NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 27 (Sat) 3:31 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next
Accepted: Garnath - Shadow Priest 
Former Member

Class: Priest
Post Accepted: Garnath - Shadow Priest
Name: Garnath
Race, Class, and Main Spec: Undead Priest, Mainly Shadow but will, as soon as courage, skill and gear allows, be available as Holy. I have levelled him as holy, and rp him as such as well.
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... ath/simple

What's your name and where are you from? “Mai name is Inga, and aim from Sveden!” Well, not quite. It’s Lotta, but sadly I’ve almost got the “Inga accent”.

How old are you? Please express your answer in Reverse Polish Notation. My age in years expressed in RPN could be stated thusly: 4 5 * 3 +, and binary I am approximately 0001 0001 1001 months old.

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding? I’ve been playing since the release of BC, but since I was a bit too shy to either pug or seek out a decent raiding guild I didn’t see much of end gaming til Wrath, where I (pre cata) did naxx, OS, EoE, parts of Ulduar, ToC and 12/12 in ICC. In Wrath I was mainly shadow, but jumped in as holy when needed. I won’t bore you with more details about specc, pugging and guild raiding unless you ask for it.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts. Yes, Garnath’s my main, and almost the only character I play as of now. I play more than I should, but less than I’d like. That is a couple of hours almost each day. Since I’m working on my bachelor’s my schedule is more of a question of conscience. My most serious alt is called Kreyja, and she is a draenei paladin on Moonglade. On that server I’ve also got a nelf druid, Vindela, and a human lock called Norabelle. On Defias I’ve got a couple of bank alts that I’ll possibly use for pvp, two rogues, a belf called Anphea and an undead named Bilebreath, and a troll dk called Meljin. But all of these are more or less on ice atm.

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild? Garnath’s first guild, Queldanas Honor Guard, fell apart at the end of BC due to Drama Lamas as I recall, his second, Cargo Holders Inc. Is a bank guild of a friend of mine and of which Anphea is still a member. I took Garnie out of it to join his (and my) first raiding guild, Heritage. Since Heritage fell apart he’s been part of Worgen fur dealers in the sole purpose of getting guild perks. I know, I’m not proud of it, but I wanted to wait with applying to a serious guild until I found one that seemed to match me, and I do like guild perks.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also. To my knowledge I don’t know anyone on the Path, but some references are Mivah (formerly Meave) who can also be reached on her Zhumda. I havn’t played much with her, so she can’t vouch for my skills, but she is my sister so she can say all kinds of evil things about me. ;) A reference for my gaming expertise would be my old guild leader Nayan, or guildmate Fimbulwinter, also from Heritage.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not? As stated above I’m mainly dps, but with the hopes that I can be of use as a healer as well if needed. I think that I’ve done a good job as dps when I’ve buffed all I should, havn’t been standing in crap or stolen aggro, followed the tacts for the fight, done a decent dps, and been good company doing so. As healer the same as the above, with the small modification of keeping people alive instead of killing.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did. I didn’t dual specc to shadow until Wrath partly because I didn’t have the money, and partly because I almost always played with a mage. When I then joined Heritage they were in need of a ranged dps, and so I filled that space, and the relief of not having my friends’ lives weighing on my shoulders has made me gone soft.
I’ve made my current build so that I can both quest on my own and dps in a party or raid. Now that I have run out of quests I’m thinking of reviewing it, and am thankful for any and all pointers I can get.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game? I must admit that’s only the wowhead forums and wowwiki.

Please provide a screenshot of your UI during raid boss or dungeon boss combat. I have hopefully added the file to this topic, although I had to make it pretty small to fit within the maximum allowed size.
Attachment:
WoWScrnShot_031411_165745.jpg
WoWScrnShot_031411_165745.jpg [ 213.35 KiB | Viewed 510 times ]

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.

Garnath takes a deep breath as he lays down his pen. Good thing Eylyssa had gotten used to him “going fishing” so he could write in peace. He takes one last gander over the first sentences and hopes the elf won’t take offence of being called both brother and cousin. He could almost hear Eylyssa’s voice in his head: “Ah, you think too much of everyone else. Frell ‘em! Oh, that’s right, you’d like that waay too much, wouldn’t you?” she’d cackle, putting her claw-like hands on her bony hips.
No, it sounded way too formal, Garnath desides, but his page is too fast this time. “Oh, is that the letter? Can I see?” the boy snatches the parchment quicker than any mouse snatches a leftover cake crumble. “I’ll take it to Gryshka quicker than you... than you...” the boy bolts out on the street even before he manages to finish his sentence. “Perhaps I should have taught him the lesson of patience before that of ‘the quicker you work, the more you get to play’” Garnath thinks to himself. “But I guess my biggest problem now is where to find that fish”.

The letter is written in orcish on a browned piece of parchment with a faint whiff of cologne, presented to Thoradiel by innkeeper Gryshka

To Brother Thoradiel Lightrider of the Luminous Path

I call You brother, but might as well call You cousin. My name is Garnath of the Ashen Verdict, and I am a servant of the Light I once called Elune. In Her name I fought and died by the town of Darrowshire in what was the eastern part of Lordaeron, and by the will of the Light I broke free from the curse that was put upon me to walk my own path again. Because of the tool the Light chose to resurrect me, the Lady Sylvanas, I was no longer welcome by my former sisters and brothers, the children of Elune, and I put myself at Lady Sylvanas disposal as a warrior of the Horde, although I still hesitate to harm my former allies.
But I have come a far way from my arrogance and the bad manners I hosted as a youth, and know that if I am to continue to follow the light and heal this world I need to find allies along this same path.
I have heard good things about the followers of the Luminous Path, both from Parqual Fintallas of Undercity and sister Belestra of Silvermoon. I have heard that You stand by the Light and spread it like glittering jewels of all colours around you. I would be honoured to fight alongside such jewels, even of those colours often rejected by our brothers and sisters, because I have seen that the Light can be in us all, even those that would be called damned.

Although, I do have one concern. My companion, a most beautiful mage by the name Eylyssa, is a good friend that has stayed by my side for years and kept my feet on the ground and daggers from my back. But I fear for her. Although her exterior may seem as cold as the ice she wields she is too warm and kind for this world, and she is not ready for the darkness ahead. I know she would not let me face our coming challenges without her, so please, I ask that she could be kept oblivious as long as possible.

I would be very grateful to meet with You, and learn more of Your Path. You can ask Gryshka the innkeeper to convey messages if she does not know of my current whereabouts.

May you thrive on the path of the Light
Garnath of the Ashen Verdict

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application. I just want to add that I might not be one of the “super-mega-elite-raiders-of-doom” on this server, but I always try my best, study tacts on wowhead or tankspot (or both), prepare with flasks and food enough to share, and hope to learn as fast as possible. But the thing I find most important when raiding is that all are having a good time. A funny wipe fest is in my opinion better than an unpleasant clean run, although progress is progress.

2011 Mar 14 (Mon) 10:17 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Post Re: Garnath - Shadow Priest
Hey there Lotta,

Nice looking rp works :) , I take it from the application that you've read our general forums, and also the raidtimes. How suiting are they for you and how many do you think you'll be able to attend during the course of a month?

Also I'm not very knowlegdeable about shadow priests, but I'm sure some other people will join in and ask you some stuff on that 8-) . What I do know though is that shadow priests stat priority isn't really to gem for stamina, which you have 2 x 60+ of, why is that? Also you've chosen to enchant your weapon with mending, I'm pretty sure this isn't the best "cheap" enchant for you, wouldn't you be better of with something like Hurricane?

All for now
/Vedder

2011 Mar 14 (Mon) 11:46 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
You..I remember you..in the mou---err..Heritage! As do I know Nayan and Fimbul (now gainfully 'employed' elsewhere). Since I have spent very little time in that guild I cannot attest to your raiding capabilities but I am, however, impressed with the completeness and thoroughness of your application.

I'm not much into priesties so I'll just ask this:
- What's your opinion on the hitcap for casters, have you reached it and if not: why not and what would you like to change about that.
- Items with spirit on them, yes/no/maybe, why?

That be all for now! Thanks for applying!

Sav. 8-)

2011 Mar 14 (Mon) 11:48 pm
Former Member

Hi there, and thanks for the quick response!

To answer your questions Vedder:
Vedder wrote:
Nice looking rp works

Thank you! ^^ Havn’t written much lately, been mostly PnP RP, so was afraid I’d totally lost the touch!
Yes, I have read the forums, not every topic, but most of them, and the raidtimes are all fine by me. There might be some Sundays I won’t be able to come, but I will be able to tell you guys about it well in advance. Also, Thursday 24th I might be rushing in at the last minute cause of an exam that ends at 6pm server time. But luckily I don’t have exams every Thursday. ;)
No, the stam gems are... Well, not optimal. I’ve got them mostly cause I made some when lvling my alchemy and got a friend to cut them for free. So they will be changed to something better. Mending on the staff is pretty much the same, but that one I got when Eylyssa was lvling her enchanting, and we didn’t have mats enough for a better one (like hurricane). I figured it’s at least better than nothing! (For now)

And to Savian:
Savian wrote:
You..I remember you..in the mou---err..Heritage!

Oh, come to think of it I do remember you as well! But you didn’t stick along for too long, right? One of my finest qualities is my horrible, horrible memory! ;)
Savian wrote:
I am, however, impressed with the completeness and thoroughness of your application.
Thank you! Thought it best to give you an as fair chance as possible to get a glimpse of whom I might be.
I have no idea about what hit rating you should have for this and that class, but I do know that there is still some percents chance I’ll miss in a raid boss fight, and that’s just not good. Though I would say I’ve hit some kind of “solo cap” since I have 0% chance of missing on any dungeon bosses. If I would find a nice raiding guild however ;) , I would reforge and possibly regem for more hit to eliminate those last percentages.
Spirit I try to hog on my holy gear to get that extra healing, and they might be a good alternative since I can get hit out of spi as a SP, although I don’t see why I would claim spi items when there’re healers needing it.

Hope this answers your questions thus far!

Regards
Lotta/Garnath

2011 Mar 15 (Tue) 1:40 am
Former Member

I should clarify that this month it’s only the 24th I Might be coming in panting into vent, and Sundays in the future I Might not be able to come like one Sunday/week due to helping my mom with the dogs.

Regards

2011 Mar 15 (Tue) 1:50 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Thanks for the (once again) thorough answers, I'm satisfied, let's see if we can get some priests in this app with actual priesty questions! xD

Sav.

Edit: And damn, that's some good RP!

2011 Mar 15 (Tue) 4:15 am
Former Member

Savian wrote:
Edit: And damn, that's some good RP!

Gosh, you guys are making me blush! :oops:

I'm sorry if I'm spamming you, but reading some more on the forum made me realize I do know someone else here, Saliri aka Kailynn also from Heritage! Good to see you’re alive and well! :) (Please tell me you'll be gentle!)

2011 Mar 15 (Tue) 5:05 am
Former Member

Class: Death Knight
Very nice application overall! I do have some questions though, first of all I noticed that you say you read wowwiki and wowhead, but not elitist jerks ? I would suggest checking the shadow priest thread there every once in a while at least. Relating to this could you list the stats affecting your DPS directly from the most important to the least important ? Secondly I noticed that you haven't bound all your abilities, don't you think having stuff like SW: Death keybound would help your performace ? Also I have to say that your UI seems a bit of a mess ;) Could you list what you think are the most important addons for you to have in raiding environment ?

2011 Mar 15 (Tue) 8:11 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Hi, thanks for applying to us. Going to ask you some questions.

Whats your normal rotation in a singletarget dps fight vs a fight with 2 or more targets?

In what order would you place, Int, Crit, Haste, Mastery, Hit/Spirit?

And i see that you are not using Glyph of Shadow Word: Death, why is that?

//Arache

2011 Mar 15 (Tue) 8:54 am
Former Member

Wow, you guys are awsome at replying fast! Thank you!

Firstly Jotras questions:
I must admit that I havn’t heard about them until I read your forum. I’ve checked them out (well, their priest thread anyway) and they seem way more organized and pragmatically orientated than what I have found thus far, so I’m very thankful for getting that tip!
Well, about the stats, the smart move now would be to ctrl+c, ctrl+v elitist jerks, wouldn’t it? ;) But I’m not very smart, so I’ll just go ahead with speaking my mind. I’d prioritize in this order for my shadow build: Int>SP>hit (until somewhat capped)>haste (until capped)> crit>mastery>spi. One might consider putting spi somewhat higher in the list though, both for hit reasons and if you’re at the same time trying to get nice healing gear. Though I'd never snatch a spi item from a healer that needed it! A couple of weeks ago I’d also put mastery over crit (mostly cause I’m just in love with it), but I’ve heard it’s going to be nerfed big time for shadows at the next patch.
SW: Death is on my nr 8. :) I’ve got duplicates ‘cause I havn’t gotten it bound when I’m in shadow specc and not shadow form. Don’t worry, it’s in my rotation (when the healer isn’t too busy of course)! About my UI, yeah, I’m not the tidy kind of person, but my addons are in an even bigger mess than usually now that I’m anxiously awaiting my new computer. ^^ I mostly use DBM and recount to be honest, and for healing I’ve gotten used to healbot as well. This way I get warned about bad stuff that’s about to happen, I can see what bad stuff I’m doing to the meanies, and healbot just makes everything so much more organized!
Of course, I know I’m not an addon master, and would like to keep my addons as few as possible, gaming as go... I mean, blizzard intended, but if you have any nice suggestions I’m all ears! Can’t hurt to at least try them?

Sorry for giving you guys such long and boring answers, I’m just not good at being brief.
Anyway, about Arache’s questions:
Again, the smart choice would be mimicking Elitist Jerks, but I won’t.
In fights within the range 2<x<=4 (where x=number of mobs) I usually do:
Pain Spike, Pain Spike (to get the instant MB), VT, MB, Dev. Plague, SW: Pain, SW: Death (depending on my mana status and the grup's/raid's health I might use SW: Death somewhat sooner or not at all), MF. Keeping my dots up and MB and SW: Death on CD, and I’m usually letting my dots tick the mob dead while I’ll go on to the next dude. I’m not big on the multi dotting thing, mostly cause of the global CD. Most of the time I feel like I’m better off with spamming MF. Also, if a mob is almost down and there's no one left, or if it's the designated target, I focus on DP and SW: Death to finish him quickly. Fights with >=4 mobs I put a MS on the tank if there’s no need to focus fire.
Frankly I don’t use the SW: Death glyph cause when I glyphed I couldn’t find it, and then put them out of my mind. Besides, when lvling it wasn’t such a bad idea to have dispersion instead since it gave both faster mana regen and damage reduction. But I’ll log and look for it right away! Thank you for the reminder! :)

*Keeping fingers crossed I havn’t made a total ass of myself*

2011 Mar 15 (Tue) 11:07 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next