NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 27 (Sat) 3:20 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next
Accepted: Ailell - Holy Paladin 
Former Member

Class: Paladin
Post Accepted: Ailell - Holy Paladin
Name: Ailell
Race, Class, and Main Spec: Blood Elf Paladin, Holy
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... ell/simple

What's your name and where are you from? You can call me Emi, and I am from Scania, a region of Sweden (but I am also half-danish).

How old are you? Please express your answer in Reverse Polish Notation. I am 24 going 25. *waves cane angrily*

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding? Oh dear. I have played for ages. I started in late 2006, but my raiding career began first in the later part of early TBC on my rogue Baelshar (<3). The guild I was in downed Vashj pre-nerf and almost had KT down and I was the last rogue officer they had. The guild crumbled apart and I began raiding with my holy paladin as it was way easier to find a raiding spot as a healer (I only did most of ZA on my holydin as furthest, alas). When WotLK hit I began trying to raid on my rogue, but only did the first tier content (and some of Ulduar when I moved realm). I got a spot on my paladin (again) as holy in a guild together with my (now) ex, and did most of Ulduar. The realm me and my ex were on was dying, so we decided to cross-realm app to Ubiquity. We both got accepted, and I moved over with my paladin and soon some of my alts. I raided until ICC on my paladin doing lots of hardmodes, but I fell behind. I then did some ICC-raiding on my shadow priest on Alliance. But now, here I am, in Cata. What a long trip it have been!

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts. Hmm. I do not have a 'main' per say. I have sort of been lost and confused what character I should focus on. Or rather, on what character I am needed on. I adore my holy paladin, though, and my buddy Luminor have made me decide to focus on my paladin. Other serious alts are my rogue (Baelshar), my resto druid on Alliance (Royden), and my shadow priest on Alliance (Glorild). I play in my free time when not doing studies or taking care of my pets. So, regullary in other words.

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild? You can see some of the history above. Basically, on my old realm, guilds fell apart. But that is only a natural cycle on a dying realm. On DB, I quit Ubi because I did no longer have enough time for raiding back then. I quit TNE because I was insulted by one of the members gravely and wouldn't have it.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also. Luminor, naturally. I do not think a lot of my old buddies still play.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not? As a holy paladin I was mostly used to being a tankspam-healer pretty much ALL of my time. Even into WotLK I found myself having main priority and duty of spamming to keep the tank alive, and I do think holy paladins still excel well in this area due to our very powerful burst heals (even if we had some AoE healing given to us and buffed up in Cata). When I do a good job? When the tank is alive, of course, and I am not dead due to standing around like a fool. (Mobility is our weak spot, alas, even with Holy Shock). Mana efficency is also very important, timing the CDs and trinkets, etc. And an oom healer cannot heal, you know. But a healer with full mana and a dead tank is also a failure.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did. I personally find this holy specc I have to be ultimate for my playstyle. Word of Glory is invaluable and a free spell and I would be a fool not to choose Eternal Glory! That is basically a free heal right there. (Though, I fret about the incoming nerf to WoG). I have chosen the talents in the holy tree as obviously as it shows - everything to buff and make my healing as efficient as possible. I also chose Sacred Cleansing in case I am needed to cleanse (which I bet I am) and seeing how much magic debuffs are used in the game, why not? Now, why I chose Crusade, is because it gives 30% healing to my Holy Shock spell. I found myself using Holy Shock a lot (it also adds holy power), so 30% extra healing to it is actually very nice, in my opinion. But with all due right my talents and glyphs are something I probably could tinker around with.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game? I often visit ElitistJerks. Say what you want about them but they DO tend to have the right, good information. The paladin forums on WoW EU I often visit for interesting discussions and tips shared by other fellow holy paladins. I also have lots of personal experience since TBC with the holy paladin class though all of its changes. Also helps talking to other seasoned holy paladins I am familiar with.

Please provide a screenshot of your UI during raid boss or dungeon boss combat. I haven't really touched anything on my UI in ages to be frank. There are some addons I find are missing, but here goes as it looks like right now: http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/8159 ... leteui.jpg

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.

It had been months by now since Beawyn had contacted him. It was difficult maintaining contact with his closest sister, but it was no wonder since he had, after all, betrayed his family and his race a few years ago. Even if it had been just a few years, it had felt like eternity. But he knew his choice. He knew what he did. And he had to take the consequences of his actions. And he did, always. But it had always hurt and been a problematic road throughout it. Perhaps it was also his own fault that he was far from a friendly individual. Cocky, they would say. Tempramental? Perhaps. It was always that which got him into trouble. If not with strangers but also with his family that had now disowned him. Not to mention his mentors that all lost their temper with him. If he didn't let his prickly behaviour take up a large part of him, maybe he wouldn't been in his current position in his life? But at the same time he was grateful for his occasional contact with one of his sisters. Beawyn, naturally. Patient as a saint. Or so, she must be. Forgiving, possibly.

The plate was clunky but he still managed to grab a hold of his drink that refreshed him. He had never been a fighter. Well, not a physical fighter. Sure, he was from a ranger family originally, but it had not been his field or calling. But something about the Light, he was so receptive of it when he had, originally, stolen it when he joined the Blood Knight Brotherhood. Like a calling. Yet, an unexpected one. It was just for the sake of rebellion. But it had now became a part of him, what he was. Even if he liked denying that he was a mender or some sort of a cleric, that is what he was.

That was his talent.

He put the refreshment down on the table with a sudden slam. A low, grumpy growl escaped his lips, scowling in frustration with light emerald eyes closed as he pushed himself up from the chair with all the heavy plate covering his body. Enough! Suppose he just have to accept what he is! For now, anyway. His sister should be sending a messenger falcon any moment to help him into the right direction for him.

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application. My gear is not really that sufficient at this moment. But I spoke to Luminor and he seemed to be happy to help me with that part. I am also aiming to join as a social at first as Luminor helps me gear up (gear can always be gained, skills is up to you to judge if they are good enough for the raiding team and even if I am not considered good enough, I'd love to remain as a social!) and I am fixing my rep up with the needed factions. Oh, I also PvP and RP. Yay!

2011 Mar 24 (Thu) 2:58 am
Former Member

Post Re: Ailell - Holy Paladin
as said i do vouch.

as i started healing on (then jiander) Emi here was one i asked for help so. shes defo better then me at healing. (even though i really suck at it :D ). anyways. id be glad having her in here.

2011 Mar 24 (Thu) 3:05 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Luminor has friends? :o Nah, I'm kidding of course. Nice application, I will return with questions in a bit!

Sav.

2011 Mar 24 (Thu) 3:38 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Savian wrote:
Luminor has friends?

Hihi :D

Heya Emi,

Liked your app, you can start telling me where the region Scania is located. I've never heard of it but is it another word for Södertälje?

Secondly what pets do you have and what are their names? (I like dogs btw ;) )

Ailell wrote:
I often visit ElitistJerks. Say what you want about them but they DO tend to have the right, good information.

Nothing to say about EJ except that their information is very useful. So satisified with your answer.

Will possibly come back with more questions later :)
/ Vedder

2011 Mar 24 (Thu) 5:48 pm
Former Member

Fire questions away if you have any! c;

Vedder wrote:
Savian wrote:
Luminor has friends?

Hihi :D

Heya Emi,

Liked your app, you can start telling me where the region Scania is located. I've never heard of it but is it another word for Södertälje?

Secondly what pets do you have and what are their names? (I like dogs btw ;) )

Ailell wrote:
I often visit ElitistJerks. Say what you want about them but they DO tend to have the right, good information.

Nothing to say about EJ except that their information is very useful. So satisified with your answer.

Will possibly come back with more questions later :)
/ Vedder

Scania is the southernmost region of this country, that used to be an autonomy of Denmark. c:< Scania is also the region that gave Scandinavia it's name. Scaniae is the latin name. Skåneland is it's former name. Skåne is its modern name (seperated from Halland, Blekinge, and Bornholm). Short answer? Skåne. c:<

I have two cats (a burmese named Arthur, a siamese named Shira), and five ratties (a silverblack dumbo named Alice, a husky roan rex named Nerezza, a black-hooded pointyear named Leilah/"Hyperball", and two husky roan pointyears named Anata and Innana). My family used to own Border Collies, and one day I might get one again! Yes, I will end up living in a zoo. c':

As for ElitistJerks I have spoken to some that reject the website due to them being 'amg elitists meanie guys!'. I do not personally hang out there, I just grab the viable information.

Welcome back with questions!

2011 Mar 24 (Thu) 7:46 pm
Former Member

Class: Death Knight
Ailell wrote:
Scania is the southernmost region of this country, that used to be an autonomy of Denmark. c:< Scania is also the region that gave Scandinavia it's name. Scaniae is the latin name. Skåneland is it's former name. Skåne is its modern name (seperated from Halland, Blekinge, and Bornholm). Short answer? Skåne. c:<

Wow, thats a very thorough answer! :lol: My questions is that if we accept you on trial, how long do you think it will take for you to get your gear to about 345-350 ilvl ?

2011 Mar 24 (Thu) 8:00 pm
Officer (Retired)

Ailell wrote:
Scania is the southernmost region of this country

Haha I feel a bit stupid, I should know that. Just never actually heard it being called Scania before. Always thought of that as the truck-making company :)

Also damn that's a lot of pets :D Me likey!

2011 Mar 24 (Thu) 8:12 pm
Former Member

Jotra wrote:
Ailell wrote:

Wow, thats a very thorough answer! :lol: My questions is that if we accept you on trial, how long do you think it will take for you to get your gear to about 345-350 ilvl ?

Naturally - it's me! And depends on how long it takes for Lum's fingers to fall off from tonking. c; But it is why I aim to join first as a social. But fix some rep + drops, some craftables, and I should be ready. I am told to heal really well and with circa four years of holydin experience it is hard to exhaust me. c;

Vedder wrote:
Ailell wrote:
Scania is the southernmost region of this country

Haha I feel a bit stupid, I should know that. Just never actually heard it being called Scania before. Always thought of that as the truck-making company :)

Also damn that's a lot of pets :D Me likey!

Aye, they named their company after the region. I say we also need a company named Lappland! Evens it out. Joking aside...

I am crazy about pets, and I think I have owned nearly all possible domestic pets. All from budgies and hamsters to dogs and bunnies. c: But it's a costly but fun hobby, and I love the company (except when my cats walk all over the keyboard during heroics and BGs and the rats climbing around all over >>).

2011 Mar 24 (Thu) 8:25 pm
Former Member

haunk haunk! yes! this is proof i have friends! GAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

"pokes savians side" tihi

ill help out all i can. just ask me. but only you emi. im not boosting anyone else! (unless we get guild exp for 3 or more ppl!)

2011 Mar 24 (Thu) 11:27 pm
Officer (Retired)

You mention you haven''t really put any time in your UI for a while and are missing some addons.
Which addons will you be getting when the time comes for raiding? Would you use any other raidframes than the one blizzard offers?

2011 Mar 25 (Fri) 10:43 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next