NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 29 (Mon) 1:45 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next
Withdrawn: Rakaro MM/BM huntress 

Class: Hunter
Post Withdrawn: Rakaro MM/BM huntress
Name: Rakaro

Race, Class, and Main Spec: Orc Hunter Marksman

Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... o/advanced

What's your name and where are you from? Stuart, England

How old are you? 37

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding? 4 years, 6/7 FL normal on both my healers.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts. This is my only horde toon, my alts are alliance so yes this is my main.

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild? Seraphim nocturnus, brotherhood of doom/paradox, the tempered sun, Frostbitten, the logical cube.

]Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also. I know Eadryia he is in your guild and advised me to apply, he is one of your warrior tanks currently the name begins with T.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not? My role as a hunter is to nuke the living crap out of things and not stand in the nasty stuff, if needed i will perform CC and misdirects to help the tanks maintain threat...my spec is full on nuke with no silence or raidwide buff so i can max out my dps as marksman.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did. I have prettymuch covered that up top, i basically have tried all specs of hunter but i prefer MM as it's the best for dps and seeing as that's my job i have to go with what gives the best results, it's tricky as MM fight depending to keep a steady flow like survival but i am loving playing it as i have become accustomed to the way it works and loving playing something imo is half the battle towards becoming a master of your class or spec....if you enjoy it you do well at it.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game? Warcraft hunters union, icy veins are my fav places and elitist jerks, arena junkies if i decide to check out a pvp spec.

Please provide a screenshot of your UI during raid boss or dungeon boss combat. can't atm but i'll try to get one asap.

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.
Roleplay died a long time ago on this server and i've not seen any that makes me want to anymore, i do have some character biographies that i wrote when i played a totally different game, i re-rolled horde one week ago so my char has no RP bio at all...gonna link a story i wrote instead so am not leaving this area blank.

oRs, Klesk, and the Meeting.

oRs.

It had been a while since oRs had felt he could relax enough to dock at a base, but felt that he’d confused his trail enough to buy him a few days of rest, and had found himself some fairly decent quarters in the Daumann base in New Berlin.

He’d “found” a nice little voice recorder in the pocket of some doctor-type that he’d noticed in the bar, and was currently lying on his bunk, a smoke at his side, and the recorder in hand.

“Ok here we go, third time lucky… good – red lights. Red lights are good. Ok. Recording…

“I’m leaving this with an old trusted friend of mine, incase anything happens to me, or my mind. Things have been somewhat… deadly of late, and this seemed like a good idea.”

He recounted his experience some months back in Cambridge, occasionally over-using the word bastard.

“…So recently I’ve been travelling around Sirius, trying to raise cash to fund my revenge against the Berg Builders. Perhaps frequenting Rheinland space a few times more than necessary, and spending one too many nights in a comatose state sitting at the controls of my ship hidden in random asteroid fields. I’ve not been sleeping too well lately… Ever since those guys showed up at my dome… So I hide where I can, sleep when I can get it.

“I got the feeling that I’d made a presence here in New Berlin a little bit, got myself noticed a little bit too much – The Berg Builders were closing in on my trail. One of their agents was particularly close, I got a tip-off from a random barman, so I led him a merry dance up into Omicron Gamma, and lost him near the jumphole to Unknown space… I guess he must have wimped out. Or one of those squids came through and ripped him apart. Hopefully. Anyway, I made my way back to New Berlin, figuring that they would think it’s the the last place I would go. The old double bluff… well, in theory it works.”

He sat up and straightened his shoulders, took his smoke and lit it. Pausing the recorder for a moment. Then he heard a noise. “Damn,” he thought, “Just as I lit me frickin’ smoke”.

He heard some stumbling footsteps and various giggles accompanied by a not-so-quiet “shhhh I’ll get thrown out”. Bemused, but still wary, he crept to the door. The footsteps carried on down the hallway. “Probably nothing important,” he thought, “just some drunk rich guy about to get robbed by a couple of hookers.” Which was not an uncommon story around these parts, although they didn’t like it known.

He walked back over to his bunk, picked up his smoke, and sat back down to continue.

“So yeah… where was I? Aye… I’ve been travelling around… Trying to raise funds for my upcoming plan of action – which until now I’d still failed to come up with.

“Quite a few people I’ve met have donated some of their funds to my cause. Albeit sometimes with the occasional threat first… however a few kind souls have responded, no fuss. Their names will not be forgotten.”

As he took a puff of his smoke he thought, “Well, if I don’t get caught they wont.”

“But now I feel that the Berg Builders are closing in… I can almost feel their presence everywhere I go. I guess people have started to notice me around, words have been whispered. And the guy I led up to Gamma last week, well, too close for comfort.

“I have to do something soon. They’ve had me running around like a crazy man, I need to get my plan moving…”

His voice trailed off as he took another puff of his smoke. He had initially planned to find somewhere to hide out, lay low, then contact some of his old sources and try to find out where the head of the Berg Builders was located.

He wanted to send a clear message to the Builders, one in not so many words that translated as “Leave me the hell alone”. Basically, he intended to hire an asassin to kill him in the most painful, horrific, bloody method known to mankind.

The task wasn’t beyond him, just he didn’t want to get too close. And he knew this would cost a lot of money, asassins aren’t cheap… especially if the target is the head of the Berg Builders.

He closed his eyes and lay back… disjointed images and names running through his mind. He wasn’t sure if it was the cardi or the bloodrush he’d just had, but his mind started buzzing… he was pretty sure he could feel an idea forming.

“That’s it!” He sat up so fast he almost passed out from the g-force. “Cardi… All this time – why didn’t I think!”

He started recording again.

“Allright, so here’s my plan…” And he said the words as the thoughts came to him, one after another, it all clicked into place.

The head of the Berg Builders, one Harry Kosiner, was a cardi-addict. A heavy user at that. He occasionally had meetings with associates, where they would smoke cardi, drink various hallucinogens, and randomly come up with fun new ways to kill people – all funded by him.

So he has a regular supply… he must have a regular supplier.

oRs contacted an old mercenary friend of his who was stationed in the New York system, and got him to ask some questions. He got some interesting news back…

Klesk.

The radio came on… “…Then put your warm little hand in mine - There ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb…”

He opened his eyes.

An announcer : “Okay, campers, rise and shine. Don't forget your booties because it's cooooold out there today.”

The announcer’s overly-happy co-host : “It's cold out there every day… and right now we’re in …”

His hand smashed down on the radio-alarm. It broke. Again.

“Gotta get that fixed” he mumbled as he dragged himself out of bed for another fun day of smuggling.

“What is it today me ol’ mucker…he rasped”

He got out his “little black book”, a metaphorical term he liked to use for the small computer notebook where he kept all his clients details.

“Ah yess, that Kosiner git. Again. Mind you he pays well so mustn’t grumble…”

Klesk had spend the better half of the last 2 years working for the Berg Builders, and was based primarily at Planet Harris in the Tau 31 sector. Right in the middle of the Bretonia Police, Bretonia Armed Forces, and various other Bretonian corporations.

Ninety percent of this time was supplying them with cardamine, and delivering some of their more “interesting” weapons to their clients. He was reliable, punctual, and was sneaky enough to evade almost all of the unsavoury types that regularly used the routes he was forced to take.

His career had made him very rich individual, although you’d never think it. He was always running around – stash a bit here, stash a bit there, didn’t want to draw attention to himself… people notice when you have money… and bad people want to take it…

When his diary (and Kosiner’s) would allow, he’d contact one of his friends at the Luxury Liner Hawaii in the Sigma 19 sector. She would usually reply with the details of when they’d have his apartment ready, and what time she finished work.

So the rest of his time was usually spent here, far away from the hectic rat-in-a-maze lifestyle… relaxing and lounging around on the false, but absoloutely stunning beaches in one of the more exotic complexes within the liner.

He’d usually get incredibly drunk, and suddenly feel compelled to tell the universe that he was a smuggler working for some crazy maniacs, then somehow his survival instinct would kick in, and he’d instantly change it into a heroic, yet whimsical tale… usually to an audience of cute girls who wanted him to spend money on them.

He’d tell them how he’d fend off Gaian terrorists in his Dromedary, while outrunning the Bretonian Police who had quite rightly suspected he was smuggling insane amounts of cardamine. Met with “oo’s” and “aah’s” at the appropriate places.

And occasionally some of the smarter girls who had heard of the sectors he described, would ask about the local police and army presence, and how he was able to smuggle so freely.

“Weelll…” He’d grin, “It’s all a matter of style, you know? I got such a loveable personality, some of the nicer members of the armed forces took a shine to me – Let me carry on about my business so long as I pay them regular visits. If you know what I mean…”

This was usually met with various replies, but more often than not, he’d be given a sly smile, a laughing “You cheeky sod…”, he’d reply “Feel the luuuuuuurve” then usually spend the rest of the night thanking the gods, drinking heavily, and having some of the more outrageous kinds of sex that can be done in zero-gravity, and randomly shouting “Yo baby, ever seen me combat dock?”

Such was the life of Klesk. …At least, when he was on vacation…

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.
I'm very well versed in raiding...been raiding a while now and am looking to start up on horde side...Eadryia can confirm this as he advised me to apply.

All the best and here's hoping :)

2011 Sep 20 (Tue) 7:10 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Post Re: Rakaro MM/BM huntress
Quote:
I know Eadryia he is in your guild and advised me to apply, he is one of your warrior tanks currently the name begins with T

Tjivi? TJIVI! Get out here and play! :twisted:

Meanwhile, thanks for the application! The officers have noted it and will return soon (tm) with any questions (meaning when we're back from our jobs/classes).

Sav. 8-)

2011 Sep 20 (Tue) 8:05 am
Former Member

good to see old ppl apply :D and its Tjivi yes.
mind if i ask how you got to know him?

2011 Sep 20 (Tue) 11:17 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Hey there Rakaro,

Some questions from me as well...

You say you've played the game for 4 years but only state Fielands bosses as your endgame experience, did you pickup raiding in this tier or have you expierenced some other tiers as well(including hardmodes)?
You say you've done 6/7 with your alliance characters, have this progress been made while puging or are you're alliance characters part of any raiding guild? As a follow-up to that if your characters are still in that hypothetic guild, say you where accepted would you still serve a raidingrole with those characters in their guild(s)?
Regarding the guilds you say you've been in, are there any histories you would like to share which made you take your leave in them?

Looking forward to your response
/ Vedder

2011 Sep 20 (Tue) 10:41 pm
Former Member

Hello mate!

Nice to see a good written app from you!

Vouch!

2011 Sep 20 (Tue) 11:41 pm

Druid used to be my main...not really raiding in any guild solidly atm my main is my druid Eveira...i've basically raided ALL content with her and i have raid leading experience to boot.

I used to run my own raid guild but decided to hang up the raid leading robe as it began to turn into more of a job for me.

Ive healed on all classes and tanked on them or dps'ed on them too...10 level 85's all with decent gear but 3 are my main toons.

I've come to horde for a big change, i've been heavily relied upon in the past to heal all the time and healing is getting dull for me now hence me rolling a ranged dps class that i can just focus on pure nuke.

My alliance toons are in a raid guild but am not a core raider anymore, i have raided some hardmodes but none in FL yet and i'm looking to get into raiding here on horde with the hunter as my main.

So if you want a hunter that signs for raids and turns up on time ready to raid at least 3 times a week then that's what i'm looking for.

Personally i think there are better hunters out there than me but this is new to me the hunter raid thing yet so far i've managed to kite the adds on nefarian twice with no issues and deal with cho'gall adds too (before nerfs) plus other hunterish duties and am loving it...still have to get more time in on the class to perfect it imo but am working on it, maxing out my dps when in a movement scenario can be tricky atm but practice makes perfect and it's only a matter of time and gear will also fix most dps problems...am pushing around 25k in raids atm fight depending.

I have no issues with any guilds that i've been in...i left because i needed change and the people that i've left still love me to bits and they respect my decision.

To sum it up...my main i want to be the hunter, i want to join a stable raid guild and i would like to progress further in a totally different role than i've done before at 10 man level.

I got to know Tjivi as he used to be my old arena partner back in wrath when i was holy pally and he was on his shadow priest, Got on ever since we met :)

2011 Sep 21 (Wed) 7:11 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Hello! Do you have any plans to change skinning to something more raid beneficial? And do you have any logs that we can check?

2011 Sep 21 (Wed) 10:08 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Howdy! How often can we find you online outside of raid times. Dyou enjoy the finer points of achievement hunting, pet/mount collecting, running old raids for Transmogrification purposes or something similar that keeps you occupied on off-days?

Sav. 8-)

2011 Sep 21 (Wed) 6:03 pm

got quite a few cool pets already and i have a decent transmog set already :)

2011 Sep 21 (Wed) 6:51 pm

skinning gives me crit...and i'm dps so makes sense to keep it.

2011 Sep 21 (Wed) 6:52 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next