NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 29 (Mon) 2:33 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next
Accepted: Aleerim Forsaken Holy Priest 
Former Member

Class: Priest
Post Accepted: Aleerim Forsaken Holy Priest
Name: Aleerim
Race, Class, and Main Spec: Forsaken Priest Holy
Armory Link:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... d/Aleerim/

What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Adam and I come from Mazurian Lakeland in Poland

How old are you? Please express your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.
12 8 +
How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding?
I have been playing since Vanilla.
I have killed in appropriate time :
Vanilla: AQ - up to Twins
TBC: Sunwell up to Twins
Wrath: Cleared 10 man HC content
Cata: I haven't raided yet. Managed to kill 4/6 BWD and 1/4 BoT in PuGs

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.

It is my only 85 character at the moment. I play at least few hours a day. In the past I have always played as healer. Priest in Vanilla. Resto Druid in TBC and Resto Shaman in Wrath. I have always played the class needed most by my guild. I have killed LK hc with disci priest leveled only for that fight due to mechanic of Infest.

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?

I have played before on Wildhammer. However, my friends, the guild Scoia Tael got burned our after release of Cata so I had no point to level up to 85 on that server. I decided it's time to fresh start after 4 years in Wildhammer.

I have joined a social guild Blood Guard. There's not enough people interested in raiding here so I have talked with officers and decided to look for new place for me :)

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.

Taerr, my current officer in Blood Guard.
Kailara from Wildhammer - the main healer in my 10 man group

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?

Well, I believe that the holy priest main value is more of utility rather than strict heal output. No other class is able to enhance other raid members ability to survive movement mechanic. Body and Soul + Life Grip is able to change the wipe into a kill. I have found a use of it at LK hc when someone important ( tank healer) was trapped in defile. At Halion you could body and soul someone to get him out of the raid and dispel quickly. I'm still trying to find out more ways to use B&S and life grip in Cata. PuGs only gave me ability to get people out of the bad stuff or get them into group to dispell Blackout at Dragon Twins for example. After the Firelands I had honor to raid with you I came up with an idea to lifegrip people behind traps to get add in prison.

When it comes to healing, we are able to judge chakra enabling us to take on 2 different styles of healing depending on which is the most needed at the moment. For example during Magmaw I take on Single Healing Stance at start - instant heal + renew at tank is all you need to survie - however when he begins to lava spit I can take the Aoe Heal Stance which is activate with the first Prayer of Healing - increasing the healing out put through CoH or the Sanctuary or making heals more efficient when you use prayer of healing.

I think there are few tricks of the trade you, and your raid, have to get used to. Prayer of Mending is one of the most mana efficient and useful heals in our hands if worked with correctly. You have to constantly track the number of stacks and watch if it didn't get stuck on a pet or any other member which is not likely to take dmg. You have to know the encounter too. Since the single aoe hit on raid will be much worse situation to use prayer of mending than for example aoe ticking dot. The second and laughed at through 3 expansions ability is light well. It can save a raid member life. However, you have to think where is the best location to place it to make it clearly visible and handy to use. You have to know whenever it will be the ranged or melee which is most likely to take dmg. For example at magmaw it is the best spot to place it is between the 2 spots where you drop parasites - so people are able to take it while running after Pillar of Flame.

It seems I have created a huge wall of text...

However, there is one more thing I have to tell you about my lovely class :) The last thing you have to think about are your mana cds. All 3 of them Shadowfiend, Hymn of Hope + Potion of mana/Concentration are not straight forward and tricky. Should the shadowfiend be used just when you hit 50% to get him twice ? Or should I wait for a phase when dmg is taken by boss is increased to help the raid meet the enrage timer ? Or should I time it with Hymn of Hope to get bigger amount of mana. Is the situation save enough to use Hymn of Hope or Potion of Concentration? Or should I quickly pop a simple mana potion ....

However, I'm have adapted to new way of healing and some of the old tricks still work so I follow my intuition now :)

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.

Well, I have read through Tankspot and other elitist jerks after cata and decided to follow this build. The choices I have made apart from the core talents which simply have to be taken are:

I took Veiled shadows instead of Darkness - I might changed it but all hard encounters didnt really push me to the edge of mana. If I will feel comfortable enough with my mana pool I will go for haste instead of chance of pushing an extra shadow fiend into fight.

I have seen some people were taking Blessed Resilience instead of spirit of redemption + light well. As I said before I believe that properly used Light Well is a great tool for just one point. When it comes to spirit of redemption, when the healer dies it is one of the toughest moments - I could be assigned to a specific task like healing rebuffs/tank/offtank. Spirit of Redemption gives other the time to adapt and I'm able to push out heavy healing without worrying about mana. ( I can cheat mass rez too as you have seen ;D)

The other controversial talents might be rapid renewal and body and soul, but as i've said I have seen body and soul save me from wipe many times and Rapid Renewal simple just too much mana intensive and spam renewing just doesn't exists any more.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?

Elitist jerks, Tank spot, MMO-Champion

Please provide a screenshot of your UI during raid boss or dungeon boss combat.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-image/43/ ... 23722.jpg/
[color=#00FF00]Roleplaying Section:

'Ah, home, sweet home'

The moans of dieing monks filled the Scarlet Monastery.

'Focus, focus!' the undead mumbled to himself impatiently 'Second row, third shelve, fifth book on the right..... Where is that bloody book!'

He had spent years here, in this library, but he felt that these once glorious halls had become sinister and wicked. 'As I did' he grinned widely looking at his blood stained claws.

At last, he found his way in labyrinth of bookshelves when the air filled with a dramatic howl and mad chuckle. The young priestess rushed flashed in front of him. The moment after he heard the sound of the metal crushing bone and a terrible cry behind the shelve.

He found his goblin mercenary smashing the lifeless corpse with a mace in berserker rage. 'Eogar! Get out of my sight!' yelled the undead. The priestess was holding a dusty tome in her hand. The book looked familiar.

'This codex will guide me to the right path... The Luminous Path'

2011 Jun 30 (Thu) 11:09 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Post Re: Aleerim Forsaken Holy Priest
Very nice and complete app! Awaiting the invasion of our priests now 8-) Good luck!

2011 Jun 30 (Thu) 11:23 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Hello again, Aleerim!

Good luck with your application.

2011 Jun 30 (Thu) 11:24 pm
Officer (Retired)

Hey there Aleerim,

Thanks for your interest in Luminous Path and also thanks for the spot you filled yesterday :) .

First things first, it seems battlenet is currently unavailiable, so could you do us the favour of copying your spec and glyphs on a wowhead calculator or similar and post it here please.

Aleerim wrote:
As I said before I believe that properly used Light Well is a great tool for just one point
The only reason why we are currently recruiting a holy priest is because of that talent :D

Jokes aside, have you checked our raidtimes? If so how suiting are they for you?
We are currently on "summertime" which means that the full 3 days/week of raiding will not commence until early august, would that be a problem for you? We will still ofcourse arrange raids and fill the missing spots with pugs, but might not be 3 nights a week.

2011 Jun 30 (Thu) 11:35 pm
Former Member

Well, I used to raid Friday/Saturday which provoked situations like having to choose between a party or raid :) I'm looking forward for having those days free with your raid schedule :) I used to found the 4th hour of raid highly unproductive so I take the idea of only 3 hours raid positive... (still I will have to use my extra hour of flask for something, dailies maybe ;D )

Holy spec
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bchZfurrR ... :oV00qzzmV

Offspec ( It's a pvp spec - if it's highly needed I can respec back and forth before and after arena but I wish I could be able to kill some alliance dogs when not raiding ;D )
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfhMrosbforocuM:mqkqrocVz

2011 Jul 01 (Fri) 12:11 am
Former Member

Since Battle.net is down, I cannot comment on your gearing. You also don't seem to appear on WoW-Heroes for whatever reason.

As our resident healing priest, I do have some things where I'd like you to explain your choices.

1: Glyph of Lightwell vs Glyph of Flash Heal. You said yourself that Lightwell is a very powerful talent when used correctly, and the requirement on GoFL is quite high to warrant it's effectiveness.

2: Have you experimented with the effectiveness of Chakra dancing in a 'normal' raid, where you're a raid healer? Because I can only think of 1 encounter that would be good for it, which is Chimaeron.

3: What is/has been your favorite encounter to heal? Can be any expansion.

I will check for your gearing some other time. Though I must say, it seems like you know your stuff from what I can read here. One of the most extensive apps we've had a quite a while

2011 Jul 01 (Fri) 1:26 am
Former Member

Class: Death Knight
Glad to see you apply :)

2011 Jul 01 (Fri) 5:36 am
Former Member

hes got my vote for what it is worth. im sick of only being healed by kailynn and vedder :P

Ps. in my own oppinion the shadowfiend should be used whenever you have lost enough mana not to get any wasted mana of his attacks, so in pointwise.

1 will my manapool go above 100% mana if i use shadowfiend now?

2 does the boss somehow kill him prematurely or dissapear within my shadowfiends lifespawn?

3 use it if both are yesses.

my oppinion :P i just wanted to say something to mock kailynn aswell. since he was buffed this patch.

2011 Jul 01 (Fri) 7:56 am
Officer (Retired)

Luminor wrote:
3 use it if both are yesses.

Think you mean use it if both scenarios are no'ses 8-)

2011 Jul 01 (Fri) 10:02 am
Former Member

1) Well, Lightwell is one of my favourite tools but it isn't PuG friendly :) tbh I was thinking about replacing it after Vedder said you are pro Lightwell. In PuG situation I used flash heal only in dramatic situations where that 10% under 25% could save the day.

2) As I said above
Magmaw gives a chance to dance chakra. Parasites + single target bolts - Single healing chakra - go into aoe and sanctuary as soon as he casts lava spit.

Omnitron defense system - as long as Magmatron wasn't in the deck I was in single healing chakra to help keep the tanks up - when Magmatron was showing up it was vital to heal through his aoe even without that 10% crit to heal Acquiring Target

Maloriak in fire phase where everyone is in one spot is the good place to use sanctuary - while in other where the tank and offtank are getting steady dmg keeping up renew on them is vital

And as you said Chimaeron - where aoe heal is simply useless before the aoe phase

3) Well, the problem with healing fights in before was it was spammy - in TBC I was chucking 20 mana potions a raid - basicly every cd. In wrath I could keep up Shield on every target in 10 man raid. The most fun fights where the one's that required me to do something in addition to healing like:

Lady Vashj - I was at edge healing melee in second phase - had to help nuke the adds when needed keep track of all assigned melees debufs + always position myself where it's needed to get the ball and then pass it to the one near pillar.If someone failed I felt like in some kind school game :D We were passing it even between 5 people just to get it where it's needed :) I was literally rolling on the floor when she died for the first time :)

The champions in ToC - the arena came to raid :). I was never before Cata a serious pvp player so this fight was so exciting. Playing as resto shaman at that time, I found myself purging and dispelling more than doing heals. It was very challenging to balance all of those things since that encounter was so shifting and unpredictable that we were never sure of a clean kill even after we got our first wolf

I could say LK hc due to mechanics but it was a quite frustrating fight where I had to run around like madman and refresh 10 shields every infest - being able to put a penance in between.

2011 Jul 01 (Fri) 10:16 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next