NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 27 (Sat) 11:34 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next
Accepted: Ryelana (assassination rogue) 
Officer (Retired)

Class: Hunter
Post Accepted: Ryelana (assassination rogue)
Name: Ryelana
Race, Class, and Main Spec: Blood elf, rogue, assassination
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... ana/simple

What's your name and where are you from? Viktor, Hungary

How old are you? Please express your answer in Reverse Polish Notation. 13 2 * (Did I get this right, I wonder Oo)

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding?

Started in December 2009. I've raided ICC, ended up with 11/12 bosses down. I've played every role, melee, ranged, healer, tank. Raided the most as rogue (my first rogue, nelf), resto druid and dk tank.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.

No, it's not my main, but I play it on a daily basis. My main is Vyllara (blood dk). I roleplay the most with my lowbie lock, Daeryssa. I got a nelf druid on another server.

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?

Sin Belore. I left because my character concept and the guild's concept didn't match. Also, this is a "new Ryelana", since I found the old one's personality too passive, so she doesn't have anything to do IC with SB.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.

Other than role-playing references, I don't have much of a PvE reference, since I mostly roleplayed on this server and did the PvE on another one so far. From Luminous Path, I know Florizel, used to roleplay with him and met Xyros a few times IC too. I know some of Silvermoon's IC population, like Pest, Darilas, Sunblood, and there are a few Sin Belore people who might remember me. A friend of mine recommended Luminous Path, when I mentioned to him that I'm looking for a raiding guild.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?

My role is to be #1 in dps of course. :P Other than that, following tacts and trying my best to make that other 9 people smile too at the end of the fight.

If I'm asked to sap, I sap, if asked to be an interrupt bot, I'll be one.

If I end up dead during an encounter and it's not obvious why it happened, then I first curse the healer, then curse the boss, then check Recount to see what killed me... and finally curse myself if I find out that I did something wrong.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.

Assassination, I used to be combat back at the start of my rogue carrier, didn't like it, switched to assa after a recommendation of a friend and it worked out really good.

I spent my points following the assa thread on EJ. Threw the free point in [Deadened Nerves], in regard of survivability and healer mana.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?

I mainly read about my class at EJ.

Please provide a screenshot of your UI during raid boss or dungeon boss combat.

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/4323 ... 223841.jpg

Default Ui with a few addons: Omen, Recount, DBM, RoguePowerBars.

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.

(I chose a short IC bio. Since this is a brand new character, this is only a scratch so far. And also, sorry if it's not a short one.)

Ryelana Bloodhawk is the only child of a mad elven wizard, who now makes resident in the Eastern Plaguelands, and a vain elven sorceress, who actually got devoured by a badly chained demon recently. She was raised by her father's brother, who is the only sane person from this family.

Not long after her birth, her parents decided to put the nuisiance of bringing a child up on the shoulders of her uncle, since both of them were busy with their magical research. She didn't visit her father much during her childhood, instead she focused on her training, becoming a scout like her uncle.

After the invasion of the Scourge, the world of the elves was lying shattered, their lands in ruins. That was the time when her father moved to the Eastern Plaguelands to research the necromantic magic and that was the time, when her mother, out of her hunger for magic, turned to the fel arts. And what about her? She tried to match this feeling with acting loony, to even out the pain. She was always a light-hearted, frivolous person, with a kind soul, so that was her weapon against the sudden devastation.

She stayed at home to help rebuild the elven lands, with her uncle, while others went to Outland with the promise. Most of the other blood elves in the regiment found her a bit wicked, but gave her the proper respect, due to her uncle's reputation of being a reliable scout, and actually... his niece wasn't doing bad herself either.

However it soon turned out that she does not only like to scout, but actually to take some things she sees. In short, Ryelana is a cleptomaniac. It usually didn't get her into trouble, until she was caught in the act, later. As a result, she was expelled from the blood elven regiment that was about to go to Northrend.

After this incident, she was left there in Silvermoon without a purpose. She didn't feel this to be a great tragedy and soon, she decided that it's time to "scout" things on her own, to see the world. Before her uncle could stop her, she left Silvermoon...

At the moment, she is traveling around. More things to see, more things to steal, more opportunity to do something new... until she finds something or someone worthy of her attention, to help out...

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.

At the moment, I play on a laptop with limited capabilities. This means, I can't be really useful in 25man raids for a while, due to screen shredding.

Also, as I mentioned, Rye isn't my first rogue and I don't have many achievements and stuff on this character. I decided her to be my "main rogue" in this expansion as I prefered a rogue I can RP with too (my first rogue is on a normal server).

2011 Feb 02 (Wed) 1:45 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Post Re: Ryelana (assassination rogue)
Hello Viktor,

Ryelana wrote:
No, it's not my main, but I play it on a daily basis. My main is Vyllara (blood dk).

This comment raises the question for me of how invested you are in your character? What would you say about changing your skinning profession to a crafting profession? Also noted that you aren't at the required rep status of the factions for your shoulder and head enchants, is this currently in your plans of getting?
Your gear is currently quite behind the others that are actively raiding at the moment, have you set a date of when you want to be ready with all the availiable gear from heroics, JP's and reputation?

Ryelana wrote:
If I end up dead during an encounter and it's not obvious why it happened, then I first curse the healer, then curse the boss, then check Recount to see what killed me... and finally curse myself if I find out that I did something wrong.

Don't know if this is to be considered as a joke but do you actually blame the people around you before checking how you died if it's unclear?

All for know :D
/ Vedder

2011 Feb 02 (Wed) 11:49 am
Former Member

Class: Death Knight
Ryelana wrote:
Please provide a screenshot of your UI during raid boss or dungeon boss combat.

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/4323 ... 223841.jpg

Default Ui with a few addons: Omen, Recount, DBM, RoguePowerBars.

I don't really know much about rogues, but couple things about your UI caught my attention. Firstly I think it's good to see your Recount showing threat instead of DPS. Secondly I'd recommend changing your grp/raid UI into to the standard Blizzard raidframes. As they give all the same info(and more) the standard grp UI does, and take a lot less space. Lastly you seem to have only bound some of your abilities ?

Good luck with your application :)

2011 Feb 02 (Wed) 12:31 pm
Former Member

Class: Rogue
*wall of questions*

All I'd say about your UI is that it looks like you have everything crucial bound, but does having Kick on 0 mean you're OK with interrupts? I have to put mine on "R" and even then I'm not great at it...

As far as your spec goes, at a basic level (you have to spend most of the points in specific places) it looks great, but what made you choose deadened nerves over, for example, deadly brew or a point in imp. exposed armour? Do you often take damage that *just* kills you in PvE? I often find that if I get splatted by the boss, I get completely splatted.

Otherwise your gemming seems fine (I don't like hit gems but that's my weirdness) and reforging is great, though I saw one mastery -> haste which I would swap back.

Good luck!

2011 Feb 02 (Wed) 2:51 pm
Officer (Retired)

Vedder wrote:
Hello Viktor,

Ryelana wrote:
No, it's not my main, but I play it on a daily basis. My main is Vyllara (blood dk).

This comment raises the question for me of how invested you are in your character? What would you say about changing your skinning profession to a crafting profession? Also noted that you aren't at the required rep status of the factions for your shoulder and head enchants, is this currently in your plans of getting?
Your gear is currently quite behind the others that are actively raiding at the moment, have you set a date of when you want to be ready with all the availiable gear from heroics, JP's and reputation?

Hello,

Rep rewards are in progress and I'm grinding HCs as much as I could. Being a dps slows this down a bit when no tank friend is around, but I'm doing decent progress since I started.

I generally don't like to go double craft profession, but I have the means to do it later. I'll definetely skip it, till I can get my LW to 525.

Vedder wrote:
Ryelana wrote:

Don't know if this is to be considered as a joke but do you actually blame the people around you before checking how you died if it's unclear?
/ Vedder

Yes, it is a joke-like thingy. : $

2011 Feb 02 (Wed) 4:07 pm
Officer (Retired)

Jotra wrote:

I don't really know much about rogues, but couple things about your UI caught my attention. Firstly I think it's good to see your Recount showing threat instead of DPS. Secondly I'd recommend changing your grp/raid UI into to the standard Blizzard raidframes. As they give all the same info(and more) the standard grp UI does, and take a lot less space. Lastly you seem to have only bound some of your abilities ?

Good luck with your application :)

Thanks for the advice on the UI, I'll see to it to improve this.

2011 Feb 02 (Wed) 4:09 pm
Officer (Retired)

Zhak wrote:
*wall of questions*

All I'd say about your UI is that it looks like you have everything crucial bound, but does having Kick on 0 mean you're OK with interrupts? I have to put mine on "R" and even then I'm not great at it...

I bound it to Q. But if I did bind it to 0, no problem either, I got a hungarian keyboard, that means that the 0 button is at the left side next to 1. ^^

Zhak wrote:
As far as your spec goes, at a basic level (you have to spend most of the points in specific places) it looks great, but what made you choose deadened nerves over, for example, deadly brew or a point in imp. exposed armour? Do you often take damage that *just* kills you in PvE? I often find that if I get splatted by the boss, I get completely splatted.

There are situations when I simply can't avoid damage, aoe damage, dots, etc. I think deadly brew is kind of situational and usually there are other classes around that can provide a snare easily. At least, that's my opinion about it. If it's really needed for one fight, I can always respec for it. I don't think I will use Imp. Exposed Armor, the skill is not part of the rotation, and if the 50% misses, it's a dps loss, also, majority of my damage is from poisons and that's not affected by armor.

Zhak wrote:
Otherwise your gemming seems fine (I don't like hit gems but that's my weirdness) and reforging is great, though I saw one mastery -> haste which I would swap back.

I only have one haste -> mastery. : $

Good luck![/quote]

2011 Feb 02 (Wed) 4:35 pm
Former Member

Class: Druid
Who is your favourite boss to fight and why?

Who is your least favourite boss and why?

Have you looked at any raid bosses and if so, which ones do you think you will enjoy fighting?

2011 Feb 02 (Wed) 4:50 pm
Former Member

Class: Rogue
All I would say is that on a lot of fights, that snare is really useful, and represents a no DPS loss to you, whereas other classes have to reposition, change rotation etc. And if you maybe run without a warrior, expose armour is a real help not only to your DPS but also your fellow Melee players. But it sounds like you've thought about it and that's all I can ask for!

And I did mean mastery -> haste, my bad!

2011 Feb 02 (Wed) 5:36 pm
Officer (Retired)

Aarien wrote:
Who is your favourite boss to fight and why?

Who is your least favourite boss and why?

Have you looked at any raid bosses and if so, which ones do you think you will enjoy fighting?

I like most of the Cata bosses so far, but favorite one is maybe Setesh, I like how chaotic that fight can look. I also like Drahga, the voice acting is epic. ^^ General Husam too, fun to dodge things.

Least favorite: Ripsnarl. The adds usually die too fast. It feels I'm just hacking at them without doing anything and almost the whole fight is about the adds.

I checked out a few bosses in BWD, but didn't go further yet, none of my characters are ready for raiding yet. Magmaw looks interesting, Atramedes too with the gongs.

2011 Feb 03 (Thu) 2:00 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next