NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 29 (Mon) 2:28 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next
Accepted: Áelyra - Holy Paladin 

Class: Paladin
Post Accepted: Áelyra - Holy Paladin
Name: Áelyra
Race, Class, and Main Spec: Blood Elf Holy Paladin
Armory Link: Here!

What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Jamie and I'm from England

How old are you? Please express your answer in Reverse Polish Notation. 10 6+ (i think that is correct)

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding?
I have been playing WoW on and off since Vanilla, and started in WCIII. However I only started raiding during Wrath of the Lich King. Across all my characters my experience is as follows:
Trial of the Crusader: 5/5
Trial of the Grand Crusader: 5/5
ICC10: 12/12
ICC10HC: 8/12
ICC25: 10/12
ICC25HC: 4/12

In Cataclysm I have cleared full t11 content but have had no guild going for Firelands.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.
This is my new main. After having a warlock and this as my shared mains I decided to focus on Áelyra due to healing becoming more of a challenge(aka more exciting) In Cataclysm. I have a lot of alts, all that I intend to 85. Here is a short description of all my 85 alts in order of how much I play them:
1) Mage: My mage is my main PvP Character, Recently Dinged and already in full season 10 and on my way to my second piece of Ruthless gear, this is my Arena and BG Character However I would like to collect a PvE set also.
2) Warlock: My warlock as mentioned earlier was my shared main with my paladin pre-Cata. Slightly neglected due to the focus on my paladin, but I'm working on gearing it up too.
3) Death knight: Again another PvP Character, full season 10 and a few pieces of Ruthless, I intent to drop my Unholy PvP Spec and replace it with Blood Tanking once again. I have decided to replace Unholy as its not enough burst damage for the set-ups i enjoy playing.

I have pretty much all the other classes below 85 and am currently levelling my Priest (level 60) and My warrior I am Doing Recruit a Friend with (level 20) Once these two are both at the level cap I will be working on a rogue and a Shaman.

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?
Iv been in very few guilds as I am very loyal in guilds and have been in 2 from day one until the end.
The first guild i ever joined was called The Illumination on the Alliance side (I only played alliance because RL friends did, i wanted to be horde :P) Within a few months i had worked my way up to Officer in this social guild and put together a raid team, clearing TOC, TOGC and ICC in 10m Mode with them. I left this guild as the GM did some nasty backstabbing to me and I refused to be a part of his guild any longer (it was a valid reason, trust me. I don't really want to go into it)
After this I transferred to horde to horde where I found a guild named Dead Memories. Again I managed to work my way up to Officer and cleared 12/12 in 10 and 8/12 in HC. I took a break at the beginning of Cata due to some RL problems and came back to find the guild deserted, So i joined a guild my RL friend was in, which is the guild I am currently in. The reason I want to leave them is because they have no intention of running a second group and therefore I cannot get to experience the encounters that take place in Firelands. Reading tactics and watching Strategy videos of the encounters has shows some really interesting mechanics that I'm really looking forward to experiencing first hand, which is why I am looking for a new guild of skilled players.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.
You could Contact Namrael, the old Guild leader of Dead Memories During the time It was active. You could also contact Caeseji, a holy paladin in the Stone Guard who has experienced me Healing t11 content before my gear upgrades over the past week or so.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?
My Role is healing, and I take a lot of factors into account when I judge if I'm preforming well in a raid. As a rule, as long as im doing high overall healing and little overhealing (which cant be helped due to beacon, protector or the innocent ect) then I'm generally doing a good job. However i need to take into account at what rate my mana is depleting and work out a priority of who needs healing and to what extent. I never try to heal someone to 100% and moving on to someone else as I believe its more important to keep people alive whilst conserving mana rather than having everyone at 100% and being out of mana in no time. However if I'm just focusing on tanks and throwing in the odd raid heal there and there when needed, it makes the whole healing priority a heck of a lot easier. :D

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
My current Spec favours the use of word of glory, however sacrifices range on judgements, however I have found 25 yards to be adequate in most situations. This alternative is a light of dawn based spec that I have also tried. This had more range on Judgements and light of dawn, if used to its maximum potential would accumulatively heal the tank for a large amount. Playing this sepc tough, I found it less effective for 10m raiding due to LOD not hitting all targets and therefore not preforming to its maximum potential. With the current spec i am using, I feel it is more suited for 10m raiding as it has shown it provides more HPS and overall healing when in a smaller group.
Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
I use Elitist Jerks and various other guides. And I always make sure that I keep updated with anything Dimondtear of Paragon posts. His Holy Paladin guide is the best Iv read, however it is based around 25m (and the LOD spec I talked about earlier) But it gives the best information on how the class works and what you should do with it.
Please provide a screenshot of your UI during raid boss or dungeon boss combat. Here!

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.
Currently working on Áelyra's backstory as RP isn't something iv really done a lot of, but am really excited to get involved with. Heres what I have so far: (btw im wrighting this application at 4am and I'm making some of it up as I go along xD)

Áelyra was the only child of a humble family living in a small house somewhere in Eversong Woods. Whilst she was still very young, her parents both fell gravely ill and shortly after perished from an unknown disease. Too young to understand the situation, she was taken in by her uncle whom she spent her childhood with in Silvermoon city. Her uncle was a member of the Blood Knights and was therefore often away on various assignments, so Áelyra was left in the care of a nurse. During the days her uncle was away she would sit at the window awaiting his return and drawing pictures of him and his victories, which she would present to him on his return. When she grew old enough and during the periods he was home in Silvermoon, her uncle would teach her how to use holy magic like the Paladins and Blood Knights did. Áelyra would practice day and night to make her uncle proud when he returned from his battles. Her capabilities as a healer first showed when she found a dead bird in her uncles garden. She had studied her uncles books tomes and scrolls and had discovered a method of manipulating the holy energy to guide a spirit back to its body and restore its life. Confident she could save this tiny blue bird, she focused all her energy into the birds lifeless body. Over and over she tried with no success... until suddenly a blinding light of pure holy energy erupted from her palms. Quickly she shut her eyes and turned her head, hiding her eyes from the blinding holy light. A few seconds passed and she slowly opened her eyes and looked down at the bird that was there in front of her alive, struggling to keep itself standing. She ran inside the house to tell her nurse of her accomplishment, However at the front door was another Blood Knight and he was talking to her Nurse. Áelyra was sat down in the living room of the house and was told her uncle had been killed whilst completing orders. Bursting into tears she ran to her room and remained there for several days while she mourned the death of her uncle.
Finally she emerged from her dark room and set out to find this Blood Knight who brought the terrible news. A few hours later she found him at the Blood Knights Head Quarters in the North-East of the city. She told him she wanted to become a Paladin and make her uncle proud. The Blood Knight replied telling her the ability to use the holy energy is a gift not all posses, and there is no way she could ever become a Paladin without this gift. Looking around Áelyra spotted a dead rat in the corner of the room. She carefully picked it up and began reciting the same incantation she had before on the blue bird. The Blood Knight raised his eyebrow and watched in awe as she brought the creature back to life. And from that day forward she began her training as a Paladin.

I'll add more to it eventually with stuff about her training ect but I think that's enough for now :)
Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.
All I want to say is before I commit myself fully to any team that may need me, I want to see how much of a workload I will be getting from a course I start next month as I don't want to let any of you down. Also I would like to say, if you don't require me for a team at the present moment I would still very much like to join anyway as a reserve or come for any Alt raids.

Looking forward to receiving your responses, and hope to be seeing you all soon! :)

2011 Aug 20 (Sat) 5:25 am
Profile WWW
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Post Re: Áelyra - Holy Paladin
Heya! Welcome and thanks for the application :D The recruitment team has noticed you and will shortly return with whatever questions we can find!

Sav.

2011 Aug 20 (Sat) 12:28 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Hello Jamie!

You must have been young when you started back in WC3 and Vanilla with the age you gave!
I don't really any questions, I'll leave most of them up to Jiander.

What is your off-spec and how geared are you in it?

2011 Aug 20 (Sat) 3:29 pm

Yeah, iv been playing for a very young age, but of course not to this level that I play now. My OS is usually a second holy spec, however I have just picked up ret and I'm currently gearing that up :)

2011 Aug 20 (Sat) 3:33 pm
Profile WWW
Former Member

sigh im so bad at holy healing...

so lets see...

obvious question. whats your best stat?... thats all i got.

---

not really no.
what stats do you prio? and why?
if your in a raid today, what would your job be you think?
How could we utilize your skills the best?
do you know how to sell your healing weapon if you dont feel like healing more? (thats a inside joke for the othersin the guild so feel free to ignore it)
and the question i think is the most important. what are you looking for in us as a guild?
my only question about your gear is about your feet enchant? why not run speed?

thanks for me! have fun!

2011 Aug 20 (Sat) 6:46 pm

Stat priority for me is Intel>Haste>Crit>Mastery, favouring crit over mastery as illuminated healing is not transferred to the beaconed target.
If I was in a raid today I would probably have the job of keeping the tanks alive as that's where paladins really shine, most likely throwing in an odd heal to a dps if the non-beaconed tank is taking no damage in order to help out the raid healers.
To utilize my skill best I would suggest having me mainly focused on tank healing with one of the raid healers perhaps helping out with a HoT if necessary depending on if my current gear (which according to wowheroes is good enough for firelands) will allow me to preform well enough
What I want from you as a guild is a friendly, mature environment which I can contribute to and be a part of and overall be proud to be a member. I know iv not done firelands yet, however my first ICC I co-lead and got to Sindragosa that same night. (lack of skill and co-ordination from the other players stopped us from a full clear that night) So please don't be put off by that, I'll be re running over every aspect and tactic for the encounters again multiple times before I even ask participate in any raiding.
About the feet enchant... basically In my old build I had a point in pursuit of Justice (50% chance to gain holy power when struck by a stun, fear or immobilising effect and 8% increased movement speed) And at the time did not have Lavawalker available on my enchanter t the time I got the boots. I put this to the back of my mind so thank you for the reminder and I'll make sure its changed as soon as I next log in :)

And btw, Sephiroth is my favourite FF character *highfive*

2011 Aug 20 (Sat) 7:46 pm
Profile WWW

Jiander wrote:
my only question about your gear is about your feet enchant? why not run speed?

This is now fixed :)

2011 Aug 20 (Sat) 8:06 pm
Profile WWW
Former Member

thanks for the answers im satisfied with them :D and the extrta ff comment lols. ill leave it to the officers now! have fun and good luck!

2011 Aug 20 (Sat) 8:36 pm
Former Member

Class: Death Knight
Hows your offspec ? We have 3 active healers atm, and some fights even only require 2, so offspecs are much appreciated.

2011 Aug 20 (Sat) 9:00 pm

Off spec if Im honest it really not very good... I'm happy to gear it right now if it will be beneficial, its always been another Holy build until the i started doing the FL dalies, so if its needs doing, I'll do it.

2011 Aug 20 (Sat) 9:03 pm
Profile WWW
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next