NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Mar 28 (Thu) 12:45 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page1, 2, 3  Next
Accpted: Kentura - Protection Paladin 

Class: Paladin
Post Accpted: Kentura - Protection Paladin
Name: Kentura
Race, Class, and Main Spec: Tauren, Paladin, Protection.
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... ura/simple

What's your name and where are you from? My name is Rasmus and I am from Sweden.

How old are you? Please express your answer in Reverse Polish Notation. I'm 17 years old.

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding? I've been playing wow pretty much since the beginning, I wasn't that good at first, I was too young to understand the game. I got to lvl 60 in vanilla but I never raided. During Burning Crusade I got to lvl 70, I did a little bit of raiding, but I was never hardcore. In WOTLK I was doing OK, still not a hardcore raider, but I cleared most the raids as they were active.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts. This is my main character and I am online every day doing various things such as farming mats for the future and for my alts, doing RP gear raids and a HC every day for some gold and JP. I got one serious alt, it's a priest, not decided what spec is gonna be my main spec yet, but that will come in time.

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild? I was first in Sovereign when Cataclysm launched, got all my gear with them and I was number 3 best geared horde paladin for the first 2-3 months of lvl 85. Then the Guild Leader left, and so did I. After that I joined Dragon Blood Conclave, cleared BoT, BWD and ToT4W and had them on farm, then the guild went inactive, I got tired of it and I left, explaining that I wanted to do more raiding on HC and progress even further in HC. Then I went inactive for some time, then in 4.2 I got back online and active again and I joined Violent Noise. I've cleared Firelands normal with them now, but they are not doing any heroics either. That is why I am right now sitting in my chair, writing this.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also. I know Krylon quite well, we raided together in Violent Noise and we're playing Minecraft alot together. He can recommend me, and he is also a part of the reason why I am applying to this guild.

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not? My job is to tank, I've always tanked and it's what I like to do the most. I consider myself doing a good job when I am fast on picking aggro, maintaining aggro and when I can follow tactics precisely and without errors. A bad day for me would be a day where I can't focus, I can miss adds and perhaps have a dps pick them up instead of me, I miss tactics and I get hit by unessecary DMG during encounters and have the healers heal more than they should have to. In worst case scenarios I fail completely and wipe the entire group, this does not happen very often.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did. My spec I choose in 4.1, It's taken from Elitist and is to me a tank / support spec where I have raidwide damage reduction and all the tools to help myself and my raid members for the best overall tanking.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game? ElitistJerks.com

Please provide a screenshot of your UI during raid boss or dungeon boss combat. http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq11 ... 230915.jpg

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it. I came to azeroth a long time ago from the far mountains of Scandinavia, I've fought my way up in the ranks, had many enemies fall by my sword and I show no mercy for any foe. I was trained in the ways of the sun, to become a master of the light. The journey has been long, but I've remained true to my cause, to bring justice to whatever evil may stand in my way.

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.Can't think of anything right now, and I know you will have more questions for me.

2011 Nov 25 (Fri) 12:19 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Post Re: Kentura - Protection Paladin
Heya Kentura! Officers have noted your application 8-)

Quick first question or rather request from me. Could you please redo your RP story? We appreciate any effort you put in so it doesn't have to be a novel but a little more wouldn't hurt ;)

Sav.

2011 Nov 25 (Fri) 2:41 am

Savian wrote:
Heya Kentura! Officers have noted your application 8-)

Quick first question or rather request from me. Could you please redo your RP story? We appreciate any effort you put in so it doesn't have to be a novel but a little more wouldn't hurt ;)

Sav.

Sure, I'm not so good at writing or coming up with stories, so I'm really struggling with it, but I'll try to come up with sum more. :)

2011 Nov 25 (Fri) 11:20 am

Here's a new version of my RP story.
Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it. : A Rude Awakening: A loud yell, Kentura fly up from his bed, grabs his mace and walks up to the door, he can hear distant screams, something is wrong. The air smells of smoke, he walks outside. The sky is on fire, balls of fire are raining down on the village. Everyone is gone, the village is empty, but he can still hear them scream, what is this? He run through the village, fire everywhere and he has to dodge the balls of fire to not get killed. He reaches the outskirts of the village, he can't see very much, the smoke is too thick. He hears someone coughing, he moves towards the sound, it's the village shaman, his right leg is torn off, and he's been burnt pretty bad, there's blood on the ground.
Kentura kneels down next to the shaman, "Hold on, let me see if I can heal you", he says. He stands up and and starts to move his hands as if he was doing the wave.. light appears from his palms and he throws his arm up in the air, as if he was reaching for the sky.
"Thank you", the shaman looks abit better now, the bleeding has almost stopped.
"What happened here? Where is everyone? Who did this?", Kentura grabs the shaman, "What happened?!"
"Calm down, the spirits have saved me, I will tell you what happened here. Deathwing, he came, he burned everything down, he killed everyone, flames everywhere... You have to stop him!"
"Deathwing?.. I thought he was a myth.", says Kentura.
"We all did, but something has awakened him, he's alive, he's real, and he's going to kill us all unless someone puts a stop to this madness...", the shaman starts to cough violently, the blood is dripping from his mouth. "You must go to Orgrimmar and join the forces there, go now, leave me here, I won't live much longer."
"I can't just leave you here?"
"You have no choice. Go!"
Without a word Kentura stands up, he knows what must be done. He must go to Orgrimmar and join the forces to fight Deathwing and his minions. The battle of a life time, to save Azeroth.

2011 Nov 25 (Fri) 12:03 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Thaaank you for that one, I enjoyed reading it ;)

2011 Nov 25 (Fri) 6:24 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Hunter
Hallo thar!

Please log out in your prot gear the next time online so we can check it. ^^

2011 Nov 26 (Sat) 6:09 pm
Former Member

cant say much unless i can see your tank gear rly.

but a question or two.

How often do you use Word of glory on yourself? in what situation and why?

would you consider yourself a maintank or a offtank?

What do you consider the most important in tanking stats?

whats more important. you or the healer?`

how much time do you spend on looking at the raids health?

do you know all your abilities? and how to use them? (just say yes or no, would be the longest answer otherwise.)

ok perhaps more then one or two questions.

What do you want from the guild?
Can you go offspec if needed?
Do you have the gear for them?

2011 Nov 26 (Sat) 6:17 pm

Seranyl wrote:
Hallo thar!

Please log out in your prot gear the next time online so we can check it. ^^

Will do!

Jiander wrote:
cant say much unless i can see your tank gear rly.

but a question or two.

How often do you use Word of glory on yourself? in what situation and why?

would you consider yourself a maintank or a offtank?

What do you consider the most important in tanking stats?

whats more important. you or the healer?`

how much time do you spend on looking at the raids health?

do you know all your abilities? and how to use them? (just say yes or no, would be the longest answer otherwise.)

ok perhaps more then one or two questions.

What do you want from the guild?
Can you go offspec if needed?
Do you have the gear for them?

I use word of glory on my self when I around 30k HP lost from my total since my Word of Glory heals about 30k for me with 3 holy power.
I can't really say if I am a main tank or an off tank, I play well doing whatever as a tank.
For me I would say Mastery is my most important stat, I try to keep my mastery as high as possible at the same time I try to keep an eye on my dodge and parry, diminishing returns.
Depending on the encounter I would say that the tank is most important many times, I feel like healers don't take so much damage anymore, if they know the tactics and what they are doing, most healers rarely need my help, but if I see any healers or fellow tanks go down on health I tend to cast Hand of Sacrifice on them, I can't say I use to heal other raid members with Word of Glory that often, I mostly need it for myself since there's a pretty annoying CD on it.
I do look at the raids health quite often, every time I know there is an AOE spell coming I look at it, I also use my Divine Guardian quite often, almost every time it's off CD or it needs to be saved, like during Majordomo, or Nefarian maybe.
Yes, yes I do know all my abilities, I sometimes feel like others forget I have some pretty good abilities and I use them too little.
What I want from the guild is some nice HC raiding with a nice attitude during raids and no angry faces, never cleared HC content before, and I would love to become a good player with some gear to brag about amongst RL friends. Altho, getting gear and bragging about it is only a very small part of the pleasure of playing this game. Actually completing hard bosses with intense tactics and getting to know people in the guild, become like a little E-family, is probably the really good part.
I have a retribution OS, and I do about 16-20k DPS with it. Average gear, 362 ilevel or so.

2011 Nov 26 (Sat) 8:51 pm
Former Member

thanks for your answers.

been looking through your gear. why do you change parry/dodge into mastery when you have expertise and hit on it?
also why are you using expertise/stm gems? shouldnt you use parry/stamina?

becuase if you changed all this and then got the mastery with a str use trinket from the firelands rep youd probably hit the 102.4% cap.

oh i almost forgot. the trinket from wintergrasp is almost a neceserity. get it if you dont have it.

Last edited by Jiander on 2011 Nov 27 (Sun) 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

2011 Nov 27 (Sun) 11:24 am
Former Member

so in conclusion.

You seem to know how to tank, thats good.
now. imho you've been doing your reforging and gemming wrong. and some enchants.
bracers for example shouldnt be expertise. and you have no glove enchant (might be you just got it though).

then theres some personal choices where we are different but those are personal choices :)

force him into fixing his gear and id say hed be a really good asset for heroics.
right now i think he takes a little too much spikes for a heroic boss which could be lethal.

2011 Nov 27 (Sun) 11:29 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page1, 2, 3  Next