NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 28 (Sun) 10:15 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page1, 2, 3  Next
Accepted: Gathrugher, Disco Priest application 

Class: Priest
Post Accepted: Gathrugher, Disco Priest application
Name: Gathrugher
Race, Class, and Main Spec: Undead Discipline Priest
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Defias+Brotherhood&cn=Gathrugher - Armory doesn't seem to display my loot from the invasion bosses for some reason, even though wow-heroes does.

What's your name and where are you from? Isaac, I'm from Newcastle in northern England.

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation. 9 7 x 3 - 6 ÷ 5 + 1 x

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding? Started playing in early vanilla. I never played very much and did very little, I stopped playing soon after TBC came out and started playing again a short time before the release of Ulduar and levelled up my level 32 main and started playing more. I have an 80 DK, whom I don't like at all. He's just boring. Then there's my 80 Hunter, my one character with a vanilla PvP title, whom I rarely play on. I did recruit a friend with a friend of mine that used to play in vanilla, and made a Human Priest. 79 levels down the line, I transferred here from Steamwheedle Cartel and became Horde to join my other friend who's always been here.

I've been on this server before, on my DK, who has spent time as Horde on Steamwheedle Cartel, Horde here, then Alliance on Argent Dawn, then Alliance on Steamwheedle Cartel again, where he remains, with my Hunter.

On my DK I did Naxx for some reason. Don't know what I was thinking, considering ToC was out. I was in a guild on this server, which got disbanded after not very long. We kept wiping on the Four Horsemen. Me, a priest and a resto Druid were at the back of the room tanking the two of them there, having no trouble whatsoever, but the tanks didn't seem to know how to attack another mob, so kept wiping the group. After a while of this, the Druid was sick of it so he left the guild, went into Cat form then charged into the Horsemen while yelling "LEEEROOOY" before running out of the room and leaving the raid.

After that I did very little. I levelled up my Hunter, geared him up to a reasonable level, and then stopped playing again. I was bored of DPSing, so I just didn't bother anymore. Later I made the Human Priest and here I am today.

I'm playing quite a lot now, probably because I actually enjoy healing, it's different to the mindless button spamming monotony DPS. I've experienced every Naxx boss, ToC boss, most Ulduar bosses, and have only done 5/12 bosses in ICC, but read through all the tactics pedantically.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts. I play this character very often, yes it's my main now. I wanted to join a guild for Cataclysm, and none of the ones on the forums seemed right for me except this one. I've been trying to gear up properly since I saw about this guild, and I'm pretty much as far as I can get gear wise. I know I can do much better, but I'm not sure where I can find another Staff or Wand without raiding.

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild? Founding member of The Wanderers on the Steamwheedle Cartel in vanilla, which I stayed in for a while. After being in many social guilds and various RP guilds, I levelled up my DK. I was in the above mentioned guild, which I unfortunately don't remember the name of. After that I joined another raiding guild which never went anywhere and I logged in one day to find it had disbanded. A while ago, while levelling my Priest, I joined a good guild on my Hunter, hoping to actually do something on him, but I never did, and he's still there, doing not much.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also. There are all my RL friends, Smegh on Steamwheedle Cartel, Angelous on Argent Dawn, Baelas here and Joseppie here.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not? I'm a healer, and if nobody dies in a situation where it was possible to save them, I judge how good I'm doing by looking at my overhealing percentage and heals per second.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did. Spec 1 is my regular Disc spec. I've levelled to 80 as Disc, and it's what I'm most familiar with. I chose my talents for just general healing without any specialization. If I'm accepted and given a specific healing role, I'll update my spec to fit that role.

Spec 2 is unused. I tried out smite spec, and found it was quite fun to use in heroics, but wasn't trustworthy enough in raids.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game? On the official Blizzard forums and mmo-champion.com.

Please provide the following (you may link them or attach them directly to your post). For both, you may capture either a 10- or 25-player raid, and VoA is perfectly acceptable.
    • a screenshot of your UI during raid boss combat; and
    • a log parse from a 10- or 25-player raid boss encounter using worldoflogs.com or similar.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/qcktajnrwvxv08zi/ - Full run of Naxx 10, The Dedicated Few. We wiped once, on the contrare to what the description says.

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss217/sneakscape/WoWScrnShot_110710_175936.jpg - There's me in that Naxx run, with my old and pretty bad gear.

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it. The halls of the Undercity were deafly silent, not even a bat was to be heard rustling in the rafters. The last earthquake to hit had been a number of minutes ago, and Desmond took it upon himself to make as much of the safe time as possible. It was hard to get away with any sort of alchemy since the traitors took over the Undercity, but most of the Kor'kron guards had been sent away in defense of Orgrimmar, and at long last work could be done without feeling the hot breath of an angry Orc down your neck.

The ground started to shake again, not that this worried Desmond. Whatever could fall would have probably already fell, so he simply shielded his equipment from any dust that may fall using his arms. It wasn't the earthquakes that he found worrying, it was the time in between them. Ever since the first tremor, the quakes had been getting more frequent and lasting longer. They were also getting more violent, much more violent. The quake stopped and he continued mixing the contents of his vial. He hadn't seen the elementals yet, but he knew about their presence. It seemed so wierd to him that months after the Lich King was slain and the vendetta had been settled by every Forsaken on Azeroth, that a new foe arrives, one which is threatening to destroy the whole world. It was almost as if the elements themselves were conspiring against them, as if the Forsaken will never be allowed an overall victory. Times were troubling, and he expected undeath to become much tougher quite soon.

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application. Not got much else to say really, other than I really hope that there's a spot for me. I'd love to do atleast some Wrath content before Cataclysm hits, and look forward to the fun of exploring Vash'jir and eventually getting that raidkill of Deathwing.

2010 Nov 17 (Wed) 11:50 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Post Re: Gathrugher, Disco Priest application
Noted and interesting read on first glance! I will deploy search-mode and question-mode tomorrow after I get some decent sleep, sorry!

Sav.

2010 Nov 18 (Thu) 1:33 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Hi there Isaac, nice of you to have shown interest in Luminous Path.

I enjoyed reading your application I really liked that you posted a log, and overall I think the app was quite good, but I've got some follow-up questions/comments:

First of I need to ask you what your experience is to gem purely for int?
Could you kindly arrange the following stats as the suited (general) priority for a Disc Priest, Crit/Spirit/SpellP/Haste/Int

Secondly, this part left me a bit puzzled.
Quote:
I judge how good I'm doing by looking at my overhealing percentage and heals per second.
I haven't yet tried/confirmed if you now actually count absords as healing troughput, but my question is why are you judging yourself by overhealing? And how are you able to overheal more than other healingclasses?

As you and me both (probably :lol: ) don't trust wowarmory for a second these days could you do us the grand favour of doing a replica of your spec along with your glyphs at wowhead calculator or similar and link it here, thanks!

All for now!
/ Vedder :D

2010 Nov 18 (Thu) 1:38 am

Apologies for not elaborating on that, didn't strike me for some reason. Generally I count absorbs as heals, as I believe they are essentially HoTs which are perfectly timed and normalised with damage taken. I'll look at overhealing because I believe that efficiency is important. Mana is not an issue as of yet, but things will be different come Cata. Of course, I don't try to improve my efficiency by not healing someone, I just measure it anyway as an overview of how I'm doing overall. I'm generally happy with 70% efficiency, but healing and absorbs take priority.

I'd say Int > Haste (until capped) > Spell power > Spirit > Crit. I put spell power where it is because Int now converts at a 1:1 ratio to spell power, as well as providing more mana to play around with. Crit has never been an issue for me, my flash heals Crit more than often enough with relatively low amounts of Crit, most likely due to my Crit off of intellect and talents, so I use Crit on gear to reforge to mastery. The reason I went for pure int gems is because, as I said, int =/= spell power, and since the socket bonuses are marginal compared to the amount I'd lose from not gemming int, I just go for Brilliant Cardinal Ruby all the way.

I would link you my spec on a talent site, but that's not possible on an iPhone, so I'll post it from my PC tomorrow.

2010 Nov 18 (Thu) 2:11 am
Officer (Retired)

Some additional questions from me!

1) Hoping my math is right, and you are indeed 15, what is the status on 'parent aggro'? How big a say do your parents have in your playing time and the hours you invest in WoW?

2) What do you expect out of the Path, raiding wise, before the expansion which is set to drop in about 3 weeks?

Sav. 8-)

2010 Nov 18 (Thu) 1:51 pm
Former Member

Hello Isaac,

Can you tell me:

What has been your favourite boss to date?
Can you tell us why, was it the mechanics, the people you were with or is it a boss that gives nice big shiny numbers?

What tank is your favourite to heal?
Any reason why?

2010 Nov 18 (Thu) 3:24 pm
Former Member

Disco you say? What's your best dance move? Theme song?

2010 Nov 18 (Thu) 3:59 pm
Profile WWW

Here's my first spec with glyphs: http://wowtal.com/#k=vcsZl9Uc.a8t.priest.-Gm0Eq

Savian, my parents are pretty leniant with me as long as I'm off by half 11 or so, and yes your math was correct. I know you probably don't want someone with as little experience as me, but I would love to be able to do atleast something before The Shattering. A boss kill or two in ICC would do me just fine.

Gorganoth, my favourite boss to date has to be the Karazhan chess event. It wasn't really the event itself, but the fact that you could challenge other players afterwards, which was always really fun. They designed it quite well and I like the new flavour they added to the game. The only experience I've had of raids so far has been PuGs without heal assignments, where I'm either trying to beat the other healers to getting the heal on whoever took damage on some minor boss, or trying desperately to save as many people as possible while the other healer(s) seemingly do nothing. I imagine that in most encounters healing the OT would be more challenging, but I don't mind that, I like a challenge. I really have no preference, as long as I get to do something.

Narushka, I'm fairly awful at dancing, but I can tell you my favourite instrumental is Broken Strings by Tek One and my favourite song is Virus by Deltron 3030.

2010 Nov 18 (Thu) 6:46 pm
Officer (Retired)

Satisfied by your answers :D Though I do have to note LP raids last till 23.00 server time with an option of prolonging should we be a few % from a kill and the entire raid agrees!

Good luck with the rest of your application! 8-)

2010 Nov 18 (Thu) 6:56 pm
Former Member

Savian wrote:
Satisfied by your answers :D Though I do have to note LP raids last till 23.00 server time with an option of prolonging should we be a few % from a kill and the entire raid agrees!

Good luck with the rest of your application! 8-)

This is okay though, because 23 is 22 for us cool people. (Cool = Brit)

2010 Nov 18 (Thu) 7:02 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page1, 2, 3  Next