NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Mar 28 (Thu) 7:07 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next
Declined: Arcane Mage Ayman 

Class: Mage
Post Declined: Arcane Mage Ayman
Name:
Ayman

Race, Class, and Main Spec:
Mage, Arcane

Armory Link:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... n/advanced

What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Ayman and im livign in the Netherlands

How old are you? Please express your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.
24 years old

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding?
I started playing i think a year after TBC release mostly pvp at that time. In Wotlk i have done all hc endgame bosses and achievements untill i quit just before we started serious attempts on lk25 hc.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.
Yes this is my main i have a warrior tank wich i did some of the server first hc10mans and achievements with in wotlk so i wouldnt exactly call him an alt. Also have every class at either end or high level(except for dk wich isnt exactly a class)

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?
Was mostly casual pvp in tbc so didnt join any serious guild, wotlk joined Crimson Tide mid Naxx wich merged with Conquest into Phase Two mid Ulduar stayed with them untill i quit wow.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.
I came back to wow a month ago found out that most ppl i raided with quit, some joined revelations and knightsfall. There are 2 players iim still in contact with they are currently raiding with Solace, Ragazar and Sccavanger.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?
Dps role is simple imo, if you have specific assignments like setting off magma traps perform them correctly then take the least amount of dmg and do the most amount of dmg.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
Well as a mage there isnt any other choice for endgame raiding apart from arcane(excluding Alysrazor), blizz tried to buff fire but didnt do too good of a job.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
Mostly EJ, Tankspot and various spreadsheets.

Please provide a screenshot of your UI during raid boss or dungeon boss combat.
Dont have a screenshot, but its mostly standard ui with small addons like tidyplates, grid and castbars, nothing special really.

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.
I have never rp'd before so bear with me.

I was once a school teacher with a loving wife and children living in Capital City... that is untill arthas and his scourge came to our lands. Murdered his own father, his own people, turning them into unholy abberations. protecting my family i fell to the lich king within the city walls serving him in undeath, thank god my family made it out alive. Under the lich kings rule i have done many horrible things and wouldve done more had the the banshee Sylvanas not freed me from his grasp. Under the dark lady's banner i travelled to the far reaches of azeroth and the outlands joining in the war efforts agains the horde's foes. Now i have come to join your clan offering my services agains Deathwing the Destroyer.

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.
I came back to wow after a 1.5 year break been playing for a month now pugging firelands and first tier content and find that with each xpansion the the average player skill takes a nosedive. I would like to once again join a endgame raiding guild with social people that know what they are doing. As you can see im not much of a talker at first but i loosen up once i get to know ppl.

2011 Nov 14 (Mon) 9:01 pm
Officer (Retired)

Post Re: Arcane Mage
Hey there Ayman! Officers have noted your application and will get back to you with any questions they have.

Sav. 8-)

2011 Nov 14 (Mon) 9:25 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Hey Ayman,

In my eyes this application comes of as a bit unserious.
For instance:
ayman wrote:
Please provide a screenshot of your UI during raid boss or dungeon boss combat.
Dont have a screenshot, but its mostly standard ui with small addons like tidyplates, grid and castbars, nothing special really.

This is something that doesn't even take a minute to get hold of. Reasons why we ask for it may be others than to see what addons you use.

Taking into account you've barely written more than a sentence on most of the questions, do you feel you could have put a bit more time in your application to make it "more impressive"?

Also judging by your answer on our age question I see you haven't even bothered to look behind the application template.
If I were guildless I would like to do some reserach about the guild before I start writing an application, but might be just me...

Another question more suitable for the topic, do you have any log parses of some sort? Where we can see what spells you use during an encounter and approximately what level you land on the meters while smashing the number 3 key :D .

Looking forward to your response
/ Vedder

2011 Nov 15 (Tue) 1:22 am

Right, starting with a screenshot of my ui

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n617/hamman102/WoWScrnShot_111511_012254.jpg

Quote:
Taking into account you've barely written more than a sentence on most of the questions, do you feel you could have put a bit more time in your application to make it "more impressive"?

to be quite honest i wouldnt know how to make it more impressive simply becasue im not really good at applications, i know it doesnt look like much but i did spend quite some time on it

Quote:
Also judging by your answer on our age question I see you haven't even bothered to look behind the application template.
If I were guildless I would like to do some reserach about the guild before I start writing an application, but might be just me...

Its true i havent done that much research apart from checking out the site and having a chat with one of your officers.
I did some research on rpn but i didnt understand it, i think its 12 12 + ? I looked up other application and thought that it was just a catch to make ppl really think about their application, silly me.

Quote:
Another question more suitable for the topic, do you have any log parses of some sort? Where we can see what spells you use during an encounter and approximately what level you land on the meters while smashing the number 3 key :D .

True its mostly arcane blasts hehe but difficulty in mana management makes up for the lack of spells, and btw i have arcane blast on key 2 :p
Im afraid i dont have any logs of any kind and wouldnt know how to get them, i suppose i could do some raids and upload some recount screenshots.

While its not alot of words i am a bit saddend that you see my application as a bit unserious, im sure there are others who have the gift of typing many words i sadly do not. all i can say is that i did spend time typing and trying to awnser all your questions as best i could, albeit in few words :)

2011 Nov 15 (Tue) 3:09 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Thanks for your answers, I'm also sorry if I came out a bit harsh. I was mainly trying to probe some first impression feelings I had. Judging by your answers though I see that you are serious about it all.
Popping in later for more questions.

2011 Nov 15 (Tue) 12:48 pm
Former Member

Class: Shaman
OMG Arcane Blast not on 3!
Bob fix this plz!

O sry Btw and hello and GL with app.

2011 Nov 15 (Tue) 5:53 pm
Officer (Retired)

Heya! Couple more questions from me.

How do our raid times, our raid schedule and our progress suit you?
What's your impression of Cata raiding so far?
What's your most and least favourite boss in all of WoW and why?

I see you got a fiery off spec, for what purpose exactly?

2011 Nov 15 (Tue) 6:26 pm

Heey Savian

Quote:
How do our raid times, our raid schedule and our progress suit you?

The raid times is what one would expect from an endgame raiding guild 3 days a week and a good few hours per raid day, wich is what i like to see from serious raiders. As for progress looking at wowprogress it seems aboout average for defias seeing as most endgame guilds have 6/7 hc, that suits me just fine i guess seeing as i havent done any hc in FL yet :p

Quote:
What's your impression of Cata raiding so far?

i have only been playing cata for a month but the impression i got is that they started out quite good with 3 raids reasonably easy on normal and quite difficult on hc wich is how it should be imo. The impression i get from firelands is a bit less positive, first of all they implemented only 1 raid and dragged it out too long, imo 4.3 couldve come abit sooner then december. Also i believe that ragnaros hc is the only boss worthy of calling difficult on hc, at least that is what ive heard and seen so far.

Quote:
What's your most and least favourite boss in all of WoW and why?

Without a doubt Anub'arak 25 hc the guildkiller, after ct and conquest merged into Phase Two we did like 5 bosses hc 25 ulduar in 1 raid day even got algalon server first we were going into totc quite confident, we did all the bosses on hc quite easily but anub had other plans for us. Anub was kinda the reason why most ppl left wich was sad cause we couldve given reve a run for their money.

Quote:
I see you got a fiery off spec, for what purpose exactly?

fire is the preferred spec on alysrazor as it would seem i just specced it so i wouldve liked to try it since arcane doesnt do all that great on that boss.

2011 Nov 15 (Tue) 9:39 pm
Officer (Retired)

Thanks for the explanations, everything I needed to know got answered ;)

2011 Nov 15 (Tue) 11:13 pm
Former Member

Hey there,

Could you describe to me your rotation in a typical fight?
What's approximately your dps on the BH bosses?
What's your reasoning for taking mastery of haste?
Why did you reforge the haste in your belt instead of the crit?

Bob

2011 Nov 16 (Wed) 12:21 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page1, 2  Next