NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 28 (Sun) 10:59 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page1, 2, 3  Next
Accepted: Annayah - Retlol paladin. 

Class: Paladin
Post Accepted: Annayah - Retlol paladin.
Name: Annayah
Race, Class, and Main Spec: Blood Elf, Paladin, Retribution
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Defias+Brotherhood&cn=Annayah

What's your name and where are you from? My name is Tiia Sofia and I live in Finland

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation. 10,25 2 *

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding? I've played WoW on-off since the EU Beta. I was the most active throughout The Burning Crusade expansion. I've cleared most of the PvE content WoW has to offer. Vanilla, not so much, highest I've been to was Twins in AQ40.

TBC: All the content cleared with Draama.

Wotlk: With Draama and later Ginnunga all the way through till TOGC25 including hardmodes before I retired this character. ICC experience is limited, even though I've studied pretty much all the fights. I've done 10/12 (10-man) on Dacai with Heritage on this server.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts. This is my main, I just recently picked it up again after playing my warrior Dacai for a long time. I really don't have any serious alts at the moment, but I might migrate my mage over and gear her up a bit too. Dacai the warrior is retired for now, because I got hacked so I thought I might as well start playing my paladin again.

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild? Well, my first guild was <FIN> on Chromaggus, then I migrated to Stormreaver to join <Draama> in which I was pretty much all the way through the TBC content. I continued to raid with them until 3.2.0, and that's when I wanted to give a try to an international guild, so I joined Ginnunga. Ginnunga was fun, but a bit too hardcore for the time being, so I decided to join Draama again. Draama migrated to Chromaggus at the end of january with the free migration being available and I followed them, that's when I decided to retire my paladin and focus more on Dacai.

Currently in <The Vanquishers> because I have a few friends in it.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also. Well, I only can name Savian here. The GM of Draama at the time being was Viltzi, and the new GM Lebrog doesn't know me as well as Viltzi used to, but I can assure you that Savian and I are close and he knows me better than most people do.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not? I bring the pew pew and the blessings. I am self-critical a lot, and I aim to improve not only by staring blindly at the damage done meter, but also I see into how I move in different boss encounters and how I react to stuff that gets called out (for example a change of tactic in case something goes wrong)

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did. Well, not much to say, I've got the standard retri spec, with the obvious talent choices like Swift Retribution for buffing the people who get my auras, etc.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game? Elitistjerks come first into my mind, I'm a regular lurker on their site. I also keep an eye on all the future soon-to-come patch notes and any changes to the class.

Please provide the following (you may link them or attach them directly to your post). For both, you may capture either a 10- or 25-player raid, and VoA is perfectly acceptable.
    • a screenshot of your UI during raid boss combat; and
    • a log parse from a 10- or 25-player raid boss encounter using worldoflogs.com or similar.
Is an screenshot fine? My UI hasn't really changed from that. http://i51.tinypic.com/2yzmy2x.jpg I'm sorry I cannot provide any logs or so, I really am.

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it. Annayah cares very little for talking of her past. She states the Quel’dorei are not extinct and therefore should not be discussed in past tense at all. What little details she has released however are somewhat interesting.

She existed on Kalimdor long before the Quel’dorei sailed away from it, although she was only young. She matured as her race travelled until into an adult and saw Quel’Thalas established. She states she cannot remember her family much, as they are long deceased, but that she did have two rather loving parents, and a 'troublesome witch of a little sister'. She'll also state, quite proudly, that the only criminal offence she ever commited, was hanging her sister upside down from a tree for two days. Rumour has it while she was young, Annayah was a fairly skilled painter and scribe, but her skills laxed as she matured and her 'popularity' grew. She could largely rely on others to provide her with what she needed, giving her more time to focus on her studies. She remembers her Father having some rather unscrupulous aspirations for her as an Arcane Magister, but Annayah was far too strong willed when she reached adulthood for him to control her path.

She was once an attending royal guard to Prince Kael’Thas Sunstrider, but quickly hung up her arms when he showed signs of descending into the Burning Legion and obsession with the Sunwell. She believes Magic is a privilege and those in possession of it should not flaunt it so willingly for meaningless tasks.

After leaving the service of Silvermoon, she travelled Kalimdor, making friends amongst her Night Elf cousins and the Dwarves who would tolerate her alien company. She spent much of her time doing meagre tasks, reading, camping, and travelling away from conflict whenever it arose. She observed the Light in its natural elements and grew to have a fairly good relationship with the Ancients that the Kal'dorei respect and worship, due to their intricate connections to the Earth.

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.

I'm very outgoing and social, I have a bad habit of drinking too much and I love playing the guitar.
I am fairly serious about WoW, even though I think of it as a social game to have fun with friends. I know when to just shut up and do my thing and I know when to have a laugh and joke around. I'm very good friends with Savian and he threatened me to apply.

2010 Sep 19 (Sun) 2:34 am
Profile WWW
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Post Re: Annayah - Retlol paladin.
It will be difficult for us to accurately assess your application without a raid log.

Additionally, I notice most of your gear is in the 226-245 range, and while that's not terrible, right now we're tackling ICC 10 hardmodes. Can you talk to me about your experiences in ICC 10, and which hardmode encounters you have experience with?

I'll leave the class-specific and melee DPS questions to others more versed in those departments than I am.

2010 Sep 19 (Sun) 2:41 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Can only vouch with all my soul 8-) Lovely woman, very serious about the game when she needs to be, very fun all the other times hehe. *huggles*

Sav.

2010 Sep 19 (Sun) 2:43 am

Apparently my post got lost somewhere, so I'll post again.

About the gearing, I'm willing to do as much as I can alone, that includes spending money, time and effort into getting some fresh upgrades as soon as possible.

As for the experience, I'm familiar with all the ICC encounters, I've done a lot of studying for the hardmodes and also Sindragosa and Lich king (whom I haven't killed yet) I'm lacking a lot of experience and gear and I can understand that, but I am hoping my dedication and willingness could compensate for that a bit.

I'm sorry for not being able to provide any logs, but the last time I really raided on this character was late january, so it's been a long time. I'll try to see if I can dig up any old logs even though they're probably not the very best source of information but I guess it's better than nothing.

Annayah out.

2010 Sep 19 (Sun) 2:53 am
Profile WWW
Officer (Retired)

Just log VoA 10 or something. Recent data from a 10-player raid environment is what's important.

2010 Sep 19 (Sun) 3:22 am

I'll do that next time I go into whatever raid.

2010 Sep 19 (Sun) 3:40 am
Profile WWW
Former Member

Greetings and thank you for the well written application.

Just as a side note, if you can edit the post (or maybe Thórva can) putting Draama to < > every time you mention it since sentences like "TBC: All the content cleared with Draama" might give bit wrong first impression even when it later shows up as a guild name pretty clearly :D

Talk to us about your activity in guild. How often you're able to raid? Is there upcoming IRL things, family, job or such that might drag you out of the game or put you in any other way to "unstable" situation? Is there something else you might think we need to know about you under this topic?

What else do you bring to the guild than spot-filler in raids?

Also you didn't answer why do you want to join us instad of continuing your career in The Vanquishers?

2010 Sep 19 (Sun) 10:32 am
Profile WWW
Former Member

Class: Rogue
A wave from another old Stormreaver refugee! Iseult from Anastasis!

2010 Sep 19 (Sun) 11:17 am

Narushka wrote:
Greetings and thank you for the well written application.

Just as a side note, if you can edit the post (or maybe Thórva can) putting Draama to < > every time you mention it since sentences like "TBC: All the content cleared with Draama" might give bit wrong first impression even when it later shows up as a guild name pretty clearly :D

Talk to us about your activity in guild. How often you're able to raid? Is there upcoming IRL things, family, job or such that might drag you out of the game or put you in any other way to "unstable" situation? Is there something else you might think we need to know about you under this topic?

What else do you bring to the guild than spot-filler in raids?

Also you didn't answer why do you want to join us instad of continuing your career in The Vanquishers?

Morning.

I like to think that people usually enjoy my company, I like to joke around in the guild chat and take part in conversations. I bring not only a pew pew spot filler in raids, but also a new friendly face to the guild's roster.

As for the raiding, I am pretty much always available, I am currently studying but my timetable is very flexible and allows me to stay on later if I have to. I take pride in getting along with all kinds of people and, contrary to the popular belief, I don't cause unnecessary drama.

Of course there might be the odd one or two evenings I'll be sitting out cause of something, but those times I'll be sure to give a note well beforehand.

Oh and sorry, I think I was a bit unclear about my stay in The Vanquishers. I transfered this character onto Defias 2 days ago and I talked to a very old friend of mine, namely Veylanie who said I should join her guild for the time being, just so I don't have to be alone. I made it clear that it's only temporary and she seemed to be fine with it.

2010 Sep 19 (Sun) 12:48 pm
Profile WWW
Former Member

Class: Priest
Big vouch from me to Dacky. Used to be in Heritage with her

*waves* Hai!!

2010 Sep 19 (Sun) 5:34 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page1, 2, 3  Next