NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 29 (Mon) 5:46 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next
Declined: Restoration Shaman Application 

Class: Shaman
Post Declined: Restoration Shaman Application
Name:
Aarush
Race, Class, and Main Spec:
Orc/Shaman/Restoration
Armory Link:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... ush/simple
What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Marcin and I'm from Poland

How old are you? Please express your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.
I am 18

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding?
I'm playing WoW since vanilla, I've hit my first level 60 just before BC came out . BC was my favourite expasion and I did a lot of end game progress there. I healed through whole Black Temple and Hyjal . I did whole WoTLK content also, except for ICC ( I didn't like it so I've made a break away from WoW , I was back for Cataclysm) During cata I was playing mostly PuG/Pvp and I haven’t experienced cataclysm raid content yet , I’m learning tactics really fast and I’m sure it won’t be a problem, I heard something like in-game boss tactics guide is about to come in 4.2.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.
Currently I've got 2 "mains" one for PvE and the other for PvP. When I'm in the mood to play PvP I just log my warrior and play arena/battlegrounds. ( warrior-http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Kric/simple). During WoTLK and BC I've played a priest healer, my first char was a rogue (alliance side on Nordrassil EU), I've almost forgot about my hunter 85 on Defias but I'm not playing it anymore :) .

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?
Let me mention only serious guilds I've been to.
During BC/WoTLK I was in The Horde Watch which after WoTLK came out turned into The Grip of Saul.
Now I'm in Idolize , it's a level 25 guild so it's nice to have mass ressurection for dungeons and perks, no one knows each other there so I think it won't be a problem to leave it

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.
For most of the time I've been playing WoW I was a solo player, I've had some RL friends here I was playing arena with , but they aren't playing anymore, so I don't think it's possible :<

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?
I'm always trying to do my best , I'm reading tactics before every raid and my attitude is always positive

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
When I created this build Spirit Link totem wasn't out yet , I'm going to get it today. I think this build fits my gameplay :).

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
Official WoW forums/mmochampion/mmochampion forums.

Please provide a screenshot of your UI during raid boss or dungeon boss combat.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/33 ... 21546.jpg/

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.
Since the cataclysm people of Orgrimmar are afraid of the elements , they do not trust shamans anymore , some of them even think that they are the ones who turned the elements against Azeroth. Aarush one of the shamans ,left Orgrimmar to cure the shattered land. After a long combat training he was ready to explore the elemental lands and calm the elements. After killing a giant leviathan called Ozumat who polluted the waterland of the Abyssal Maw and finding the fragments of the World Pillar in Deepholm Aarush is trying to find a way to calm down the fire elementals of Firelands. Aarush knows that he could not do that alone, now he is looking for friends to help him face new challenges.
Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.

2011 Jun 20 (Mon) 12:42 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Post Re: Restoration Shaman Application
Hey there Aarush,

Thanks for your application and interest in Luminous Path.
I have some questions lined up for you , try and answer them to the best of your capability.

- Could you kindly line the following stats in the prefered order for a resto shaman, spirit, crit, intellect, haste, mastery. Start with the most important one.

- What made you skip Ancestral Swiftnessin your spec?

- According to your armory you're missing 2 important glyphs, which ones are these? The minor glyphs are mostly for situational conveniance but why haven't you chosen to fill them out?

I don't want to bombard you with questions at the start so just leaving one more ;)

- Currently your gear is quite behind the normal standards after rading in this patch which we have done. What actions will you take on yourself to improve that situation for Firelands?

Looking forward to your reply
/ Vedder

2011 Jun 20 (Mon) 7:10 pm

Quote:
- Could you kindly line the following stats in the prefered order for a resto shaman, spirit, crit, intellect, haste, mastery. Start with the most important one.

Int>spi>haste>mas>crit

Quote:
- What made you skip Ancestral Swiftnessin your spec?

So far I haven't used Ghost Wolf in PvE really much, I preferred talents which improve my healing.

Quote:
- According to your armory your missing 2 important glyphs, which ones are these?

I think those are: glyph of Riptide and glyph of Stoneclaw totem ,
I have chosen glyph of water shield over riptide because to improve my mana regen , and I've never used Stoneclaw before , I prefer using Stoneskin .

Quote:
The minor glyphs are mostly for situational conveniance but why haven't you chosen to fill them out?

Hardest question, I have no idea , probably because there was always somebody who used the spell ( water walking/water breathing) on me and I never needed those spells ;) .

Quote:
- Currently your gear is quite behind the normal standards after rading in this patch which we have done. What actions will you take on yourself to improve that situation for Firelands?

So far only gear I can change by playing solo (or PuG) is chest and neck, I'm working on it (farming 1st boss of ZG and 2nd boss of vortex pinnacle ) then I will try to do my best in raids.

2011 Jun 20 (Mon) 8:29 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Quote:

Quote:
- What made you skip Ancestral Swiftness in your spec?

So far I haven't used Ghost Wolf in PvE really much, I preferred talents which improve my healing.

This talent is not only for making your ghost wolf instant, if you read the tooltip you also get a 15% increase to your movement. Even though it's hard to count the numbers for this it should increase your healing significantly.
Also noticed you haven't picked up Totemic Focus, need to ask you why and also what would change for you if you would spec it.

Not many builds go with Focused Insight, How do you use it for its best benefit?

The Glyphs that you are missing is Glyph of Riptide like you said. If you really want Water shield you should change it for your Earthliving glyph not Riptide. The second one is Glyph of Chain Heal.

A small tip for the Gear hunting is to raise your rep with Dragonmaw Clan before Ramkahen.

Also went through your gems and enchants and you seem pretty inclined to gem for the socket bonuses, why is that?
I did some fast counting and if you would do some changes you would get the following total change which should do some decent changes to your throughput:

+135 (90 with gems and 45 with enchants) to intellect with the loss of 70 spirit, 40 haste & 20crit.

Sorry if I come of as a bit attacky, there's just quite a lot of things that leaves me puzzled.

2011 Jun 20 (Mon) 11:07 pm

Thanks for your tips, now I can see I've made some mistakes, I forgot that I'm not using Focused Insight anymore , I've already changed my build and now it should work correctly I've also removed 1 point from Acuity to get Ancestral swiftness . I'm not going to change gems on my chest because I'm going to get a new one soon, I went for the socket bonus on my chest when I was lacking mana regen.

2011 Jun 20 (Mon) 11:39 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Hunter
Greetings,

There are some occasions when, for the sake of the best lineup for an encounter, someone should switch to his/her offspec. How comfortable are you playing as elemental?

2011 Jun 21 (Tue) 5:45 am

Yeah elemental is no problem for me, but I will be probably forced to play in healing gear because I still don't have the right gear for it .

2011 Jun 21 (Tue) 9:53 am
Former Member

Class: Priest
Ghello there.

Quote:
During BC/WoTLK I was in The Horde Watch which after WoTLK came out turned into The Grip of Saul.

What was your character called in that guild? Because I was in the same guild as well. You don't have to answer if you don't want to, I'm just curious if we know eachother. (Plus, possible vouching ;) )

2011 Jun 21 (Tue) 10:19 pm

Avrill - priest healer :)

2011 Jun 21 (Tue) 11:53 pm
Former Member

Class: Priest
Ah, good to see you again. I used to play Estelle, tauren fluffykin.

2011 Jun 22 (Wed) 4:42 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next