NEWS · LORE · FORUM · JOIN US

It is currently 2024 Mar 28 (Thu) 5:28 pm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
Declined: Elayh - Level 85 Orc Hunter. 

Class: Hunter
Post Declined: Elayh - Level 85 Orc Hunter.
Name:
My character's name is Elayh.
Race, Class, and Main Spec:
I play a female Orc huntress and my current many spec is markmanship. (7/31/3).
Armory Link:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... h/advanced
What's your name and where are you from?
My name is Isak and I am from Stockholm, Sweden.
How old are you? Please express your answer in Reverse Polish Notation.
I'm not good at mathematics, so I don't completely understand this whole Reverse Polish Notation thing. But I'll give it a try; 10 5+ (15 years old), I hope that's alright ;)
How long have you been playing WoW? What experience do you have of endgame raiding?
I have been playing World of Warcraft for approximately 4 years, since the end of The Burning Crusade. Back then I was in both my own, and many other's opinion too young to attend any raids. But I began playing more serious in the middle of the WOTLK-expansion. I had significant raid spots in guilds like Shadowsong (Alliance side), already at the age of 13½. With them, I killed every boss except Lich King in the Icecrown Citadel. And now to my raiding experience in the current expansion: I downed 7/12 bosses in BoT/BwD/ToT4W before the nerf-patch. And directly after the patch had been applied I killed the remaining bosses. In FL I managed to kill 6/7 bosses before the nerf patch. And today I'm at 7/7 normal mode, and 2/7 in heroic (These 2 I downed with you guys last week).
Is this your main? How often do you play this character? Tell us about your other characters, including any serious alts.
Yes this is my main character, I pretty much play it every single day of the week. I also have an alt, my level 85 Paladin, which I mostly PvP with. But I also have some decent holy PvE gear.
What's your complete guild history, on this realm as well as any other? Why did you leave / are you leaving your current or previous guild?
I played alliance before and the only "serious" guild I remember playing with, was Shadowsong back in the Wrath days. And since i rolled horde, I've only been in one guild, Conflux. They split a few weeks after I joined'em and then they suddenly returned from the dead, I joined them againl, but it seems like there's nothing going on in the guild. The leader has not been online for quite a while.
Provide the names of some people we can get in touch with in-game as references. Please note that references are required: give names of characters on other realms, if necessary. If you know anyone on the Path, either in-game or IRL, mention that here also.
Warié, on the Alliance side tho, good friend of mine whom I have played with for a long time. Walie, extremely good alliance priest. Also an ol'friend.
What is your role in raids? How do you judge whether you're doing a good job or not?
I am a very concentrated person and in my own opinion I play my class with great certainty. Mostly because it's basicly the only class I have played a lot in PvE, for a long time. I have zero problems when it comes to understanding tactics, or in other words, I'mma easy learner. So basicly what I can contribute with; is that I in 99,9% of the cases know what I'm doing.
Describe your choice of spec, how you came to your current build, and any other things you feel we should know about why you spent your talent points the way you did.
When I was younger I just specced off of "PRO HUNTARZ" from the big guilds around the world. Today I put my brain into every talent and try to judge what is best for every type of situation of the game. Altho, because of the current few choices you have. My spec is nearly equal with many of the good hunters out there. Also, I play markmanship right now because I think it's slightly funnier than survival (Wouldn't mind going surv tho, if I'd one day find it to be more suitable), but right now Markman also puts out better damage than the other hunter specs.
Where do you go to read about your class outside of the game?
Manaflask.com (Ensidia & For the Horde's website/forum), watch movies on Youtube etc. etc.
Please provide a screenshot of your UI during raid boss or dungeon boss combat.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/ ... 70449.jpg/
Roleplaying Section: End your application with a short in-character biography, a note from your character to the officers, or other RP story or RP statement about yourself. Effort is much more appreciated than length or content, and your application will not be considered without it.
Elayh is a green-skinned kind of ugly, brown-haired Orc female huntress. She lives in the large, majestic city of Orgrimmar. On her free time, when she's not out in the adventerous world of Azeroth, Elayh's main intersts are brewing potions, flasks and elixirs of different kinds. She is also an engineer. After a hard day of work or fantastic adventures, she usually hangs at the Orgrimmar inn with her fellow friends, drinks a bottle of wine or two, sometimes three.

I'm not sure if the biography was suppose to be written out of an " I " perspective, if so, just poke me and I'll create a new one.

Regards, Elayh. :D

2011 Oct 27 (Thu) 4:14 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Post Re: Elayh - Level 85 Orc Hunter.
Heya Elayh! Thanks for applying, I've heard about you from the previous raid you joined :D The other officers and I have noted your application and will bombard you with some questions soon!

Sav. 8-)

2011 Oct 27 (Thu) 5:43 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Druid
Hey there Elayh,

Thanks for your application and interest. Some questions from me:

- Since you're quite young, this raises the parental question. How much room have your parents to decide about your time in front of the computer? Are you funding the monthly game subscription yourself?
- If you were to look on our General Forum topics you would get a full explanation of RPN :). There you can also find some other useful info....
- How good does our raiding times line up with your real life schedule?
- What's your opinion of our loot distribution system?
- How would you react to progressbosses where the raid keeps wiping over and over again?

All for now
/ Vedder

2011 Oct 27 (Thu) 6:23 pm

Heya Vedder & Savian, thanks for replying to my application so quick.

I do understand that my age might seem inappropriate. After all I'm only 15 years old. But I do believe that I am very mature person judging by my age. I have no difficulties with my parents interrupting or getting angry while I'm playing, I play as much as I want, as long as I do my homeworks etc. etc. (Which I always do directly after school). I do not pay my own World of Warcraft subscription tho, but it's been onstream for quite a while now, pretty much since the day I started playing. Nearly all my friends play WoW aswell, and in the summer we use to skate a lot, but that's gonna be impossible in a few weeks ahead, when the Swedish winter arrives. So right now, what I do is basiclly enjoying the game with my friends and I will continue to do so. About the loot rules; It is basicly the same as in my previous guild. I think it's a good & fair way to distribute the loot. Again, I had a lot of experience in my last guild when it comes to wiping. We had some major of problems with Alysrazor & Ragnaros, mostly because of intern fight between members & people making really, really, stupid mistakes over & over again. But back then I just kept fighting and after a while it gave results and I am more than ready to do it again.

Feel free to bombard me with even more questions. ;)
///Elayh.

2011 Oct 27 (Thu) 8:41 pm
Officer (Retired)

Hello.

Could you give me a rundown of your "rotation" as a markshunter?

And also in which order you want haste, crit, agi, hit etc for your current specc.

Which is your favorite boss encounter so far in wow?

//Le boomkin

2011 Oct 28 (Fri) 10:07 am

Hello Arache.

My rotation goes as following: Potion of Tol'Vir instantly, if possible a few milliseconds before the boss engages (But I usually do it when I see that the tank's around 1,5-0,5 seconds away from attacking). Then I put out a Serpent Sting followed by a Chimera Shot. Afterwards I pop Rapid Fire (+ Trinkets & Blood Fury, the Orc racial). Then Readiness (To regain the cooldown of Chimera Shot + Rapid Fire). Then I go for another Chimera, followed by 2x Steady Shots to regain focus for an Aimed Shot, then 2x steady shots again and another Aimed Shot. After this one I steady up my focus again, for the returned cooldown of Chimera Shot. Then the second my Rapid Fire runs out, I pop a new one together with my engineering glove enchant (the +480 agility). When my second RF runs out, I mainly steady shot & arcane shot, use Chimera Shot on every cooldown and only use Aimed Shots on "Fire!", the proc allowing me to cast Aimed instantly.

Sorry for a lil' blurry description, but I hope you understand it.

Now to the stats; Agi first, ofcourse. Then Hit Rating, up to the 8% cap. After these 2 obvious ones, I've chosen to go for Crit > Haste > Mastery. After dummy testings etc. etc. I've learnt that with this stat priority, I manage to put out the highest DPS.

My favorite boss encounter ever, is the Opera event in Karazhan (Mainly the Big Bad Wolf). I also like the Putricide fight in ICC (Don't ask me why ;) I just love it somehow). And in Cataclysm the bosses I've enjoyed the most this far into the expansion, are Alysrazor, Maloriak & Beth'tilac.

I guess that was it. Feel free to come with more questions, I'd be happy to answer them.
///Elayh. :)

2011 Oct 28 (Fri) 7:32 pm
Officer (Retired)

Class: Mage
Hey hey! I'd like to ask you some in character question, hope you're up for it ;)

So what drives Elayh to go out into the world and adventure? Does she have reasons to fight, people to fight for, a cause that she holds dear or ideals maybe? Could you please brighten my dark evening a bit with some storytelling 8-) (Doesn't have to be a novel, just a bit of...imagination is good!)

2011 Oct 29 (Sat) 12:28 am
Former Member

Class: Priest
We can almost start The LP Swedish hockey Team!

2011 Nov 02 (Wed) 12:26 pm
Profile WWW
Officer (Retired)

So it seems the lack of interest leaves us declining this.

2011 Nov 03 (Thu) 10:45 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]