NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 29 (Mon) 9:21 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to pagePrevious  1, 2, 3
Accepted: Gathrugher, Disco Priest application 
Former Member

Class: Priest
Post Re: Gathrugher, Disco Priest application
It's the general consensus for higher geared priests to reforge Crit into Mastery, since a lot of our gear has crit on it and you'd generally like to stay at around 25% crit.

I have one question myself.

Why did you choose Reflective Shield over a talent like Evangelism?

2010 Nov 19 (Fri) 10:38 am

Envangelism just isn't suited to hectic Wrath healing. It'll be a much better choice in Cataclysm when time between heals will be a lot longer, giving you a chance to Smite without killing one or more group members. Reflective shield is really just a slightly useful filler talent.

2010 Nov 19 (Fri) 6:38 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Assuming neither is ideally suited to Wrath healing, how is Reflective Shields a better filler than Evangelism? RS confers no PvE benefit, while Evangelism confers a marginal, if not huge one. Or am I seeing this incorrectly?

2010 Nov 19 (Fri) 6:50 pm

Well, Envangelism only does anything if you Smite, which is nigh impossible in Wrath raids. Healers in Cataclysm will have a much larger delay between heals, which is why talents have moved away from fast spells like Flash Heal to regular Heal, which is to be the new standard heal for Priests in Cataclysm. For now though, casting a Heal is a waste of time and mana, same with Smite. There isn't much else I could've picked, so I chose Reflective Shield because in a way it helps the group as a whole by doing some damage, however small.

2010 Nov 19 (Fri) 7:00 pm
Officer (Retired)

I'm satisfied with that. Two more things from me:

1) We have carried out your RPN, and although the Luminous Path is not a bar and there is no minimum age to get in, could you talk about your other commitments over the next several months (school, exams, etc.) and about your freedom to play, on raid nights, from ca. 7:30-11:00 server time without interruption?

2) What if we told you that, based on your gear and experience, we wouldn't likely have a raid spot for you until Cataclysm?

2010 Nov 20 (Sat) 3:44 pm

Well I can easily be back home by about 7:00 server time in order to prepare, and I'm never given any assignments without due notice, so any work I may need to do can easily be done on other days at other times. Most of my coursework is out of the way anyway, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I wouldn't mind not having a raider spot, I didn't expect to be able to get one this late on anyway. So long as there's something for me to do in Cata, I'll be happy.

2010 Nov 20 (Sat) 4:12 pm
Officer (Retired)

On that basis I think we can accept you. Whisper me (these days often online as Haurotan), Ekhan, Denathos, Narushka, or Savian for a ginvite.

2010 Nov 21 (Sun) 3:08 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to pagePrevious  1, 2, 3