NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 May 02 (Thu) 4:18 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
Accepted: Jiander. A Paladin with many faces. 
Former Member

Post Accepted: Jiander. A Paladin with many faces.
Name: Jiander
Race/Class: Blood elf Paladin
Main Spec: Either Holy or Protection. Depends on whats needed. I am a protection paladin at heart though. i do have some ret gear. but it it the best.
Primary Professions: JC/450 and BS/450
Armory Link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... cn=Jiander

What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Pontus and im from Gothenburg Sweden
How old are you? Please give your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.
im 23 years old. and i guess... nubaholic in polish?
How long have you been playing WoW?
Since early TBC, dont remember the exact date though.
Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.
eh. i play this toon mostly. daytimes and wednesdays to saturdays evening times. some sporadic evenings on the other days aswell. i have as of now 4 lvl 80 characters. the pala (duh), 1 priest (Maelkon SP) 1 rogue for sporadic funness (meladras). 1 DK cause i wanted to know what the hell they were about o.O (Narleen).
other then that i have a 77 warrior (tank mostly). a 69 shaman that i will get to lvl 80 but not play. and a lvl(as of now) 63 Mage i might play at 80 when it gets to that. then some low lvl alts thats up for getting to 80 once the others are there. (one of each class)
What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?
touph question i cant rly remember all of them. but the last is Isis. i left cause my reason to be in there left aswell. names i do remember is Decimate the weak and conquest. both cause they fell apart.
Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.
i know Cadeau, her boyfriend (whatever char hes in here with :P) Lanegan. vedder. gloore. irl.
then other is probably almost anyone in isis. if you want more names just whisper me ingame :)
What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not? ah as a tank i usually go by whether i die or not mainly. and doing what i should do.
as a holydin i mostly go by whether the tanks are alive. since thats mostly a holydins job. i usually dont care about meters though. since some fights require more healing then other and bla bla bla. you get the point.
What's your PvE experience like?
ive done mostly everything you can do pve wise except for perhaps SSC... i kinda skipped that one.
atm im 11/12 in icc 10 normal. tried LK a couple of times both as a tank and healer. 10/12 on 25 manhavnt tried either syndra nor LK there yet though.
Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
ah... touph question. i like to eperiment. so i usually try different things and im not afraid to spend gold to perfect it. so it depends on the moment though.
Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
i dont rly read up on my class. i know enough ppl to get advice from them and then adding everything up in my own way.
Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and this section is not optional.
Jiander is a calm person, he tends to himself alot and enjoys helping others in their troubles.
He had a violant past where he wrecked havoc amongst other children in villages nearby.
But after he saw his family get eaten by a abomination he became crazy but was found by a Priest named Maelkon that helped him come out of his mental state and then raised him. As the priest found a strange power within the young man he sent him to a Paladin friend of his in Silvermoon city and there he was trained in the ways of the paladin.
Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application.
as savian said you want holydins more than tankadins ill log out with my healing gear :)

2010 Apr 30 (Fri) 9:46 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Paladin
Post Re: Jiander. A Paladin with many faces.
Yeah, just to be clear, the situation right now is that there is no room for more tanks of any kind in the guild. That may change, of course, over the very long term, but right now we'll be evaluating this application as one for a holydin.

Our loot system does allow for free offspec loot, though, and the variety of activities in the guild (Ulduar hardmodes on offnights, etc.) means that you will certainly be able to keep Prot up as a hobby. But if tanking is what you want to do in raids in the forseeable future, you shoud look elsewhere.

I'll come back with some questions after I've checked your gear out.

2010 Apr 30 (Fri) 10:14 pm
Former Member

Ah just consider me a holy paly for now :) i was holy mainspecced in isis so it doesnt bother me too much to heal instead of tanking :)

2010 Apr 30 (Fri) 10:30 pm
Former Member

Getting Jiander onboard is truly amazing. hes very dedicated to the game, probably kicks every healing ass in the guild ( sorry guys, but its true!) and is a very humble and fun spirit. I highly recommend him, hes a very experienced hard core raider and he would contribute alot on bringing down the Lich King.

// Cad and Jahnrix

Kree!

2010 Apr 30 (Fri) 10:36 pm
Former Member

Class: Priest
Cadeau wrote:
probably kicks every healing ass in the guild ( sorry guys, but its true!)

okay I'm up for the challenge !! ;)

For the Grand Kree !!

2010 Apr 30 (Fri) 10:43 pm
Profile WWW
Former Member

Hmf, no more renew for your lifetap! D:<

2010 Apr 30 (Fri) 10:56 pm
Former Member

kree kree! just love, no hate! clarification: i meant he has very good gear! loves all the healers of the path, u along with the tanks are the foundation of ze raids!

2010 Apr 30 (Fri) 11:30 pm
Officer (Retired)

I have almost no complaints about your gear, though if you check my armory you'll notice I've opted for the mp5 head enchant and the intellect enchant on weapon—your choices are perfectly viable, of course, and I guess it's just a matter of taste.

Which one do you like best: haste, crit, or mp5? Why?

Also, the WoW armory talent trees don't work for me at the moment: could you talk about which glyphs you use and why?

2010 May 01 (Sat) 12:11 am
Former Member

ah. as the head enchant costs gold i just decided to wait to change it to a mp5 one when i get a mark so i can upgrade it. greedyness i suppose.

as for the weapon enchant i find it better purely statswise. since i do have around 42 k mana in raids i never go oom unless you force me to solo heal stuff ofc o.O meaning the SP is better for "bigger" heals.

as of now i go 1 for haste. 2 for int, 3 SP, 4 Mp5

the reason is that i never go oom. i usually tend to not heal peeps whos taken 10% dmg since theres almost always another healer who will. so i tend to stick to the tanks as much as possible. ofc if i have to ill heal like a maniac.

Glyph of holy light, since i am holy light specced (in my own oppinion) that is neceserily.
glyph of beacon of light i think its called. so i wont have to reapply it as much. makes it alot easier.
and atm i use glyph of seal of wisdom. since it made the whole LK fight so much easier manawise. (as in i can heal more and hit something meanwhile)

Also i have a belt with haste and mp5 instead of haste/crit that i might start using instead its a 251 ilevel though against my 264. all depends on what happens.

2010 May 01 (Sat) 12:43 pm
Officer (Retired)

All very sound logic. I would encourage you to re-think spellpower, though. Check the amount of overhealing you do and ask yourself whether you really ever need bigger heals. I've found that faster heals are almost always better, since any additional healing just goes straight to overheal. My gearing strategy has been exclusively focused on haste and regen (int, then mp5). Just something to think about.

Anyway, accepted for trial. Whisper me, Ekhan, Nimoe, Kainé, Denathos, or Narushka for a ginvite.

2010 May 01 (Sat) 3:44 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]