NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 29 (Mon) 12:01 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next
Accepted: Arache - Moonkin 
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Post Accepted: Arache - Moonkin
Name: Arache
Race, Class, and Main Spec: Tauren druid, Balance
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &cn=Arache

What's your name and where are you from? My name is Ludvig Mattsson and im swedish.

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation. 10 11 +

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding? I'v been playing for since the eu beta. And since vanilla i have been raiding hardcore almost all the time.

Cleared all in vanilla, everything from MC to Naxx. In TBC i did manage to clear all content before the big nerfs at the end before the release of wotlk.
And now i wotlk the only things i have not killed is LK25hc, Anub25hc and Halion hc, since I took a little break at the end of ulduar to the release of icc.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts. I have been playing this druid since naxx in vanilla, started out as resto and switched to feraltank in tbc. And at the end of TBC i tested out balance and fell in love, and have been playing it since. I don't mind playing different speccs, i change my offspecc alot depending on the guilds needs so I can be as versatile as possible.

I got to alts i play with. It's a warrior and a priest. My warrior is mainly a dps machine with tanking offspecc, I have cleard icc 10 with him and around half of icc 25. With pugs of guild alt raids.

The priest is a shadowpriest which i mainly made for gathering, but i got good enough gear to dps in icc25 raids. Got a healing offspecc for heroics.

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild? In vanilla i played in Path of Wreckage on Twilights Hammer, but a lot of core people left after naxx was cleared. So just before TBC I transfered to The Maelstrom with some friends because the guild wasnt the same

In TBC i started out in a guild called Lucifera and was in that guild from karazhan to the first Illidan kill. But after Lucifera people didnt want to progress into sunwell, they didnt even want to try it out. So the guild disbanded cause the officers couldnt make up their minds so we went separate ways. And i joined a guild called Nemea on Laughing skull. And in Nemea i cleared sunwell.

We are now in wrath and Nemea didnt have any real problems in naxxramas cause most of our raiders had done naxx before. And normal sarth and malygos quickly fell aswell. Now came ulduar with the "new" hardmode system which i really like. Ulduar is one of my favorite instances in wow after vanilla naxx and ICC. At the end of ulduar i took a break from wow to focus on other things than wow. But i got back to wow a few weeks before ICC was released. So i didnt really got any time to really test TOC, but i did play it. My old guild Nemea was still going strong but on another server (Bladefist) and i could rejoin the raiders and play with them agian. We had an awesome time in ICC i will never forget our first LK 25 kill or the LK10hc kill, thoes kills will allways be with me. Nemea did disband during this summer. A few officers quit the game, and shortly after that alot of corepeople joined other top guilds, i decided to take it easy before cataclysm. So i transfered with a few friends to another friends server Defias Brotherhood, and you might know him as Zamek.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also. As i said before i know Zamek irl, we go to the same school. You can also contact Fabbz/Fabbs on frostmane he is an old friend of mine that have played alot with me.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not? My role in a raid as a moonkin is first to pump out as much dps as possible without dieing or making it harder for others to play, i can cast an heal from time to time (mainly tranquillity) if its needed. And the usuall rebirth and innervate, and also cc if the encounter has that kind of mechanics. If i'm playing as i should, raidleaders/officers should not have to tell me a what to do during a fight, for example "fire, move". But constructive criticism or constructive analysis is allways welcome.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did. I'm balance and feraltank right now. Well as of now i'm trying out new speccs since its a new patch. Right now in balance i'm moving extra int talents around to see how much i need so i dont spend talents in something i dont need. And i havent started with feral yet.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game? Mostly elitistjerks.

Please provide the following (you may link them or attach them directly to your post). For both, you may capture either a 10- or 25-player raid, and VoA is perfectly acceptable.
    • a screenshot of your UI during raid boss combat; and
    • a log parse from a 10- or 25-player raid boss encounter using worldoflogs.com or similar.
I dont have any logs cause they are to old. But i got some screens.

The last one if a pug on DB. And there you can see most of my keybinds and the ui is almost the same. I tend to move around stuff like meters and raidframes.

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it. There was a rumour going around that The Path was on the warpath and in need of reinforcements. I heard about this a day not to many days ago while I was practicing the arts of shapeshifting on the plains of Mulgore. And i wasted no time thinking, i knew this was my call. So i said my goodbyes to my dear friends in Bloodhoof village and headed east through the wideopen areas of The Barrens to Orgrimmar..

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application. I would just like to say that i wont be able to attend raids that much before cataclysm so i would like to be a social untill then if thats ok. But i can help with tactics and such if needed. And this is the first time im on an RP server and i really like it, i really like the atmosphere here. And im progressing in the ways of rping. I'v allways been interested of rp and now the time has come.

Feel free to ask anything. //Arache out.

2010 Oct 17 (Sun) 8:48 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Post Re: Arache - Moonkin
Looks good at first glance! Screenshot isn't quite working so might want to take a look at that. Will leave the class questions to our lovable Durids 8-)

Sav.

2010 Oct 17 (Sun) 8:57 pm
Officer (Retired)

Here are the links again.

http://img340.imageshack.us/f/wowscrnshot061010222134.jpg/
http://img181.imageshack.us/f/wowscrnshot091810165656.jpg/
http://img412.imageshack.us/f/wowscrnshot070810014717.jpg/

Tried all img links and they cant load the picture.

2010 Oct 17 (Sun) 9:05 pm
Former Member

The screenshots works if you click at them it seems.

And I vote for him, friendly and a good player.

2010 Oct 17 (Sun) 9:06 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Yeah, don't worry about the logs at this point: so soon after 4.0.1, no one would be quite sure what to make of them.

2010 Oct 17 (Sun) 10:16 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Query! For PvE (but not PvP), we're focusing exclusively on 10-player raids in Cataclysm. How does that sound to you? What appeals to you about 10s over 25s?

2010 Oct 17 (Sun) 10:41 pm
Officer (Retired)

I prefer 10s over 25s. I have allways thought that 10s are more fun to play, not that crowded and the individual is more important. From past experience the atmosphere is more relaxed and easier to enjoy in 10s. Since in my 25s raids its usally the raidleader and 1 or 2 people that talks, but in 10s is the opposite. 10s is still as serious as 25s but alot more fun.

2010 Oct 17 (Sun) 10:51 pm
Officer (Retired)

Greetings Arache and thanks for your application,

So I'm gonna try and start up a class discussion with 4.0.1. mechanics. Not really sure why im giving myself into this since I haven't had much practice as of yet :lol: (normally just a friendly tree).

How is your current rotation? Obviously you need to move from certain things which will make a set-in-stone rotation impossible to follow. But let's say your banging a target dummy for now...

Also noticed you haven't picked up Lunar Shower talent, why is that? Are you currently trying out other things, and would otherwise use this?

Also not sure which the best Glyphs are at the moment, but have you tried Glyph of Starsurge, combined with Glyph of Focus, this should at least in my experience increase your single target damage with a lot.

All for now :D

/ Vedder

2010 Oct 18 (Mon) 12:54 pm
Officer (Retired)

The first rota im using now is to keep both dots on the target, starsurge on cd and just push the eclipse meter either way. Thats what im using atm, but with the recent nerfs on IS i need to check the damage on it. If im going to drop it out of the rota or just use it less.

I do have the Lunar shower talent, armory havent been uppdated since the patch so thats why you cant see that. But for basic dps fights i dont find that talent any good. And i dont really see where you can get Lunar Shower up to 3x stacks in ICC. Most fight doesnt require that much movement and when they do you basicly just got time to refresh your dots. But if im fine with mana i will keep it.

The glyphs im using right now are. Wrath, Moonfire and Insect swarm. But i guess thats going to change now with the nerfs. Havent tried any other yet since IS was a bit op before the nerfs.

And yes im going to try out the "starfall build" if i may call it that. It sounds good but we shall se. I will prob be running two balance speccs for now. One "starfall" and one without the starfall glyphs.

2010 Oct 18 (Mon) 8:26 pm
Officer (Retired)

Hey again,

Thanks for your answers. Your current rotation sounds very viable and the same as the one I use.

I wouldn't question Lunar Shower talent that much though. In my view Blizzard implemented it to keep the owls away from just "slacking" in mobile situations. And there is a lot of encounters in ICChc that will require you to move (many of them are based on RNG though).
I haven't tried Moonkin after the recent nerf I heard about, but I still feel that talent is worth picking up for every encounter there is in ICChc except possibly Saurfang :D . But you might found that out with your dual Balance spec which I must say shows some good effort.

From my experience when banging on the target dummy I found that the Moonfire Glyph was the weakest of the ones you mentioned plus Starsurge, but that might have change since the nerf.

I like the sound of Starfire build :D

On a sidenote this might be armory fuckup but have you missed to do the enchant on your gloves?

2010 Oct 18 (Mon) 11:30 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next