NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 28 (Sun) 11:28 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
Declined: Naalor - Orc Mage 

Class: Mage
Post Declined: Naalor - Orc Mage
Name: Naalor.
Race, Class, and Main Spec: Orc, Mage, Fire.
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Defias+Brotherhood&cn=Naalor (armory mainentance atm)

What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Frank. And I'm from the Netherlands.

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.
2 3+ 5*

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding?
I have been playing WoW since vanilla release. Been through many characters and factions, had some breaks in between (missed half of the burning crusade). As far as raiding experience goes, I've done pretty much everything up to Lich King 10 normal. I have been raiding progression raids in HC ICC10 as well.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.
This is my main character and most active. I am online every evenings and in the weekends.
I also have a Death Knight tank for when there's a high need of tanks. His name is Orkadon. (orc.. yeah.)

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?
I originally hail from Argent Dawn - EU. I was an officer in a growing raiding guild with ICC10 100% callen The Sinner Project. Reason I left this guild was because the Guild master was never ingame and me and two other officers were left to keep order because members started to form subgroups. So I took my leave into the wild world of pvp(rp) realms again. :D

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.
Amadala, Araris, Whytan, Ardaion from Argent Dawn horde. (name was Trollbolt)

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?
DPS, triggering debuffs on the targets, aoe dps, while staying mobile. My personal standards are like this: If I can keep dps up in the top5 without taking damage or aggro, and not obstruct other players during the whole fight I'm doing a good job.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
I just love fire. Personally it's the most interesting rotation a mage can have. Currently I have set fire up for raiding so I pumped as much as possible in dot stacking and firepower.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
The official class forums. (for opinions)
WoW Insider, arcane brilliance blog (theorycrafting, mage updates)

Please provide the following (you may link them or attach them directly to your post). For both, you may capture either a 10- or 25-player raid, and VoA is perfectly acceptable.
    • a screenshot of your UI during raid boss combat; and
    • a log parse from a 10- or 25-player raid boss encounter using worldoflogs.com or similar.

I fully hotkeyed my ui out, I don't have a UI picture while raiding atm... I don't have any log parse's since this character just entered Defias Brotherhood.

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.
I am Naalor. One of the first "reformed" warlocks that Garrosh Hellscream's horde has created. I have been tasked with duties that come directly from Garrosh's command. I am an orc who stands steady behind the new Orc banner and will show no mercy to anyone daring to oppose us.

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.
I hope you see something in me and thanks for reading.

2010 Dec 06 (Mon) 1:07 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Post Re: Naalor - Orc Mage
Greetings Naalor,

I've thought of some questions now... :D

I don't know about mages to well perhaps you can fill me in a bit to describe what other buffs you as a fire mage bring to the table? (read dps mechanics and other raid beneficial buffs).

What's your favourite instance/raid so far in WoW? Also which is your favourite boss (doesn't have to belong to your favourite raid)?

Have you checked out our raidtimes? Do they fit in with your schedule aswell?

Good luck otherwise
/Vedder

2010 Dec 06 (Mon) 12:08 pm
Officer (Retired)

Greetings fellow Dutch mage! First off I'll start with the informal 'what part of the country are you from?' bit ;)

As for class/guild questions:
- Why fire over arcane or frost?
- What is your rotation as fire, assuming a relatively movement-free fight?
- What stats do you prioritize?

Maybe more to come later 8-)

Sav.

2010 Dec 06 (Mon) 12:46 pm

Hellooo! :)

@Vedder:
I don't know about mages to well perhaps you can fill me in a bit to describe what other buffs you as a fire mage bring to the table? (read dps mechanics and other raid beneficial buffs).
Improved scorch places a 30sec debuff on anything that increases crit rating by 5% for all incoming damage. Which is like a mob placed raidbuff. That's about it really... I know arcane provides more buffs like arcane tactics and magic focus, but when there's more then 1 mage in the raid either of them already is arcane and the buffs it gives will not stack, therefore I picked fire to adapt to that situation. Frost is my secondary spec, which provides mana regen to the whole raid as long as I'm casting.

What's your favourite instance/raid so far in WoW? Also which is your favourite boss (doesn't have to belong to your favourite raid)?
My favourite raidinstance is.. Ulduar! :) Fights I really liked are Heigan the danceking, XT-200, Iron Council, Kologarn, Mimiron, Blood Council (I was always the kinetic orb juggler :p)

Have you checked out our raidtimes? Do they fit in with your schedule aswell?
I live in Paris timezone and I'm online and active around 18:00 - 18:30 till whenever things are done for the night.

@Savian
Greetings fellow Dutch mage! First off I'll start with the informal 'what part of the country are you from?'
Rotterdam, ZH. ;)

As for class/guild questions:
- Why fire over arcane or frost?
To adapt to other (arcane) mages who might be joining, otherwise I use the spec that's most effective in a specific situation. Frost is my sec. spec.

- What is your rotation as fire, assuming a relatively movement-free fight?
Improved scorch (1) > Living Bomb (2) > Fireball (3) > Fireblast (4) > Fireball (untill pyroblast procs)(5) > Living Bomb (6) > Combustion (7) > start again a (3) and loop
Rotation does around 12K dps on Lich King 10. But must note that it's really dependant on the type of encounter.

With groups of mobs:
Mark 1 with Living bomb > Spam improved Flame Strike / Blastwave untill Impact procs (impact gives a stun and pops Living Bomb any anything close to the target) This can be combined with the rotation above.

1 Intellect/SP, 2 mastery rating, 3 haste rating, 4 hit rating (cap at 1,2% miss on boss), 5 crit rating.

2010 Dec 06 (Mon) 1:53 pm
Officer (Retired)

Naalor wrote:
1 Intellect/SP, 2 mastery rating, 3 haste rating, 4 hit rating (cap at 1,2% miss on boss), 5 crit rating.

Now this is interesting to hear a bit more about! Why haste over crit (unless you're going for the softcap first)? Also, why not cap out your hit (17%)?
Would you agree mastery is relatively useless to stack at the moment as opposed to at lvl 85?

2010 Dec 06 (Mon) 2:01 pm

Savian wrote:
Naalor wrote:

Now this is interesting to hear a bit more about! Why haste over crit (unless you're going for the softcap first)? Also, why not cap out your hit (17%)?
Would you agree mastery is relatively useless to stack at the moment as opposed to at lvl 85?

Oh yes I do agree with mastery being relatively useless right now since only a small amount can be gained out of reforging. But I'm thinking ahaid of time here since future items will contain plenty of it. :D

I choose haste over crit because it's easy to get 30% crit from anything. combined with raidbuffs there's about 41% chance to crit, which is imho sufficient. Reason I'm not fully hitcapped out is probably because that 1,2% chance to miss on bosses is neglectable, giving me some space to put in more of the other stats. It's a bit of a personality trait I must admit, if it's close to nill it's neglectable. :ugeek:
I'm always open for suggestions / respecs ofcourse.

2010 Dec 06 (Mon) 2:19 pm
Former Member

Class: Rogue
Is your surname Bleijnburg?!

If not then sorry for appearing a bit weird!

2010 Dec 06 (Mon) 3:26 pm

[url]No, it's not, my surname is Koster. ;)

Here's a pic with my ui setup:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2010 Dec 06 (Mon) 7:57 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Although this isn't the world's strongest application, the fact is that we're completely over-Maged at the moment and simply wouldn't be able to offer you a raiding spot at 85. Good luck finding a nice guild, though.

2010 Dec 07 (Tue) 1:41 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]