NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 29 (Mon) 4:38 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next
Accepted: Zehrponicia - Arcane mage (With a fiery off-spec) 
Former Member

Class: Mage
Post Accepted: Zehrponicia - Arcane mage (With a fiery off-spec)
Hi there! Time to pwn this form, I guess. :)

Name: Zehrponicia (Bob!!)
Race, Class, and Main Spec: Undead (Yeah!), Mage (YEAH!), Arcane (Oh..)
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... cia/simple I have the T12 gloves in my possesion, but haven't equipped them to keep (4) of T11.

What's your name and where are you from? Tom, and I'm proud to say I'm Dutch. ^^

How old are you? Please express your answer in Reverse Polish Notation. I'm 20 years of age. 18 4 + 2 * 24 - (did I get that right? XD)

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding? 5 years or so.. Damn that's a long time! I've got end-game experience in all expansions (Though the vanilla experience is very limited)
In Tbc I've done parts of BT before the nerf, in WOTLK I've kicked ass all-over Icecrown Citadel with Sidereals and in Cata I've done 3 bosses on Heroic mode (pre-FL). In the FL itself I've only killed Lord Ryolith.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts. It's been my main ever since the end of Vanilla, I play regularly, around an hour or 2 or so a day on average,

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild? I've been on DB for a VERY long time, and not planning to leave! The main guild for TBC was Discordia, though I enjoyed a short period in Conquest as well. In WotLK I've been a happy camper in Sidereals for a VERY LONG time. In Cataclysm I had 2 serious guilds: Metronome and Bans Hammer. I left the latter because I kept getting (what felt like) screwed out of spots, without an explanation from the officers. (To many people, to little spots)

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also. This is an unusual question... Well I know Savian inside your guild, I guess that should be enough. ^^ Sup dude.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not? I dps what I'm told to dps. (And provide buffs etc) And I chat. (sometimes too much :p) I know I do a good job when I avoid all unecesary damage whilst maintaining the most dps I can. (And providing help where necessary, in the less straightforward fights)

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did. I think I have yee basic arcane build, so to say. :) Nothing special about it: Optimizing dps, and picking the most useful talents when dps talents are taken. I went for arcane instead of fire due to it's higher damage output. Of course I keep fire as an off spec to apply in fights where high AOE damage is preferable. (I'm willing to make this my main spec, if needed be)

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game? Elitist jerks, mostly. That + keeping up to date on the patch notes basicly tell me what to do. (and common sense! Lot's of common sense.)

Please provide a screenshot of your UI during raid boss or dungeon boss combat. It's just the basic UI provided by Blizz, nothing special.. *shamed* It does the job though!

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.
*swears uncontrollably* I used to have an epic origination story for this character, but I seem to have lost it.. Then I'll have to write something new! Inc. (I love that this is mandatory btw :), it's been a long time since I wrote something RP-ish!)

-A parcel with a note on it is delivered to your doorstep... it appears to be leaking. the note reads:-
Dear Luminous Path officer,

My name is Zehrponicia Wickedwitch, but in the Swamp which I call my home, I am known by many names. The wicked frost-witch, Queen of sorrow... To the point now: recently, a man came by and asked me to fight for something called a 'Horde', I said I was not interested,. He started praising me and promising me gold and treasure, when that didn't work he threatened me. That disgruntled me a bit.

I tortured him for days, but after a while his words of treasure and fame got to me.. Let me cut to the chase, I wish to accompany your men into battle for the mentioned treasures. I need some new decorations for my home in the swamp.

Zehrponicia Wickedwitch

P.S. In the parcel, I included the head of the man who visited me. I enjoyed the expression on his face as I started having 'fun' with him, so I thought I'd freeze it on and see what other people think!! Isn't it hilarious?

Yeah, she's sick in the head. Sorry!
Hope that wasn't too bad, I have not done this in a while!

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application. I seriously pwn. SERIOUSLY. (seriously) I tend to be very dependable and loyal to my guilds. I feel like I maximize my character as much as I can, and that I'm a good asset to any raid team that needs a mage. I'm experienced and eager to raid. Apart from the raiding, I like to talk to people in game a lot, and usually am up for a chat in /g or /raid.

Thanks for reading my application!!

Bob (Get used to calling me Bob if you accept me, 'Zehrponicia' is kind of difficult :D)

2011 Jul 21 (Thu) 11:30 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Post Re: Zehrponicia - Arcane mage (With a fiery off-spec)
Hello there, Bob!

You reminded me of one of my favorite TV shows, Blackadder. In particular, an episode centered around "Bob". Part 1, 2, 3, 4.

Anyway, a friend of Savian is a friend of mine. Being a close friend to him, you will soon discover the "Tales of Savian", which are both numerous and very amusing.

As for your gear, you have it, effectively, So I doubt that would be an issue.

Anyway, I will leave this thread to the very capable Saviano to quiz you on.

2011 Jul 22 (Fri) 12:12 am
Officer (Retired)

I see Mala's nickname stuck eh xD Sup dude, coming to take my spot? I remember you being very very good at what you do back in ICC25 (when I still did 25mans) so no doubt about your ability to spam Arcane Blast.

How did 25man raiding go, are you up for switching to 10man permanently?
Are our raid times suitable for you as it's looking now?
What spec dyou think is most fun and why?
What boss, from any expansion or instance, do you like the most?

Nothing to add on the gear or spec part and I know you almost live on EJ so...good luck and a big vouch from me!

Sav. 8-)

EDIT: Zomg I found something to ask! 2/2 Imp. Fire Blast over 2/2 Cauterize, howcomes :D

2011 Jul 22 (Fri) 12:15 am
Former Member

It's actually a nickname WAY older then that, it was given to me on a ZA run, short after it was released (But still by some woman xD).

Yes, I've switched to ten mans permanently. :) No real reason for that though, just kind of happened in Cataclysm ^^. xD
Raid times are fine. ^^ I'll try attending all of them!
Fire in an AOE heavy fight is pretty damn amazing to play. OMG DAMAGE EVERYWHERE OMG! But in a single target fight I like arcane because of the timing of the burst phase can lead to DELICIOUS moments of critical hit goodness. (100k! Zomg! Suck it Nef!)
What boss is a difficult one!! I remember good times on oh so many of them. xD

I probably took the fire blast thingy because I figured it could increased dps: the range is pretty damn handy in some fights (spreadz0r t3h dots plox) I'm fine with switching to cauterize though. (Thought not dying > cauterize xD)

Bob

2011 Jul 22 (Fri) 12:41 am
Officer (Retired)

Tauburn wrote:
You reminded me of one of my favorite TV shows, Blackadder. In particular, an episode centered around "Bob". Part 1, 2, 3, 4.

Loved how Bob came back in the 4th season xD And then got poached by the Lord Flashheart again! Very cunning indeed...

But back on track! I like your answers, and in fact I myself am guilty of not speccing Cauterize yet, though I probably will before next raid. Don't really know any aoe fights in FL that require the use of fireblast dot-spreading the way it was helpful in T11 so might as well get some extra protection (*cough I die a lot cough*)

2011 Jul 22 (Fri) 2:05 am
Officer (Retired)

Does Cauterize stop you from blinking through the floor?

2011 Jul 22 (Fri) 3:28 am
Officer (Retired)

Tauburn wrote:
Does Cauterize stop you from blinking through the floor?

You know, I actually tried to do that last night at Neffy...twice...But it didn't work and probably never will again. Yet, I know I will be hearing it forever xD

2011 Jul 22 (Fri) 5:31 am
Former Member

hes a mage. aslong as he has a epic staff im okay with it :)

2011 Jul 22 (Fri) 8:48 am
Officer (Retired)

Alright, I do have a serious question for you:
Quote:
I play regularly, around an hour or 2 or so a day on average,

Could you clarify your week for us game-wise?

Do you do the Molten Core dailies every day? Do you hit valor cap with ZA/ZG runs? Would you be able to regularly attend on all three raid days?

2011 Jul 22 (Fri) 3:13 pm
Former Member

Serious questions? I didn't sign up for this!!!! Jk ofc, incoming:

I basicly raid every raid I can. (Which ussualy is every raid because I try to plan my stuff around raids) Apart from that I do the Molten Front dailies etc, already have the Moonwell unlocked, and still going strong.

The VP cap from ZA/ZG is something I've been neglecting though, I've ran a million (i'm exaggerating to make a point :P) of those runs on my warrior alt before the patch and am just plain tired of them. I was considering running a few now and again though, but I hate PUGing. (Hope this doesn't come across too badly :P)

Bob

2011 Jul 22 (Fri) 4:42 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next