NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 29 (Mon) 3:53 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
Declined: Vecnu - Undead Holy Priest. 

Class: Priest
Post Declined: Vecnu - Undead Holy Priest.
Name: Vecnu[/color]
Race, Class, and Main Spec: Undead Priest, Holy [/color]
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... cnu/simple[/color]

What's your name and where are you from? Name's Philip and i am from Poland.[/color]

How old are you?: 19[/color]

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding?
TBC was my reign, with character Saitaver on Sporeggar realm i raided Kara, Maggy, Gruul, SSC up to vashj, and after change of guild i went straight to black temple and later Sunwell Plateau. With Call of Blood guild i raided in early wotlk days, clearing whole naxx and smacking malygos and wintergrasp boss. I stopped playing wow after the guild has disbanded. and came back to WoW just recently by creating Vecnu here on Defias Brotherhood. [/color]

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.
Vecnu is my main character, I play quite often, almost everyday now since i got avacation. (which im spending actively yeah..). Im not really into making tons of alts as some people x) or at least my alts don't usually exceed lvl of 30, nothing noteworthy to mention.[/color]

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?
Um.. I was (or am atm) In Steamwheedle, while this is a nice and friendly guild, it does not do any serious pve or pvp which i actually strive for, and thus it's the main reason for me looking a raiding guild such as Luminous Path.[/color]

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references.

Hm... I believe i dont know personally any of Luminous Path members. The players that could vouch for me are my 2 irl friends i play with Hados and Quargoh, though it naturally wouldn't be an objective opinion, but since you insist... there you have it.[/color]

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?My role is to keep all those super warriors, wanky casters, shady ninjas and all that sad wannabe hero lot alive and dandy so they can bite and chop and kick and gut those bosses for loot in my place :twisted: And if at the end of the fight everyone is alive, i have still some mana left and i am alive myself, i think indicates that I did what was expected of me ;) . [/color]

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.

I was discipline when i 1st started doing heroics but it simply doesent have enough heal output i suppose. When i started wiping people in baradin hold i rethought my talents and general playstyle and i went holy. Self judging - it proved to be a good choice so far. Discipline is great for healing single targets and has amazing shielding capabilities but when it comes to healing aoe damage on players it's nothing compared to holy. While still discipline is good choice for raids, for me at that moment (had to grind some heroics) holy was The path.[/color]

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
Um.. wow wiki, some other random websites and forums i came to through google and which i dont remember now. And arenajunkies for pvp ; )[/color]

Please provide a screenshot of your UI during raid boss or dungeon boss combat.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/41/theonehw.jpg/
[/color]

Roleplaying Section:
Cold... It's so goddamn cold... Or actually.. maybe it's not, i have heard somewhere that when you're burning you dont feel hot at all, because your nerve system is messing up everything, you can actually feel cold. Wait. Where am I? It's black everywhere, i cannot move. I.. am ?
*steps* closer and closer. The sound is disturbing though, as if the creature walking was crippled, and in steel shoes or had.. claws...
*sniffing* Ya, let's see if this one is ready yet.
The sound of the shovel hitting my prison hard soon breaks it open. The light blinding me, only thing i feel is the bone shattering grip on my shoulders pulling me out of my... grave.
"Wakey, wakey pretty, wonderful morning we have don't we ?" Slowly but steadily i regained my sight, only to see bizzare creature cackling to my torment, Why ? to what end ?
It takes only one look to the pavement on which lies a pile of bones.. my bones.. my hands, to understand.
"Are you feeling well ?" Asked the undead without even trying to conceal the irony
"I'm... relatively ok, thank you"
"ahahaha" cackled the undead "Newborn, as young as you not only speaks other than mumble but smart mouth to that as well ! Curious curious, indeed, we will put you to good use mr. Smart, follow me" Last sentence he spoke through horrendous smile, his eyes, were empty.

With much effort i stood up and followed him to the destination unknown, playing part in the game i did not know nor understood at a time, after all it's just a dream, and all dreams end don't they ? Because... this can't be possibly real... "
[/color]

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.
Nothing really comes to mind, though i encourage you all to ask away anything that comes to your mind ; )

Best Regards
Vecnu.

2011 Jul 21 (Thu) 9:20 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Post Re: Vecnu - Undead Holy Priest.
Hey there Vecnu,

Thanks for applying, could I firstly ask you to always log out in your PvE gear during the time of an applicationprocess, can't really comment much on gear related stuff if you don't :P .

Have you checked our raiddays and how suiting are they for you?

I'll leave the priesty stuff to the more competent persons.

/ Vedder

2011 Jul 21 (Thu) 11:24 pm
Former Member

i must ask, with your ... sense of describing some classes in the part of "whats your job", how would you describe a tauren prot pala? :D

2011 Jul 22 (Fri) 8:43 am
Former Member

Witam Pana Filipa :D
Ale do rzeczy:

Gear:
I see you have some strange gemming priorities - before we continue this matter could you tell me what stat should we prioritise as Holy.

Why haven't you aquired the justive point rewards? Have you started the 4.2 quest chains which grant some pve upgrades for you ? Are you going to get missing enchants ?

Talents:
Why have you taken the rapid renawal and reduction on the chakra cooldown? Could you tell me in which situations you use renew and dance chakra during a fight? Could you explain me the logic behind not taking body and soul? Why have you taken the spell damage reduction with inner fire instead of veiled shadows or darkness? Could you tell me when you use your shadowfiend?

Glyphs
Could you explain your choices of major glyphs? You ommited one of the mandatory glyphs for holy priests - could you tell me which it is ?

2011 Jul 22 (Fri) 2:27 pm
Officer (Retired)

Greetings Vencu,

From appearance, it seems you are ZA/ZG geared with a generous dashing of pvp gear layed with a nice chunk of blues. Since 4.2 you have been able to get the tier gear for Justice points along with various other places (Molten Front) which can assist in gearing up.

Your gear is not suitable for the content we are currently raiding, so I would recommend going through these avenues if you are looking towards applying to a raiding guild.

You gear is heavily missing enchants and there are concerns about some of your gemming choices.
WoW-Heroes can assist you in finding out what progress level would be best for your current gear and where you are lacking enchants in your gear. As it appears you are not certain about your class and spec you have applied with, you need healthy reading dose of EJto set some of the basics straight.

There are other issues, but I will allow others to touch on those.

So I would recommend to you if you are serious, to go through with significantly changing the state of your character, checking out the EJ guide in particular to make some required changes.

2011 Jul 22 (Fri) 2:39 pm

Oh that class description was purely for "the lulz" i didn't suspect you'd take that one seriously. To clarify, naturally my job as a holy priest in the raid would be healing tank/dps (whichever i get assigned on), if i get assigned to heal the tank i prioritize that character over the rest, next on my priority is myself and rest of the healers and if i get enough mana or a free cooldown while tank is topped i can toss a heal or two towards the reast of the group if it proves to be nessecary. :)

Aleerim: I have to admit that i do not have much experience as a healer yet, i was playing as a warlock my whole WoW career. I would wager my head on this but i think spirit is pretty important, followed by int and haste rating. (please correct me on this if im mistaken).

About the justice points, i miss nearly 200 for Core if Ripeness trinket, and next im thinking about changing my neck slot.
This week i should be also able to reach 2200 valor points nessecary for Epic robe/Trousers.
Im also planning to get shoulders from high priestess kikikisomething from zg and bracers from halazzi though bastards cling on those real tight and ive had no luck so far ; /.

As to 4.2 quests i shamefully have to say that i have no idea which quests are you talking about ;o
as of the 4.2 content im trying to get honored with avengers of hyjal thru trash runs so far. nice belt and cape from their quartermaster to acquire ; )

Talents: Ill give some more thought to them, im still experimenting, checking which build would work best, tips on that would be highly appreciated.

Glyphs: I know im missing circle of healing glyph but its just... expensive ;x Ill get it asap.

Tauburn, i know my gear is something to work on, i didn't expect to join your raiding team in an instant, though i thought it would be a good choice to cling to a group of people whom i can learn more about my class and with whom i could (hopefully) raid in the future.

Best Regards
Vecnu :)

2011 Jul 22 (Fri) 3:05 pm
Officer (Retired)

Vecnu wrote:
Tauburn, i know my gear is something to work on, i didn't expect to join your raiding team in an instant, though i thought it would be a good choice to cling to a group of people whom i can learn more about my class and with whom i could (hopefully) raid in the future.

Main problem with this is we have two healing priests already,

Wish you the best of luck anyway!

2011 Jul 22 (Fri) 3:28 pm
Officer (Retired)

Gonna jump in here and lock this thread. Unfortunately as Tauburn already pointed out we are really in no need of healing priests at the moment, coupled with the fact that we want new members to be ready to jump straight into progress raiding with us we have to decline your application.
Thanks for your time and interest. Good luck out there.

2011 Jul 22 (Fri) 5:53 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]