NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Mar 29 (Fri) 9:50 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next
Accepted: Tearl - Tauren warrior - Social application 

Class: Warrior
Post Accepted: Tearl - Tauren warrior - Social application
Name: Tearl
Race, Class, and Main Spec: Tauren Warrior, Protection.
Armory Link:

What's your name and where are you from?
Name is Geir Håkon, Come from Norway (kristiansand)

How old are you? Please express your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.
20 6 +

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding? Been playing since... 1week after defias brotherhood launch. something like.. many years!
End game experience;
Vanilla - until twin emps in AQ40 at vanilla, spider wing in naxx 40
TBC - Until SSC before the nerf of raids.
WOTLK - Until Trial of the crusader.
Cataclysm - Alittle bit in the first two instances that came.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts. Yes, this is my main character. Other alts: Antiges (gnome mage), Zahrael (human paladin), Aeana (Goblin rogue main alt)

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?
Complete Guild history:
Knights of the holy grail (defias brotherhood - Vanilla )
Played during the early days of wow, until something like level 48, at what time i joined another guild, whitch name eludes me at the moment.

Darnassus Sentinels (scarshield legion - Vanilla )
First real RP guild, was guild leader there a while, Leveled a new warrior there until level 60, then i joined a raiding guild for the rest of vanilla wow.

Unfinished Sympathy ( Scarshield legion - Vanilla )
First real raiding guild, joined at 4th tank, quickly rose to main tank during less then a month due to some officers drama. got demoted to 2nd tank once a old member rejoined. Raid leaded and main tanked MC, BWL, ZG. Once TBC was launched i drop behind on leveling and interest in wow. and i ended up leaving after a while.

Thunderwolfs ( Sporregar - TBC (horde) )
Made this guild together with a friend to start anew. Leveled a new warrior to level 70, did 10man raids and all of that until middle of TBC. At what time i leveled my mage to 70, joined another guild.

Wardens ( The maelstrong - TBC/wotlk (alliance) )
Was here for most part of TBC and wotlk. Raid leader, Main tank, healer, dps with Mage, Paladin, warrior. Left once guild was going downwards, after guild leader left. Then migrated to Defias brotherhood again with some friends ( Elloa, Alakina, Sidori + others )

Whitestar ( Defias brotherhood - Wotlk/cata)
Played here for latest parts of wotlk, and cataclysm. Together with Elloa, Alakina, sidori +others )
lost sorta intress in wow, migrated to rift, and played some other game and such then back to wow together with previously mentioned people, Transfered my warrior and rogue over the horde.

And here i am, applying to your dear guild!

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.
Refereances, dont realy know who play anymore. But elloa, sidori, alakina knows me very well. you they are also members of luminous path.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not? Tanking! It's what i do, and it's what i love. if the boss dies, and no people died because i lost aggro or missed my abilities. i'm happy :)

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
My experience with warrior tanking made my spec, i've choisen the talents i find usefull for how i play. Many years of experience sorta just formed me into this.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
I very rarely read up on my class. But i have used tankspot for learning some tactics for bosses.

Please provide a screenshot of your UI during raid boss or dungeon boss combat. I do not use any addons, so a very simply standard wow ui :)

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.
if you do not mind, i would like to add more to this part later. I have not yet made a story for this character.

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application. This is a social application, on the request of my dear friends elloa, sidori and alakina.. euhm.. GF of savian actualy, dont remember her horde character names :)

2011 Oct 24 (Mon) 11:39 pm
Former Member

Class: Priest
Post Re: Tearl - Tauren warrior - Social application
my happyvoice!!!...i say bring him iiiiin! another social close m8 to keep the gchat alive!!!

2011 Oct 24 (Mon) 11:43 pm
Profile WWW
Former Member

Yay!! That's my oldest friend in WOW ! Please say yes! He is an excellent tank, a very nice , sweet and pleasant friend!

2011 Oct 24 (Mon) 11:44 pm
Profile WWW
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Big vouch from me, does that count for something Mr. Vedder? :D Nicely done app, incredibly detailed background as well.

Sav. 8-)

Edit: Damn, he IS a good tank!

2011 Oct 25 (Tue) 12:18 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Friend of a Friend usually becomes a good Friend.

2011 Oct 25 (Tue) 9:34 am
Former Member

self taught tank = the best tanks.

2011 Oct 25 (Tue) 10:53 am

Class: Warrior
Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
I've choisen protection spec for tanking, it's what does the job best. My spec is more focused towards 5man heroics then raids. this is the reason why i have taken more damage oriented talents.

Blood and thunder i find as one of the best talents for dungeons, you slap on a rend on a target. then thunderclap. and there is a solid tick on all mobs of the group. Hold the line is for more damage, as i find it as useull to deal propper damage as tank it in heroics. With improved revenge, and cleave glyph. i use this alot during groups to dash out threat and damge all across the pack.

I have also choisen the improved charge in arms tree, to be able to stun more mobs during the assault. I use stuns alot during my fights, this combined with shockwave, war stomp, concussive blow. I can control fights easily. and to buy the healer a break if i need alot of heals.

Vigilance, well... not realy needed. mostly forget to use it anyway. but nice to have on the healer just in case i should miss a mob or two during the assault.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
My years of experience with a warrior tank have learned, and adapted me into how i play today. I rarely read up on my class. the few times i have, it's to get clarification on abilites and such. This is then been done on the wow warrior forums. I've also used tank spot to learn boss fights.

Please provide a screenshot of your UI during raid boss or dungeon boss combat. I do not use any addons, so a very simply standard wow ui :)

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.

The air was dry, though fresh. on the horizont, one could see the great stiluetes of orgrimmar aproacing. The silent howl of the wind passing by was broken by the captain starting to howl out orders. "shipman! tighten those ropes!, roarman! steady course towards land" more orders where barked out.

I stod there, at the bow of the zepplin. Returning to orgrimmar, a veteran of war. a hero of the horde some would call me. I shared none of their feelings. My head drifted back into thoughts, thinking back to my beginning. just a calf those many years ago. throughts of my mother, father and siblings. whom i had not seen for so many years. "A outcast, thats what i am!"

the zepplin was gliding into dock, ropes where tighted and ship made secure. the goblins went along with their usual business as normal when reaching port. supplies would need to be brought onboard, some minor repairs. The normal ruitines of a zepplin crew.

"Is this all there is? routine?" i disembarked the zepplin, heard the captain wish me well. but i could not bother my self to reply. as i exited the zepplin tower, a smile reached my lips my spirit was filled with a rare feeling of relief.

"Orgrimmar, the warriors city! what a sight, so long since i've been here last. And yet so diffrent, with larger and better fortification, towers surounded by zepplins leading to the far reaches of the horde terretories"

I turned north, heading along the path leading to one of the elevators from the skyway platou, as i reached the tower i noticed the small tauren camp raised the the west. "They do not understand, they would not know" i took the elevator down. Headed along the ridge, watching how much was being built felt strange. Passed by a grunt standing on the edge, i resisted the urge to kick him in the back and leave him flying to the ground. I passed rest of the drag in my own thoughts.

As i entered the valley of honor. i pass by a orc screaming out call of arms to anyone willing to join the warchiefs horde. The orc sees me and starts aproaching, i stare at the orc as he starts talking about battles and campain in need of heroes. "if the warchief needs heroes, why are you standing here? Go fight his casue instead of screaming it!" i hold my tounge, keeping my thoughts for my self. The orc notices i am not interested, or he sees i am tired. eitherway he shifts his sight, and points at another orc behind me. I continue towards the barracks, to meet my old friend. one i have not seen, or heard from since the campaign started.

"whats your buiniss here?" a orc grunt calls out as i approaches. i explain him i am here to see a friend of mine. He signals me to continue.
"I am here to see Grunt Grothak, he was returned here for recovery after from the campaign into twilight highlands". i say as i approach one orc seeming to be in charge of things.
The orc stares at me for alittle while, then leaves. i presume it's to bring my friend. He returns alittle later and hands me a letter. I am sorry, but your friend is gone. he asked me to give you this.

I stare down at the letter, the feeling is not unkown to me. The feeling of loosing a brother in arms. i bow slightly as i turn and leave. outside, i look arround. I see a inn at the side of the barracks, the the wyvern's tail. as i enter, i tell the innkeeper i will stay a day or two. she shows me where i can keep my things. I settle down at a table, orders a drink. i open the letter, and starts reading:

Brother and friend, i am affraid my wounds are grave and i will not be able to survive the travel home at ship. We had fought many battles, brothers and friends have been lost. With my death you will be the last thunderwolf. One can not travel this world alone, you must find others again! Do not let your rage consume you as i have seen it done so many times. I will not be there to calm your storm. There are some, i've heard whispers among the dying here. A band, or something. called The Luminous Path. I am affraid i do not know these people. But maybe, they can offer you a home, a place where you can belong. You need new friends, new brothers in arms. Our time together have passed, but rest assured. i will watch you from the spirit world. Remember me, remember the thunderwolf's!

Strenght and honor. For the horde!
Grunt Grothak

As i lower my head and closes my eyes. i think about the past with the warband, a mighty band of warriors. i close my hand arround the letter. "You have been my leader, my brother in war. You tought me how to fight, how to live a warriors way. I might have shamed you by my blinding rage, but i will do as you advised me. i will seek out this.. luminous path, maybe i can find a new life, a way to honor you."

with this silent oath, i leave the inn. Even though the death of my last friend pains me deeply reading the letter eased my raging heart. I step down from the stairs, looking arround.

"Now then... where might i find this luminous path? and what will it bring?"

(( i am not sure if this might crash with your lore or anything, i could not access your lore pages propperly, as it was some sort of error. or maybe i dont have access, i dont know. Anyway, hope it might fit ))

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application. This is a social application, on the request of my dear friends elloa, sidori and alakina.. euhm.. GF of savian actualy, dont remember her horde character names :)

2011 Oct 26 (Wed) 5:51 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Yay, we love additional infos! Great story too and don't worry, it doesn't clash with anything.
*makes note to check out the lore pages for errors*

Good stuff 8-)

2011 Oct 26 (Wed) 6:02 pm
Former Member

..i think it was rly good ^^ you have a purpose! now make it so..

2011 Oct 26 (Wed) 6:04 pm
Profile WWW
Former Member

Really nice, I liked it! \o/ Accept the poor feller already! :D

2011 Oct 26 (Wed) 6:07 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next