NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 29 (Mon) 12:19 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next
Accepted: Arenthea- Blood Elf Marksmanship Hunter 
Former Member

Class: Hunter
Post Accepted: Arenthea- Blood Elf Marksmanship Hunter
Name: Arenthea Farstrider.
Race, Class, and Main Spec: Blood Elf Hunter, Marksmanship.
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... n=Arenthea
What's your name and where are you from? My name is Sarah-Jane Lunn I am from a small town called Droitwich spa near Worcester in England.
How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation. 5 12+
How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding? All in all I have had this account for almost a year, but I have been playing seriously since end of 2009 start of 2010. Since then I have mainly had experience in Icecrown 10 which I have cleard up to and almost killed the Lich King himself, as of recently I went to a guild run of Icecrown 10 HC who were in need of a hunter to help them progress so I have experience the first wing of Icecrown in HC mode aswell as Rotface and Festergut and also Blood queen. In Icecrown 25 I have only cleared up to Rotface and Festergut (Many PuGs are doomed after that). Like the vast majority of WoW players I have fulled cleared ToC in 10 and 25man.
Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts. This is my main character and she has been since I created her. The only other character I have is my level 51 preist specd holy, I do hope to faction change her to a female troll in the near future and I do hope for her to be a serious Alt for me.
What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild? The first guild I joined was Conquest and I have fond memories of my time in the guild but I was unfortunately having alot of issues with college (which is thankfully all sorted out now and in the past) and decided to take a break from playing WoW seriously. Faith plus one: Shortly after joining this guild they dispanded due to having problems with getting raids together properly.
Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also. Trojara- An old friend from Conquest. Savian. Aleyá. Both who are from your lovely guild.
What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not? My job in a raid is that of a ranged DPS. I know if i am doing a good job in the raid is if my DPS is good and if I am keeping myself and fellow raid members in high spirts and not giving up.
Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did. My choice of spec is Marksmanship, I came to this spec becuase I really liked the rotation of skills and even though a Marksmanship hunter is described as a one trick pony with not being able to move as much as a survival hunter but I do believe that in the short few moments where we are standing still I can get out enough DPS to match or beat another Hunter specced in Survival.
Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
I read about my spec rotation and any other infomation that I may need to know on the Ensidia website which has served me well.
Please provide the following (you may link them or attach them directly to your post). For both, you may capture either a 10- or 25-player raid, and VoA is perfectly acceptable.
    • a screenshot of your UI during raid boss combat; and
    • a log parse from a 10- or 25-player raid boss encounter using worldoflogs.com or similar.
http://yfrog.com/mwwowscrnshot080910153814j
Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it. Arenthea Farstrider, even when young had a natural affinity to animals and nature. She loved being outside and loved being around animals. One day while in Eversong Woods she got lost, after several days of being lost and feeding off scraps the young Blood Elf did what most 7 year olds would do and cried, loudly at that, luckily she was found quickly by the Silvermoon Rangers sent for her by her parents.The Rangers were impressed with her will to survive and the fact that she did at such a young age, gave her honourary membership until she was old enough to join them.

Arenthea wakes up, confused and feeling slightly exposed, it appears that she's not wearing much, she also questions as to why she's in a wooded area as she turns around she sees what she believes is a green dragon flying off into the distance. What's particular about the situation is that Arenthea can't remember anything but her own name and how to use the bow now tightly gripped in her hand, she notices that her armour is neatly folded up nearby and sees what is the remains of a campfire and heads East.
Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.
Thanks for your time!

2010 Aug 24 (Tue) 8:47 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Post Re: Arenthea- Blood Elf Marksmanship Hunter- Application.
I only took a quick peek but from what I know about MM hunters I'd dare say you got ridiculously good gear or well...on par with what we're looking for.

As for anything else...social thumbs up from me :D

Sav.

2010 Aug 24 (Tue) 10:35 pm
Former Member

Class: Druid
Well. I can't see my name... :evil:

Which is your favourite boss in Icecrown and why?

2010 Aug 25 (Wed) 12:42 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
1) Damn, that's some sexy RPN.

2) It happens frequently in the Luminous Path that we have more signups than we do actual raid spots. You'd be competing with other burst ranged DPS for a spot -- mainly against mages and elemental shapeople. Talk to me a little bit about how you react to being benched.

2010 Aug 25 (Wed) 12:59 am
Former Member

Hey!

Well this is odd.

1) What is your rotation and why is it that way?

2) For you to achieve your best DPS, what criteria must be met? eg. Standing still with "Insert buffs or procs here" and how do these procs/buffs help you?

On the topic of her ability, i've seen it first hand.

She's very competent and can react quickly and is very decisive.Her gear is good and she's got a great personality.

<333333

2010 Aug 25 (Wed) 2:04 am
Former Member

@ Gorgonoth: Well firstly I have to say my favourit boss in ICC must be Blood princes mainly because the first time I killed them I just though "Wow, that was easy" and it was a nice feeling realising it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be.

@ Thórva: As far as being benched I don't mind and I understand that everyone has to get their turn in the raids for that week, I can see how difficult it must be as a raid leader to decide which people are best to take and then explaining to the others they have been benched must be hard also, I have applied also to this guild for the social asspect knowing that there are many lovely people in this guild.

@ Aleyá: My rotation is faily easy: Serpent sting > Chimera shot > Aimed shot > Scilencing shot > Steady shot (about 3-4 times) then I skip the serpent sting because Chimera shot refreshes it for me and rinse and repeat. I use this rotation becuase it is always best to have the DoTs up straight away and also because Chimera shot deals 125% weapon damage plus 40% bonus damage for being shot after Serpent sting. Aimed shot is next becuase of it being an instant shot, and ofcourse Steady shot is a staple damage dealer I use Silencing shot as soon as it is of cool down and when the boss/add reaches 20% and below that is when I mash in Kill shot as many times as I can.

The criterier that must be met for me to obtain maximum DPS is firstly more of a benefit for me to be stood still (in a perfect world this would be true) however it is possible for me to stand still and move at the very last second so I get my almost perfect situation, the best procs for me to have has got to be "Needle encrusted scorpian" the Arp proc is very very nice and takes me over the soft cap, a nice bonus has to be when I gain "Rapid killing" from "Rapid fire" that goes perfectly when I have the few moments to stand still and burst out as much dps as possible. Kill command is always a first when I push my cool downs and then Rapid fire as this one lasts much longer than Kill command. The attack power bonus from my wolf (Sheldon) is always nice to have and is more DPS for me to push out. One of the things I get is a 400 agility proc from my enchant on my cape wich is a nice bit of extra crit and attack power for a few moments also.

2010 Aug 25 (Wed) 2:56 am
Former Member

Class: Paladin
Hey there Arenthea,

Well most people have already asked the important questions. =)
But I have one for you. You are way over hitcap and and specced 3 point into focused aim. Are you planning on replacing some gear to lover your hit and gain some other stats or maybe respec?

And are you planning to lvl up your enchanting to max lvl for the ring enchants?

Anyway, nice to see you want to join the path =)

Ním, former huntress

2010 Aug 25 (Wed) 10:05 am
Former Member

I know that I am way over the hit cap and I still need to replace a few bits of gear to get the stats I need, the 3 points in focused aim have been there while I was leveling and also when I just dinged and my gear wasn't very good and I really needed the hit. In all fairness I have just kept the points there for when/if I get the items I need that I can then tailor it to suit the gear as well as the spec so I get the right talents.

As for my professions I am going to start getting enchanting up higher and I wish I got it while I was leveling becuase it wouldn't be as hard to level it right now, but my gear and getting the right gems/enchants etc. has always been top priority. If there is a problem with the professions I have chosen then I am more than happy to level up two new ones as I understand Enchanting and Tailoring are not the best ones for a Hunter.

2010 Aug 25 (Wed) 11:12 am
Former Member

Class: Druid
What can you bring to a raid besides dps?

2010 Aug 25 (Wed) 3:37 pm
Former Member

Well besides the DPS I bring I also bring high spirits with me as wiping is all part of the game, if you get disheartned by wipes then you won't make any decent progress.
Along with the high spirits I would also bring a new ideas as how to defeat the raid bosses and contribute in discussions of what went wrong and how to improve what had just happened.
I would also bring spare flasks, potions and extra buff food for fellow raid members, free of charge of course.

2010 Aug 25 (Wed) 7:22 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next