NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 27 (Sat) 4:44 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
Accepted: Malotaur - Tauren Hunter 
Former Member

Class: Hunter
Post Accepted: Malotaur - Tauren Hunter
Name: Malotaur
Race, Class, and Main Spec: Tauren Marksmanship Hunter
Armory Link:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... r/advanced
What's your name and where are you from?
Luke, South Africa
How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.
9 9 +
How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding?
I've been playing since patch 2.4.0 with 42 days played on my main. I raided the first half of Ulduar and cleared ToC with a social guild consisting of close ingame friends, but left those guilds when 3.3 hit in hopes of a more serious raiding atmosphere and with IRL friends. I joined two average raiding guilds and progressed to Sindragosa before the guilds disintegrated
Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.
Malotaur is and always will be my main, but I have a lvl 80 Dwarf Shaman on the same server, who I use as the head of my Alliance branch and exploring the Alliance alternatives and a lvl 41 Dwarf Warrior, although I invest most of my time on Malotaur, since I'm a one tauren kind of guy. I have had tons of different below 60 alts who I deleted eventually because of not being satisfied with race/class/name but I plan to level one of every class except one or two in Cataclysm with Azeroth being so shiny now.
What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?
I started out on Aggramar as it was recommended to me when I first logged in. I left <Zion> and <The Dread Company> (who were sister guilds at the time) a long with a bunch of members because of a leader dispute that caused Zion to disband and left TDC with bad blood towards Z. In the ICC period I raided with <CURSED> until they fell apart because of crucial members scattering and joined <The Rebel Alliance> which I raided with satisfyingly until they also got limp because of members taking break until Cataclysm. Between the first two and the last two I switched from Horde to Alliance to raid with IRL friends but ended up switching back and moving to Defias because I love Horde just a little bit more :) and I value world pvp and RP presence.
Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.
Maakhomplat on Laughing Skull (His alt he is playing most recently, he has six 80s on Aggramar Alliance where I originally played with him.
What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?
I'm pretty competitive in the sense of mastering my class as a hunter, min/maxing to the point where it's relevant, and bringing my part as DPS fully, as I expect the same from my raid partners. I'm always up for technical challenges like kiting and positioning, pushing my class to the limit. I judge my performance on my individual faults/triumphs that contribute to my raid's progress, and overall recount chart position.
Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
Before 4.0.1 I used a PERFECTLY balanced survival build that out-DPSed my higher geared MM guildmembers and I was very happy with it, but I'm currently using a experimental MM build for instances that maximises on single target damage, where it counts. Because it's very early in the expansion pack and there hasn't been a lot of theorycrafting done on Cata raiding, I haven't come down to a cookie cutter spec, but look forward to tweaking a prime build for lvl 85 raiding. My offspec is Beast Mastery for soloing and novelty/IC purposes. If it turns out that BM is a competitive raiding spec at 85, then I will very much consider heading down that path, as supposed to MM.
Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
Elitist Jerks and especially OutDPS
Please provide the following (you may link them or attach them directly to your post). For both, you may capture either a 10- or 25-player raid, and VoA is perfectly acceptable.
    • a screenshot of your UI during raid boss combat; and
    • a log parse from a 10- or 25-player raid boss encounter using worldoflogs.com or similar.

My UI was broken by 4.0.1 and I haven't played much since, waiting for Cata after I left my desolate guild. It's nothing to look at in any case as I'm very minimalist and my raid performance generally deteriorates when I add to much distractions. I do however use essential addons like DBM, Recount, inturrupt/decurse type timers and guild required addons.
Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.
Malotaur has always been a lone hunter, with only his beasts at his side, pursuing targets and trinkets alike in Azeroth's cruelest tropics. Spending most of his time in jungles and oasis, he is always on the look for the undiscovered trophies that hide in the most exotic landscapes.

Having recently scoured Northrend, through the depths of Ulduar and flourishing valleys of Sholazar Basin, up to the enormous frost giant fortresses looming over Storm Peaks, he returns to Azeroth where he once hunted fair jungle creatures with Hemet Nesingwary's own son, to Stranglethorn Vale, only to find it torn asunder by a ominous maelstrom. He remembers dreading the enroaching Venture Company and their exploits of the majestic canopy trees that make the Vale, but today it pales in comparison to the destruction caused by this unknown force. Malotaur's only comforts lie in knowing that The Earthmother is resilient, and will always find a way to spread the roots of nature wide, and in the fact that whatever is behind this, it must have a wing to clip.

2010 Dec 06 (Mon) 10:22 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Post Re: Malotaur - Tauren Hunter
Hey there Luke,

Just want to set things straight...Are you in fact the "hunter friend" of Relalith (the rogue applicant). In that case do you also want to make this a joined application like he wished it to be?

/ Vedder

2010 Dec 07 (Tue) 11:38 am
Former Member

No it isn't. And do you like Pearl Jam :)

2010 Dec 07 (Tue) 12:46 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
You know, in the time it takes people to type out an excuse for not having a screenshot, they could already have hit F11 and had one on photobucket or imgur...

2010 Dec 07 (Tue) 1:49 pm
Officer (Retired)

We ask the questions around here :P and yes I do...

I'm not really the hunter type of guy but came across this part of your application and got a question lined up:
Malotaur wrote:
[I'm pretty competitive in the sense of mastering my class as a hunter, min/maxing to the point where it's relevant, and bringing my part as DPS fully, as I expect the same from my raid partners.

If a raidmember wouldn't fulfill what you would interpret as "bringing there DPS fully" how would your step towards that be?

Also want to ask you which spec you would find most raidviable, and not only for your own DPS but for the raid as a group?

All for now
// Vedder

2010 Dec 07 (Tue) 2:39 pm
Former Member

Well if they are very obviously lacking in the DPS department throughout a raid I assume a guild officer would eventually step in and figure out what they can do about it since it's most likely a rotation problem if not gear/buff/technical failure, in which case I would probably /w them about it. I don't like preaching about classes I don't know though, but if he's a hunter, I will gladly share any advise and tips concerning stats, builds, rotation, mechanics, gear as I'm pretty up to date about Hunter and encounter bizniz.

So far Marksmanship seems to be the most reliable spec for your average raid encounter since it has extremely useful utility abilities like Silencing Shot(interrupt), the Posthaste talent + glyphed Disengage which makes kiting and raid survival a breeze, and of course 10% AP to raid members with Trueshot Aura. Also talents like Imp Steady Shot, Piercing Shots, Master Marksman and Chimera Shot together provide excellent long term damage upkeep necessary for boss encounters and I'm quite satisfied with it.

And..

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z34 ... taurUI.jpg

2010 Dec 07 (Tue) 5:33 pm
Officer (Retired)

Hey again,

Thanks for your answers, I've got another one lined up for you.

Why did you chose Tauren over Orc? Comparing the PvE racial traits from them Orcs are very superior, and if you really want to max your dps to the limit it seems like a quite obvious choice.

2010 Dec 08 (Wed) 6:50 pm
Former Member

Yeah well to expand on ''min/max to the point where it's relevant'', I push my DPS without letting it detract from having fun. Choosing a race for my main character just because of the minor(debatable) racial trait seems a bit extreme to me, who likes immersing myself in the game. My RP story might not be the most epic piece of literature, but I really do love the visual and story elements of the game more than anything.

2010 Dec 08 (Wed) 8:51 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Malotaur wrote:
Yeah well to expand on ''min/max to the point where it's relevant'', I push my DPS without letting it detract from having fun. Choosing a race for my main character just because of the minor(debatable) racial trait seems a bit extreme to me, who likes immersing myself in the game. My RP story might not be the most epic piece of literature, but I really do love the visual and story elements of the game more than anything.

Couldn't agree more, actually. Race changing for min-maxing reasons has always struck me as a touch insane. Good for you for sticking to your guns.

I like this application. Whisper me, Zalmoxis (Utukku), Denathos, Narushka, or Savian for a ginvite.

2010 Dec 08 (Wed) 9:41 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]