NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Mar 29 (Fri) 4:38 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
Accepted: Remeia, Restoration Shaman 

Class: Shaman
Post Accepted: Remeia, Restoration Shaman
Name:
Remeia
Race, Class, and Main Spec:
Orc Restoration Shaman
Armory Link:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Remeia/advanced

What's your name and where are you from?
Hello, I'm Richard, and live in Norway.

How old are you? Please express your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.
7 4 x

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding?

On and off since the old wow beta. Notable breaks during TBC and early cata until now.

I raided all the classic content except naxxramas on my mage and warlock.
Got back during wrath just in time for ulduar, and did everything in between including Heroic Lich king kill on 25-man.

For cata I quit i back in february, so I got Nefarian on normal down and some other bosses here and there, no heroic modes though.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.

It will be. I have lots of alts and former mains, but I stick with them to the end if that is what you are worried about, I've never rerolled a class while raiding something. I play it as much as needed, so a lot when I need to grind something. (I expect a ton of heroics come next patch to gear up properly for Deathwing) I'm usually online a lot while doing something else, so you can most likely catch me during prime time hours. (idling in the AH is awesome :lol: )

At horde side I have these 85 alts currently:

Reliwa 85 rogue
Metulla 85 Hunter
Sharae 82 Warlock
Márishka 77 Mage

and ally side:
Sjaramei 85 priest (my WoTLK/early cata main)

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?

I played on Deathwing early classic on my mage, raiding with Sacrilege before it broke up, the rerolling warlock on Dentarg (horrible server), and raiding the rest of the content there with Silentium (broke up) then with Cadre in AQ.

For WotLK I played on this server (awesome), starting out in Unknown Factor on my priest (ally side), doing the 10-man strict thing up to Tribute to Insanity and normal Lich King kill, and then it broke up due to guild masters quitting the game. I then joined The New Expediton during their heroic ICC 25-man progress, and were part of their heroic lich king kill. I also played early cata with them, but quit before they did any heroic modes. They've also stopped raiding now, and is mostly a social guild for the few left. Cata seems to be a worse guild killer than heroic lich king was :(

Other than those it's only temporary social guilds like the one I'm in now, that doesn't need to get mentioned.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.

I guess you could ask Sóphie on ally side if you can catch him (the guild leader in TNE). Think he would give you any info you need. Since I'm somewhat new to horde side, I don't know many people here yet.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?
My job is healing people. If they screw up and I still keep them alive I'm doing a good job, If they die and I screwed up, I'm doing a bad job. It's obviously more complicated than that (I do have important raid CD's, as well as interrupts), but you get the drift. :)

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.

It's resto, since I like seeing green numbers. I came to my build by screwing it up a lot during leveling, then fixing it some, then reading elitistjerks and similar sites, then fixing it some more. It's by no means the "ultimate" raid specc. Depending if my role is raid healing or tank healing I will swap stuff around a bit. For now it's mostly something that works for most things in dungeon heroics.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
Everywhere! I read a lot here and there, but elitistjerks have been my main go to site the last couple of years, so most of my info is from there. I also keep up with changes from MMO-Champ etc.

Please provide a screenshot of your UI during raid boss or dungeon boss combat.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o88/Sharae_-/WoWScrnShot_112311_174141-1.jpg

Just a regular troll heroic. I lack boss mods in here, but I will grab whichever we want to use when it's needed.

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.

Rem was born in the slave camps back in Azeroth, and helped during the first building of Orgrimmar. Not doing anything else noteworthy during the early years, she was part of the assault and eventually defeat of Arthas in northrend. Known for a somewhat short temper, and low toleration for gnomes and other similar pests. Also very sceptical of the small greenlings that recently joined the horde, and will always look out for whatever criminal actions they might be indulging themselves in. Currently in search of a new band of friends to defeat the new threat to the world.

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.

This character is not completely ready for raids yet, and I don't expect it to be until after patch 4.3, so you will find that I miss some glyphs here and there, and have herbalism still. I plan to powerlevel blacksmithing soonish, so don't be too worried about me still being a flower picker ;)

2011 Nov 23 (Wed) 7:58 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Post Re: Remeia, Restoration Shaman
Heya Remeia! Officers have taken note of your application and will be back with further question soon(tm)!

Sav. 8-)

2011 Nov 23 (Wed) 8:22 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Hi! Thank you for applying to us.

Some questions for you:
-Which is your favorite raid encounter and why?
-Which offspecc do you know the best?
-How does our raidtimes fit you?

//Le boomkin

2011 Nov 24 (Thu) 10:33 am
Officer (Retired)

Hey Remeia,

- What would you say is the primary role for a resto shaman, a focus healer or raid healer?
- Could you list the stat priority that you try to follow when gearing for raiding including what your reforging might look like?

Have no complaints about your current spec. There's a lot of optional and required points to take for performing better at certain roles ofcourse, but your spec is a very viable all around one.

Even though you explain the glyph part, what changes would you make to the ones you currently have if jumping into raiding?

All for now
/ Vedder

2011 Nov 24 (Thu) 5:01 pm

Quote:
-Which is your favorite raid encounter and why?

Algalon for looks, the background for that fight was awesome, it really sucked you in.
Mimiron was also quite awesome because of how impossible killing him looked after the first few tries. (fires everywhere!) That fight really learned me how to heal while moving.
I miss Ulduar.... never thought I would say that after all the hellish flame leviathan trash I had to kill before every reset.

Quote:
-Which offspecc do you know the best?

I've played Enhancement mostly, and it's my dps specc atm. But I don't see a problem picking up elemental instead if we need more ranged stuff, and it should also be faster to gear up obviously, since I guess a hunter would want my enhancement loot first ;)

Quote:
-How does our raidtimes fit you?

They should be fine, aside from some Champions League Wednesdays here and there where I go out with friends to watch a (hopefully) good football game at the pub. That shouldn't be too often though, so I should be available most Wednesdays.

2011 Nov 24 (Thu) 5:09 pm

Vedder wrote:
Hey Remeia,
- What would you say is the primary role for a resto shaman, a focus healer or raid healer?

We have a pretty sick Greater Heal Wave, so we are very viable for tank healing. (guess that's what you mean by focus healer?) I would guess that single target tank healing would be the "primary" role for a resto shaman, though I wouldn't like to use that wording, we can do everything, but some things better than others. ;)
Tank healing should get a small buff in 4.3 as well, with the Riptide HoT being buffed, so we'll see what happens then.

As for 10-man raid healing we are probably better off with another class doing the main raid healing thing. Both Chain heal, and Healing rain, are very position based, so you need to plan ahead and have people stack up for you to get full benefit of them. And since in 10-man we are15 people fewer, it means less stacking, and less opportunities for our raid healing to shine. Riptide is also on CD, so you can't spam it like rejuv or renew either sadly. Our procc HoT, Earthliving, is also better in 25-man, and next to useless in 10-man, so that doesn't help either.

What we do have though is a pretty decent backup raid healer weapon in a Tidal Waved GHW. We can get single targets up very fast when needed, so we can work as a raid healer in a combination with another class. We provide the cheat death mechanic, they get them slowly and efficiently to full. I think I could match very well with a resto druid, or a holy priest for this, but we need to be able to work together well for it to work, and I would need to fix talents and gearing properly. (I will get into this more on your next question)

It is a bit complicated, so some planning is needed if you want me to raid heal, and with 4.3 most likely changing a lot of things, nothing is set in stone either.

Quote:
- Could you list the stat priority that you try to follow when gearing for raiding including what your reforging might look like?

There are no "best" stats for a healing shaman. It very much depends on your role and playstyle.
I like being quick and reactive so I like to get a decent haste rating going, so for me mastery probably isn't the best stat, while for a slower healer it would be insanely awesome. Also, mastery is the only stat that doesn't give you regen. Shaman is a funny class that way.

I would classify my stats in two sides, regen stats, and throughput stats. If I run out of mana a lot, I obviously need more regen, if I never run out of mana, I need more throughput. So my reforging and possibly gemming will reflect that. Since both crit and haste gives regen through Telluric Currents, it gets even more complicated. There is also the mana battery side, If other healers are struggling in a fight, a heavy spirit setup will give them more mana through mana tide. I will need to experience the new content to answer this correctly, but when I do I will do what is needed.

As for a thumb rule, I would pick mastery and crit as the superior tank healing stats, since the tidal waves haste buff makes haste slightly less useful and you want steady and efficient big heals. Then I would most likely pick haste and spirit for raid healing. (depending on encounter mechanics and other healers etc., if I have lots of burst phases, I can regen pretty good during downtime and would want crit instead of spirit)

Quote:
Have no complaints about your current spec. There's a lot of optional and required points to take for performing better at certain roles ofcourse, but your spec is a very viable all around one.

Even though you explain the glyph part, what changes would you make to the ones you currently have if jumping into raiding?

It depends, for major glyphs there is Earthliving weapon, making a somewhat useless 10-man HoT, better at the cost of some passive regen from the Water Shield glyph. If mana is absolutely no problem I will swap in this one just for the tiny healing bonus. There are also the lightning bolt glyphs that can be interesting, since I regen with LB. 4% more damage, means more mana, but I don't think that glyph is worth over a passive water shield, but the able to cast lightning bolt while moving glyph could be very interesting for some encounters.

As for major ones, the healing wave glyph will become more and more useless as I gear up, so I'll probably swap that one for a ghost wolf one. (faster wolf speed) I could also consider the chain heal one if I need to heal two tank standing next to each other, but I haven't done the math on that so I would need to know if thats actually beneficial before I do that :)

2011 Nov 24 (Thu) 6:00 pm
Officer (Retired)

Really like your answers, we're prepared to offer you a spot for trial. The current gear level generates that you will start as social, and the raidingtrial will commence once you get the gear for it.

Altraids on sundays signup on those :D

When you're ready whisper Arache, Savian or me for an invite.

2011 Nov 24 (Thu) 9:52 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]