NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 28 (Sun) 11:50 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
Declined: Kaëron, Protection Paladin. 

Class: Paladin
Post Declined: Kaëron, Protection Paladin.
Name:Kaëron
Race, Class, and Main Spec:Blood Elft, Paladin, Protection
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... ron/simple

What's your name and where are you from? My Name is Eduardo and im from Portugal

How old are you? Please express your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.I am 22 years old, and i have no ideia what RPN is just found out about it now =)

How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding? I've been playing WoW since vanilla but only started raiding when TBC came out. As for raiding experience, on the other server Earthen Ring i raided most of the TBC content as a prot paladin, in wotlk i seen all the content both on My Paladin and My Shaman, as for Cata goes i've seen 6/12 bosses defeated and attempts on some others.

Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts. This is my main is it has been so since TBC, i have an alt Orc Shaman which i was pretty serious about in wotlk but atm he is still lvl 80 and im not sure if im going to lvl him anytime soon. Also have an alt here and there but none very serious.

What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild? Guild History i started playing as stated above in the Earthen Ring, leveled up my Paladin on a guild Called Forsaken Brotherhood, by lvl 70 i thought about raiding and applied to a Raidforce called Dizzy Gizmo "Semi Hardcore RF" (Guild was Black Rat Society but you were not required to be in the guild to raid) thats the RF where i saw most of the TBC content, i took a break before Wotlk and then came back when it was released, i was guildless at the time and upon reaching lvl 80 i joined a guild which i can't recall the time because i wasn't there for along time, shortly after i went on a alt run with my main with 1 of the top raiding guilds on the server (25 man) they liked me and told me to make an application and so i entered Insomnia "Hardcore RF" upon joining them we were the first guild achieving the Immortal on Earthen Ring and i saw all the content at that time plus ulduar when released, i left the guild due arguments with my officer, reason was because i made the guide for the immortal achievment and was forced to pass on the run because the officer wanted the spot and made me not get the achievment also the atmosphere was getting very displeasing and i personaly wasnt having any kind of fun, so i decided to try another server with another class i've never played and thats when i made my Shaman, Got him to lvl 80 and Entered the guild im currently in Barbarossa saw all of the Wotlk Content and when Cata came out i transfered my Paladin here so i could enter Barbarossa, while we are on the subject the reason i am applyig at the moment is because Barbarossa is disbanding due to lack of raiders guild leader has decided to close the guild and he has given time to everyone to find a guild and so i am.

Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also. As for references you can talk to my Guild Leader Rurnok, Taelos from Paradox or Krathil which was with me in Insomnia and changed server with me

What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?My role in raids depends entirely on the encounter can go simply as "Tank and Spank" "Add aoe tanking" "Kitting" "Knowing adds abilities and functios" "Knowing which should be tanked away from the raid" "Soaking Damage", regarding my performance i tend to look at combination of my Threat Generation and my Survivability, making sure i use the most effective rotation to avoid getting massives amount of damage taken and to avoid healers going oom.

Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did. With new talent trees specs are pretty much a no brainer, you dont have many choices in which talents you should be so personaly i pick a Prot/Retri combination that provides me with the best amount of threat output with survivability and mobility, as for gear goes with Cataclysm Stamina ain't as important as it used to be (except on very particular encounter) so i am for full coverage instead of getting alot of stamina, may seem that im more squishy but actually allows me to sustain alot more time wihtout getting healed and less straigning on the healers.

Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game? When you play the same class and spec throught 3 expansions and throughout all the changes they made, you at some points dont need guides, sure elitist jerks have some nice guides if you wanna compare for example enchants or best threat generation etc, but i usually make my own builds, also i tend to talk alot about tanking with another paladin tank from Paradox so exchanges points of view with other experienced tanks is also a good way to improving yourself

Please provide a screenshot of your UI during raid boss or dungeon boss combat. At the moment i dont have 1, also im in the process of getting a new computer so when i do get my new computer my UI will most likely be alto different form the 1 im using due to performance issues, but i have no problems with raids what so ever, i simply dont go around raiding with ultra settings ^^

Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.

Kaëron was found roaming the Eastern Plaguelands soaked in blood by Argent Dawn scouts and was taken to Lights Hope Chapel, rumour had it that he was the son of a Blood Elf Ambassador which had his party ambushed by the scourge on route to the Ghostlands, the most puzzling question was "how would a child could have survived such and event"
3 weeks after being found Kaëron woke up not knowing what happened to him he was told by The Argent Dawn what happened. Days afterwards The Argent Dawn along with Ithelis (Blood Knight) dispached a Squad of Soldiers to excort Kaëron back to Silvermoon knowing that odds were that the perpetrators would try again to claim his life, a day after they started traveling when all seemed well and they were about to reach the Northpass Tower checkpoint, they noticed something was odd, Ithelis told one of the soldiers to scout the area and they found that all the sentinels were unaccounted for and they found parts of the disembodied officer scattered throughout the Area, before he could do anything Ithelis realized he had walked right into a trap.. Completly Surrounded by Cryptic Stalkers the Squad was completly outnumbered and what became a simple excort mission quickly turned into a bloodbath, The Nerubians toyed with em, and made sure the blood elfs were the last to die, wounded and completly surrounded Ithelis stood in front of Kaëron with every ounce of strenght he had left.. he looked at Kaëron and said "I'm sorry for not being able to protect you.." Kaëron was paralyzed by fear.. and when he was in the verge of screaming.. suddenly flashbacks back... he saw how his father died.. he saw what happened.. but more important.. He saw how he survived... as Kaëron was in that state Ithelis could not belive his sight.. he dropped his sword.. and saw Kaëron getting by a Aura of Light.. as the Nerubian Overseer stepped to deliver the finishing blow.. Kaëron Opened his eye and a blast of light so strong that you could confuse it for the sun.. Obliterrated all the Scourge in a 1 mile radius... he fainted shortly after..

Ithelis Carried him to Silvermoon after what happened he vowed to train Kaëron into a Blood Knight and from that day on he became known as Kaëron Sunkeeper...

And thats the tale of how Kaëron became a Blood Knight..

Additional notes. Optionally, mention anything else you'd like us to know about your application. I have a Retribution offspec, even though i am and will always be protection as mainspec i realized that have an offspec adds alot of versatility to encounters specialy 10 man, when on 1 tank fights 1 extra dps can make the difference between a kill and a wipe

Best Regards Kaëron

2011 Apr 25 (Mon) 9:49 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Post Re: Kaëron, Protection Paladin.
Very nice application! I'll await some quick-fire answers from our resident Pala's but looks good!
Shame to hear about Barbarossa disbanding, me and the Nok go a while back :D

Anyways, noted and good luck! I might add some questions of my own tomorrow, when I get back home.

2011 Apr 26 (Tue) 2:44 am
Former Member

Howdy.

Gear seems ok, even if you have reforged mastery to dodge on your ring.
tank thinking seems ok.
RP is ok.
its good that you have tanked alr in cata aswell.

but what i would like to know is about your retri offspec, how's that working?
please tell us a little about it.

and also. just take a UI screen in a heroic or something, to show us the basic idea.

/Luminor

2011 Apr 26 (Tue) 11:21 am

Hello, here is a screenshot i hope it provides basic info about my raiding UI

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/ ... 215114.jpg

also about my retri offspec, im nearly hit capped with it, its gemmed and enchanted all of it, regarding performance on retri spec, im working on it aswell i would say its average atm considering it's the first time i have a spec thats not prot.
Talent wise its 7/2/32 from what i've tested and spoke with other retridins about it it seems the most effective build im open to sugestions obviously, if needed i can show the retri gear in game
Average item lvl with retri spec is 355, i have 2 pvp items Vicous Glad neck and relic, reason why i havent replaced its because i havent found proper pve replacements yet.

Best Regards Kaëron

2011 Apr 26 (Tue) 3:35 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Hey Kaëron!

Thanks for your application, Here are some questions from me:

Currently we have 3 very active tanks. If we were to take you in that would mean we would have 4 very active tanks (I hope ;) ) but 4 tanks doesn't really fit to well in a 10man raid. Obviously some benching will be needed at some point. How do you feel about that?

How does our raiddays fit in with your schedule each week?

I don't know exactly what bossfights you've been in or not been in, but until you get your new computer and don't run raids on ultra settings, have you ever come across some mechanics that you've missed to avoid due to your video setups? Like fire and crashes on Cho'gall, tornados on Al'akir or Sonic pulses on Chimaeron?

All for now :)
/ Vedder

2011 Apr 26 (Tue) 7:21 pm

To be totally honesst? i prefer that way, and the reason is simple. Even though happens to us all when you log in and end up getting on standby and you go like "awww i wanted to raid =(" the reality is, that i prefer if for some reason me or another tank have rl things to attend or simply can't make it to raid in time there's is some1 to replace. I wont feel like "oh sh*t i can't make it tonight raid will be cancelled because of it" Plus im an achievment freak if im on standby i can easilly go to achievssss and moar achievs.. and achievs.. have i mentioned achievs?

Regarding the settings i've raid with this comp since wotlk, and be4 i had an even worse comp that has NEVER affected my raiding performance on bosses abilities and such, sure if i had a better comp over time my might have some tweaks here and there, but i have no problems in fights what so ever. Plus im getting my new computer in a month or so Quad Core etc.. so shouldnt be an issue really :D

Regarding Bosses I've done 4/6 bwd and attempts on chimaeron, 2/4 on BoT and attempts on the ascendant council, never seen ToFW.

Raid days, I tend to have no problem to raid at any day past 19.30, unless something in rl comes up, but thats out of my control so i shouldn't have any problem at all raiding.

Best Regards Kaëron

PS - on this particular week i am finishing a project which i have been on for the past 3 weeks, so i might be less active than usual, but it is a 1 time thing.

2011 Apr 26 (Tue) 8:15 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Hey Kaëron,

Sorry for the delayed reply.
We've come to the decision to not accept you. It was a very tough decision but looking at our current roster we would probably not be able to fit you in for much more than a retribution paladin.

I'm sure you'll find a good guild that needs your help.
/ Vedder

2011 Apr 29 (Fri) 5:02 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]