NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 27 (Sat) 7:35 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
Declined: Alpaslan, lv 85 Orc Warrior 

Class: Warrior
Post Declined: Alpaslan, lv 85 Orc Warrior
Name:
Alpaslan

Race, Class, and Main Spec:
Orc, Warrior, Main spec is Fury.

Armory Link:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Alpaslan/simple

What's your name and where are you from?
Salim, I am from Turkey.

How old are you? Please express your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.
I am 27 years old. Sorry could not understand " Reverse Polish Notation", even searched it on internet but could not figure out anything.

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding?
I have been playing WoW for almost 2 years now. I started raiding in WtLK, so cleared ToC, and ICC. Also have done ICC HC 10/12.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.
Yes, this is my main character. I have got only one alt, Druid lvl 73. I want to level Druid for the profession, rather than I have no intention to play another character. Also I have a full heirloom geared lvl 2 Hunter, I want to level it for mining, as I will swap Alpaslan's mining profession with jewelcraftering in near future.

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?
I had started playing in an another RP realm, and joined an RP guild but after spending such an effort for a long time, I decided I will never be a good Rper, then left the guild and transferred here.
When I came this server, I had PvP for sometime, then sadly my arena partner stopped playing and I joined a few very casual PVE guild. After learning PVE game play, I started to like it and looked for a proper Raiding guild. Luckily I managed to join Apotheosis, and had stayed there about 10 months. We had a good progress in WtLK, and had lots of fun, but after Cata, we had a new Raid leader, and I found his choices for raid spots very unfair, so left the guild.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.
I do not know anyone in Path, but I can give some of my old guildies as reference. Devlinn and Packer.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?
As a DPS warrior, my role in raid, is focusing on dps. DPS warriors have not got any CC ability except some movement reduction spells if talented and fear nearby enemies for a short time, so, for a DPS warrior, most important thing is maximizing his dps and of course watch around, try to avoid receiving damage. Also watching his aggro ( especially in cata) is vital. Helping the tank with interrupts, and even lightening the healers' burden, with using self healing abilities is another important role for a warrior. Not only helping, in urgent situations, a DPS warrior can change to defensive stance and even can save healer's life, as wearing plate armor, a DPS warrior may off tank for a short time.

I could judge my performance according to encounter. If the boss isn't a dps race but require awareness, firstly I would check my damage taken. If boss is a dps race, I would check my DPS. But of course this isn't that simple, on some fights I might have to focus interrupts, and some fights I might have to focus on adds. So If I had enough awareness to avoid receiving damage, and managed to do what I supposed to do, I would consider myself successful.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
I have not got a much different talent, as a fury warrior like many others, 3/3 Deep wounds, 2/3 Incite. This is the pure dps built. But of course I might use another built, focusing on a bit CC, or some more survivability if required.

I have got Prot spec as OS at the moment, I use it for only to avoid long queues for dungeons. If I have a chance to get a proper raiding spot, I would like to have Arms as secondary spec. On some encounters Arms might be a better choice than fury, and also I never liked labelling specs Main or Offspec. Because If I am a dps warrior, I believe that I should be able to use both specs at same level. But of course this does not mean that I do not enjoy Prot tree or I am not interested in tanking, If required, I can very well use Prot as Off spec.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
Warrior section in Wow Insider and MMO champions Warrior forums.

Please provide a screenshot of your UI during raid boss or dungeon boss combat.
http://tinypic.com/r/dnf2o3/7

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.
Sat down at a table, he seemed to be either waiting for something or looking for something. After a minute he got up and walked up to the wooden bar. “ I am trying to get some table service.”

“Don't have none,” Goblin bartender said. Cimri was a typical greedy goblin, he never saw the sense in paying good money for waiters. If folks wanted a drink, they could walk up to the bar. If they were too drunk to walk up to the bar, he didn't want them to drink anymore anyhow.
The stranger plunked a silver piece on the bar and asked, “What's the most expensive drink you have there?”

“That'd be the coconut rum, Goblins make it”. The stranger's nose wrinkled. He didn't seem to buy that weird smelling tropical drink but abruptly smacked his hand on the wooden bar, “Sold.”

“I would never drink something smells like this, but I want to drink it now to show that we Orcs welcome our new allies Goblins and their drinks to Horde.” The stranger said.

Cimri shrugged, he knew people had weird considerations when it came to alcohol. So he kept quite this time.

The stranger gulped down a large amount of coconut rum, which caused his eyes to greatly widen. He shook his head a few times. “ It is a very strong ale, good sir, even strong if you drink in one sip.” Cimri said, as grinning. The stranger stiffined. “I had fought against Scourge, I had fought against the Lich King. How dare you say that I will fall because of a strawberry flavoured drink !” Smacked his hand on the bar again.

This stranger was not the one like others, Cimri's regular patrons wouldn't mind such things. If they
start a fight, thats because they were too drunk. This was a warrior like many others who got conscripted to fight against Scourge. Swallowing audibly, Cimri quickly said, “ I would never dream of speaking of you in anything but reverent tones, good sir. I promise.”
After a short silent, “ It was never my intent to disparage the brave Horde soldiers, good sir.” Cimri said, still sounding a bit shaky. The stranger nodded slightly. As seeing, warrior is calm, Cimri held out a hand, smiling. “My name is Cimri, I was a fisherman by trade, after joining Horde, I bought this tavern.”

Not bothering to shake the hand,the stranger swallowed another gulp of his ale, and said, “ My name is Alpaslan, I was in the regiment that fought against Scourge. The Lich King fell so we were sent back to Orgrimmar for a short time. Yet we have now another enemy.”

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.

2011 Jan 20 (Thu) 11:38 pm

Post Re: Alpaslan, lv 85 Orc Warrior
my age in RPN is 20 7 + ;)

2011 Jan 21 (Fri) 12:05 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Hey there Salim,

Liked reading your app ;)

Quote:
we had a new Raid leader, and I found his choices for raid spots very unfair, so left the guild.

This sentence got quite stuck on my cornea. Could you elaborate this a bit. What in your view is "unfair management of raidspots"?

Don't know much about warrior dps so won't try and act like I do but might pop in for more questions later :D .

Good night and good luck with the app
/ Vedder

2011 Jan 21 (Fri) 12:59 am

Vedder wrote:
Hey there Salim,

Liked reading your app ;)

Quote:
we had a new Raid leader, and I found his choices for raid spots very unfair, so left the guild.

This sentence got quite stuck on my cornea. Could you elaborate this a bit. What in your view is "unfair management of raidspots"?

Don't know much about warrior dps so won't try and act like I do but might pop in for more questions later :D .

Good night and good luck with the app
/ Vedder

Hey Vedder, thanks for the question. I will try to eleborate it, however don't want to go into detail much, because don't want to make it sound, I would reproach my old guild or raid leader.

Simply If raid leader is considering the level of his relationship with members, rather than performance of members, and giving priority to his mates for raid spots, I call it unfair.

2011 Jan 21 (Fri) 11:57 pm

I have been taken too long to reply, I am sorry for that, just had a very busy day at work. :shock:

2011 Jan 21 (Fri) 11:59 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
The application template goes out of its way, on the RP section question, to say that the most important thing is effort, and I think you and I both know that your RP section doesn't reflect that. Which is a shame, because if we hadn't been so put off by your attempt to fool us, we might have been inclined to accept this application.

2011 Jan 22 (Sat) 3:17 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]