NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 28 (Sun) 11:21 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next
Declined: Zeruga - Destruction Warlock 

Class: Warlock
Post Declined: Zeruga - Destruction Warlock
Name: Zeruga The Mad Chemist
Race, Class, and Main Spec: Undead, Warlock Destruction
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &cn=Zeruga

What's your name and where are you from? My name is Abdullah Al-Blaushi, from the middle east a country called "Oman".

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation. 6 12+

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding? Been playing WoW for over 5 years now, and I have done endgame raiding every chance I could so my experience of it is pretty good. I have reached to LK in ICC-10 but not into 25 as I never joined a large raiding guild.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts. This is an alt of mine, my main is a shadow priest and I have another alt Rogue too. Aslya on Ravenholdt and Leyor on Moonglade respectively.

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild? I never joined any guild on this server as of yet, I was taking my time to find one as you need to find a suitable one for yourself.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also. Nosta from the Burning Dawn is my brother IRL. Other than that I don't know that many people here.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not? Trying to get the job done correctly would be my role in a raid and if am not sure I have done something good I tend to ask others if I missed out something, maybe they can point out my flaws if any.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did. I have been looking at many specs I have come up with a spec of my own that isn't listed in my current talents, this was done after a few testing of different setups in my talent build. My current spec however was given to me by a friend of mine who plays a warlock.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game? Depends for PvP I go to arena junkies and for PvE I have a friend in a good raiding guild to help me out or checking some sites about warlocks.

Please provide the following (you may link them or attach them directly to your post). For both, you may capture either a 10- or 25-player raid, and VoA is perfectly acceptable.
    • a screenshot of your UI during raid boss combat; and
    • a log parse from a 10- or 25-player raid boss encounter using worldoflogs.com or similar.
http://yfrog.com/7gwowscrnshot070409123607j as of now this is the only screenie I can find as saved to raid bosses this week

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it. Zeruga is a chemist a mad one at it too, he likes to create new potions and flasks that can be very deadly too. He is one to cackle at every creation he makes as it gives him a sense of feeling of what he has done. He is filled with ambition to create more and more deadly concoctions. He has also chained his face for personal reasons. Zeruga is a mature in age but not old and is "healthy" due to his experiments. He can be very unstable due the flasks he carries.

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application. Thanks for your time, as you have to read all this.

2010 Sep 03 (Fri) 4:17 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Post Re: Zeruga - Destruction Warlock
Hey, Zeruga! Thanks for the application. Can you log out in your PvE gear so we can see what it's like? Other than that, I'll leave lock/caster DPS questions to people more qualified to answer them.

2010 Sep 03 (Fri) 4:25 am

Yeh, sorry late night RP.

2010 Sep 03 (Fri) 4:30 am
Former Member

Greetings fellow warlock and thank you for your application.
Here's few questions from me.

Since this is your alt and you have two quite well geared characters in two different guilds & realms, what kind of effort you can put into Luminous Path?

Could you provide us a screenshot from recount or similiar wich could lighten us up about your dps from some raid boss or target dummy whacking?

What kind gear updates do you have in mind (ones you can reach during next few raid-lockout weeks)?

2010 Sep 03 (Fri) 9:39 am
Profile WWW

Hmm...I have started playing horde now until Cata arrives as I have enough with alliance so I will be on this char more often.

As for recount I will put that up later when I go whack the dummies :)

and for gear updates I currently have the tier 10 gloves but waiting for a second piece to update the set bonus and I am currently trying to upgrade all my gear and should be ready in two weeks hopefully.

2010 Sep 03 (Fri) 1:25 pm

as for recount here it is "http://yfrog.com/ngwowscrnshot090310160024j"
Hopefully with better gear I would be able to do more.

2010 Sep 03 (Fri) 2:09 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Hey there Zeruga,

Don't know much about warlocks, so I'll ask some more general raidquestions instead.

Could you please advise what type of raids you favour the most? 25's, 10's or progress runs?

We are currently progressing in ICC10 hc, are you in any way familiar with these bosses, also do you trust your damage to be enough for stressful enrage timers like Saurfang or Festergut heroic?

And final question :D :
With your answer to Narushka in mind, that you want to play horde for a while and will be here for most of the times. Does this mean you will be able to join for all of our 3 weekly guildraids?

Good luck with the app!
/ Vedder

2010 Sep 03 (Fri) 2:40 pm

I do favour 10 man over 25 mans, but I don't mind it just more hectic with many others around.

And if I get geared up I should be able to do enough damage for such encounters as I have prior experience on my rogue and shadow priest but for now its just a matter of gearing up and yes I would be available for the raids. Hopefully I get lucky with VoA drops :)

2010 Sep 03 (Fri) 3:37 pm
Officer (Retired)

Thanks for the app, Zeruga — I have quite a few questions:

1) You said this is an alt, and that you're planning on playing Horde 'until Cata arrives.' Does that mean you don't intent to stick around or be nearly as active once Cataclysm drops? If this is an alt, what kind of raiding commitment can we expect from you? I feel its important to point out that we have never, as of yet, accepted someone's alt alone into this guild.

2) This is a personal thing, perhaps, but with as much excellent theorycrafting as there is for all warlock specs, especially destruction, that the most you can muster is looking at 'some warlock sites' is a bit worrying. What sites specifically do you read?

3) I can't help but point out that the screenshot you've provided is for a different character. All the material we're interested in pertains only to the character you're appling with. Your shadow priests's UI doesn't tell us anything about your warlock's.

4) Your gear is behind our current progress point. Woefully so. You can't do heroic ICC 10's in t9, even if it is all four pieces. Your wrists and a ring are still PvP, your leggings are ilvl200 (heroic spam or VoA could have solved that already), you're under the hit cap even with 3/3 Supression, your offhand is blue (!), you have PvP trinkets, and your gemming is for socket bonuses, not spellpower, which at your gear level is a minor travesty.

5) I'm having a hard time telling which spec is your PvE one. Is it the one with 2/2 improved healthstone or with the insta-cast demons? Why does neither spec have a single point in Improved Shadow Bolt? You indicated your spec was one a friend gave you — do you understand the rationale behind the spec and can you explain it to me, or did you just copypasta it? I roll affliction so if there's something I've missed I'd be happy for you to tell me.

2010 Sep 03 (Fri) 3:49 pm

1) Well yes this is an alt but am planning to upgrade him and play him more frequently as I will probably start playing horde in cata, so even when Cata arrives I will most likely bring my shadow priest over and start as horde.

2) As for this I have a soul fire Build I have tested myself but I need to get better gear in order for it to work out better than it is currently now, it does do more damage the Destruction but for now am sticking with destro for the easy rotation and easy gearing up. As the Soul Fire spec is mainly a raid spec.

3) Yes I will update it when I can but the difference in UI isn't much between them as I just use the core add-ons for PvE as it makes things easier to spot out.

4) Yeh my gear isn't the best gear in-game but am working on it to upgrade it as you can't become geared within 1 week of raiding. So this will be worked on.

5) its the one the 2/2 Improved healthstone am currently only using this for my PvE gear farming, but I will definitely change it in the near future to something more appropriate, as for the shadow bolt I don't use it atm, am going with Incinerate.

2010 Sep 03 (Fri) 4:53 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next