NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 29 (Mon) 10:09 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
Accepted: Gatuzo Elemental shaman app 
Former Member

Class: Shaman
Post Accepted: Gatuzo Elemental shaman app
Name:

Gatuzo

Race, Class, and Main Spec:

Goblin, shaman, Im elemental / resto specced

Armory Link:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... uzo/simple

What's your name and where are you from?

My name is Gregor and Im from Slovenia., I live next house to Gwendolina who has been my friend since childhood :=)

How old are you? Please express your answer in Reverse PolishNotation.

Im 32 years old.

30 2 +
40 8 -
64 2 %
16 2 x

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do youhave of endgame raiding?

Been around since vanilla, Ive raided back in MC, BWL, AQ40, in TBC I wasquite active killing everything except kiljaeden back then .
In LK Ive been raiding seriously all the way up to Naxx, Ulduar and TOC,Ive gotten immortal achi on my mage (Malakaj Tarren Mill), which was
at that time a server first \o/ As far as ICC goes I was pugging alot at that time which was quite easy on TM back then since PVE community is very strong there.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character?Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.

I play on daily basis, this shaman is my main , I rerolled a shaman withmy friend Gwendolina (who rolled a lock at that time.... )
I work in construction so I work mostof the day but Im free to play afternoon/evening usualy from 17.00 onwardsand im free on weekends.
My alts on this realm (mostly used for profession and farming purpuses)are : Malakaj, Fogerty and Furmetal.

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as wellas any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previousguild?

Well my last serious raiding guild was The Tempered Sun , who I joinedto play with my friend Gwendolina... We left the guild becouse things startedto fall apart for us there due to serious lack of raiders for 25mens ...
Since then Ive been looking for a good 10men raiding guild to get backinto raiding again, with little luck I might add.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch within-game as references. Please note that references are required: give namesof characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on thePath, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.

Well I dont know anyone in Luminous path except Gwen.... I hope he hassomething good to say about me ;)
Other then that people in The Tempered Sun (aliance guild) I guess,since then Ive been kinda wondering around not finding a solid guild....
Other then that we did a timed ZA run with Gwen and someguys from the guild the other day ...

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you'redoing a good job or not?

I play elemental shaman as a main specc, I think elemental shamans arepretty good becouse of their solid DPS combined with lots of utility.
We are very good interupters (short CD and good range) and CCers (hex,bind elemental) , also we provide lots of buffs via totems, elemental oathand ofc the allmighty bloodlust ;P
We also can selfheal or help healing abit when things get hectic... I knowwhen Im doing a good job when I have good DPS output ofc, not failing onboss mechanics and knowing my role in the fight, like Maloriac forexample there is much more
for us shamans to be done (purges, interupts)..... But most importantly I know that im doing my job when I pwn Gwendolinaon recount ;P

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your currentbuild, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spentyour talent points the way you did.

Well I like to belive I have the optimal raiding DPS specc along with improvedwolf form for more mobility on moving boss phases, or when you need torun away from boss to reset the fight ;P
Basicaly I took all the DPS buffing abilities , skipped the pvp talentssuch as roots etc...

Where do you go to read about your class outside of thegame?

Elitist jerks mostly, I also check official shamans forums every once ina while but mostly I do my own testing on dummies and observing performancein raids etc...
Also (I must confess ;P ) I do spy on the world top guildsshamans for speccs , glyphs, gemming etc....

Please provide a screenshot of your UI during raid bossor dungeon boss combat.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/705/gatuzo.jpg/

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-characterbiography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP storyor RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than lengthor content, and your application will not be considered without it.

Ugh ogh I suck at RP I must admit , but here goes my fail attempt .....

Lightning strikes across the sky and thunder sounds the overheated wallsof Orgrimmar as a strange figure enters the local tavern.
Stepping up to the barkeep , amazed the keeper notices silhuetess of awoman!
She orders a pint of ale , the keeper is curious and starts a conversationwith the traveler, she apears to be new
to the region, says she just came from the planes after many moons of trekking....
After finishing her beer she steps outside to the message board, hammeringa piece of paper to the desk , closer inspection reveals the message written:

Master of elements (and footmassages) for hire !

Youll find me in the local tavern.

Signed : Gatuzo.

Additional notes.Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.

Well Im not so good at forums and stuff, so if I missed on some info withmy app please do ask. My gear also isnt the best but Im a long termplayer and especialy at this stage of the game I like to belive that meansmore then purple pixels ....
I have PVP oriented resto offspec atm and I dont mindhealing a few raids if the guild lacks a healer but I would like to keepmy focus on elemental DPS, gearing is very similar for both speccs sincespirit gives us hit aswell so a potential switch in the future shouldntbe too difficult...
I have no problems speaking english fluently and havebeen using Ventrilo for many years now... Gwen told me that you guys mayhave a spot or two for another DPS, and I would love to raid with him againso Im signing up :=)

2011 Jul 16 (Sat) 12:26 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Post Re: Gatuzo Elemental shaman app
Hello again, Gatuzo!

Quote:
Other then that we did a timed ZA run with Gwen and someguys from the guild the other day ...

I am hurt, you didn't even remember my name!... or was I on my druid? That was a great run though, burnt through the dragonhawk boss before the adds even came. Very intense.

I can definitely say I was very impressed with his performance during that run, he was easily doing over 20k dps throughout the run and on the bosses.

So I will vouch for him.

2011 Jul 16 (Sat) 12:48 am
Officer (Retired)

Hi there and thank you for applying to us.

Got some quick questions for you, are you planing to change herbalism to something more raidbeneficial? And have you considered Lavawalker on your boots?

Other then that i would like to know your rotation as elemental and stat prio (crit, haste, int etc)

And which is your favorite raidboss encounter and why.

// Arache

2011 Jul 16 (Sat) 1:08 am
Former Member

Class: Shaman
Hey guys thank you for quick replies at early morning hours :=)
I plan to stick to my herbalism for now atleast untill I max out my inscription then well see....
About my boot enchant, well considering my stat prio after hit cap is :
int>haste>mastery>crit I prefer 50 haster over lavawalker ench tbh...
As for my rotation :
- elemental mastery on CD
- keeping flame shock up
- earth shock on 7 charges or more
- keeping searing totem up
- lava burst on CD
- lightning bolt filler

My favorite fight is Brutallus in Sunwell plateau, hehe mostly becouse at the time I was playing a lock
and this boss was somewhat of a gearcheck, my role was well.. nuking the crap out of him while DPSers had to manage debuffs , it was abit harder for healers I guess, since they had to start timing their heals with short delays to be ableto keep the tank up.

2011 Jul 16 (Sat) 2:35 am

Class: Warlock
Hey ho!

Ive known this guy my whole life, hes a great person and a very skilled player, we started playing the

game together back in vanilla. Performs well in raids, learns fights fast and wont fail on tactics.

I havent been in the guild for a very long time but I wanna make a BIG vouch for this guy.

Best regards.

2011 Jul 16 (Sat) 10:22 am
Former Member

Re: Gatuzo Elemental shaman app
The goblin dressed as a mailman arrived to the docks near Ogrimmar.
*yawn* - Ohh no sun over Ogrimmar yet ..
The goblin searched his digny for something.
- Ahh my lamp!
When he lit the lamp he noticed something surfing the waves just next to his digny.
- A bottle, here ? Ohh them dirty orcs throwing stuff all over. Better pick it up *nod*
As he grabbed the bottle he noticed that there was wooden piece tied to it,
with something carved into the wood.
* To Gatuzo *
As pulled up his digny on the beach he though -- Gatzu, where could she live?
He was just about to throw it away when he remember, -- Ohh I have some bills I'm suppose to deliever to her today, better bring this along. Bet I could get some golds for delievering it. Time is money friend!

On the parchment inside the bottle:

To Gatuzo

Ohaiu I'm Tjivi be the luminated gang calls me T J I V I.
I'm in the luminated gang, yapp. I'm a basher, I use what axe or mace I can find to hit the big Bonzus in the head with. They sent me a message that yet another tiny green creature has filled an application to join, sounds supersome! I betcha you will be liking it like a greaseball discovering gnomeregan! Soo I hope you get through the groundly check and get in..

So Tauburn also called Tauby, wrote that your into magic and such eh? A goblin like me gets alot of scratches and bonks on the helm. Part of the job as dragon pater, haha. Hope you can help the druids and priests to keep me from getting squished. Heard you were more into casting lightning and such, guess we need that too.
I bought a yacht for the luminated gang, just out trying it around azeroth at the moment. Will be back in two times ten days.

Hugz from captain Tjivi.

2011 Jul 16 (Sat) 3:57 pm
Former Member

Class: Priest
Also a vouch from me, since I was at that same timed run.

The reason an Elemental Shaman doesn't use Lavawalker is because we already have Ancestral Swiftness. And Lavawalker doesn't stack with that, so +50 Mastery or +50 Haste are better options.
Haste and Mastery are nearly identical in stat priority, so it comes down to personal preference.

2011 Jul 16 (Sat) 5:54 pm
Officer (Retired)

It was meant a "trick" question, just to see if he got the classknowledge which he does.

2011 Jul 16 (Sat) 7:18 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Goblins *grumble grumble* I remember when Belfs were all the rage!.... But very nice application!

2011 Jul 17 (Sun) 12:34 am
Officer (Retired)

Well I think we are done here, welcome aboard Gatuzo.
When you're ready for an invite whisper Savian, Jotra, Arache or Vedder.

2011 Jul 17 (Sun) 12:35 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]