NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Apr 20 (Sat) 12:07 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to pagePrevious  1, 2, 3  Next
Accepted: Kaëron, Protection Paladin, Round 2! 

Class: Paladin
Post Re: Kaëron, Protection Paladin, Round 2!
Good to see you back! Nothing to add really that hasn't been said last night or in the previous app besides wishing you good luck!

Cheers*
Feel free to throw in any more questions if you got em.

2011 Oct 03 (Mon) 9:58 pm
Former Member

Helloes. nice to see someone else to not use the very stupidly talent of improved judgement.
anyways about your cooment about Judgements of the pure vs rule of law, i get 15% of the CURRENT crit chance ive got. not the extra crit chance effects and so on from other stuff but a 15% of the 1.24% crit chance i have. so calculating that i get a 0.18 ish increase of crit from rule of law, this was also tested out by me for quiet some time and the "increase" wasnt always a "increase" :) make any sense? i can write it more easy but its way too early in the morning so :D

also with the buff to seal of truth the seal of the pure talent is better then both judgements of the wise and rule of law.

2011 Oct 04 (Tue) 7:56 am

Helloes. nice to see someone else to not use the very stupidly talent of improved judgement.

Personally i beg to differ Improved Judgement can be very usefull in mobile fights where you can if Avenger Shield is cd get a judgement on a mob to help you out, So it's not that bad of a talent if you dont mind turning down the extra dps/threat i've seen many end game tanks using that talent choice.

Anyways about your cooment about Judgements of the pure vs rule of law, i get 15% of the CURRENT crit chance ive got. not the extra crit chance effects and so on from other stuff but a 15% of the 1.24% crit chance i have. so calculating that i get a 0.18 ish increase of crit from rule of law, this was also tested out by me for quiet some time and the "increase" wasnt always a "increase" make any sense? i can write it more easy but its way too early in the morning so

also with the buff to seal of truth the seal of the pure talent is better then both judgements of the wise and rule of law.

Actually it is not, and i can back this up with proper graphs and quote's, what Rule of Law gives is extra critical strike to those 3 Skills which compensate the haste that Judgement of the Pure gives and adding extra survivability.

This graph actually shows that Judgement of the Pure is in the bottom regarding dps, 2 ranks below Rule of the Law and you also dont have the shiny extra crit on Word of Glory

Also here is some is a quote from MainTankadin to back me up

"Continuing down the line, we have Crusade and Rule of Law clocking in at almost identical levels in 939. If there were any question about which sub-spec (Holy or Ret) was going to be predominant in Cataclysm, Crusade and Rule of Law put the issue to rest. Both are solid talents, and should lead to a default spec of (0/31/8)+2. As a reminder, in previous sims we've seen that Crusade is many times more effective in AoE rotations against multiple mobs as it buffs HotR, and that Rule of Law also sees a significant increase in the AoE rotation.
Arbiter of the Light and Judgements of the Pure are both fairly weak threat talents, though JotP pulled ahead significantly due to the Censure buff. It still lags SotP by a good bit though. Neither are particularly spectacular, but sitting in the first tier they're easy to pick off with extra points. Unfortunately, you'd be foolish to pass up the Crusade+RoL juggernaut, which means you'll have at most 2 points to place in these two talents (provided you don't want Pursuit of Justice)."

He actually crunches all the numbers it is amazing the amount of info you can get from here and if you dont belive me here is the thread you can check for yourself http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... 11#p593311 <-- Here

PS - these threads helped me alot how to improve my tanking they have some pretty nifty stuff there :)

Regards Kaë

2011 Oct 04 (Tue) 9:09 am
Former Member

well different oppinions then :P this spec works good for me so far ^^ anyways you seem to know how to tank atleast ^^

2011 Oct 04 (Tue) 1:11 pm

Well different oppinions then this spec works good for me so far ^^ anyways you seem to know how to tank atleast ^^

Cheers, tnks for the vote of confidence! :)

2011 Oct 05 (Wed) 10:13 am
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Hey again Kaëron,

Could you kindly advise what abilities it is that you're currenlty activating with your mouse? Any defensive cd's perhaps?

2011 Oct 05 (Wed) 7:06 pm

Hey again Kaëron,

Could you kindly advise what abilities it is that you're currenlty activating with your mouse? Any defensive cd's perhaps?

Actually i have changed that since i got asked about it, asked a friend of mine and he gave me a hand with it and i now have all my defensive cds Keybinded with Shift 1,2,3,4,5 plus some other stuff with Ctrl 1,2,3,4 had the chance to do some dungeon and im actually enjoying it pretty much if i knew it was so relaxing i would have done it earlier! :D

2011 Oct 05 (Wed) 7:58 pm

Just realized that i haven't actually repied to the question "DuH" skill that i'm activating with the mouse well not that many now that i think of it, I'd think the main skills that i havent keybinded yet are the Hands "Salvation Sacrifice etc" planning on sorting out proper keybindings for those aswell tho.

2011 Oct 05 (Wed) 8:10 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
As a follow up, perhaps I'm mistaken but are you only using the numbers as hotkeys? Considering you move around with the default "wsad" keys there's plenty of keys around there to map up. Q, E, R, F, X, T, G to name a few. Considering you shift bind these as well it should cover pleanty of abilties.

2011 Oct 05 (Wed) 10:02 pm

As a follow up, perhaps I'm mistaken but are you only using the numbers as hotkeys? Considering you move around with the default "wsad" keys there's plenty of keys around there to map up. Q, E, R, F, X, T, G to name a few. Considering you shift bind these as well it should cover pleanty of abilties.

I'm aware of those haven't tried it on my Paladin (Have those binded on my shaman) the reason why i havent is because i haven't found a need for them yet, Im still adjusting to the shift/ctrl thingy so i'd say it will be a gradual thing being totaly honest, i've never had any performance issues without that many keybindings, i have to admit tho the 1s im currently using will for sure improve my gaming experience tho.

So as an answer to your question i am mostly using number keybinds yes, but like i said just as i adjust i'll be adding more keybinds when im properly confortable with the 1s i have at the moment :)

2011 Oct 05 (Wed) 10:09 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to pagePrevious  1, 2, 3  Next