NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 28 (Sun) 11:13 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
Accepted: Jotra, DPS DK 
Former Member

Class: Death Knight
Post Accepted: Jotra, DPS DK
Name: Jotra

Race, Class, and Main Spec: Orc, Death Knight, Unholy
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... d&cn=Jotra

What's your name and where are you from? Mikko, I'm from Joensuu, Finland.

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation. 7 3 x 1 +

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding?
Well I first started playing WoW almost immediately after it was released here in Europe, but I've had couple pretty long breaks since then. All in all I've probably had active subscription for about 3-4 years. In vanilla I didn't really raid at all, got my character to level 60 and quit. In TBC got into the raiding scheme a bit more and did all T4/T5 plus BT up to Illidan and some Sunwell trash farming, this was when T6 was the most current content ;). In Wrath I have killed/tried bosses in ICC 10 up to Sindragosa with Bene

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.
Jotra has been my main since I made her about year ago. During the last year my main activities have been doing stuff with Bene obviously and by myself I completed Loremaster achievement for the old world before Cata hit. I dont have huge amount of achievements but hunting them is something I kinda enjoy. I also like PvP though I'm pretty casual about usually doing max couple bg's / day and maybe wg. I play WoW almost daily and usually more than couple hours a day.

My main alts are Heidra, a lvl 80 priest which was my main for few months between Kharnek my original vanilla/TBC main and Jotra. Now shes mainly my ah character and also enchanter/jewelcrafter. Kharnek I haven't even got to lvl 80 yet. I also got lvl 80 alliance druid on this server mainly for chance to see the world from alliance point of view.

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?
For the last year my guild has been Benevolent which has very nice bunch of people. The reason I'd like to join your guild is to have fun guild mates and do raiding with bit more hc mindset than Bene has. My last guild before Bene was the one I was raiding TBC with on Stormscale and I honestly have no recollection what it was called since I left it summer of 2008.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.
Luaria, I think at least few of you know her :)

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?
Well the role of DPS in my mind is to add as much to the total raid dps with their own dps and buffs as possible, without screwing up something else. To judge whether I am doing good job or not I use DPS meter and just generally how things are going, like eg. if I'm doing something that causes dmg the me or other raid members or if im in danger of pulling agro from the tank. I also think I can take advice when offered, and to this end I quite regularly read the DK threads on EJ to see how I should be playing my class.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
With the Cata changes unholy tree has in my opinion a rather clear path as they are several clear pvp talents which to avoid for pve. I think I mainly chose the talents I currently have myself, but I usually simply try picking what looks to me like the best spec from the unholy dk thread on EJ. When I get to lvl 85 I plan to give my talent trees a more closer look, especially since recently dw unholy has hyped as the new best thing.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
Elitist Jerks for detailed information about my class and MMO-Champ for general info about the game. I also sometimes read TankSpot.

Please provide the following (you may link them or attach them directly to your post). For both, you may capture either a 10- or 25-player raid, and VoA is perfectly acceptable.
    • a screenshot of your UI during raid boss combat; and
    • a log parse from a 10- or 25-player raid boss encounter using worldoflogs.com or similar.

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2521 ... 132817.jpg
That screenshot is from July and currently the latest one I have. Showing my raid ui. I've only really added new addon for tracking runes plus obviously changed my hotkeys a bit because the class changed. I'm always trying to improve my ui so any tips are very welcome.

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.
Well I'm horrible at this so please appreciate me for trying:

Since the rebirth as undead soldier of the Scourge there had been sense of lack of control to her actions. She could swing her sword freely against the Scarlet Crusaders. But at the same time she knew that had she tried to raise it against her instructors, her hands wouldn't have listened to her commands. It was like she had invisible strings controlling her every step, they were pretty loose as long as she acted as she was ordered, but at the same time she knew the strings could be pulled tight whenever necessary. Still at the far corner of her mind, a thought lingered that burying her sword in the chest of the nearest undead was exactly what she should do.

This all changed when she was ordered to execute someone from her past. At that point she knew where the feeling of uneasiness had come from. She was now one of the enemy she had died fighting against. This knowledge gave her the power to resist the call of the Lich King and to become member of the Horde once again.

My roleplay is mostly trying to act like a respected member of the Horde and killing alliance players on sight(or dying horribly). So Garrosh is more my kind of warleader than Thrall was :)

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.
I've heard nice things about you guys and I hope you give me a chance.

Also I always keep tank as my secondary spec so I can sometimes tank at least hc's.

2010 Dec 01 (Wed) 12:08 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Post Re: Jotra, DPS DK
Welcome to the Path! Good to see you found your way here 8-) Not really sure what to say/ask/do here besides praise your application (especially since DK's are not my forté). I'll think of something soon though!

Sav.

2010 Dec 01 (Wed) 1:28 am

Class: Priest
Hi there,

Hope you don't mind me making an account on here :)

I'd just like add that Jotra has been a great member throughout his time within Benevolent, has always performed brilliantly in raid situations and has always supported his other guildies. I noticed he has given Luaria as a reference but she does not often get to see the light of Azeroth. I can be found mainly on Aeyvi or Tyriaena should anyone need anything (or ask Den).

Best of luck Jotra - I hope you find happiness here!

Lu

2010 Dec 01 (Wed) 5:00 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Hey there Jotra,

I liked reading your app.
My knowledge about Death Knight dps however is quite limited, but here's some questions from me:

How do you feel about the changes to Death Knights for the 4.0 patches?
- Why do you like them or why do you not like them (bloodspec included if you feel like it :lol: )?

What are you most looking forward to in Cataclysm?

Good luck otherwise :)
/ Vedder

2010 Dec 01 (Wed) 9:28 am
Former Member

Class: Death Knight
How do you feel about the changes to Death Knights for the 4.0 patches? - Why do you like them or why do you not like them (bloodspec included if you feel like it )?

I don't think the general feel of Unholy actually changed all that much from pre-4.0. The biggest chance to the class overall was the changes to the rune system, but in the case of unholy those changes were kinda countered by having haste affect rune generation and by the bonuses of Unholy Presence. So overall the ADD type play of constantly having some ability be available for use that existed pre-4.0 is still there. So to answer your question I loved Unholy before the patch and I still do!

As for tanking, I switched my tank spec from frost to blood the moment I heard Blizzard were making Blood the tank tree for DK's. So I was kinda familiar with blood tanking. I don't think Blood has changed that much either, you mainly just have more tools at your disposal since the tanky abilities have been moved to that tree.

What are you most looking forward to in Cataclysm?

Everything! I honestly can't think of anything I'd rather not see implemented ;) But if I had to pick 3 I'd say, all the new lands, dungeons and raids, the new guild system and finally tied for 3rd place rated BG's/archeology.

2010 Dec 01 (Wed) 11:48 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
*hugs Lu* Heeey! :D

Well, I tried to think of something to ask but....your app is so complete, I got nothing! And having Lu's personal vouch settles it for me. 8-)

2010 Dec 01 (Wed) 1:40 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
On this basis I think we can accept you for trial. Whisper me, Ekhan, Zalmoxis (Utukku), Gorganoth, Denathos, Narushka, or Savian for a ginvite.

2010 Dec 02 (Thu) 2:09 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]