NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 28 (Sun) 6:28 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next
Accepted: Joining the Path. Leyra Holy Paladin Application 

Class: Paladin
Post Accepted: Joining the Path. Leyra Holy Paladin Application
color=#00FF00]Name:[/color] Leyra
Race, Class, and Main Spec: Blood Elf Paladin, Holy/Prot
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/d ... yra/simple

What's your name and where are you from? My name is Sven Haese. Im from germany.

How old are you? Please express your answer in Reverse Polish Notation. Im not sure if thats correct. If not, you can contact me ingame. 12+34+

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding? Im playing since the start of BC. I had my own guild, wich is still there but kinda dead. The raids i did were all with a healing class : Kara, Gruul, Magtheridon, ICC, A bit of SSC. Naxx ( lvl 80 ) Sarth, and EoE

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts. Aye, this is my main. I love to heal. My next best char is my Disc priest. I gotta say i have 10 chars on DB. Every class. All are lvl 85 except my Warrior and my Shaman. My hunter, my dk, my priest, my mage and my druid are all ok. I play pretty often. Like 4 - 6 hours a day.

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild? I was in Bound by Blood, Blood Guard, Pandora. Thats kinda all i can remember. I left them because i didnt feel home there. They had the main group and thats it. Like a family who doesnt add new members.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also. I did an alt raid with Heidra today. And you have Savian in your guild. I was his GM in Bc. I brought him to my guild and we raided Kara and Gruul together, that was a fun time :)

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not? Im healing, thats it. Judging is your job. i do my best, thats all i can do. You have to decide if its good or bad.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did. I love to heal. I started with my Priest and BC and i never dropped healing. Im doing this for kinda 4 years now. My spec suits me well. I love word of glory. i use it as a filler. Its free and instant.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game? Elitist Jerks mainly.

Please provide a screenshot of your UI during raid boss or dungeon boss combat. Well, dont use much addons. Only healbot, a threatmeter and Xperl. And deadlyboss mods. I dont think its needed to check that. If you still need it, i'll post it later.

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.
I dont have any RP story or something, but i try to think something out :)

Leyra, Holy Warrior. Better known as the Twilight Vanquisher. Her way to aid her allies in battle is healing. Healing is her fate. The fight against the Burning Legion, demonic forces from beyond the Dark Portal made her strong. her spirit was stong enought now, to fight the lich king, arthas. She is a holy lightbringer, pure love in her soul and the opposite of the well known arthas.

Haha, im not sure if thats any good :D but you wanted me to create something, so i did. IM no rp'er and i never thought about something. So its kinda hard for me :)

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application. I wanted to join your guild at the end of BC. I like the name and i heared there are some germans in it. I never heared anything bad about your guild, or the ppl in it. I think your guild suits me well and i fit in. I would love to join you. Thanks for the chance to apply here and thanks for reading it.

2011 May 07 (Sat) 8:36 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Post Re: Joining the Path. Leyra Holy Paladin Application
Hey there Leyra,

Leyra wrote:
and i heared there are some germans in it

Afraid I have to dissapoint you here, there aren't really any germans in this guild(at least not any active ones).

On topic I have a few questions:

How comfortable are you with your off-spec and are you willing to use it if the guild needs it?

Have you checked out our normal raidtimes? If so how suiting are they for you?

According to your armory link you don't have any minor glyphs equiped, any reason for that?
In addition to this you're currently missing enchants on your weapon and your shoulders. Any plans on getting these in the near future?

2011 May 07 (Sat) 11:33 pm
Former Member

GIB HOLYDIN! GIB GIB GIB!

side note.

why did you steal my mainhand healing sword? and why is it in german? damnit. ( joke, i accidently sold/lost my mainhand the other day, trying to get a new one has failed so far. )

and srsly i cant rly understand your spec/gear/anything since its in german. ( im swedish )

2011 May 08 (Sun) 12:07 am
Officer (Retired)

You change the "de" in the link to "en", to produce this:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... yra/simple

The gear looks good! Only piece that says "replace me" would be the relic which isn't the highest priority, though I believe you can get better from inscription which would be quite simple to do.

Edit: Tattooed Eyeball

Last edited by Myisha on 2011 May 08 (Sun) 1:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

2011 May 08 (Sun) 12:42 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
I will always remember VC, my first raiding guild! Around the start of BC we did Kara and at the end of BC...we still did Kara! But we all loved it and it was great. It's that kinda atmosphere of having fun while doing raids that I always wanted again and that I found here.

So the best of luck with your app and hopefully see you around very soon!

Sav. 8-)

2011 May 08 (Sun) 12:46 am
Officer (Retired)

Just going to fire a couple questions are you Leyra, I hope you don't mind! :D

Question 1: Talent Tree

While it isn't required nor you are forced into accepting the Elitist Jerk flavour of the day in specifications (I don't), could you explain your specification choices for me, Leyra?

In particular, I am interested in the differences between your own and this specification and in your opinion what are the pro's and con's of both these specifications.

Question 2: Macro's

Are there any macro's you are using for your holydin healing, if so, could you say what they are and explain the merits of these?

2011 May 08 (Sun) 1:34 am

@Vedder

I can say, i tanked Ulduar 10 man in Lichking. And i tanked all heroics in there. but i havent tanked in Cata so far. I know how to tank but i just think, my gear isnt fine yet for tanking :) Normals aye, they are tankable, but im not the guy who jumps into anything ungeared. Its bad for the healer aka. the group.

True, i dont have a shoulder enchant and just a cheap main hand enchant. but i dont really raid, so i think its not needed for a good one since the weapon is low. Sure, i have to get a shoulder enchant, i totally forgot about that. Sorry. With a better wep and/or constant raiding im getting a better wep enchant for sure.

Aye, i have time. Everday. Im a student. Maybe there will be a day where i dont have time or im not online because of real life, but thats not that often.

Well, true, i dont have minor glyphs. And they seem useless for me. But if you like me to eq them, i get it. Its cool :)

2011 May 08 (Sun) 7:51 am

@Tauburn

Thank you. I actaully worked on my gear. I just dont like my main hand and my relic. but im getting the valor points relic today :)

I took blessed life in my build because i get hit in 5 mans alot. Not because i stand in fire or something, but it happens very often that i die from adds or something. So, the free charges i get from that save some mana, because i can heal with word of glory instead of holy light or flash heal. because tank and group members drop so fast in ZA/ZG. I love WoG because its instant and it crits alot for me. Thats maybe my own playstyle but i love it, it saves me some mana and i feel flexible. I can cast while running :)

Aye, the only thing that might be bad in my build is the Aura mastery thing. Aye, i could save my group 1 time with a silence or something. but i never wiped because of a silence. I can change my spec if you want me too, but for me it works out fine with that and i like it.

No, i dont have any macros on my holy paladin. i dont need em. I have my well programmed healbot and every needed spell has a keybind, there is just one spell to click and thats holy radiance.

2011 May 08 (Sun) 8:05 am

@Savian

Its me Soralya. She's my pvp main now and i focus on this paladin. Yeah, VC was so much fun. I'll never forget my first raid expierience, especially not with this bunch of awesome human beings. Sad that the guild broke up but maybe thats the deal. but still, awesome time we had :)

On a side note: Are you still the walking wowhead ? :)

2011 May 08 (Sun) 8:09 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Leyra wrote:
@Savian

On a side note: Are you still the walking wowhead ? :)

Maaaaaybe... ;)

2011 May 08 (Sun) 11:37 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next