NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 20 (Sat) 7:31 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page1, 2, 3  Next
Accepted: Kaëron, Protection Paladin, Round 2! 

Class: Paladin
Post Accepted: Kaëron, Protection Paladin, Round 2!
Hello, there i've been you were looking for a paladin tank, and since i've been looking for a raid i thought might aswell apply :3
This is the second time i apply to Luminous Path here is the link to my previous application. Hope you have a spot for me this time :)

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1639&start=0&view=print

Name:

Kaëron

Race, Class, and Main Spec:

Blood Elf, Paladin, Tank (have a retri offspec aswell)

Armory Link:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... ron/simple

What's your name and where are you from?

Well my name is Eduardo and im from Portugal (Lisbon)

How old are you? Please express your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.

Oh oh i know this one! 20 2 +

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding?

(Copy Pasted from other App and Updated it)
I've been playing WoW since vanilla but only started raiding when TBC came out. As for raiding experience, on the other server Earthen Ring i raided most of the TBC content as a prot paladin, in wotlk i seen all the content both on My Paladin and My Shaman, as for Cata goes i've seen full bwd (normal) BoT (up to council) thats pretty much it, but there is a reason for that i stoped playing for like 2 months because i wasn't raiding and thats the main reason why i haven't seen much content cata wise. I am hoping to see some content now.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.

Yus, it is my main character i play this character quite often im very serious about it, regarding serious Alt's i have an Enhance Shaman (Khartuk here is the armory link if you are interested http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... tuk/simple ) He is mainly a pvp character dont pve much with him might do something about it later on i supose.

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?

(Copy pasted from other App and Updated it)
Guild History i started playing as stated above in the Earthen Ring, leveled up my Paladin on a guild Called Forsaken Brotherhood, by lvl 70 i thought about raiding and applied to a Raidforce called Dizzy Gizmo "Semi Hardcore RF" (Guild was Black Rat Society but you were not required to be in the guild to raid) thats the RF where i saw most of the TBC content, i took a break before Wotlk and then came back when it was released, i was guildless at the time and upon reaching lvl 80 i joined a guild which i can't recall the time because i wasn't there for along time, shortly after i went on a alt run with my main with 1 of the top raiding guilds on the server (25 man) they liked me and told me to make an application and so i entered Insomnia "Hardcore RF" upon joining them we were the first guild achieving the Immortal on Earthen Ring and i saw all the content at that time plus ulduar when released, i left the guild due arguments with my officer, reason was because i made the guide for the immortal achievment and was forced to pass on the run because the officer wanted the spot and made me not get the achievment also the atmosphere was getting very displeasing and i personaly wasnt having any kind of fun, so i decided to try another server with another class i've never played and thats when i made my Shaman, Got him to lvl 80 and Entered Barbarossa then i transfered my Paladin here so i could enter Barbarossa, due to inactivaty Barbarossa was forced to disband at that time i made my first application to Luminous Path and after it was declined (Sad face) I joined Paradox where i am now, Reason why i am applying is i have a social status on Paradox and i would like to raid properly and its hard to raid there because they have a group formed that does not require any new tanks so hence my application.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.

As ingame references you can talk with Taelos from hungering cold, Bashak from Paradox, also i know Mia from Luminous Path the 3 of them pointed out that you might have a spot open for a tank.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?

(Copy Pasting from Previous App)
My role in raids depends entirely on the encounter can go simply as "Tank and Spank" "Add aoe tanking" "Kitting" "Knowing adds abilities and functions" "Knowing which should be tanked away from the raid" "Soaking Damage", regarding my performance i tend to look at combination of my Threat Generation and my Survivability, making sure i use the most effective rotation to avoid getting massives amount of damage taken and to avoid healers going oom.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.

(Copy pasting and Updating)
With new talent trees specs are pretty much a no brainer, you dont have many choices in which talents you should be so personaly i pick a Prot/Retri combination that provides me with the best amount of threat output with survivability and mobility, as for gear goes with Cataclysm Stamina ain't as important as it used to be (except on very particular encounter) so i am for full coverage instead of getting alot of stamina, may seem that im more squishy but actually allows me to sustain alot more time wihtout getting healed and less straigning on the healers.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?

I tend to make my own builds regarding my class since i've only played Prot Paladin most of my WoW lifetime i tend to know my way around but whenever i see major changes coming i tend to either chat with Taelos about it (My prot paladin friend) or just check forums like Mmo-Champion or Elitist Jerks

Please provide a screenshot of your UI during raid boss or dungeon boss combat.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1427324/WoWScrn ... 032725.jpg

This my new new smexy computer since i dont have many wow screenshots i when to attack some dummies so you could see my interface i got it recently it's very smexy :3

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.

(Copy Pasting from Previous App for obvious Reasons :D)
Kaëron was found roaming the Eastern Plaguelands soaked in blood by Argent Dawn scouts and was taken to Lights Hope Chapel, rumour had it that he was the son of a Blood Elf Ambassador which had his party ambushed by the scourge on route to the Ghostlands, the most puzzling question was "how would a child could have survived such and event"
3 weeks after being found Kaëron woke up not knowing what happened to him he was told by The Argent Dawn what happened. Days afterwards The Argent Dawn along with Ithelis (Blood Knight) dispached a Squad of Soldiers to excort Kaëron back to Silvermoon knowing that odds were that the perpetrators would try again to claim his life, a day after they started traveling when all seemed well and they were about to reach the Northpass Tower checkpoint, they noticed something was odd, Ithelis told one of the soldiers to scout the area and they found that all the sentinels were unaccounted for and they found parts of the disembodied officer scattered throughout the Area, before he could do anything Ithelis realized he had walked right into a trap.. Completly Surrounded by Cryptic Stalkers the Squad was completly outnumbered and what became a simple excort mission quickly turned into a bloodbath, The Nerubians toyed with em, and made sure the blood elfs were the last to die, wounded and completly surrounded Ithelis stood in front of Kaëron with every ounce of strenght he had left.. he looked at Kaëron and said "I'm sorry for not being able to protect you.." Kaëron was paralyzed by fear.. and when he was in the verge of screaming.. suddenly flashbacks back... he saw how his father died.. he saw what happened.. but more important.. He saw how he survived... as Kaëron was in that state Ithelis could not belive his sight.. he dropped his sword.. and saw Kaëron getting by a Aura of Light.. as the Nerubian Overseer stepped to deliver the finishing blow.. Kaëron Opened his eye and a blast of light so strong that you could confuse it for the sun.. Obliterrated all the Scourge in a 1 mile radius... he fainted shortly after..

Ithelis Carried him to Silvermoon after what happened he vowed to train Kaëron into a Blood Knight and from that day on he became known as Kaëron Sunkeeper...

And thats the tale of how Kaëron became a Blood Knight

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.

I have a retribution offspec as you may be aware from the previous App im not amazing at it but it's usefull on certain encounters where u need some1 with an offspec and obviously practice makes perfect and im a fast learner.

PS - I apologise if i copy pasted much of the previous app it just seemed silly replying to the same questions and not putting in the info i had already given. I Hope thats ok :)

Regards Kaë

2011 Oct 03 (Mon) 4:39 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Post Re: Kaëron, Protection Paladin, Round 2!
Quote:
Mia from Luminous Path the 3 of them pointed out that you might have a spot open for a tank.

Just so people have a better understanding of who, Ilith and Seranyl are friends of Kaemon I believe. Also both me and Savian have both spoken to him when he was in a Skype Convo as while were running Molten Core tonight.

Quote:
This my new new smexy computer since i dont have many wow screenshots i when to attack some dummies so you could see my interface i got it recently it's very smexy :3

I think a few members have a Elv UI fanclub here. They even indoctrinated me.

Anyway, Good luck with you application. :D

Last edited by Myisha on 2011 Oct 03 (Mon) 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

2011 Oct 03 (Mon) 5:20 am
Former Member

Class: Death Knight
Mia!? Who is Mia! I'm a male DK!

Yeah, we met through some friend not too long ago. Good luck with the appl!

2011 Oct 03 (Mon) 8:08 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Hey there Kaëron,

Nice to see you check in here again. Like you know in round 1 we finally decided we would decline it on the basis we already had the necessary tanks and we didn't want to get you in just to bench you without any promises for raiding. However times have changed now so let's see if we can't get something out of this...

You say the talent choices don't have many options availiable for a prot paladin, I would beg to differ. Prot pallys has a large variety of different combinations either, survival, situational use or threath output or even a mix of them all. Could you list some examples of these (preferable via talent calculator links)?

Our progress level is currently Ragnaros heroic. Have you so far studied any fights in Firelands and would you be ready to jump straight into a farmraid?

Saw from your armory that you came back to the game about 5 days ago and have been in the progress of upgrading you're gear. What are your next steps of obtaining some nice upgrades? Anything special in mind?

Looking forward to your replies
/ Vedder

P.S Glad to see the eye friendlier color theme :lol:

2011 Oct 03 (Mon) 10:30 am

Nice to see you check in here again. Like you know in round 1 we finally decided we would decline it on the basis we already had the necessary tanks and we didn't want to get you in just to bench you without any promises for raiding. However times have changed now so let's see if we can't get something out of this...

Hello there, yes i am aware that round 1 end up in a "decline" do the fact that you would end up benching me, its cool.

You say the talent choices don't have many options availiable for a prot paladin, I would beg to differ. Prot pallys has a large variety of different combinations either, survival, situational use or threath output or even a mix of them all. Could you list some examples of these (preferable via talent calculator links)?

Regarding the talent tree's maybe i expressed myself wrong what i meant was with the new talent tree's it's alot harder to actually make a "bad" build considering how simple the tree's are. In a nutshell you can switch some talents around for specific encounters but they are all very straightforward. For example if you want more movement speed and more range on your judgement you can go for a 0/31/10 build http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sZGMhcRkdRRucbG , or you can also ditch the Pursuit of Justice and get some more agressive talents, fact is from my personal experience i find the holy tree kind of useless as tanking goes besides the Judgement of the Pure talent there are none that are very appealing when it comes to tanking, so you end up having to choose Prot/Retri and in that yes you can fool around with some talents you can take choose to not talent concencration because it doesn't affect that much the rotation or get the Eternal Glory which is handy when it procs but in the end the tree's will not differ that much. Obviously i dont mind re-specing for a specific encounter if that is needed for raid progression.

Our progress level is currently Ragnaros heroic. Have you so far studied any fights in Firelands and would you be ready to jump straight into a farmraid?

Your progress level, being quite honest i have not seen any of the firelands encounters at least with proper raiding eye, Of course i plan onto studying em, was actually thinking of doing that today since i pretty much dont have anything to do, but as for jumping straight onto a farmraid as much as i would like that i am afraid i might be a bit undergeared i'd like to normal content first if possible even tho im a fast learner and if needed i can jump straight to whatever you need. It just nice to get some feels onto the fights beforehand

Saw from your armory that you came back to the game about 5 days ago and have been in the progress of upgrading you're gear. What are your next steps of obtaining some nice upgrades? Anything special in mind?

Yes i came back to the game around a week ago, and i've been trying to get much gear as possible at the moment what i really need is Shoulders... (DAMN YOU ZUL'AMAN Y U NO GIVE ME SHOULDERS!!! Really they never drop) and some trinkets aswell i will most likely switch some gems around for more mastery but atm im just aiming for more survivability so shoulders new trinket would be my primary upgrades (also been doing the fireland dailies to get some smexy upgrade)

Regards Kaë

2011 Oct 03 (Mon) 11:09 am
Former Member

hi a question. with the new changes to prot palas and tanking generally, how has your gear/tanking thinking changed?

Also why have you decided to use eternal glory and guarded by the light? (talent tree) over say...
Judgement of the pure, seals of the pure or rule of law?

also a tip is to get the dps 378 trinket from revered reputation if you can instead of your figurine, a big upgrade.

Also as a reference id like you to go to my armory page below and check what ive done.

Jiander is mr awesome

2011 Oct 03 (Mon) 11:38 am

Hi a question. with the new changes to prot palas and tanking generally, how has your gear/tanking thinking changed?

I actually like the fact that they added some versatility with the new "Holy Shield" skill, it is not as amazing as it was tanking in the burning crusade but it is fairly enjoyable and the threat buff was fairly nice awesome considering undergeared tanks would have problems holding aggro against properly geared dps.
As for gear/tanking thinking goes i still am "Full Battle Coverage" (Mastery FTW) kind of guy even tho i am aware as that stamina is important aswell, as for tanking goes i really enjoy what blizz did with the "hand" skills very versatile and allows me to give proper support.

Also why have you decided to use eternal glory and guarded by the light? (talent tree) over say...
Judgement of the pure, seals of the pure or rule of law?

Well to be frank i have been considering doing some changes around my talent tree i got this Tree before the Word of Glory nerf, and it was lovely for me on those sticky situations to get it to proc and heal me twice, Also Guarded by the light would have a complementary effect as it would help me great with the Word of Glory proc. as for Judgement of the Pure taleting goes i find it very weak against other talents i'd rather grab those talents and use em on Rule of Law for example. In a Nutshell i give up some damage for more survivability it might not feel as much but properly timed the hole Word of Glory + Guarded by the Light makes a pretty nifty combo even with the Word of Glory nerf i can use the extra holy power for aditional threat.

Also a tip is to get the dps 378 trinket from revered reputation if you can instead of your figurine, a big upgrade.

Im not revered unfortunatly im just friendly :(

Also as a reference id like you to go to my armory page below and check what ive done.

Seems like a very aggressive build threat/damage wise, i'd personaly change that Judgement of the Pure and put it on Rule of Law but still very slik nonetheless.

Regards Kaë

2011 Oct 03 (Mon) 12:51 pm
Former Member

Class: Death Knight
I notice you use ElvUI point for that ;) but I also notice that you have only couple abilities actually hotkeyed, and even those are on the action bar that automatically has hotkeys. So my question is are you a mouseclicker?

2011 Oct 03 (Mon) 3:43 pm

I notice you use ElvUI point for that but I also notice that you have only couple abilities actually hotkeyed, and even those are on the action bar that automatically has hotkeys. So my question is are you a mouseclicker?

Well i'd say i am a semi-clicker most of abilities are within button reach others i click. It is something i am planing on changing. Personaly i only find the lack of keybinds crucial in pvp i have been trying to sort out some nice keybindings for my shaman which is a pain so i can improve my pvp. But as for tanking goes with my main i dont have a problem tanking even with semi clicking (I used to raid on really crap computers and ended up getting used to tank like this i guess). But for sure this is something i plan on gradually improving. :)

2011 Oct 03 (Mon) 4:00 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Good to see you back! Nothing to add really that hasn't been said last night or in the previous app besides wishing you good luck! 8-)

2011 Oct 03 (Mon) 6:50 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page1, 2, 3  Next