NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 29 (Mon) 1:46 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page1, 2, 3  Next
Accepted: Application - Obodo Arcane Mage 

Class: Mage
Post Accepted: Application - Obodo Arcane Mage
Name:Obodo
Race, Class, and Main Spec:Goblin, Mage, Arcane
Armory Link:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Obodo/simple

What's your name and where are you from?Harry Mee, England, Nottingham

How old are you? Please express your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.17

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding?Played Since Vanila, but only started really raiding in TBC, I raided Zul'Amen but never Black Temple as a mage. Once WOTLK was released I made a Death Knight and raided Naxaramas, Ulduar, Trial Of The Crusader, and ICC. I then got hacked and had to create a new account, I made Obodo and raided ICC and Trial Of The Grand Crusader, killed all last bosses in all raids besides last Ulduar and didn't get the last boss down in Trail of The Grand Crusader. Once Cataclysm was released I killed Mag'maw and then stopped raiding because I was busy with school work. Now that i have finished school, I have a lot more time and now have killed 5/6 in Black Wing Decent.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts. Obodo is my main and I will play this character more or less every day. I don't really have an serious alts.

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild? My first raiding guild was on my Death Knight which was The Unsung Heroes. We raided Naxaramas killing all bosses. This guild broke up because the guild Leader realm changed. My Death Knights next guild that was a serious raiding guild was The Soulflyer Syndicate, sadly left this guild as I had a brake from wow for 2-3 months. When I came back i played for about a month and then got hacked so made Obodo(troll) I then pugged all my next raids and got into some semi-guild runs for grand-crusador and ICC. ( got race change to goblin) Cataclysm was then released and I joined Nether Syndicate, we killed the first boss Mag'Maw and then leaders left the guild as they didn't have time to run a guild. I then joined the Nameless as a social member and therefore wish to leave to join a raiding guild.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also. Defias Brotherhood: Sharonn - Shaman, ( haven't really kept in contact with any of people from previous guilds so don't have people to reference from)

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not? My role as a Arcane Mage is mainly to DPS, I do however need to know when to spell-steal buffs and to Counter spell and interrupt spell casting on certain encounters. I judge whether or not I am doing a good job by looking at my DPS and whether or not I am getting the interrupts and making sure I do what I am told when I need to.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did. I choice arcane because I believe it is the best for raiding, as fire can be good for movement and Aoe, Arcane if for Single target dps. And Most encounters are single target and therefore I choose arcane as a main spec. I spent my talent points the way I did to optimise my DPS overall.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?I read about Mage normally on Elitist Jerks.

Please provide a screenshot of your UI during raid boss or dungeon boss combat.

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.(I'm really bad at these) Once the Cataclysm Hit, The volcano on my home island was reawakened and me and my family had no choice but to buy one of those stupid ticket's to get on a ship to safety. Me and My family thought we we're safe until we got forced into slavery. The Suddenly we had landed in the middle of war, and our ship was wrecked, I survived, My wife and child died in the ship wreck, I tried to save them, but just couldn't find them. The survivors and I had no idea where we were but we found help, given by Thrall him self, The Horde saved me and I owe my life to them. Since then, I have grown in power. I now fight on the Molten Front. I will not stop fighting until Ragnaros and Death Wing have fallen and Azeroth repaired.

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.

2011 Jul 03 (Sun) 4:50 pm

Post Re: Application - Obodo Arcane Mage
I don't think the image uploaded here it is again!:)

Attachments:
File comment: UI
UI.jpg
UI.jpg [ 219.12 KiB | Viewed 524 times ]
2011 Jul 03 (Sun) 4:56 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Hello there, Obodo!

I am sure Savian will be popping in soon from around the corner to ask you a couple more questions.

I noticed something with your UI which isn't important but might assist you. If you type in /xperl , go to party, then on the left side there is "Spacing". If you increase that number, it would make the party less cramped which might make it eaiser/less messy for you.

2011 Jul 03 (Sun) 5:52 pm

Thank Been trying to figure that out for ages :P hehe

2011 Jul 03 (Sun) 6:05 pm
Former Member

Class: Death Knight
Obodo wrote:
I then got hacked and had to create a new account

Could you elaborate on this a bit ? In my experience GMs restore your stuff if you get hacked.

2011 Jul 03 (Sun) 6:08 pm
Officer (Retired)

Hey there and welcome! I see my coming has been foretold already hrm...

Some question off the fly!
- Could you pretty please personalize your RP story a bit more? Doesn't have to be 1000 words, just a bit more about your character
- I see that you're currently under aged, will that be an issue when it comes to raiding times? I.e., will your parents tell you when it's enough or pull the plug?
- Have you seen our raiding times, schedule and current summer situation and what are your thoughts on it?

- I see you've gone for the 'cookiecutter' Arcane spec, can you explain some of the most important things you have in there?
- Could you argue for going with Nether Vortex over Fire Power?
- What's the current hitcap for mages and what are the stat priorities?

Sorry for the wall of 1000 questions, but I always get so excited when mages apply :D I'm getting so lonely on the roster....

Sav. 8-)

2011 Jul 03 (Sun) 6:17 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
A quick question about your talents.

Why dont you have Incanters absorption and prismatic cloak?

2011 Jul 03 (Sun) 6:31 pm

Oh wow, i just answered all questions in a big reply and it didn't submit. I will answer again shortly. :)

2011 Jul 03 (Sun) 6:53 pm

When I got hacked, I got my stuff back, then I got hacked again and again and again, overall I had to change my password about 10 times and I wiped my pc and reinstalled wow about 10 times too. Blizzard kept saying its my pc when it wasn't and I got fed up and just created a new account.

2011 Jul 03 (Sun) 6:57 pm

Will Personalise my Story soon! :P

No need to worry about my parent's, I can play when ever I like, they will not say when enough is enough or pull the plug! :)
I have not seen your raiding times and cannot seem to find them on the website, could you please tell me them or link me the page, will be appreciated.
- I see you've gone for the 'cookiecutter' Arcane spec, can you explain some of the most important things you have in there?
I went for Nether Vortex instead of Fire Power simply because of Torment The Week, as you know this increases damage by 6% when the target is slowed. Therefore Nether Vortex is seen as more important to me as it will apply slow on automatically, this makes it easier for me as i do not have to apply the de buff manually using the spell. I do use Fire Orb however i believe i benefit more from the slow effect rather than an explosion.

Now my stats at the moment are pretty poor. The stat priority is intellect>Hit>Mastery>Crit>haste. I have been low on gold for a while and had to live with the stats i have but now i am making gold again and my stats will improve very soon.

2011 Jul 03 (Sun) 7:05 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page1, 2, 3  Next