NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 29 (Mon) 2:21 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
Declined: Kezzik - Holy Priest 

Class: Priest
Post Declined: Kezzik - Holy Priest
Name: Kezzik
Race, Class, and Main Spec: Goblin Holy Priest
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Kezzik/advanced

What's your name and where are you from?
I'm 22 years old and live in Maastricht, The Netherlands (Holland). I live on my own. I play World of Warcraft during the day, in the evening and sometimes at night. I play a lot. I've started playing World of Warcraft in december 2008 and been on hooked ever since. Before that I played a relatively unknown MMORPG called Maple Story.

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding?
I did all available raids in game. I experienced WotLK raids when they were still chalenging. I defeated Lich King back in the day. I decided to leave my previous guild "Frogs of War" on the Argent Dawn realm, because of their progress. I want more, and they simply couldn't go for it. Frogs of War is a great guild with great people, yet I wanted to move on and transfered to a RP-PvP server.

I feel like I can do Heroic modes and feel like my previous guild was holding me back in what I can do. I read up on TankSpot and Elitest Jerks alot. I'm a premium member on TankSpot. I've also seen PTR encounters of the new Firelands in 4.2, and I'm totally excited about it.

Currently I completed Bastion of Twilight on Normal mode in full. I killed Halfus on Heroic. I killed the Conclave of Wind + Al'Akir in Throne of the Four Winds and killed up to and including Chimereon in Blackwing Descent.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.
I have no Alts. So yes, this is my main. I am an achievement hunter. I have almost 10k achievement points, with some rare Feat of Strenght's too. My most prestigious achievement is [Insane in the Membrane]. When not raiding, I spend my time huting points.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.
Click here to go to the Armory and see my previous guild. If you need to you can contact the guild master or people ranked as Rank 2.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?
Let's start off with my secondary spec, since it's the shortest answer of my two specs. I'll be completely honest here. My offspec is utterly useless for raiding, unless you want to raid Stormwind City, haha. As stated in my application my offspec is Shadow and PvP oriented, with fitting gear. I don't have non-PvP dps gear on my character at the moment.

My mainspec is holy, and is great for a raid when you co-up with healers who focus on single target spells. Holy is an awesome spec for raid-wide healing. With some very powerful spells that are holy-only, like Circle of Healing and the infamous Lightwell. Since Holy is about healing and not about preventing damage, like Discipline, we get a good AoE Mastery skill to go with it and a panic button who saves a target from dying!

Then there is Chakra, the core of Holy spec since the talent tree revamps were introduced. A great spell mechanic if you ask me. It makes Holy priests a lot more versatile. Changing your Chakra as a priest means you go from an amazing powerful raid healer to a semi-powerfull single target healer or vice versa, adapting to your situation is essential and can be lifesaving.

The downside on Holy is that it costs a lot of mana to cast all those AoE healing spells, so the caster needs to know how his mana works and when to pull those cooldowns. Holy can be a less effective healing spec when the raid does not make use of Lightwell. As you can see Holy is a combination of serveral factors and is heavy influenced by the player playing the character.

One of the main differences is timing. When do I use that big heal? When do I pull that cooldown? Nobody likes overhealing. Especially not in Cataclysm. In most encounters there is no need to top off every member in your raid all the time. An exceptional player needs to have a high raid awereness and should know when heavy damage is to hit the raid. With the mana issue in the back of your head. I'm not saying a healer should be cheap on heals by using less powerfull heals and saving mana. When a big heal is needed you cast it. A dead player can't tank, can't heal and can't dps.

So what really makes one exceptional? Good timing, conserving mana, predicting damage and quick thinking.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
ElitistJerks, TankSpot and MMO-Champion.

Please provide a screenshot of your UI during raid boss or dungeon boss combat.
I recently upgraded my computer with a very sexy new graphics card. I'm happy to show off my UI. I guess it differs a lot from most people's UI but I can play with it fine. Carefull! Big image! Click the link below:
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/9731/wowscrnshot062611021549.jpg

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.
I used to Roleplay a lot on Argent Dawn. Since a while I've been a Goblin and I must say I love it. The stereotypical misschief and greed is a nice thing to throw in a personality. My Goblin is Chief Royal Engineer in Explosives Department 2X-00T. She's an expert when it comes to making things explode. Good for her, she can quickly recover after a malfunction.

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.
Talent spec: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bchZfurrRzrkczoh:Vzo0qzzV0
I think my talent tree is pretty straight forward. The only tweak I can imagne is getting State of Mind which I think is that not usefull. With two points in it, it lowers the cooldown of my Chakra by six seconds. My main Chakra state will be Serenity. In raid mechanics, you can calculate where there is a phase to stack up and raid heal (like Red vial on Maloriak). If I would be asked to put points in State of Mind I would take them out of Darkness, which gives a 3% extra haste.

Gemming:
My priority list would be: Intellect > Spirit > Mastery > Haste > Crit. I apply the following rules to my gemming:

- Always 40 int gem unless one of the following applies:
> Socket bonus gives at least 10 Intellect
> Socket bonus gives at least 20 stat of Spirit or Mastery

Reforging is staight forward. Reforge to Spirit if possible, otherwise Mastery. Rather take away Crit over Haste.

For now I'll be awaiting your response.

Kind Regards,

Chief Royal Engineer Kezzik

P.S. I combined some questions in the template into one, simply because the answers relate to eachother. I hope you don't mind.

2011 Jun 26 (Sun) 2:24 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Post Re: Kezzik - Holy Priest
Hey there! Before the class-specific questions start raining down on you from our resident priests, I got a few other ones for you!

- Didn't quite catch your name from the post ;)
- Could you pretty please flesh out your RP section. Doesn't have to be a novel, but a short story would be much appreciated
- You say you consider yourself held back by your old guild and that you want to do more and harder raids. So that brings me to the following: we are currently on a summer break even with 4.2 around the corner. I know a group of very capable guys and girls in the guild will pug Firelands until the break is over but will this be suitable enough for you?

Good luck with the app, looking forward to your answers!

Sav. 8-)

2011 Jun 26 (Sun) 3:46 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Thanks for your app. Which would you say is holy priests stengths and weaknesses in different fights?
And also which is your favorite boss encounter and why.

/ arache

2011 Jun 26 (Sun) 8:39 pm
Former Member

Class: Priest
As the resident priest of the guild, there are a few things that I'd like you to clarify for me.

1: Since you said Spirit is very important for a priest, can you explain why you are using non-spirit items like your cloak and shoulders?
2: Your staff has Power Torrent. Why did you choose that enchant over Heartsong?
3: Glyph of Dispel Magic vs Glyph of Mass Dispel. Why did you choose the former?
4: Surge of Light vs Veiled Shadows. Explain your choice.

I'm not saying your choices are wrong, I'm interested in your thought behind them.

2011 Jun 26 (Sun) 10:30 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Declining this due to lack of interest...

2011 Jun 30 (Thu) 1:35 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]