NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 29 (Mon) 1:27 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
Declined: Application - Goldiger - Protection/Fury Warrior 

Class: Warrior
Post Declined: Application - Goldiger - Protection/Fury Warrior
color=#00FF00]Name:[/color] Goldiger
Race, Class, and Main Spec: Orc Warrior, Protection
Armory Link:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... r/advanced
http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/eu/ ... /goldiger/
What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Dmitriy, and i am from Russian Federation
How old are you? Please express your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.
How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding?
I've started playing during TBC. Haven't raided during TBC at all, i was just a casual player. During wotlk I've raided with pugs mostly, cleared all of the raids in normals and tried few HC's. In the beginning of cata I became rather hardcore raider and cleared BoT, 5/6 BWD during January, and after that I took a break. I came back week ago, that is why I am rather low geared.
Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts. Yes, that is my main. I don't have any serious alts, only 46 lvl shaman. That is why all the time I play I usually spend on my warr.

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild? During TBC I was in a social guild named Atlantide. Then I moved to russian servers, joined few raiding guilds, nothing serious. In the end of Wotlk I was playing at Ravenholdt realm with friends, and at start of cata joined Tained. Raided with them until I took a break, and during that break guild unfortunately fell apart.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.
Some Tainted members that joined paradox - Farimir, Zapek. Also you can ask Rhazzamatazz and Resjin.
What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?As a tank I should keep boss and adds away from other raid members, at some encounters I also should take as less damage as possible. If I don't loose aggro and don't take unnecessary damage i think I am doing my job well. Sometimes I should use my CD's carefully, for example bers rage to remove fear effects, etc.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
It is kind of Aoe/Single target build in one. I made that spec for HC's mostly, cause in normal pug raids there is no need for some extra TPS at bosses, and during trash it makes my life much easier.
There are lots of important talents, and I cant say that making spec is a very hard thing in cata. The only problem is to choose additional talents from fury/arms specs.
Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
Yes, I watch some youtube videos and read some guides at forums, trying to puck up something useful for me, and testing it in game.

Please provide a screenshot of your UI during raid boss or dungeon boss combat.
Sorry, don't think I have any raid or dungeon boss screenshot atm, and my addons lags a bit. It looks the same during encounter, the only addition is DBM.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/801/21757934.png/ with shift unhold
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/84/22146420.png/ with shift hold.

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.
I am part of a "true" horde, old warrior who had seen lots of strange things in his life, but I am still up for a good fight. Goldiger, of course, is just an alias given by friends for my mining skills. After spending all my money for weapons and training, I've moved to the Draenor to know what happened to my race, that stayed there. War with Lich King made me stronger, and now I am going to defend this world along with other horde soldiers.
Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.
After brief brake I had I am not very good geared and experienced, well it probably looks so. But in fact I am very good player, 100% concentrated during fights, and I try to learn more to get on top each time I have a chance to.

2011 Jul 03 (Sun) 11:57 pm

Post Re: Application - Goldiger - Protection/Fury Warrior
Btw, I forgot to add, that Ill be off till 15 july, is it a problem?

2011 Jul 04 (Mon) 12:00 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Hey there Dmitriy,

Thanks for your application and interest.

Could you please let me know what keys you press to move around with?
There's alot of keybinds showing on your UI picture that leaves me a bit puzzled, perhaps you can help me understand them.

Thunderclap, Enraged Regeneration, Vigilance, Commanding Shout, Shield Block, Heroic Leap, Revenge, Pummel, Taunt and Charge are currently not visable on your UI. Do you keep them hidden in some macros, do you raid with your spellbook open to click these abilities or have you just "forgotten" about them?

Some other abilities are there but have quite wierd keybinds or no keybinds at all:
Disarm (alt-7), Battle Shout (alt-8), Heroic Strike (8), Cleave (9), Challenging Shout ('), Victory Rush (-), Berserker Rage (=), Rallying Cry (not bound)
Are you clicking these abilities with your mouse or moving any of your hands away from their original positions to assist with these spells or have I just misunderstood the concept of them as your using a Russian keyboard (if that would change the thing)?

Also how would you activate your "use" trinkets if you would have one? And also do you use the racial trait given to orcs that is Blood Fury, if so how?

All for now :)
/ Vedder

2011 Jul 04 (Mon) 1:50 am

To move I use WASD+holding 2 mouse buttons.
As you can see here http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/801/21757934.png/ (this one with shift unhold) i have taunt on `; thunder clap on 5; shield block on 3; charge on middle mouse button, etc(pummel and revenge are also here, you have probably skipped 1st screenshot).
enraged regeneration is iside of last stand macro:
#showtooltip
/cast Last Stand
/cast Enraged Regeneration
/cast Berserker Rage
/use Healthstone
/use Earthen Potion
I would also add here "use" trinkets, or into shield wall macro.
Vigilance is on my second bar. Alt-7, Alt-8, - and = are binded to my mouse(i have additional buttons on it). "`" button is just to the left from "1" so it is very useful. My racial is inside of berserker rage, cause I usually use it during pull, it helps me to get agro. I don't know how to bind heroic strike cleave and rallying cry yet, I am working on it now.
Hope that I have answered all of your questions, thanks for answering that fast.

2011 Jul 04 (Mon) 9:23 am
Former Member

*a message arrives in Goldigers mail box*

Hello you!

I am T J I V I, from Kezan.. A goblin you can say mr orc, I wield swords,maces and axe's and my shield, which ever fits the day. I heard your into smashing and slaming aswell?
Good to hear we could use another for suree mr orc.

OOC:

I tank sometimes in the guild. So I've got a few questions for you.

What abilities do you use when you start a tank and spank boss fight?
Please name the first four abilities.

Regarding gear:
Your wow armory shows your fury gear atm, so I checked the wow heroes page.

Could you show me how you prio your stats? also explain briefly why.
(stm,hit,expertise,mastery,dodge,parry)

And how do you prepare you character for raiding?

Looking forward to the answers and good luck with the application.

2011 Jul 04 (Mon) 1:51 pm

Shout+Bers. Rage+ Blood Fury before pull.
Charge(if possible)+shield block->Shield slam->revenge(if possible)->devastate/thunder clap(depends)+heroic strike. Sometimes i pull with heroic throw+taunt if i have to move boss from start.
After that I use demo shout and rend, hold them on boss and spam devastate with shield slam/revenge on CD+heroic strike.

There is no need to get much hit atm, cause pummel and taunt don't miss anymore, but it looks like 3.5% is not enough for good tps, sometimes miss with sslam or devastate at pull, that aint really good, I'll probably get it up to 4.5-5%. Same with exp, if I dont have huge tps problems, no need to get it up. Now lots of items have exp on it, so it is not very hard to get capped. I prefer parry>dodge cause of hold the line talent. Still I don't want difference between them more than 3-4% because of DR. With my current trinkets i get 1600 dodge every 60 seconds + Wwalk enchant, that is why i have 4.3% difference. Mastery is rather good stat for prot warrior, cause he is the only tank with critical blocks, and also it gives lots of block. It goes up from items and there is no need to focus on it. Atm i am trying to get >100% avoidance with shield block up because of it's mechanic. If I use it without procs it gives me 2% more crit block atm, and with trinkets and wwalk up to 10%. I don't like stam trinks much because of that, and also 5k hp they give wont barely save me from death imo. But all top trinks have stam on it atm, and I will have to change my ofc. Working on getting scales of life atm. In my opinion warrior is more avoidance tank than dummy for beating with tonn of HP.

I get food/flasks etc ofc, check my addons, macros. Read tacts if raid is new for me. Don't know what else actually. Getting new cool gear during my spare time)

2011 Jul 04 (Mon) 2:41 pm
Former Member

Alrite it sounds good, you know what you are looking for.

Regarding the last question about how to prepare for raiding I was mainly thinking about glyphs.

Don't forget to bring alot of switch glyph powder and most of the warrior glyphs. Sometimes you'll kite such as Nefarion, then you'd want extra range for your piercing howl etc etc.

From what I've gathered here I believe you know tanking, thus T J I V I vouches for Goldiger the orc.

2011 Jul 04 (Mon) 3:35 pm

I usually have stack of powder for glyphs. Ofc, if there is static raid, there are some glyphs like battle shout one, for example, if there is already warrior that uses bshout etc, current build is made for pug tanking and it is kinda universal, if I have to kite at some encounter I have to respec and take howl first))

2011 Jul 04 (Mon) 8:16 pm

"there are some glyphs like battle shout one" that are useless with another warrior, that is what I was about to say)

2011 Jul 04 (Mon) 8:18 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Hey again Goldiger,

Thanks for your previous answers I must have missed the first screenshot. Thank you as well for your interest in Luminous Path, however we currently wouldn't be able to fit you in our raiding roster.
Good luck and hope you'll find a nice guild that needs your service.

2011 Jul 04 (Mon) 9:30 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]