NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 28 (Sun) 10:52 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to pagePrevious  1, 2
Accepted: Fury Warrior application. 
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Post Re: Fury Warrior application.
Poke me for an in-game chat tonight or tomorrow (mainly down to when I make it online).

2010 Aug 15 (Sun) 3:56 pm
Former Member

Class: Druid
Hello!

Can you tell me a little bit about your rotation, and how it varies from a boss like Saurfang, to a boss like Putricide.

2010 Aug 16 (Mon) 11:24 am
Former Member

Class: Rogue
Just a little vouch for a great player! If he knows his onions then I'm sure he'd be great to have along.

I have no questions about warriors, sadly, as I'm pretty useless with them. I'll ask you this however:

Do you RP much? Do you go out of your way in game to act as your character would?

2010 Aug 16 (Mon) 11:39 am
Former Member

Rántus wrote:
Well, in 10man raids I bring Battle Shout in case we lack Paladins, or Comanding Shout if that is prefered.

Yes, Comanding shout IS prefered. Screw Battleshout, dps can go cry in a corner!

!!

2010 Aug 16 (Mon) 11:47 am
Former Member

Class: Warrior
Gorganoth wrote:
Can you tell me a little bit about your rotation, and how it varies from a boss like Saurfang, to a boss like Putricide.

Rotation - Let's get a start with Sauerfang. On him you need to max your dps and focus on your rotation with perhaps a slight change in stance (Will get back to this)
You never move on him, so therefor you can focus totally on your cooldowns. Whirlwind > Bloodthirst > Slam (If ready and not interfering with either BT or WWs' cooldown) and last Heroic Strike. However, the use of Heroic strike can vary a lot since it depends on your rage.. You only use HS if your rage is high enough and won't make you leave out for a few secs to get rage for a more important ability.
And ofc you have your instant throw weapon, you just throw that off whenever it's ready and the other abilities are on cooldown.

Now, you can also choose to change to Battle Stance if you have cooldowns on both BT and WW to slap Rend on him, however this is only if you are geared enough to get rage quickly enough when you change back. You don't want to stand for a few secs to build up rage again and by that miss out perhaps on a WW.

How the rotation varies from SF to Putri - Hmm, must say I don't think it varies that much... Or else I'm just not aware of it.
For a change you never stand still, you are dependent on Intercept so you faster can get to the slimes, and Putri.
Also, you take Cleave into consideration - It happens the slimes and putri are close, so why not make sure you hit both, instead of just 1 of them? But keep in mind the slimes are to be downed fast so they don't 1 shot people after a few explosions.
On Putri, you also have a lot of things to look out for so you don't take damage or die because you focus too much on your dps.

If there are things I'm not aware of please enlighten me. Done Putri as Ranged, so never had the chance as melee, so might learn a few things^^
This of course doesn't mean I don't know the fight as melee :b

Zhak wrote:
Do you RP much? Do you go out of your way in game to act as your character would?

I joined a RP server due to RP. So yes, RP means a lot to me, and I enjoy RPing :)
My Warrior though is less as serious regarding RP than my Hunter and Priest. I'm soo proud of my Hunter alt (Low lvl at the moment) I've spend loads of time building up his Apperance and History, and even took my time to read up on the different races and history, in particular Bloodelves since that is my all time favorite class :P
If I run into others RPing I automatically switch from myself, to the in-game character^^

Things have been dying lately when it comes to RP in public areas... Usually I ran into loads of RPers in the major cities, and I think that is bloody awesome! I'm very jalous on the people who are so good at it. Eventhough I've been playing on the RP server for quite some time now, I still feel like a rookie, but I do my best :)
I also deeply want to join a very serious RP guild with my alts, but afraid they only take the more hardcore, so have a bit of practise to do^^

Phew!!! That was a bloody long reply... Off work, and back to the computer to type in loads more, now excuse me, I need to play WoW! Heheh :P

Gorganoth - Please whisper me or post me any comment regarding your question, I'm very interested in what your version is, and how it varies from my view! :)
(Left out Death Wish and Recklessness, if you want me to comment on those, let me know)

2010 Aug 16 (Mon) 6:42 pm
Former Member

Rántus wrote:
And ofc you have your instant throw weapon, you just throw that off whenever it's ready and the other abilities are on cooldown.

This is actually a dps loss, and it resets your swing timer.

Shattering throw, is it worthwhile using, and if so. When would you use it?

2010 Aug 16 (Mon) 7:02 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Rántus wrote:
You never move on him, so therefor you can focus totally on your cooldowns. Whirlwind > Bloodthirst > Slam

I do hope you don't follow this to the letter (Bloodbeasts anyone), just a quick dash in from me 8-)

Other than that, poke Mr. Thórva ingame! *sneaks off again*

2010 Aug 16 (Mon) 7:07 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin

2010 Aug 16 (Mon) 7:53 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to pagePrevious  1, 2