NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 27 (Sat) 7:36 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to pagePrevious  1, 2
Accepted: Joining the Path. Leyra Holy Paladin Application 
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Post Re: Joining the Path. Leyra Holy Paladin Application
Hello Leyra, thank you for replying!

Leyra wrote:
Aye, the only thing that might be bad in my build is the Aura mastery thing. Aye, i could save my group 1 time with a silence or something. but i never wiped because of a silence. I can change my spec if you want me too, but for me it works out fine with that and i like it.

Not sure if you knew this, but I am going to say for your benefit in case you didn't. The value in aura mastery especially in magic heavy fights is that it enables you to provide a critical 400 resistance to the schools of magic (shadow, frost, fire). This increases the percentage mitigated by up to 40% which can make raid healing through such instances a much more simpler task. Especially on fights such as Cho'gall.

Quote:
No, i dont have any macros on my holy paladin. i dont need em. I have my well programmed healbot and every needed spell has a keybind, there is just one spell to click and thats holy radiance.

I have never used HealBot personally, and while asking a colleague, they mentioned that the mod is currently outdated, so you might want to consider some alternatives. However, I do recommend you do construct some macro's and use an addon like Clique.

As for Macro's, they are very useful for reducing the amount of buttons, even enabling you to link trinket cool downs and other things with spells, so they 'automatically' get activated without going out of your way. I always liked having "/stopcasting /cast Cleanse" as it allowed me to quickly cleanse some one in an urgent situation without having to wait for a spell to finish.

2011 May 08 (Sun) 2:57 pm

Class: Paladin
Ok, didnt know the benifits about Aura Mastery. I'll get it then. But i didnt raid the content so far, so i had no real use for it. And for the healbot. I love healbot. im useing it like 4 years now. I have all my spells linked to it. I dont know why it should be outdated. Its awsome. i have everything i need on a short mouseover panel.

Aye, macros make stuff like that easier. I consider them wehn i start raiding :)

2011 May 08 (Sun) 4:59 pm
Former Member

Macros are for nubs who dont have the skill to play otherwise. dont listen to tauburn :P

2011 May 08 (Sun) 5:36 pm

Haha. Well, i never used any macros on my healer. As i told you, i have my keybindings and my trinkets and stuff all in range. until now, i just use 3 macros. 2 on my prot warrior alt and 1 on my hunter. nice stuff for tanking and dps'ing but for healing, im not sure. I feel good enough without em :)

2011 May 08 (Sun) 7:47 pm

Edit : I upadated my gear this morning. I have the VP relic now and the healing mace from ZA. Enchanted and gemed. here is the armorylink : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... yra/simple

Its english now :D

2011 May 08 (Sun) 8:02 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Hey there Leyra,

Thanks for your answers. We have decided to grant you a trial, but before we can grant you a full membership an additional term will be added. You need to get a shoulder enchant during the trial period either by therazane rep or the inscription profession.

When you're ready whisper me, Savian, Arache, Jotra or Aarien for a /ginvite.

2011 May 08 (Sun) 9:50 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to pagePrevious  1, 2