NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 27 (Sat) 10:01 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next
Declined: Soikea, Blood Elf Mage 
Former Member

Class: Mage
Post Declined: Soikea, Blood Elf Mage
Name: Soikea
Race, Class, and Main Spec: Blood Elf, Mage, Arcane
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &cn=Soikea
What's your name and where are you from? My name is Anton Pärsson, I'm from Sweden.

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation. 19 1 +

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding? I've played wow since vanilla retail. Back in vanilla I did mostly PVP with the occasional Molten Core. In BC I did also mostly PVP with the exception of Kharazan. Now in WoTlk, I've done most of the raids, except for Ulduar and LK in ICC. I just had a blast leveling new characters and trying them out, so pretty casual. Now I'm looking forward everything a guild and Catackysm has to offer.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts. I'd concider my shaman as my main, mostly because of the fact that I've had it since BC (new account since BC Release) For other characters I have alot, I used RAF exp with a friend and basically leveled a ton. I'm not interested in these characters though, my shaman is my main but I'm looking for a switch over to mage with the Cataclysm release.
What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild? As mentioned above I did alot of PVP and casuals raids, therefore I stayed in guilds where I had found friends, also I had IRL friends in these guilds, foremost the guilds: Army of Nature and Grace of Elune. I've been guildess alot and I think it's time for me explore WoW including one. I only left the guilds because I was transfering servers with IRL friends. Also the fact that many of the players in those guilds quit playing the game.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also. I know Zamek from school, aswell as Nukah and Arache, all classmates.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?I understand the mechanics, I react when I'm suppose to and I'm always alert, I do damage and I'm very focused on every fight.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did. I've put tons of thought into what spec I'm interested in playing and all markers pointed towards a ranged magician, my preferance as shaman was also elemental. I like being a ranged damage dealer because of the mobility when it's getting hot around the target, this also gives me the ability of thinking the next step before I react. I always spend the talents point to deal the maximum dps as possible. My choice of spec right now is Arcane due to the fact that I don't have to pay too much attention to rotations and can set my focus on the events of the fight.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game? I spend time on manaflask.com for guides, I look on MMO-champion aswell as Wowhead.com, I visit elitist jerks from time to time.

Please provide the following (you may link them or attach them directly to your post). For both, you may capture either a 10- or 25-player raid, and VoA is perfectly acceptable.
    • a screenshot of your UI during raid boss combat; and
    • a log parse from a 10- or 25-player raid boss encounter using worldoflogs.com or similar.
My mage is really a fresh 80, but I enjoy it a ton, as I mentioned above I'm interested in a character switch – from my shaman to my mage. This results in not having a screenshot at the moment.

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it. As an orphan, Soikea was placed in the care of Marniel Amberlight, the Inkeeper of Fairbreeze village, Eversong Woods. There, this little blood elf child came to grow up, often venturing out on the woods. Surrounded by arcane energy he embraced magic as a way of life and 15 years later he left Marniel to travel around Azeroth. At first he was optimistic, grateful for the nature, the world and all it's habitants. But this came to change. During his travels he encountered a great number of alliance sympathizers, to his dissapointment, he found out that they all ravaged this world, this nature that he had came to love. Determined in his cause he swore that he would prevent any alliance sympathizer that he would encounter ruining this world. The last name of this blood elf is still unknown.

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application. I don't think I have anything else. If there's any questionmarks I'd be glad to answer them. Cheers!

2010 Dec 04 (Sat) 1:27 pm
Officer (Retired)

Post Re: Soikea, Blood Elf Mage
*rubs hands together gleefully* Maaaaage! :D

Couple of question, answer them as and when you see fit!

- How do you, as not having raided on your mage before, in our raiding squad?
- For your preferred of the 3 specs, put the following in the order you think they belong in: spellpower, int, stamina, crit, haste, hit, mastery, spirit
- What's the current hitcap for your chosen spec?
- What's your opinion on the spirit stat for mages
- What's your current rotation?
- What boss in ICC did you enjoy most?

I'll leave it at that for the time being, enjoy! 8-)

Sav.

2010 Dec 04 (Sat) 6:59 pm
Former Member

Hello Savian!

How do you, as not having raided on your mage before, in our raiding squad?
I'm not entirely new to the concept of raiding and I have done abit of endgame on my warlock, combining dots and spells, I learn quickly and adapt according to situations!

For your preferred of the 3 specs, put the following in the order you think they belong in: spellpower, int, stamina, crit, haste, hit, mastery, spirit!
Arcane: Hit → Spellpower → Int → Mastery → Haste/crit → Stamina (Mastery might be abit more for Cata) (Stamina is prio if you have problem with your health pool.)

[color=#00FF00 ]What's the current hitcap for your chosen spec? [/color]
17% (446)

What's your opinion on the spirit stat for mages?
Rendered useless in the 4.0.1 patch, except if you have a small mana pool, abit regen helps out.

What's your current rotation?
Atm my gear aint state of the art so I can expect my mana pool to drop somewhat fast, Therefore I tend to use arcane missiles at 4x arcane blast procs.

What boss in ICC did you enjoy most?
I didn't get to play the whole fight, but I think Sindragosa. Another encounter I enjoyed alot was Blood Queen. I did like the movement on Sindragosa and I did like the ”bond” people was given so that they had to run to eachother.

Cheers!

2010 Dec 04 (Sat) 10:29 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
This is a great guy, he knows what he is doing and learns fast.

Been playing together with him for while now and i enjoy that alot.

2010 Dec 04 (Sat) 10:44 pm
Officer (Retired)

Thanks for the fast and complete answers! 8-)

2010 Dec 05 (Sun) 12:27 am
Former Member

No problem :D

2010 Dec 05 (Sun) 1:31 am
Officer (Retired)

I'm baaaa-aack! 8-) Got some more 'interesting' questions for ya!

- What are your general playing times?
- What do you like to do most when ingame?
- What limits are there to your ingame time? (think school, parents, girlfriend)

Sav.

2010 Dec 05 (Sun) 3:14 pm
Former Member

Welcome baaa-aack Savian!

I play mornings, days, evenings, when I got time off (which is often). I'm currently living in a dorm with Arache, Zamek and Nukah, and the parents in another city.

I like doing all kinds of stuff. Before in my wowhistory I havent payed much attention to professions, so that I like alot! I enjoy doing the new quests and getting achievement. In summary, most things! :)

Cheers!

2010 Dec 05 (Sun) 3:29 pm
Former Member

Class: Druid
I'll bring a question to keep you busy for now. :3

What aspect of Cataclysm are you looking most forward to, and why?

2010 Dec 06 (Mon) 10:38 pm
Former Member

Hello Zamek!

I'm looking forward to everything, especially the new dungeons, the armor sets looks great and I can't wait to try out archeology!

Cheers!

2010 Dec 07 (Tue) 1:52 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next