NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 28 (Sun) 6:27 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next
Accepted: Application: Wessex, Prot warrior 

Class: Warrior
Post Accepted: Application: Wessex, Prot warrior
Name: Wessex
Race, Class, and Main Spec: Tauren,Warrior,Protection
Armory Link:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/wessex/simple

What's your name and where are you from? Samuel Byström from Sweden

How old are you? Please express your answer in Reverse Polish Notation. 27 years old

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding? I have played wow since the vanila. I have done all instances except from icc. In Cataclysm i have done Halfus Wurmbreaker, Valiona& Theralion and Omnitron defence system. Though i know the tacts for all the other bosses as well.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts. I play this character 5 days a week, 10h/day

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild? My first raiding guild was Apotheosis. We had 5/12 on farm. After a while, the guild leader was not able to play anymore, and people started to leave the guild. And they stoped raiding. I got a chance to join shadowstalkers, wich was better than having no guild at all. Shadowstalkers is a very new guild and i am looking for a more skilled and coordinated which this guild seams to be, though you got some bosses on farm, that i like beacuse i think progressing is what make it fun to raid.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also. Devlinn. A DK Tank

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?My job is to have the greatest threat on either 1 target or manny target, depending on the situation. I know i do my job when for first i holding aggro of my target. Second, following the tacts for that particular boss or mob. I know that if i dont do my job correct, either i will die or a guild mate/mats will die if i have not done my job properly.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
My spec is 5/5/31. I decide to put 5 talents in arms to get Field dressing, which make it more easier to heal me. and my Devastate do more damage which is one of my main abilitys.

5 talents in fury to get more crit on shield slam. Shield slam is one of the abilitys i got that give me most threat, so increasing it will make it give even more threat. 3 talents on bloodgraze to make it slightly easier to heal me.

To spend the rest of my talents at the Prot tree, was a obvious choice, since i am tank. There are some talents in prot tree i choosed not to put any talents on. And these are:
Blood and thunder. A very good ability for hc dungeons, but in endgame instances you are more likely to CC mobs insted of tanking them all. There for i have made my char to do much as damage on a single target man on many, though i still can tank multiple targets.

Gag order. Silence a target is always nice. But there are already others in the raid that can do it more effective, so i can focus to hold aggro good as possible.
impending victory, is a very good ability, but i choosed to put on talents that make me do more damage.

safe guard. On a boss fight, if i do my job correctly, no one should pass my aggro so there for i should not have need for intervene. Intervene can be usefull when fighting mobs though, but not worth spending it for some mobs fights.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game? i Use to talk to very experienced frieands. I do look on armory on the top tanks in the world to get idea for enchants and the best gems. Though i know i can not gem exacly like they are, beacuse there gear is diferent. I have focused alot of getting my hp up for an example, but the top tanks go alot for parry and mastary gems beacuse they already got alot of hp. I do use mastary and parry enchants/ gems, so i am trying to put up the best mix for my tank with my current gear.

Please provide a screenshot of your UI during raid boss or dungeon boss combat. http://img602.imageshack.us/i/13150797.jpg/

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.
Wessex was born in Mulgore. Raised all over Azeroth. Wessex discovered at age of ten, he had a talent for protecting others from harm. He bacame more better and better on this, and is now concidered the most talented warrior in Azeroth. Since his got so manny talents for preotecting others from harm, he has start to make it do for living. He goes to he Gym of Ogrimmar on a daily bases and has improved his stamina alot.

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.

2011 Mar 01 (Tue) 12:15 pm
Former Member

Post Re: Application: Wessex, Prot warrior
hes swedish. hes protection. and he plays more then me. hes a tauren. he considers himself best of the best. i like him. what else do we need?

on a serious sidenote though.

1 do you consider your spec offtank spec or maintank spec? and would you be willing to respec for different encounters?

2 how do you act when we wipe?

3 whats the most important for a tank?

thats all for me.

2011 Mar 01 (Tue) 3:00 pm
Former Member

Class: Druid
What has been your favourite boss to tank? Why?

Also, what is your least favourite tank encounter? Why?

How did you find out about the Luminous Path?

2011 Mar 01 (Tue) 4:12 pm
Former Member

Class: Death Knight
"He goes to he Gym of Ogrimmar on a daily bases and has improved his stamina alo"

This made me laugh!. Good application, hope you get in ;)

2011 Mar 01 (Tue) 5:29 pm
Officer (Retired)

Hey there Wessex.

You mentioned you play 5 days a week, are those days set in stone like always mon - fri or is it random days each week?
As a follow to that, have you checked our raidtimes? How fitting are they for you?

2011 Mar 01 (Tue) 8:47 pm

I would consider my spec as MT spec, to take as uch damage as possible. I have no problem with to offtank in instances as well.
I know that some bosses only require one tank, so i am willing to change spec for those particular fights yes.

I try to learn much as possible from every attempts. Figure out what we could do better. Wiping is a part of the raiding.

The most important for a tank i would say is to hold aggro of his dessignated target and stick to the tacts for that fight. To be versatile when things don t go as plan and do the best of the situation.

I have only tanked 3 bosses in cat yet, though i know tacts for all bosses. But Omnitron defence system was alot of fun, beacuse you have to be alert and swap target time to time. Some Coordination is always fun:P

I have only been tanking in Cat, and i actually loved all those fights i did.

I was searching for skilled guilds at wowprogress, and saw this guild and found it very interesting.

I dont know abaut your raidtimes, but i think i think i can raid almost any time, except from the weekends.

2011 Mar 02 (Wed) 1:50 pm
Former Member

wessex wrote:
I have only tanked 3 bosses in cat yet, though i know tacts for all bosses.

I'll rephrase my question

What has been your favourite boss to tank and Why? (This can include any boss from the entire game)

Also, what is your least favourite tank encounter and Why? (Same as above)

wessex wrote:
I dont know abaut your raidtimes

To me, this comes off as a bit lazy. Purely because it is information that is really easy to find. For example

Maybe it's just me, but when applying to a guild, I like to read their entire forum before appyling. Especially the information thread

:)

2011 Mar 03 (Thu) 6:11 pm

i'll rephrase my answere, then. I have only been tanking in Cat. In the previous expansion i have played as Dps and as Healer. So among all the bosses in the game that i have been tanking, Omnitron defence system is still my favourite to tank so far, beacuse of the mechanics of the fights. Though you have to bee focused in every fights, this on require that you sharpen up even more, first you need to pay atention for the abilitys of the boss, secondly be ready to swap target. In its core i think this fight is kinda easy but it's alot of fun still.

I have no problem with your raiding times. They seams to fit me kinda well.

2011 Mar 03 (Thu) 7:15 pm

my least favourite boss to tank would be Magmaw, so far. It's very monotonous, except from when he does his numnum thingy and try to eat you, where you simply have to pop a CD.

2011 Mar 03 (Thu) 8:00 pm
Officer (Retired)

Hey there Wessex,
Could you poke me for a chat in-game. I'm usually on at 18:00 and forward during normal weekdays.

2011 Mar 07 (Mon) 2:30 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next