NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 29 (Mon) 12:05 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Declined: NETTN, Resto Druid Raid application. 

Class: Druid
Post Declined: NETTN, Resto Druid Raid application.
Nickname: Nettn
Race, Class, and Main Spec: Tauren Druid Resto
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... d&cn=Nettn
(I'm usually in my PvP gear, as I just transfered here and I'm not really raiding atm. I will try and log in my PvE gear so you can have a look. You can always whisper me ingame for a quick inspect if you require this.

What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Kevin Thonet and I live in Belgium.

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.
Euh, yeah, I'm 22 years old.

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding?
I have been playing since the day WoW was available retail. Apart from a few breaks, I've been around as long as the game has.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.
This is indeed my main and apart from having a bit of fun on alts, I only focus on this character.

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?
In vanilla I was in a guild called Caelum on Thunderhorn, where I cleared everything up to and including Naxxramas. Guild disbanded after expansion. This was with my alliance druid.

Then I played a hunter in TBC, where I cleared up to and including SSC and TK. I missed my druid too much, and the guild took a summer break. This was on Kul Tiras alliance.

Then I leveled my current druid on Horde, where I have played in Calidus and progressed up untill twins in SWP in TBC. Again, summer break, and Guild Master quit.

I haven't seriously raided since, but I was in a few Horde guilds in Wotlk, I played in what was left of the once great Calidus progressing naxx and Ulduar. Then joined Origin with a friend and cleared the first icc wing on 10 and 25 followed by a few more bosses in the second wing, this all on Kul Tiras. I never took raiding serious though anymore, we only raided about 2 days a week and regardless of that got a lot of things done.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.
Well, I recently transfered to Defias Bortherhood, since I haven't played in about 5 to 6 months. Zuyala convinced me to start playing again and to apply for Luminous Path. So I actually have gotten the taste to raid again. Eventhough Cataclysm is knocking on the door. I'm pretty sure I know a few people in the guild, but I can't recall any names.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?
My role is usually raid healing, unless I get asked to focus on tanks, in which case I always bring the right glyphs with me. Well, it's hard to tell wether I am doing a good job or not, but I've been playing since vanilla and I don't use any healing addons at all, and I find that I am very capable of giving any decent geared healer a run for his/her money regardless of my own gear.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
Well this is a standard Resto druid build, which I find comfortable to raid with. I find that switching around glyphs on certain fights, gives me an extra edge.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
I don't, I tend to do a lot of testing and at times even maths, myself. If unsure, I just google and end up on sites like elitist jerks, blizzard forums, ...

Please provide the following (you may link them or attach them directly to your post). For both, you may capture either a 10- or 25-player raid, and VoA is perfectly acceptable.
    • a screenshot of your UI during raid boss combat; and
    • a log parse from a 10- or 25-player raid boss encounter using worldoflogs.com or similar.

I can't really provide any screenshots atm, since I have only recently picked up playing again and I am playing on a clean interface. My interface has always been the standard one, with some minor tweaks. I just pull out raid frames and have DBM when needed. I am not planning on getting any addons either unless called for, I'm a really capable player and I never found much use for addons unless I'm doing arenas. But I guess you will only be able to tell this when raiding with me.

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.
Well, I have written a small background for my tauren, but it got lost with a pc format, so I'll try and type a quick summary.

I am a young Tauren. The village I grew up in, on the border of the Barrens and Ashenvale, got attacked and plundered by Dwarves and Humans. Some Cenarion wardens found me right outside the village, as I was the only survivor and they took me with them, to Moonglade. This is where I grew up and learned about the ways of the druid, by a family called RIverbend. I took on the name Riverbend as I grew up and it was very obvious early on, that I had great power hiding inside me which made it possible for me to very early on master all of the aspects of druidism. Confused as to wether to use this power to help the horde and avenge my family or to just use it to do good. I head out into the world, starting in Thunder Bluff.

This is sort of where I start out, but I haven't RP'ed yet.

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.
Well, all I can say is that I am a very capable player and I always come prepared. With a lot of experience I tend to pick up fights and game mechanics very fast. Not sure what else I could add. Chuck me an invite so I can prove myself, as I see no harm in that. I've played at a pretty high raiding level over the years and I'm pretty sure I would be a good addition to the guild.

Added is a picture of a bunny, as I feel this could help out my application. It is pretty cute.

2010 Sep 08 (Wed) 5:59 pm
Former Member

Class: Paladin
Post Re: NETTN, Resto Druid Raid application.
*bounces up and down with a huge grin*
Was about damn time you made your application!!

*bounces some more*
Obviously I am tossing in a vouch here, I don't know druid class so no questions from me.
I have played with him often, granted it was mostly arena's and bg's but from that alone I can already tell he knows what the fuck he is doing and that he does know his class inside out.

The names he can't recall would be:
Gorganoth, Aleya, Leayona, Zhak as he and I have an arena team with them, so they have known him over skype and have seen him play in pvp.

(He also is available to come heal our Ulduar tonight since the signups show lack of healers so far)

2010 Sep 08 (Wed) 6:05 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
I'm going to have to leave the class questions over to Vedder, but as a healer, some of your comments raised a couple of red flags with me. We'll talk about them later.

First, let me express a general frustration that people seem to treat the screenshot and raid log question as optional, or somehow don't think we're serious. If you're wearing i264 PvE items, you have been in a raid. Take a screenshot of what your UI looks like—whatever it looks like—during a boss fight, and post a link to it here, please.

The same goes for a log. The reason we ask for it is not to look right at your DPS numbers—obviously that wouldn't make any sense here—but because I want to know, in ICC fights, what heals you cast, when you cast them, how you use your cooldowns, how much healing you do, and who you do it on.

I've also changed your username in accordance with the way we ask people to create them on these forums. I have to say, it doesn't make a good impression that you obviously didn't bother reading (or if you did, ignored) the large amount of general information we've gone to great trouble to provide on the public side of the forums.

2010 Sep 08 (Wed) 9:13 pm

I thank you for your constructive feedback.

As I have mentioned in my application, I only recently started playing again, and I had to do a reinstall, which is why I have no raid or interface screenshots for the gear I currently have, nor have I made them in the PUGs I did recently. I also mentioned that apart from DBM, I play with a standard, clean interface. Since this may be unclear, I will ad a screenshot.

Second, I have been playing druid since vanilla release and I never had an addon to record a log. But since you urge me to provide you with one, I will.

I did indeed miss the general forum rules and therefor the naming policy, as I just didn't look for them, I just filled in an application. I'm am weirdly confused about the importance of this, but then again, if you keep an eye on your raids quality as you do on these little things, I am looking forward to a trial.

As said, heres a screenshot. And I will try and provide you a log at some point, when I PUG a raid or w/e.
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/5350/wowscrnshot081710164853.jpg

At this point I have no other choice, but to brag and say, I really am a decent healer. I have always been complimented by guilds I have been in and by players. I have always been known to provide a stable raid, sometimes even regardless of worse gear. I heal fast, smart and effective. I can give you all the info you want, but proving this in a raid, is the strongest form of convincement I can achieve.

I realise my current gear is way behind on what you require, but I ask you, chuck me an invite to any raid you have, provided there is a free spot.

Hope this answers some of your questions. Feel free to ask me anything else that is bothering you. As this is the best way to get misunderstandings out of the way. Appreciate your feedback.

~ Nettn

2010 Sep 08 (Wed) 9:51 pm
Officer (Retired)

Greetings fellow Druid!

Here goes some class questions then :D :
Obviously you can play a resto druid in soooooo many ways, but what's your opinion on haste in your gear?

I started out just like you with a spec that didn't pickup all the necessary talents nor any hastegems to fulfill the 1 sec globalcooldown which I now in my own experience feel is vital for us as it's all about throwing out as many HoTs you possibly can and not meeting the haste cap holds you back for that.

Looking at your glyphs makes me curious about Rapid rejuv. You did say that you carry a bunch of others with you, is that one that's being exchanged and also which are the ones you carry with that we can't see? A thing about rapid rejuv is that it's practically worthless for raidhealing but a fine glyph for tankhealing but in my opinion I usually leave the tankhealing to holydins :lol:. If you do a lot of 10's or even only 10's Wild Growth glyph is also kinda a crappy since there aren't alot of situations where you can benefit from the extra target.

There are some enchants that in my flavour should be replaced. For raiding in ICC Tuskarr's vitality really is the best enchant on your boots, I assume the spell pen on your cloak is there for your PvP, and the chest enchant should be replaced according to me with +10stats, what do you say :P ? And also why haven't you put 2 more +39 sp gems somewhere?

And final question for now :D :
Why have you put 3 points in Naturalist instead of Subtetly? I know those 2 are just fillers but you never use healing touch as a part of you spells except combined with nature's swiftness.

2010 Sep 08 (Wed) 11:22 pm

Well, I am not at all haste capped, since I switched out 232 gear with 264 ones, since the SP spirit and intellect surpass my older gear, at which point I sort of ignored haste a bit. When more gear becomes available I do intend to get a lot more haste. I use this pve build to heal VoA, where the 2 bosses do quite some AoE damage, and rapid rejuv at these points allows to to hot everyone up before AoE damage and get a lot of healing done. I carry glyph of rejuv, Nourish, innervate with me aswell. Wild Growth is just a glyph I tend to keep often, because when doing hardmodes with 2 healers to get the most dps going, raid damage tends to stack up regardless. My enchants are far from up to par, nor are my gems. As I mainly focussed on pvp, I haven't had the chance to pop 2 more JC gems in my gear. Nor a decent one in my ashen verdict ring.

If I indeed get a chance to do some PvE, these are things that will be sorted. the pieces of pvp gear are due lack of a decent replacement aswell.

These are not at all excuses and I completely understand any frustration with these issues. When I was a serious raider I would have ignored an application like this. But there is always room for exceptional players. And I currently have not done everything in my power to prove this. But I just whooped whatever gear I had, to get a PvE set going.

2010 Sep 08 (Wed) 11:37 pm

Oh and the talents, again, I do not plan on getting aggro in VoA and weekly raids. And I use the points in Naturalist to get a fast HT going. Crit Nourish, followed by a HT. I could also get the 3% haste in the Balance tree. But I am in no need for it atm.

2010 Sep 08 (Wed) 11:41 pm
Officer (Retired)

Could you do us a favour and always log out in your PvE gear during the time of an application :P

Thank you for your comments but I now have some follow-up questions:
If you do intend to be hastecapped in the future why haven't you picked up all the necessary talents in the Balance spec yet to shrink the gap atleast.
Despite your comments about rapid rejuv. I know in my experience of using it that it only makes you overheal a lot more This might work for you now with your current level of haste but, pre-hotting everyone prior to the raid damage with rapid rejuv has to lead to a lot of unecessary overhealing.
If you are solo healing that would be another matter but there aren't any healers in this guild that would leave a player on half health and let your rapid rejuv do it's work.

Concerning Wild Growth glyph again could you give the examples when you do use it please?

About the talents as I said these 3 points are only fillers (if you could take tese 3 points and put them elsewhere you would in a heartbeat) but could you give an example of when you actually use healing touch? If you really want Healing Touch as a part of your spell setup I advise you to max it out, but I still can't see anytime where you would be needing to cast it instead of all other spells we have(except for Dreamwalker),

I can't have a second glance at your PvE gear for now due to not being in it. But I remember seeing that off-hand with hit rating. Is this one of the items a long with your PvP ones that you plan on changing asap?

2010 Sep 09 (Thu) 7:01 am

Thanks for the reply.

For the purposes I use this spec, getting 5 more points in the Balance tree doesn't work for me. I'm soft capped on haste atleast.

I have quit playing WoW before rapid rejuv was around. Yet I do find that regardless of overhealing it does a very good job. I overheal a lot... I'm not saying I waste my mana and go OOM, but I don't take any chances and I gamble on incoming damage when I see a pattern. I have considered other glyphs. But I feel lifebloom with it's bloom, tends to overheal since it's hard to time the bloom to incoming damage. Regrowth glyphs is somewhat shit, since I only so often throw one out, I would hardly put 2 on 1 target and the glyph would not add a lot of effective healing. I need another crack at the regular reluvenation glyph, but I hardly feel that is worthwhile. And at time I do have to carry heal some of the VoA pugs. I manage, and I feel very comfortable and unbothered to change things for these pugs.

Situations where I use Wild Growth are solely on fights with constant AoE damage, cause at this point I keep this up every 6sec. Deathwhisper, festergut. I even used it on Ulduar hardmodes back in the day they where actually hard. I'm not saying I would keep this glyph on fights that demand more on target healing. That would be useless.

The points in HT are purely because I didn't feel like spending them elsewhere, I had everything i wanted in the resto tree maxed, I didn't wanna give up more points to get the 3% haste nor did I feel I needed the threat reduction for the pugs I'm currently doing. Looking at it though I might have put a point in Nature's grace, and taken one out of Naturalist.

The situation I use this is, I hot the raid up, but at some point damage income can become so big, you have to start casting heals, usually Nourish does this. But since this crits so often, and the buff from critting gives u haste, I find it so easy to cast a 1.5sec cast HT on lower health targets. HT has for long not been used in my skill bars but I found this to be an excellent use for it from my experience, especially when tank healing.

Yes, the offhand was just something I picked up to match my mainhand. Beforehand I was using a 219 yoggsaron staff. The spellpower boost was too big to ignore so I had to take some hit for the time being. I can critisize my own gear immensly. But then again, I only do pugs and I'm talking about 1 pug a week or 2 weeks.

I could get better enchants, I could socket more wisely and pick up some bonusses. I could pug for some gear and make sure my stat summary is more fitting for a resto druid. I could use another 200 haste atleast. I could switch around some talent points and glyphs if I started doing ICC.

I am far from setup for raiding atm, I just put together what I had left, since all I did was pvp. But I'm a very capable player. I take suggestions. I try things out. I change where I feel change is needed. I'm far from a dumbass, eventhough my armory could clearly stamp me as one right now.

~ Nettn

2010 Sep 09 (Thu) 1:55 pm
Officer (Retired)

Thanks again for your anwers.

I am still however quite puzzled over your spell priority.
Looking at our non-periodic healingspells we have Nourish, Regrowth and HT.
I quickly come up with 5 things I would like to say about them:
a) Nourish & Regrowth are both faster than HT
b) Nourish & Regrowth costs less mana than HT
c) Due to Nature's Bounty both Regrowth and Nourish have an additional 25% to crit. (this in your case is quite important as you only have 2/3 in Nature's Grace)
d) If you cast Regrowth before a Nourish instead of Nourish ---> HT you will benefit a lot more with a crit and the extra HoT on the target aswell as a bit extra with the glyph aswell as rejuv that you should have up on the target before using Nourish.
e) You will be able to fit in 2xNourish in the time of 1xHT if you have rejuv up. These 2 heals will greatly surpass a single Healing Touch even if they don't crit which at least 1 of them should do.

Do you still feel HT is more viable than using only Regrowth and Nourish for non-periodic spells? If so please elaborate.

And further to above about the 3 points in Naturalists. I don't think you understood me about it but if you want to take more points in the Balance spec you have to take them from elsewhere, as either 3 in Naturalist or Subtetly is needed to progress for tier 4 and below.

Not gonna say much more about the Glyph part they have there advantages and disadvantages.
I personally prefer Innervate and SM at all time and switch around between Nourish and Lifebloom in 10's and go with Wild Growth in 25's. The only fight I can think of where rapid rejuv would really be awesome is Blood Queen Lanathel.

That's all for now :D
/Vedder

2010 Sep 09 (Thu) 4:19 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page1, 2, 3, 4  Next