NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 28 (Sun) 7:04 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
Declined: Relalith, 80 Rogue with Hunter friend too! 

Class: Rogue
Post Declined: Relalith, 80 Rogue with Hunter friend too!
Name: Relalith
Race, Class, and Main Spec:Blood Elf, soon to be Goblin for racials. Mutilate for ms.
Armory Link:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/relalith/simple

What's your name and where are you from?
East Yorkshire, England. My real name is Harry.

How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.
How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding?
I've been playing since Vanilla but unfortunatley TBC came out just weeks after I reached 60 so I never got chance to experience it. On TBC I cleared Karazan and Gruul's etc before retiring for a while at the release of Black temple/Sunwell. WotLK I've done a few hard modes, no real 25M progression as I was part of a 10 man guild. Dropped LK on my Priest with my 10 man guild.
Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts. Due to the fact of not being able to find a raid spot for my Rogue, I was pushed into healing on my Priest. I've always considered this Rogue to be my main. I have a Disc Priest, a Warlock, a Shaman and a Death Knight which are all level capped. I'm interested in playing my Shaman too.

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?Played with Nether Syndicate and Sidereals. Spent a lot of time in Pshycadelic helping them raid too. Got kicked from Nether Syndicate for having a break from WoW a few weeks ago. Apparently I signed up for the raids and didn't log in. Long story haha.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.
Kelgarn. Played with him for a long time.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?
Depends which character I'm on but on my Rogue I'd say my role was dpsing. I judge how good I'm doing my job by checking the bosses hp, if it's dieng at a nice pace I'd say I was doing okay. Also checking my dps meter, making sure I'm on par with the others and not holding everyone up.
Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
Well this is just my PvP build, havent raiding on this for a few weeks as Cata was coming so I didn't feel the need. It's just a spec I made for PvPing. I'm going to be sorting an actual spec out when I begin my leveling process.
Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
Elitist Jerks and the Rogue class forums. Oh and ShadowPanther!

Please provide the following (you may link them or attach them directly to your post). For both, you may capture either a 10- or 25-player raid, and VoA is perfectly acceptable.
    • a screenshot of your UI during raid boss combat; and
    • a log parse from a 10- or 25-player raid boss encounter using worldoflogs.com or similar.

Don't have any, sorry. If I can find a VoA group tonight I'll get some sorted.
Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.
Relalith was left by his own family for dead in Stranglethorn Vale as a young man. After wandering through the Vale he was attacked by a Panther, almost killing him. After recovering back to full health from the help of some kind Trolls, Relalith searched for his family, finding them one night sleeping and robbing them off all their gold and worthy possesions before heading out to the Horde's major cities looking for work. Years of work paid off after one day over hearing some Elves by the Eversong pond discussing a sinister plot, he told Kiirin who then told his higher officers. Relalith joined the Crimson Enclave and currently works for them, gathering intel on certian subjects.
Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.
I would just like to thank you for taking the time to read my application. Also, I would like to join your guild as I actually want to see Cataclysm content and enjoy the expansion. Looking forward to hearing from you. I really enjoy working in a team.

I also have a very good Hunter friend who would be willing to apply, providing I get in. We go together you see haha.

Thanks!

2010 Dec 06 (Mon) 7:30 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Post Re: Relalith, 80 Rogue with Hunter friend too!
Uh, given that you're applying to a raiding guild, how about you tell us the story of
Quote:
apparently I signed up for raids and didn't log in
however long it might be.

Also, you can take a screenshot of your UI right now. Do it. We want to see the layout and the keybinds.

2010 Dec 06 (Mon) 7:36 pm

Well, I took about 4 weeks break. When I logged back in I had been removed from guild. I tried to find out the reason why and apparently I had signed up for raids and not shown up. But I never signed up for any raids before I went for a break, that's what I didnt understand. So I just left it and decided to search for a new guild.

2010 Dec 06 (Mon) 7:56 pm

Just trying to upload a shot of my UI now.

2010 Dec 06 (Mon) 8:01 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Hey Harry,

1 question from me for now...How important is it for you to raid with your friend if you both get accepted?

/ Vedder

2010 Dec 06 (Mon) 8:01 pm

2010 Dec 06 (Mon) 8:04 pm

Hey Vedder. Not too important, just a preference really. We can cope without each other haha.

2010 Dec 06 (Mon) 8:07 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Hey Harry,

You seem like a nice guy who would fit in here socially, but this application comes across as a bit... non-serious? You don't even discuss your potential PvE spec, even if you give reasons (which I'm not sure I buy) for not having one, and the fact that you freely admit to just disappearing from the game without letting people know whats up... well... people who do that make guild leaders cry, and I'm all out of tears.

Good luck out there.

2010 Dec 07 (Tue) 1:47 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]