NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 27 (Sat) 9:55 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
Declined: Maideth - Blood DK 

Class: Death Knight
Post Declined: Maideth - Blood DK
Name: Maideth, until i get bored of it and rename...

Race, Class, and Main Spec: Blood elf, Death Knight, Blood SPEC ms, both Unholy and Frost OS PVE

Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Maideth/simple

What's your name and where are you from? My name is George and i am from Greece. I'd like to keep more info about my personal life private, of course i can provide you with any information privately!

How old are you? Please express your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.

I don't know whats a Reverse Polish Notation so i'll answer in a simple laconic way! 20.

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding?

WoTLK (ICC 12/12 on Tarren Mill), Cataclysm(13/13 Defias) - (7/7FL Defias) normal attended with both Starbreaker and Maideth. I have also tanked heroic WoTLK

Apart from that i got casual experience from several TBC raids, i started playing a bit before TBC and i was playing way too casually, so i pretty much count my WoTLK era is real raiding experience in guilds with high standards.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.

Yeah, i play this character 2 and a half year if memory doesn't fail me. I also have a somewhat serious alt a resto/resto Druid called Starbreaker

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?

I have been in several guilds in different realms, most of them died but could possibly mention my last 2 guilds in this realm, Dark Prophecy and Conflux.

Dark Prophecy: I really had a lot of fun playing with them, i was in Dark Prophecy from April to July, great guys and i am still friends with all of them none the less they were quite a dead at the Summer close to a point of me being a lone raider so i decided to leave them, at that point most of my pre Firelands progression was pugged.

Conflux: This was partly my creation and i am somewhat bitter with the way it ended. After i left Dark Prophecy i joined several social guilds ( The Violet Star, Discord ) and eventually found Wrix the leader of Conflux which was a starting raiding guild, i joined them as healer with my druid and then once their tank left i became their Main tank and leading officer in raids. Everything was going great, at start we had many people not coming on raids so we rarely ever had a stable raiding team none the less with a lot work and patience we climbed to 6/7 pre nerf in some weeks, a guild of pvpers who wanted to become raiders with only having 2-3 people who actually have had raiding experience. What we did was pretty much with me and Wrix being the only ones having raiding experience in Firelands, we recruited people who probably had zero gear and zero experience and taught em several things as well as gear them. Eventually when we have finally found our balance as a raiding team and we reached our first goal of having an effective casual stable normals raiding team, lack of discipline towards our leader Wrix made many people get kicked, others left and even our leader left leaving me alone with 3-4 people, i tried to fix this situation and eventually after 1 week our leader came back just to end the guild 1 week later disappointed by the new recruits and lacking the patience to make a new team.

Now when it comes to other raiding guilds background, i have been in various raiding guilds while in WoTLK including an old good multi gaming guild (Death Before Dishonor) which had started from Quake back in 1999 and ended on WoTLK ( 2009 ). I have been member of them for nearly 10 years, they made me to start WoW in fact when they were in need of a tank. I have also played SWG and other games with them. DBD i think originally had started on Magtheridon, none the less we had many sub divisions in different realms and if i was to speculate a roster number that would be around dunno 100-200 active people scattered around Europe in different realms?

We Are Not Repaired: Currently one of the top Guilds in Burning Blade EU in Horde. This guild was the aftermath of DBD's inner side drama which lead to its destruction, i was a back up tank there too.

Ever since i started WoW for my friends, i have been quite babysitted in a manner, in the need of creating a reliable tank for the guild's needs. And been taught many things in small amount of time, i have been joining raids since 1st month of my 80 level characters.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.

Alaina, Burning Blade - EU, leader of We Are Not Repaired. Guild mates for years in DeathBeforeDishonor in many games and somewhat my tanking mentor.

I could possibly say i have talked for some hours, could be considered spam with Jotra hehe.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?

I am not sure what exactly "What is your role in raids" means but i can say that i have raid leaded many times. And from a tanking role perspective. tanking in my opinion is subjective to the guild's needs, i have seen people and teams who just controlled the tank the way they needed to and i have seen tanks commanding the raids. One of the reasons i like tanking is the gamble of free choice, to pull or not to pull that mob and the aftermath of the encounter based on my performance. Tanks are the pillars of a team, responsible for making sure the DPS can do their jobs freely while in the same time try not to stress their healers. And especially when it comes to a DK tank, the need of correct CD timing puts your reflexes into a test. A dk tank can be the best tank or the worst, there's no average.

I am never satisfied, which is something that comes even in my work. But in general i am less sad if i don't do silly mistakes and not stress my healers.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.

I have 2 blood specs which are to be honest with you several popular tanking specs that so far haven't failed me. I could say that my current blood spec is an interrupting oriented one which is appropriate for a 10m raiding team. If i was tanking for a 25m team, i would probably take off Endless winter and put some Crimson Scourge for extra AoE. But in general i think the DK tanking builds are pretty straight forward on what they do, then again there are more options when it comes to Itemization than other tanking classes.

When it comes to my geming, its based on experience, i change gems and enchants every now and then, based on boss experiences and what seems to fit better my current stats base. But i mostly use the Mastery -> Stamina & Avoidance gems rule. Might as well keep some hybrid tanking parts with expertise and hit rating for Alysrazor in the side.

When it comes to my stats, Mastery and Avoidance(dodge and parry) and thirdly stamina. Mastery is pretty much a base stat for a blood DK and avoidance to stabilize my character's performance and give consistency. Sometimes avoidance in fights like Baleroc works better than mastery its all a matter of boss hits being fast or not. If a boss is hitting fast such as Baleroc, having high avoidance is a good thing.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?

Elitistjerks, Mmo champion.

Please provide a screenshot of your UI during raid boss or dungeon boss combat.

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/2315/wowscrnshot100411211215.jpg

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.

The truth is i have never RPed, none the less i'll try to make up something, so bare with me!

My life started as a paladin of the Sin'dorei, someone who has betrayed her own kind due to her addiction to power and ambitions to lead her own race. In the third war Maideth has helped the Nethrezim by giving information regarding the magic barrier of Slvermoon. Once Silvermoon fell, she has awaited for her reward for the help she has offered to the Nethrezim yet she found her own demise by the hand of Arthas him self. Eventually she was chosen by the Lich King to join the Knights of the Ebon Blade, with sole life purpose to destroy the Knights of the Silverhand. A shadow of her own self, with no memories an emotionless hollow mind, serving under Darion Mograine's command. With the help of the Knights of the Silverhand, who have restored the Knights of the Ebon Blade conciseness and only some small fragments of her memory, she is now trying to prove her self to the horde and seek redemption.

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.

I will know my university course schedule in the next month, none the less no worries, i can still skip lessons, last year i had 80% attendance yet i succeed in all my modules.

2011 Oct 04 (Tue) 8:38 pm

Post Re: Maideth - Blood DK
Err about the Reverse Polish Notation, my mind went to somewhere else, so i'll answer that here!!

My age in Reverse Polish Notation is

10 10 +

@sorry for the double post, seems like i don't have rights to edit!

2011 Oct 04 (Tue) 8:45 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Hello Maideth!

Very nice to see another tank application and a serious Blood DK at that! We used to have a good DK tank, but they got pinned down by the druids and their evil magic changed them into another one of them. Those guys reproduce like crazy!

Anyway, as for your spec, it is identical to mine. The tanks here are the first line of interrupting defense. Having DPS interrupt is considered a luxury, so for the same reasons, my DK took that spec for the same reasons as you have got yourself.

Your gemming and reforging is good. You got good gem.

Spec, Gear, Gems, Reforging and Enchanting are all spot on. I could ask some questions but I would feel you can answer them without hinderance. You get my seal of approval on them anyway.

2011 Oct 04 (Tue) 8:52 pm

Myisha wrote:
Hello Maideth!

Very nice to see another tank application and a serious Blood DK at that! We used to have a good DK tank, but they got pinned down by the druids and their evil magic changed them into another one of them. Those guys reproduce like crazy!

Anyway, as for your spec, it is identical to mine. The tanks here are the first line of interrupting defense. Having DPS interrupt is considered a luxury, so for the same reasons, my DK took that spec for the same reasons as you have got yourself.

Your gemming and reforging is good. You got good gem.

Spec, Gear, Gems, Reforging and Enchanting are all spot on. I could ask some questions but I would feel you can answer them without hinderance. You get my seal of approval on them anyway.

Hehehe, hopefully i wont end up another feral druid :X. Druids are indeed evil :twisted: As aforementioned i already have a resto/resto druid, changing one of the resto specs to feral could be an option, but to be honest with you having experienced every other tanking class, i have already found my self in DK, activite mitigation is a pain in the ass somethings even for multi-taskers but heck, i love challenges. There are high chances you'll see me with a paladin tank once i get it to 85 though.

2011 Oct 04 (Tue) 9:01 pm
Officer (Retired)

Spoke a little to Maideth in-game, I have to admit, I found them very pleasant, eager to learn and jump in. Even spoke about tactics and differences between the various methods such as Fatboss and Icy-veins.com.

Thumbs up from me at least. :D

2011 Oct 04 (Tue) 9:50 pm
Officer (Retired)

Hey there Maideth,

Glad to see your interest in our guild, your story about Conflux is a bit sad though seems like you guys had a lot of potential to climb up the realm ranks.

What really caught my eye on this application was this below quoted section, I fully agree with you on this part and the dk tanks has literally a handful of cd's and using them at the appropriate time makes you perfect while using them without thinking could be the difference between a dead tank or a top healed one.
Quote:
A dk tank can be the best tank or the worst, there's no average.

Some other questions though, noticed you have mining as your secondary profession, are you in any plans of chaining this to a more raidviable one? (Where you have the option to have the extra stat of say the 2 according to you more powerful ones than stamina like mastery or dodge/parry)?.

From my PoV your UI seems a bit messy if not very messy, are you really focusing on every addon in your screenshot and also what addon do you use for your raidframes, or are you using the blizzard default ones? Do you sometimes have trouble to track the raidmembers positions?

All for now
/ Vedder (a.k.a. one of the druids with the "evil magic")

2011 Oct 04 (Tue) 10:35 pm

When it comes to profession's i would consider changing mining to Engineering that could actually come quite handy for a raid, but i still think that both the race and profession bonuses could probably give a small degree of advantage. The truth is that i have always managed my profession in an manner of trying to be self maintaining independent. Though Engineering will be replacing mining any time sooner i guess.

About the UI, it actually might as well sound weird but i am used to it. My binds used to be a lot cleaner with my old keyboard which had way too many extra buttons around my left hand but now i was actually forced to get used to use some abilities by mouse and if you ask me now i wouldn't change it, i feel extremely comfortable the way it is at the moment, in fact when i play i never look at my skill/spell bar because i have everything memorized in my brain due to using them over and over again. Though my ui on the healer is a lot cleaner.

Now about other addons, these are the addons i use for pretty much everything.

Recount
TitanPanel
DBM
Boss Logger
Transcriptor
Combat Stats logs
Blood Shield Tracker
Bartender

In general i am not really using any addon that effects my gameplay, i am addon-independent, but i love statistics addons, the only way i can evaluate my performance CD timing & usage is using the logs i gather using various addons and as a DK i find the need of timing my CDs very important.

When it comes to my addon setup while in raids, yeah i use statistics mostly the first time i encounter a boss until i time my CDs correctly which might aswell take 1-5 tries. I use the default blizzard ui frames though customized from the options.

2011 Oct 05 (Wed) 12:29 am
Former Member

maideth wrote:
When it comes to profession's i would consider changing mining to Engineering that could actually come quite handy for a raid, but i still think that both the race and profession bonuses could probably give a small degree of advantage. The truth is that i have always managed my profession in an manner of trying to be self maintaining independent. Though Engineering will be replacing mining any time sooner i guess.

Yea, we pretty much require you to have two "real" professions because of the advantages they have over things like mining. Another thing is that your UI is kinda messy tbh, you should give ElvUI a go, its really nice and clean UI. Also I kinda find it strange that you have your runes, and blood shield showing only in the top left corner, don't you think something that important should be placed somewhere you can see it all the time? In the top right corner are your buffs, even stuff like blade barrier that you really should try to keep up as much as possible. I'm kinda having hard time believing you can easily track things like that from your current UI.

2011 Oct 05 (Wed) 10:21 am

Jotra wrote:
maideth wrote:

Yea, we pretty much require you to have two "real" professions because of the advantages they have over things like mining. Another thing is that your UI is kinda messy tbh, you should give ElvUI a go, its really nice and clean UI. Also I kinda find it strange that you have your runes, and blood shield showing only in the top left corner, don't you think something that important should be placed somewhere you can see it all the time? In the top right corner are your buffs, even stuff like blade barrier that you really should try to keep up as much as possible. I'm kinda having hard time believing you can easily track things like that from your current UI.

Yeah Engineering is definitely something i will be putting over mining.

i have already tried the UI you have aforementioned, i hated it :P. Well to be fair its more like i have put it on but it had so many modules that i gave up trying to configure. Its more like the "Power of using and reusing". I am somewhat negative in changing anything on my ui because it works perfectly so far for me, my monitor is like 19inches and i never really had any problems looking at everything with the side of my eye. I have tried many times to clean up my UI but always in the end it comes badly.

i am always having my threat/stats buffs, other things on the sides and i try to have my middle of the screen as clear as possible that's how i always tanked so i can have a clear view. And then with the side of my eyes take a look on my stats/threat etc.

2011 Oct 05 (Wed) 1:17 pm
Officer (Retired)

Hey Maideth,

First of I'd like to say thank you for your efforts in joining our test raids. I would think you would fit very well socially in this guild, but as you know we are currently in the steps to progress on Ragnaros heroic, and from what we saw we won't currently be able to add you to our raiding roster, as our standards are currently quite high.
Thanks for your interest in our guild though and good luck out there.

2011 Oct 08 (Sat) 1:00 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]