NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 28 (Sun) 10:41 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next
Accepted: raider Elemental Shammy app. 

Class: Shaman
Post Accepted: raider Elemental Shammy app.
Name: Teokam
Race, Class, and Main Spec: Troll, Shaman, Elemental.
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &cn=Teokam

What's your name and where are you from?
Ilya, Moscow.
How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.
In Moscow Reverse Polish Notation reverses you, so it's dangerous thing to play with, I'm 22 y.o.

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding?
Been plating since patch 1.3, raided ZG, MC, Ony, AQ, Kara, SSC, TK, ZA, All woltk content till 2nd ICC wing on various characters including (shaman (not this one), hunter, tanking warrior, paladin.
Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.
Yes, after I returned to WoW (month ago) it's my main, no srs alts atm, I play often tho I'm nearly done with this char in terms of farming and stuff, so just finishing my fishing and cooking and I''ll be leveling some alt.
What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?
I have no guild history on this realm.
Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.
Eridu the guy who invited me and we leveled 3x only person I know well here so far.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?
My role is dps-support, good things are - high dps, staying alive.
Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
I choose specc on my own never read guides on this cos I prefer my own head, this build is top dps one atm from my point of view.
Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
If I need some math (I'm total nab in math) I go google and search untill I see the guy knows what he's talking and gives some needed calculations.
Please provide the following (you may link them or attach them directly to your post). For both, you may capture either a 10- or 25-player raid, and VoA is perfectly acceptable.
    • a screenshot of your UI during raid boss combat; and
    • a log parse from a 10- or 25-player raid boss encounter using worldoflogs.com or similar.

I dont have a screen right now. All I can say is that I'm using all addons needed for raiding DBM, Omen, as for my personal addons I use healbot to help with sidpelling and healing sometimes, power auras to see my procs, qurartz cast bar.
Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.
Teokam doesnt have parents or relatives, his first memory of childhood is fishing with an old shaman-voodooist in the depth of Stranglethorn jungles. During his childhood old guy taught him various arts such as surviving in the wilds, cooking, fishing, herbalism, alchemy. After learning theese basic skills it was time to have a taste of world of spirits and magic, Teokam was a talented young troll and spirits favored him as he went deeper and deeper into uknown eternity lying around. After Teokam recieved his first spirit allie, his teacher said that his training has come to it's end after that day Teokam never saw the old guy again, tho sometimes he can feel his presence in the air.
Teokam made a jorney around the Azeroth world seeing various beings fighting for stupid reasons eaten by their own stupidness. So he returned to his hut in the jungle and travelled numberless worlds learning and exploring.
Few month ago Teokam recieved a sign that he can help the spirit of Azeroth to be cleansed of dark powers torturing it, he packed few things he had and began a new jorney...

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.
Nothing really.

2010 Oct 26 (Tue) 4:06 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Post Re: raider Elemental Shammy app.
There's not really a lot we can work with here, is there? I'm particularly concerned about this:
Quote:
I choose specc on my own never read guides on this cos I prefer my own head, this build is top dps one atm from my point of view.

Unlike healing or tanking, DPS is a hard science. The whole point of sites like Elitist Jerks is that they calculate mathematically which attribute choices -- stats, talents -- produce the highest damage per second. These calculations can even take account of things like lag and server ping time, the movement required in a fight, and the composition of the raid you're in. And the best part is that we, the players, don't even have to do any math: you just plug it in to Rawr and it spits out a number. Do you do this? If your measure of your own performance is
Quote:
high dps, staying alive
then why on Earth would you not?

We are not a guild of deranged min-maxers, and people in the Path routinely make choices that result in a slight DPS loss because they're better or more fun in other ways -- I'm an engineer, for example, even though strict min-maxing would require me to be a blacksmith -- but let's not pretend that your highest potential DPS is anything other than mathematically discoverable. You can see why it worries me that you seem to have no interest in that.

2010 Oct 26 (Tue) 12:42 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Teokam wrote:

This part also concerns me a bit...Don't you want to give us some background story of yourself? Something that can show us how active you've been in your previous guilds, how many serious guilds you've been in during your WoWtime how far you've progressed (PvE wise) and so on...

2010 Oct 26 (Tue) 12:59 pm

Thórva wrote:
There's not really a lot we can work with here, is there? I'm particularly concerned about this:
Quote:

Unlike healing or tanking, DPS is a hard science. The whole point of sites like Elitist Jerks is that they calculate mathematically which attribute choices -- stats, talents -- produce the highest damage per second. These calculations can even take account of things like lag and server ping time, the movement required in a fight, and the composition of the raid you're in. And the best part is that we, the players, don't even have to do any math: you just plug it in to Rawr and it spits out a number. Do you do this? If your measure of your own performance is
Quote:
high dps, staying alive
then why on Earth would you not?

We are not a guild of deranged min-maxers, and people in the Path routinely make choices that result in a slight DPS loss because they're better or more fun in other ways -- I'm an engineer, for example, even though strict min-maxing would require me to be a blacksmith -- but let's not pretend that your highest potential DPS is anything other than mathematically discoverable. You can see why it worries me that you seem to have no interest in that.

This. I was a bit cynical when wrote that I admit. :) EJ is a good thing I read it from time to time, what I said about deciding on my own was about spec, I make it on my own and it usually the same when I look at EJ afterwards. What about Rawr yeah I'm using it. What about choises u said well I used to be a DPS jerk before BS and JC on hunter for example, but now I give place to things that intrest me more, I have alchemy and herbalism as professions atm, herbalism is nice now as it gives haste which gives me 2 haste Cd's Zerker rage and Lifeblood, what about alchemy it gives me nothing atm I have hopes for Cata tho.

2010 Oct 26 (Tue) 1:29 pm

Vedder wrote:
Teokam wrote:

This part also concerns me a bit...Don't you want to give us some background story of yourself? Something that can show us how active you've been in your previous guilds, how many serious guilds you've been in during your WoWtime how far you've progressed (PvE wise) and so on...

Why does it? :) I'm new to this realm.
Not much I can say about Vanila, good memories about raiding but I my server lacked good guilds at that time, so I had to raid MC ZG and so on, not going for content for big boys, tho nothing could be better then vanilla raiding anyway.
In TbC i was an offtank in one of the top guilds on Burning Blade (cant remember the guild's name tho, but clearly remember farming for frost resist gear for SSC xD )
Then I created my own guild gathering russian community on Burning Blade. I boosted whole guild as a MT through content helping my friends to get gear and expirience. Then I had a break or smth next memory is me playing on Silvermoon on my hunter and wiping on 1% lady Vashj in a guild named Eat Static, not the top one but very dedicated to progress, when ZA was out we were fast and furious there :)
My WolTK guild history started on Chamber of Aspects in guild named FTW, it wass one of the topish at the start of expansion, fast naxx 25 clean in first weeks, then endless tryes on 3d - we wanted to take server first badly, but ppl dancing in void zones and lava surfers didnt allow us to dat.
After a while guild fel apart. I had a break and then returned to farm some ToC 25 and then some ToC hc, had an awesome guild, but dont remeber the name, we were 2nd to make 10m ToC with 50 attemts left on the server me think. When first wing of ICC came out we cleared it in first week, then I got some things that require much attention in rl and had to have break.
So most of my guilds were dedicated progressing guilds, some were hardcore, some wasnt, but I always tryed to do my best.
Now I'm back on a Shaman.

2010 Oct 26 (Tue) 1:39 pm

Quote:
What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?
My role is dps-support, good things are - high dps, staying alive.

I answered as a part of the raid, what makes me satisfyed is seeing that raid/guild does a good job doesnt matter progressing or wipe-festing U know u can see when raid works and ppl enjoy the process of the game. Thats why I like 10m raids much, feeling of the team is stronger and every member is important and doing the best I can to make things work- well thats what I like.

2010 Oct 26 (Tue) 1:55 pm

About me IRL, not much to say rly :))))))))))
I love travelling in random directions, living in the wilds, playing music, I personally play flutes such as bansuri and shakuhachi, also I play jew's harp. I love all kinds of art, intrested in traditional cultures such as Latin American's and Siberian. I work at home as a designer.

2010 Oct 26 (Tue) 2:23 pm
Former Member

Class: Rogue
Teokam wrote:
I love travelling in random directions, living in the wilds, playing music, I personally play flutes such as bansuri and shakuhachi,

Awesome! Teach me how to play those!

Teokam wrote:
also I play jew's harp..

wut.

2010 Oct 26 (Tue) 2:53 pm

Zhak wrote:
Teokam wrote:
I love travelling in random directions, living in the wilds, playing music, I personally play flutes such as bansuri and shakuhachi,

Awesome! Teach me how to play those!

Teokam wrote:
also I play jew's harp..

wut.

Hahahah me idiot. "Jew's" its Jaw's actually Link's :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiOsb7a-Ttw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXC-py7kgQY
This. About flutes nothing to teach there, u just play and sooner or later u just feel it.

2010 Oct 26 (Tue) 3:22 pm
Former Member

Class: Rogue
That makes a lot more sense, ha.

Just a little question from me, what are you most looking forward to about Cataclysm?

2010 Oct 26 (Tue) 6:53 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next