum smileys allowed is 5...
But but but.. I love smileys :((
I'll just disable them instead, cba to remove them all, haha ;)

2010 Aug 14 (Sat) 4:20 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Post Re: Fury Warrior application.
Throw us a bit of a bone on the RP section, please... just take a bit of time and create something that gives Rántus a personality or personal dimension.

We really need to see some evidence of your DPS and UI. For the UI, you can take a screenshot during a daily heroic or something—we just want to see it in combat. As for the DPS, do you not pug raids? Not even VoA? One thing we might settle for, though it's really less helpful, is a Recount screenshot after you've been banging on the Level ?? target dummy for 5 minutes (self-buffs only). Give us what you can, please.

2010 Aug 14 (Sat) 4:32 pm
Former Member

Okay, I've take notice to what you said. First of I logged into WoW and started creating a RP story, however proved to take longer than I expected, it might be just a tad too long as well =/

"Growing up in the areas around Thunder Bluff kept this Tauren limited as a youngster.
During his first years, this Tauren showed outstanding prove of a true Warrior. His combat skills and abilities were quickly developed. As a Warrior, the areas around Thunder Bluf did not give him any challenge, there for he started exploring the outer areas of Mulgore, and quickly came across the great Orc city, Orgrimmar.

At first glance he was intimidated by the mighty gates and barriers surrounding the city but as he approached he noticed several people dueling amongst eachother outside the walls, and discussing things about the fight.
Without hesitation he found a suiting oponent and totally smashed him out, which was noticed by several of the guards.
Within a few days he was recruited to the training of the Champions of the Horde!

Today that Tauren now holds the title "Champion of the Horde" - He has experienced fierce battles and never surrendered nor retreated in battle.
To prove to the Horde that he really is a Champion, he must challenge every new encounter which threatens this civilization, and now the time has come to challenge the Lich King!

In coorporation with several other brave souls, Rántus is gathering only the strongest of the Horde to join him in the fight against the Lich King!

As for the Screen Shots... - For now I have one from a Random Daily Dungeon to show off the UI.
However.. These days as a Fury warrior you end up as a Tank half the time, so I suffered a few deaths cause our Tank was a bit low on Gear, but we managed :)

As for the DPS shot, I will be posting one, once I get a PuG up and running, not saved to 25 nor 10man ICC, so should be fairly easy^^

You will hear from me once I get that :)
Btwm if you require me to get some certain addons for raiding let me know, I'll check them out :)

Attachments:
Daily Dungeon - UI capture.jpg
Daily Dungeon - UI capture.jpg [ 169.61 KiB | Viewed 454 times ]
2010 Aug 14 (Sat) 6:27 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Quote:
Well.. If you must know my GearScore - I have to go look it up, never bothered about GS >.<

I like this guy :D

Good luck with your application

2010 Aug 14 (Sat) 6:36 pm
Former Member

Hmm.. Can't edit my post it seems =/

Just a short clearification regarding the Champion of the Horde.
This toon was PvPing a lot back in Vanilla, and when we had titles and ranks, I got to the Rank Champion before they decided to stop it :(
So have the title Champion, and that is also my ground for the entire RP build I have for this toon :)

2010 Aug 14 (Sat) 6:38 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
First of all: hey man! Good to see you've found your way here :D

Now on to the questions, though I have to say I'm more experienced in the field of Arms rather than Fury so I looked up some basics first ;)

2 general remarks/questions I got for ya: 1) Iron Will vs. Imp. Charge, your opinion on it. 2) What are your feelings towards your current hitrating?

Regards and good luck!

Sav. 8-)

2010 Aug 15 (Sun) 12:04 am
Former Member

Ello Sav, nice to see you =)

And now to clear things up for you about Fury :P

1) - Iron Will, reduces the time I am charmed/stunned, which is a good thing! The sooner stun ends, the sooner I can get back to dpsing, or assisting others with issues.
Imp Charge is rather useless for a Fury Warrior, you are in Berserker like, all the time, so never get to use charge, so rather ensure I don't get stunned or charmed for too long :)

2) My feeling regarding my hit... I have a bad feeling :?
What I mean is that my hit rating is way above yellow caps, I'm aware of that =/ However as soon as I get enough frost emblems I can change my helm for tier10 and by that get rid of some hit rating, and get ArP instead! "Yaay" <3
I have nothing else to do with the hit rating as it is right now... Need new gear, with less hit rating, and more focused on ArP til I get that capped.

That should cover your questions/remarks for now^^

Rántus <3

2010 Aug 15 (Sun) 12:29 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
1) As a DPS warrior, what do you bring to the raid besides just DPS numbers? Think game mechanics.

2) What are your plans for the next few months? Do you want to raid regularly? Is anything -- uni, job, whatever -- on the horizon that's going to cause you to go AFK for a bit? What about Cataclysm? What are your plans?

2010 Aug 15 (Sun) 4:02 am
Former Member

Well, in 10man raids I bring Battle Shout in case we lack Paladins, or Comanding Shout if that is prefered. As Fury I grant Melee and Ranged a bonus of 5% crit.
On some bosses you can interrupt them, which I can help with using Pummel.
If we don't have a Warrior tank, I can smack som Sunders on them, or Demo shout to lower their damage. Ofc, if we have a Rogue who could use their Armor reducing ability that is better since it lowers it more than I can.

Not sure if you'd consider this but, if there are adds in the back which need to be dealt with, I can get there faster due to Intercept, just a small side note, hehe^^

My only plans for the future as it is now, is continuing work where I am now.
Usally I had a very challenging work sheet which meant I often were off late... That has changed for me, because I have been chosen to be in another department. So now I know when I'm off everyday, and I'm able to raid every day as well.
So you can expect a high attendancy for raids from me.

I can't wait for Cataclysm! Really looking forward to it! But I must confess I'm not sure of my plans regarding WoW2... I really enjoy the Warrior class, so therefor I expect I'll continue with this as my main, however, experimenting with a few others as well :) Thought about change my Cow Warrior into a Bloodelf Warrior :O

2010 Aug 15 (Sun) 9:27 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Thanksies for the answers to my questions. I guess you can tell I'm used to charging in combat with my Arms warrior xD /satisfied

2010 Aug 15 (Sun) 3:26 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next