NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 29 (Mon) 1:36 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to pagePrevious  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Declined: NETTN, Resto Druid Raid application. 

Class: Druid
Post Re: NETTN, Resto Druid Raid application.
Well, I do use regrowth and spam nourishes around for fast heals. But raid buffed, critting a Nourish, makes my HT come really close to GCD, I think with 5% haste buff etc, it becomes a very big heal for very little cast time and having it crit makes it even better.

I don't think there is a lot of difference in the double Nourish and a Nourish/HT, it comes down to preference.

Nourishes provided regrowth, rejuv or wild growth are up.

Double Nourish: Let's take roughly, 1.40seconds~ for the first one. Then buffed with haste 1sec for the second one. Provide they both crit for 10k~, that's 20k~ heals in 2.40~seconds.

Nourish / Healing Touch: 1.40seconds~ for Nourish, and 1.40seconds buffed for the healing touch. If Nourish crits for 10k~ and Healing touch doesn't, for 12k~, that's 22k~ for 2.80~seconds, but the Healing touch _can_ crit, at which point u'll have done 32k~ in 2.80~seconds.

Regrowth is somewhere in between Nourish and Healing Touch casting time-wise. Provided it has a HoT, it is again personal preference if this is worth it for you.

I'm not justifying using this constantly, but at times it's a good choice for me.

Even if I would make my spec more fitting for ICC, I would not get the 3% haste in the Balance tree, since I would have to remove 5 points out of my Resto tree and I feel this is not worth it. Fully raid buffed I get the GCD on hots. I would however max Nature's Grace. The rest would be things I would test to find out what fits better, since I haven't raided in a while.

~ Nettn

2010 Sep 09 (Thu) 4:55 pm
Officer (Retired)

Sorry for keeping you waiting....raid night :lol:

I gotta say I admire your persistent in believing in Healing Touch even though no class guide site or forum post I've found out there on the world wide web has ever suggested using HT unless combined with nature's swiftness.

And also I gotta say that the 2xNourish was a bad example as when you're haste capped, the Nourish cast will finish faster than the GCD, so in 3 sec you will get 3xNourish, but that doesn't really make your suggestion more viable as Regrowth (including the HoT) heals as much as HT, and considering the other potential "buffs" I mentioned in the previous post I also forgot to mention as a bonus that the Regrowth HoT is swiftmendable which is a heal that is quite on par with HT.

In conclusion we (me :lol: ) would really appreciate a combat log of some sort to see your most favourable spell choices.

Quote:
Fully raid buffed I get the GCD on hots

The only way to get to 1secGCD (with all availiable raid buffs) is being on a minimum of 735 haste rating with a spec that picks up CF form Balance tree, if you have more haste than that (856) however you can drop down one tier to 14/0/57. I don't really know what your haste should be as I've never seen a spec with 2/3 in Nature's Grasp.

Sorry for my harresments but I just don't understand your way of healing..... :D

2010 Sep 09 (Thu) 11:36 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Nettn,

For the following three heroic-difficulty 10-player bosses,

• Lady Deathwhisper
• Saurfang
• Festergut

I'd like you to do two things for me:

- Talk about the challenges for the healers in general; and
- Tell me which job or jobs you, as a resto druid, would be best assigned to, and explain which spells and abilities you will rely on.

2010 Sep 09 (Thu) 11:46 pm

Well, I must be mistaken about the soft and hard haste cap, regardless, I do not have the gear for this anyway. Theres enough guides to point out how much I need.

I already mentioned I would get natures grace 3/3, and if I find my healing is set back, I would also get the 3% haste in the Balance tree.

I haven't raided in a while, so I have not had the proper environment to notice these things on my own. Which is why in worst case I would either take advice from guides or druids that have experience in current content.

Anyway, as I also mentioned, I don't use healing touch often. Some fights not at all, but for the few times I use it I reckon it is worth more then the threat reduction talent.

I will try and post a log, but I hardly do raids or pug, because they annoy me.

And as far my responce goes to Thorva. Want me to guess or just look them up and copy the strats here in my own words? I have not done any heroics, nor have I seen a full run of ICC.

~ Netnn

2010 Sep 10 (Fri) 12:01 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
The questions I've asked can't be answered by copypasta—that's why I asked them. The point I am making is that lack of experience won't be an excuse if we take you on: in this guild, we raid ICC on hardmode, give minimal reminders about the problem points, and then just pull.

If you want to jump right into that, I need you to browse the tactics for those bosses, read them, understand them, and apply that knowledge to draw conclusions to the questions I've asked.

2010 Sep 10 (Fri) 12:11 am
Officer (Retired)

Hey again and thanks for your replies to my questions.

Don't want to bombard you here, so take your time, with this question if you need^^

I don't see which tier10 pieces you're going with at the moment (if you've had the time to get your hands on any yet :) )

But based on that you want the 4set bonus which pieces are the ones you should get, and which is the one to stay away from?

2010 Sep 10 (Fri) 10:52 am

I'm not sure what you mean by this question. Are you asking me what 4 pieces I would get right now? Or just in general?

Currently I would stay away from crit atm and make sure I up my haste rating. Not saying crit is useless, but it isn't something I can afford to stack at the moment. So untill I get sanctified pieces I would probably only wear 251 tier 10 gloves atm.

I have not tried the 2 and 4 set bonus so I am currently unaware what benefits they bring apart from what people say online. I would obviously get my hands on all pieces to try it out when I can. If I feel these bonusses surpass with a small downgrade statwise, I will be happy to switch them out.£

If this is not what you meant by your question, I must have gotten it wrong.

~ Nettn

2010 Sep 10 (Fri) 1:10 pm

As to answer to Thorva.

Lady Deathwhisper 10man heroic.

From what I read, the encounter does not hold too many differences. So I reckon my tasks remains somewhat the same from normal mode apart from the fact that I'm not sure, if adds keeps spawning in phase two, does she still give people the curse? Anyway, this is something I will probably find out. I have no idea how your dps is, so I might have to CC an add if possible since she has a lot more health.

I can't tell what spells I would use, it depends on how incoming damage occurs.

Saurfang 10man heroic.

Adds seem a lot more important to control better here. So I might have to throw out entangling roots when they are not near people, but if people are near they will probably get hit when I do so, so I'm not sure if that is smart. So apart from healing, focussing on a mark, and using barkskin when I get boiling blood. These is also not much difference for me as a healer.

Apart from using wild growth only on the melee group due to ranged being spread. I can't tell what other heals I would be using mainly.

Festergut 10man heroic.

Main difference would be cooping with malleable goo. Althought from reading I can understand how this works, I would have to pay extra attention to this. Making sure I don't let the tank especially die, when I dodge this and also making sure I don't miss a spore or make sure others don't when I have it on me. I reckon this is a fight I have to be in to get the hang of. I'm not sure how much malleable goo affects since a lot of my spells are instant cast. So not sure if I at times can afford to ignore it. Again, I will probably ask a fellow druid or just find out during a fight.

Again, apart from Wild Growth on the people at the boss, I am not sure what healing spells I would use here, but I would probably overheal a lot more here since if I recall correct sometimes damage can come in really fast and unpredictable with Vile Gas.

~ Nettn

2010 Sep 10 (Fri) 1:36 pm
Officer (Retired)

Hey again :)

What I meant was, that each class/spec tier has there unique 2set and 4 set bonus.
And my question was that if we say that you want to get them both. What is the order
(rank please 1-5, 5 being the least favourable one) for the chest, head, legs, hands and shoulders?

Obviously if you get lucky with some loot it's going to change your priority, but let's say for now that no other loot is availiable than ofcoure the most valuable piece that shouldn't be the Tier one :lol:

2010 Sep 10 (Fri) 1:50 pm

Well, I would upgrade my head piece and gloves first, then my chest, and then later my legs and shoulders. At this point when I have 4 piece bonus, I will probably check if the bonus exceeds the 264 legs or shoulder stats. Probably will, but I'll have to test, or take a gamble with someone elses experience on the matter.

This could change if I somehow get more haste from other items or get tokens for sanctified, but as it is now, I want to get rid of crit, or atleast not sacrifice any haste.

~ Nettn

2010 Sep 10 (Fri) 5:52 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to pagePrevious  1, 2, 3, 4  Next