NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 29 (Mon) 2:36 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next
Accepted: Goaostar, Affliction Warlock 

Class: Warlock
Post Accepted: Goaostar, Affliction Warlock
Name: Goaostar
Race, Class, and Main Spec: Goblin Affliction Warlock
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... %B3/simple

What's your name and where are you from? My name is Jonathan, and I am from Sweden.

How old are you? Please express your answer in Reverse Polish Notation. I'm 20 years old.

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding? Well I've been playing since Vanilla with some breaks every now and then which means since around 2005. Been endgame raiding each expansion but havent raided that much this expansion. Only killed 5/6 BWD, 4/4 BOT, 1/2 Throne of the Four winds and tried halfus/magmaw heroic out but havent killed any of them.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts. Well I used to have my Warrior as my main with item lvl 361 (former Bóyka) but nowadays I've rolled the warlock who used to be my main during Wrath of the Lich king. Have a holy paladin at 85 as alliance. I'm often online 5-6 hours a day, depends if we've got a raid or not.

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild? Well I migrated here a month ago or so from Eonar where I played with a bunch of real life mates in Pumping Iron. When at DB we joined Parabellum who's the guild I did most encounters with, but now that guild is disbanding beacuse of lack of members which makes me search for a new residence.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also. Ecóh and Sassíe on Defias Brotherhood, they will faction change any day soon though.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not? In raids I see myself as a class with different tasks. I should provide the raids with lovely stones, should be ready to use my ss as a cr and at the same time deal loads of damage.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did. I used to play destruction but since the patch and the buff of our felhunter / affliction spec I've rolled affliction. Nowadays there's 2 different types of spec you could go with if your're playing affliction, either the Drain life spec or a Shadow bolt spec. I use the Drain life spec since it's possible to do aprox 2.000 more damage per second then with the Shadow bolt spec, and It helps healers out at the same time beacuse of the self healing.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
http://www.mmo-champion.com. , Warlocks den, Elitjerks.

Please provide a screenshot of your UI during raid boss or dungeon boss combat.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/83 ... 11157.jpg/

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.

Goaostar is a kindled soul, who was found wandering aimlessly, without memory through a forests.

Goaostar has always been proud of his heritage, from the day he was born he and his brothers have fought in the name of Bilgewater Cartel. But when the fearless Worgens came, there was nothing that could be done, Goaostar found himself.. unprepared to say the least. It was at this time he knew he must pursue a greater source of power, regardless of the risk and costs. He visited the deeps of the drag in seek of the dark arts, and from then on, his discovered the power of draining people's souls. He started out as a mercenary, making a life out of killing, until it occured that he could use his powers to protect the things he cared about. From this moment and forth, Goaostar only had one mission and that was to serve the hordes and destroy everything that's in the way.

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application. Havent really have anything else in mind other then enjoy reading and hopefully I'll see you in the future :)

2011 May 12 (Thu) 8:04 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Post Re: Goaostar, Affliction Warlock
Solid app. Just missing a few enchants but that is easily fixed. Going to talk it over with the other officers just be ready for some questions.

2011 May 12 (Thu) 11:27 pm

seems fair mate, will sort them out as soon as I find any enchanter. btw seemed like the armory link wasnt that good, here you'll get another one.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... tar/simple

2011 May 12 (Thu) 11:40 pm
Officer (Retired)

Heya Goaostar,

Goaostar wrote:
Please express your answer in Reverse Polish Notation. I'm 20 years old.

That's some strange RPN :D

Anyways have you checked out our raidtimes? How do they match with your schedule?

How excited are you about hardmodes? How do you feel about spending 1-2 or even more full raidnights on only wiping?

All for now
/ Vedder

2011 May 13 (Fri) 8:09 am

I didnt understand the meaning of RPN to be honest .. haha anyways, I've always played this game with high goals, and wiping / progressing on hardmodes was the real deal for me during icc. So I dont mind doing it this expansion either :)

/ Goaostar

2011 May 13 (Fri) 11:00 am
Officer (Retired)

psst , In my flavour it's always nice to read up on the guilds general info to learn a bit more about them when you are applying to them. :P
I trust you'll find some useful info there. (including our raiddays ;) )

2011 May 13 (Fri) 11:46 am

Sorry about it mate but wedneday, thursday and sunday suits me just fine. Since I'm usually online playing everyday except some fridays - saturdays. (Ladies Nights). And about the RPN :

19 1 +

5 4 x

47 27 -

100 5 /

Abit more satiesfied? :)

Kind regards

/ Goaostar

2011 May 13 (Fri) 11:53 am
Former Member

Looks good to me:)

2011 May 13 (Fri) 12:22 pm
Former Member

Class: Death Knight
Please list 5 most important stats for you in order of importance.

What your favorite boss this tier and why ?

What are you thoughts about Firelands ?

2011 May 13 (Fri) 1:25 pm

Int is my top priority since it provides Spellpower, mana pool, and a small amount of crit. Second comes hit to the 17% cap. When I've reached the cap I'm trying to get as much haste as possible since it increases my casting speed and inscreases the quickness of my DoTs tick. It's even possible to gain an extra tick if you've got enough haste. My fourth priority is crit and then the last one is Mastery that increases all DoT damage, but I still think the damage inscreasement is to low to have it as a higher priority then the others.

And as my top encounter I'd say the Al'akir fight or Council in Bot. There's alot of things to have in mind during theese fights and I love to push myself during raids. Ofcourse full nuke on halfus pushing 30-40k is awsome as well, but aint that much to consider during the fight :)

And as an awnser to your last question I'll just say that I'm definatly waiting for firelands to be released since it seems amazing. And I will definatly continue playing during it.

/ Goaostar :)

2011 May 13 (Fri) 1:48 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next